PDA

View Full Version : OP Thread Bashing Boomer Sooner

OU Engineer
10/4/2010, 01:18 PM
Of course the ghouls over at OP need someone to do their thinking for them:

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=104220

and link to the list:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/upo...ying_colle.php

Seems to me its just a list of all the teams who win a lot, and therefore play their fight songs accordingly.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2010, 01:22 PM
Just post this on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CupF7CQQOJI

and walk away.

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 01:27 PM
Golden aggy quote of the week:

"The BIG 12 is Oklahoma STATE'S for the taking. Clearly, the only two teams in this conference primed for a special season played last Thursday night."

oh, yeah... you betcha I saved that link in my favorites. :D

ouduckhunter
10/4/2010, 01:30 PM
HaHa!!! The Pride is obviously doing something right, if people hate Boomer Sooner!!! Makes me proud!

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 01:30 PM
Why waste yer time trolling their Board ?
They are just a bunch of Jealous idjits.

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 01:31 PM

"The BIG 12 is Oklahoma STATE'S for the taking. Clearly, the only two teams in this conference primed for a special season played last Thursday night."

Was it in that thread ?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2010, 01:34 PM

8 Turnovers...Really???

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs308.snc4/40747_866937622987_9619577_45924146_4555743_n.jpg

Leroy Lizard
10/4/2010, 01:43 PM
To be honest, I don't think I would recognize the OSU fight song if I heard it. Eyes of Texas... sure. (But that's because I sung it in elementary school with different words.)

Lott's Bandana
10/4/2010, 01:46 PM
Love it or hate it, Boomer Sooner is one of the top 5 recognizable fight songs in NCAAF.

Most college football fans recognize OSU is in Ohio.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2010, 01:51 PM
Love it or hate it, Boomer Sooner is one of the top 5 recognizable fight songs in NCAAF.

Most college football fans recognize OSU is in Ohio.

I'd say Boomer Sooner is the MOST recognizable.
If you can't associate Boomer Sooner with Oklahoma, you're probably not a college football fan.

Second is probably Eyes of Texas.

Both are very catchy tunes. Ours just happens to not be a nursery rhyme.

badger
10/4/2010, 02:05 PM
OSU's song repertoire includes:

-A waving wheat song that sounds like a carousel ride
-The Hey Song with an extra line added to fit in O-S-U-Cowboys shouting.
- The Ride Ride Ride song that nobody knows the words to
- A boring alma mater that sounds like a funeral hymn (how appropriate for a losing program, hehe)

And yeah, OP lurkers, I know that you are 4-0 and ranked right now. Must be nice to play all of your games at home, huh?

Taxman71
10/4/2010, 02:36 PM
TBoone would give his last nickel if anyone outside of Payne County could recognize the poke fight song. The closest they got were those two girls dancing during the basketball games.

yukonsooner
10/4/2010, 02:51 PM
Where did the key shaking come from?? That is so redneck. & I don't understand about their game Thurs. At 6pm on Thurs. it was osu was going to roll over aTm because aTm's team was horrible. Then at 6am Fri it was a great win over a south contender. I've tried to tell the aggies I know they can't have it both ways, but they just do that dumb pistol firing thing (you know the big L for loser) and smile.

OKLA21FAN
10/4/2010, 02:54 PM
Where did the key shaking come from?? That is so redneck. & I don't understand about their game Thurs. At 6pm on Thurs. it was osu was going to roll over aTm because aTm's team was horrible. Then at 6am Fri it was a great win over a south contender. I've tried to tell the aggies I know they can't have it both ways, but they just do that dumb pistol firing thing (you know the big L for loser) and smile.

I remember (for football anyway) the key shaking was really big with K STATE back in the mid to late 90s.

before that, it was a SEC tradition for baseball games as far back is the early 80s

SoonerPr8r
10/4/2010, 02:55 PM
Where did the key shaking come from??

Key shaking is done just about anywhere. Its the fans saying that its time to "start up the buses" because the game is over. Usu done in blowouts.

yukonsooner
10/4/2010, 02:59 PM
Key shaking is done just about anywhere. Its the fans saying that its time to "start up the buses" because the game is over. Usu done in blowouts.

But......I understand, the aggies have no idea what it means either cause they are shaking those keys when the walk into the stadium.

badger
10/4/2010, 03:00 PM
Where did the key shaking come from??

In about 2003, OU's resident weirdo (but he's friendly I guess) Clarke Stroud introduced "Key Play" at the Big Red Rally, telling people they had to get out their keys on third down and make lots of noise. This was back when the north endzone board was just yellow/orange text.

Needless to say, it did not catch on, but just became a joke for people who were at BRR that year :rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
10/4/2010, 03:34 PM
There are so many gems over there.

I'm just sick of hearing "OSU hasn't played anyone yet."
exactly. that's not our fault. we play who's on our freaking schedule.

:confused:

You know guys the only games you have to play are the conference games and the others you get to pi...oh forget it they'd never understand.

stoopified
10/4/2010, 03:58 PM
lOSUERS

fadada1
10/4/2010, 04:21 PM
osu has a fight song? really? verification please.

DarrellZero
10/4/2010, 04:22 PM
Leave it to OSU to fumble-**** their way through an ugly win on national TV and immediately start talking about a "special" season.

