PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl?

SteelClip49
10/4/2010, 01:48 PM
Interesting predictions.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections?season=2010&week=5

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2010, 01:54 PM
Oregon or Auburn.. ughh

MarylandSooner
10/4/2010, 01:55 PM
I wonder if the prediction changes if OU or Nebish finish 13-0. Or are they saying it does not matter because in their eyes the Big 12 is not that good this year. I would hope a 13-0 Big 12 champion would be in the CCG.

cdlbdd
10/4/2010, 02:00 PM
I wonder if the prediction changes if OU or Nebish finish 13-0. Or are they saying it does not matter because in their eyes the Big 12 is not that good this year. I would hope a 13-0 Big 12 champion would be in the CCG.

A 13-0 team in the CCG is impossible. Just sayin'.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2010, 02:03 PM
A 13-0 team in the CCG is impossible. Just sayin'.

I suspect the meaning was post CCG.

Salt City Sooner
10/4/2010, 02:08 PM
UT vs. Stanford = severe nightmare matchup for the 'horns D, IMO. They're every bit as physical as UCLA is, plus Kevin Prince ain't no Andrew Luck.

soonerborn30
10/4/2010, 02:23 PM
I like the Auburn matchup a lot more than I like the UO one.

OU Engineer
10/4/2010, 02:25 PM
way too early to start thinking/discussing this IMHO.

Besides, I stopped trusting ESPiN a long time ago.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2010, 02:27 PM
I'm amazed they both think we get BCS bowls - I probably wouldn't call it that way yet.

sooneron
10/4/2010, 02:28 PM
I like the Auburn matchup a lot more than I like the UO one.

^This

OK2U
10/4/2010, 02:42 PM
Cam Newton is mobile, but that Oregon offense is scary.
They are on track to demolish OU's scoring record in 2008.
http://www.examiner.com/college-football-in-national/oregon-ducks-on-record-pace-to-break-sooners-point-total

Oldnslo
10/4/2010, 03:02 PM
Schlaback has aggie lite beating sexat.

ORLY?

fwsooner22
10/4/2010, 03:12 PM
Interesting but it looks like they are both assuming ** is still gonna win most of their games.....I don't see it.

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.examiner.com/college-football-in-national/oregon-ducks-on-record-pace-to-break-sooners-point-total

The PAC 10 "defenses" are bad enough if they keep leaving their starters in for the whole game.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2010, 03:26 PM
The PAC 10 "defenses" are bad enough if they keep leaving their starters in for the whole game.

Of course the big12 defenses were no great shakes in '08, but we did do our damage in the 1st half in the majority of games. ASU did slow down the ducks a lot, but handed out interceptions like candy which accounted for the high score.

C&CDean
10/4/2010, 03:42 PM
I ain't sold on the ducks at all. Personally, I think Arizona (for one) will beat them. They haven't played anybody yet (other than Stanford) and they've still go to go to USC, Cal, and Oregon State.

85Sooner
10/4/2010, 09:50 PM
I have sen he future. I cannot tell you which bowl it will be but it WILL BE OU/ Boise State. Book it.

stoopified
10/4/2010, 10:02 PM
Lot of football to be played.

SoonerNation20
10/4/2010, 11:50 PM
Who is this Andrea Adelson chick? This is why I can't listen to female sports analysts.

BCS National Championship Game: Ohio State vs Boise State

????????

http://loliday.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/roflcopter.jpg

Okie35
10/4/2010, 11:55 PM
I have sen he future. I cannot tell you which bowl it will be but it WILL BE OU/ Boise State. Book it.

Yea in the Fiesta. I really think it will be that match up again. I've been saying it all year.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 12:52 AM
If you look at the real BCS projections we're gonna be in WAY better shape than a lesser BCS bowl if we win out.

Okie35
10/5/2010, 01:40 AM
If you look at the real BCS projections we're gonna be in WAY better shape than a lesser BCS bowl if we win out.

I wouldn't say way better. If Oregon, Ohio State, and Bama win out we'll be in the Fiesta if we win out.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 03:58 AM
When you figure it out right now based on computer rakings that are available, our spot in the coaches poll, and use the AP in the place of the Harris Poll we are currently #3 in the BCS so I'd call that WAY better, particularly if Florida State and Air Force keep winning and we go on to beat an undefeated Nebbish in the CCG.

http://bcscentral.info/bcs_rankings.html

According to that, all we really need is Bama or Boise to lose. Oregon's right on our *** so it wouldn't hurt for them to lose. tOSU is way back at #6 behind TCU and they'll also lose AT LEAST one game. If we win out, we're in. Period. Boise will also be falling behind us easily if VT and Oregon State lose a few games each. The only thing that might help Boise stay at #2 is if Nevada wins every game but against them and if Nevada beats them they are doomed.

sendbaht
10/5/2010, 05:01 AM

I like this the best......

soonerbub
10/5/2010, 06:14 AM
uhhh doesn't the rose bowl only take big 10 v pac 10 now that the champ. game is separate? Even if the champs of the leagues play in the NCG there is no freaking way the rose bowl would take teams from another league anymore--they thought it was worse than death to have us there remember?

No Big XII team that finished undefeated has ever been left out of the big bowl--I don't expect it to be different this year--just win baby!!

Not to mention the fact that the only non conference champs to play for it all were from the Big XII (us and bugeaters)

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 06:52 AM
Doesn't matter anyway. All I care about is that we WILL be in the big game. all those other dooshers can play in the other BCS games.

King Barry's Back
10/5/2010, 09:56 AM
uhhh doesn't the rose bowl only take big 10 v pac 10 now that the champ. game is separate? Even if the champs of the leagues play in the NCG there is no freaking way the rose bowl would take teams from another league anymore--they thought it was worse than death to have us there remember?

No Big XII team that finished undefeated has ever been left out of the big bowl--I don't expect it to be different this year--just win baby!!

Not to mention the fact that the only non conference champs to play for it all were from the Big XII (us and bugeaters)

I like your logic, but I don't know if it will apply this year.

It's great that TX sucks this year, but because TX sucks (and some middling schools look a little weak), the perception is going to be that the Big XII is relatively weak.

I am NOT worried about mid-major BSU and TCU keeping us out, but if an undefeated Big XII champ is compared to an undefeated Bama (or any undefeated SEC Champ), we LOSE. if the Big 10 Champ, and the Pac 10 champ are also undefeated, it is hard to see a Big XII Champ leaping over them.

This could well be the year that OU (or Nebraska) wins out, but is left watching the big game on TV (ala Auburn back in the day).

There's a lot of football yet to be played, and it is tough to go undefeated, but this is shaping up to be the year we get left out.

Lott's Bandana
10/5/2010, 10:33 AM
I like that Nebbish has become the media uberlustover, like Misery was in times recent.

Put us in the CCG with them and I think you'll see the Cornboys get mad and take their ball home after an England/Argentina Falklands-like beatdown.

Jboozer
10/5/2010, 10:40 AM

Alot of good that did us. In such an offensive league, we weren't ready to play a more defensive team than we did in the CCG. Putting up a ton of points doesn't matter if you don't win the big game. Stanford's D isn't very good, all the experts were saying that it was going to be a shootout. Oregon's D isn't very good either. USC? Washington? nobody in the PAC-1 is playing defense yet this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon struggled outside the pac-1 against a better defensive conference like the SEC, or tOSU (Rose Bowl anyone?).