PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls awarded after UTerus???

TheHumanAlphabet
10/4/2010, 09:25 AM
Searched and didn't find anything in the news or here. Who got game balls Saturday?

TIA.

deweydw
10/4/2010, 09:58 AM
Stoops gave the game ball to the o-line.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101004_92_B6_CUTLIN276297

OU notebook: Murray making history

MOVING UP
Jeremy Beal: OU defensive end in second place on Sooners' all-time sack list after Saturday's game.
By GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
Published: 10/4/2010 2:20 AM
Last Modified: 10/4/2010 5:26 AM

DeMarco Murray's 115 rushing yards against Texas Saturday gave him 3,022 for his career. That makes him the ninth player in Oklahoma history to eclipse 3,000.

Murray needs 101 yards against Iowa State in OU's next game against Iowa State Oct. 16 to pass Greg Pruitt on the school's career rushing chart. He needs 177 yards to pass Stanley Wilson and move into seventh.

Murray scored two touchdowns in Saturday's 28-20 victory, giving him 55 for his career. The only Sooner ahead of him on the all-time list is Steve Owens with 57.

Murray passed Billy Sims, Tim Lashar and R.D. Lashar on OU's all-time points list Saturday. He has 330, second to Owens' 342.

What a rush: Murray wasn't the only Sooner to make his final OU-Texas game one to remember. Defensive end Jeremy Beal came up with two sacks to move into second place on the Sooners' all-time list. He has 26.5, second only to Cedric Jones' 31.5.

Beal sped around Texas right tackle Britt Mitchell and dropped Garrett Gilbert to end a drive in the second quarter. Early in the third, Mitchell was caught holding Beal to nullify Gilbert's long pass to James Kirkendoll.

Later in the third, Gilbert tried to avoid blitzing linebacker Travis Lewis, only to wind up in Beal's grasp. That forced a Texas punt deep in its own territory. The Sooners took over on their 46 and drove to what proved to be the game-deciding TD.

Stills, Miller step up: It figured that Texas wouldn't let OU wide receiver Ryan Broyles be the difference in Saturday's game. Extra attention helped hold Broyles to five catches and 36 yards, snapping his national-best streak of 100-yard games at seven.

Someone needed to step up and help quarterback Landry Jones. Kenny Stills and Dejuan Miller did just that.

Stills set career highs with five catches and 78 yards while scoring his first collegiate touchdown to give OU a quick 14-0 lead. Miller chipped in five catches for 61 yards before leaving the game in the third quarter with a sprained ankle.

"We knew that (Will) Muschamp and his staff was going to key on Ryan," Miller said. "Me and Kenny just figured if they're going to play man-to-man against us outside, we're going to have to go out and get it."

Block party: The Sooners rotated their usual three tackles and three guards around center Ben Habern Saturday. The offensive line helped Murray to his big day and kept Jones clean during a first half that saw him throw for 158 yards.

Coach Bob Stoops rewarded the line with the first game balls in the victorious locker room.

badger
10/4/2010, 10:31 AM
They BETTER have let Jimmy Effing Winchester keep the ball he stole from Texas :mad:

http://images.chron.com/photos/2010/10/02/23519641/600xPopupGallery.jpg

Actually, if I were him, I never would have let go of it. :D

fwsooner22
10/4/2010, 11:02 AM
I love the ** fan in the background who is leaving

Soonermagik
10/4/2010, 12:25 PM
My game balls go to:

1) Aaron Williams
2) Muschump
3) Greg Davis

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 12:55 PM
Personally, I'd give it to one Tony Jefferson and one DeMarco Murray. Murray for shutting up his "Murray's not very good" critics and making plays the way he always does, and Jefferson for upending the Tejas QB on third and goal. Plays of the game were Murray's two scores and TJ's stop.

OK2U
10/4/2010, 12:57 PM
Soonersports posted a great video of the players celebrating after the game:
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/01_sooner_football_notebook.html

humblesooner
10/4/2010, 01:20 PM
It is encouraging to know that landry knew what was coming and where the open players were going to be.
Up until this week, it seemed like he was locked on RB as either the first or second option. There were many plays on Saturday where LJ never even looked at Broyles.

stoopified
10/4/2010, 01:20 PM
I love the ** fan in the background who is leavingYou sure that ain't a coach? :)

TUSooner
10/4/2010, 03:22 PM
Murray was THE stud of that game. For his running and cathcing, but also for his smarts and hustle: He downed that long "onside" kick off, which was a free ball. btw; and he made sure tejas did not recover the fumble that almost made me soil my skivvies. :D