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 04:24 PM
Here ya go

g3xtMZvG2WI

SoonerDood
10/4/2010, 04:27 PM
Not everyone can have an awesome fight song that sounds like the Bear on the Tricycle at the circus:D

jumperstop
10/4/2010, 04:31 PM
USC's or Tenn's are the worst to me. Always getting stuck in my head after I watch their games. As if it wasn't obvious, that list is just comprised of mostly top programs. I wonder if this has anything to do with people not likely those schools fights songs and not the fact that they are acctually annoying? :D

soonerbrat
10/4/2010, 04:38 PM
wow, they have a whole forum dedicated to OU. i'm flattered :D

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2010, 04:48 PM
OSU's fight song sounds like freakin circus music

Scott D
10/4/2010, 05:28 PM
I'd say Boomer Sooner is the MOST recognizable.
If you can't associate Boomer Sooner with Oklahoma, you're probably not a college football fan.

Second is probably Eyes of Texas.

Both are very catchy tunes. Ours just happens to not be a nursery rhyme.

For you perhaps, I've been working on forgetting Hail to the Victors for the better part of the last 15 years (the time I've lived in Michigan)

OUTrumpet
10/4/2010, 05:30 PM
To be honest, I don't think I would recognize the OSU fight song if I heard it. Eyes of Texas... sure. (But that's because I sung it in elementary school with different words.)

It sounds like a russian bear should be riding a tricycle at the circus while it's being played. Cheap *** carny music.

yankee
10/4/2010, 07:26 PM
i'll be honest...boomer sooner grates on me after a while...

GottaHavePride
10/4/2010, 08:17 PM
For you perhaps, I've been working on forgetting Hail to the Victors for the better part of the last 15 years (the time I've lived in Michigan)

Ugh. My high school used that as our fight song.

SoFla Sooner
10/4/2010, 08:26 PM
First time I heard of Key Shaking was at Baylor. I was there for a game when I was dating a Baylor girl. That was way back in my 80's college days.
Don't know if it originated at BU, but it certainly didn't originate at oSu, not surprisingly. All things oSu are small time.

SoFla Sooner
10/4/2010, 08:28 PM
i'll be honest...boomer sooner grates on me after a while...

One of my favorite things to hear from opposing teams' fans is how much they HATE Boomer Sooner. That's sort of the point.

So if it grates on you, you might have to turn in your fan card.

Just Sayin'. :)

prrriiide
10/4/2010, 08:53 PM
- The Ride Ride Ride song that nobody knows the words to

Jump...jump...jump...jump...jump up aggy...and kiss my ***...

Sooner70
10/5/2010, 06:36 AM
Texas fans talk about OU stealing the Melody of Boomer Sooner from somewhere else (Boola Boola-Yale or one of those Ivy League Schools?). May be true, but Sooners made it famous.

Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?.......

.........doesn't the Longhorn Fight Song sound vaguely like "I've Been Working on the Railroad"....all the live long day. Maybe that's what Muschump & his defense needs to start doing.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 06:45 AM
I wish we were as cool as them. Then instead of Boomer Sooner, 7 national championships, countless BCS and other bowls, 4 100 win coaches, and the greatest program in the history of college football we could have...nothing.

MeMyself&Me
10/5/2010, 07:11 AM
Ugh. My high school used that as our fight song.

Mine too. Actually, we didn't have a fight song at all until like my Junior year I think it was. Then a new band director came in and decided to give us one and the Meatchicken tune it became but with different words.

OKLA21FAN
10/5/2010, 07:36 AM
I wish we were as cool as them. Then instead of Boomer Sooner, 7 national championships, countless BCS and other bowls, 4 100 win coaches, and the greatest program in the history of college football we could have...nothing.

They have something......the greatest offense for a team on the rise in the world! :pop:

Lott's Bandana
10/5/2010, 07:45 AM
From the comments section of the original blog linked at OP:

Please excuse all the lame comments from the Longwhorn fans. They are still butthurt from being violated two weeks in a row.

SoonerBorn85
10/5/2010, 08:00 AM
osu has a fight song? really? verification please.

More of a sheep mating call.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 08:41 AM
They have something......the greatest offense for a team on the rise in the world! :pop:

Yep...

They rock my balls off!

soonerborn30
10/5/2010, 08:48 AM
OSU's fight song sounds like freakin circus music

Every time I hear their fight song, it sounds like a cartoon. And the big, dumb character is loping into the room.

badger
10/5/2010, 10:35 AM
TGIF returns! Remember when Troy embarrassed OSU on national TV and the momma-feedin-chicken column that sparked the Gundy tirade? [hairGel]

8 p.m. Friday on ESPN2! Witness as the world's most powerful offense combines with the world's worst haircut in the Sun Belt's most intimidating stadium! WITNESS as every Pokes hopes and dreams are shattered when they realize "Zero U" has no chance of losing this week! LAUGH OUT LOUD as the Pokes realize that their own team, their own ranked, undefeated (at home and nowhere else) must get tested on the road in front of a national audience... and fails.

:les: NO MORE PISTOLS FIRING! [hairGel]

Leroy Lizard
10/5/2010, 03:43 PM
So they do the key shaking inside and outside the men's restrooms?

soonerbrat
10/6/2010, 08:57 AM
But......I understand, the aggies have no idea what it means either cause they are shaking those keys when the walk into the stadium.

and they do it for all the kickoffs