PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Jeffcoat Temper Tantrum in the 2nd Half

unbiasedtruth
10/4/2010, 03:04 AM
Did the announcers or TV show his temper tantrum on the sideline in the 2nd half, am thinking it was the 4th qtr.... took 2 Texas coaches to hold him back from the field and calm him down..... i was watching from across the field when it happened....

Sooner70
10/4/2010, 05:11 AM
Didn't OU have similar troubles with Wort during first coupla games? Seems like they've got him lined out though. Haven't heard anymore & he's playing solid>

I wonder of some of the Sooners playing against/around Jeffcoat got into his head. One wonders just how far the scouting goes on some of these players. No doubt he's a good player physically, but this venue is probably something like he's never experienced emotionally. My guess is coaches/players picked up on some of his emotional tendencies and capitalized on it. Could be they gave him enough rope to hang himself. There's probably other factors than good blocking, tackling & technique that plays into a game like this one.

It's probably better that Jeffcoat went to Texas. Mack will have more of a tendency to coddle him & put up with that stuff (although he seems to have improved on this), whereas Bob Stoops would sit his young A** on the bench and tell him to get hold himself or he's out. I think that's what happened to Wort. Stoops is not reluctant to show any player the door, no matter how good they are, if they can't get on board.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2010, 05:16 AM
If I was a coach I'd scout every single opponent for guys with anger issues and have my players needle his azz quietly every single play until the guy starts getting penalties and screwing up in general.

If anyone can find vid of this Jeffcoat thing I'd love to see it and laugh my butt off.

kbsooner
10/4/2010, 06:14 AM
it was probably @ the point when he realized he had chosen poorly.

XingTheRubicon
10/4/2010, 08:27 AM
When you realize that your next 4 bowl gifts went from this
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3826/flatscreentv.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/flatscreentv.jpg/)

to this...

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9633/tapedeck.jpg (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/tapedeck.jpg/)
you'd be pretty pissed too.

Soonermagik
10/4/2010, 08:39 AM
^^ No worries, he will just have ole Cedric help him get a tv. ;)

Mississippi Sooner
10/4/2010, 08:47 AM
Heh. I had a Technics cassette deck just like that, back in the day. I was pimpin'.

jumperstop
10/4/2010, 10:35 AM

Exactly what I was thinking when he was getting all upset. Woops, chose the losing school...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2010, 10:38 AM
that kid is going to be a beast though...3 and on to the NFL

badger
10/4/2010, 10:40 AM
Well, think about how the five-star recruits at USC must feel right now. They chose SC because they thought they were guaranteed to be a part of a winning national-title-contending program. Instead, they are part of an unranked, probation, non-bowl bound crappy program with an idiot as a coach.

While Texas is bowl-bound (knock knock), it just endured two straight losses. Five star recruits do not commit to programs like Texas expecting to lose to the likes of UCLA, and if Oklahoma was their second choice, they probably chose the program that they thought would be on the winning side of things of the two.

... so, SC and Texas are filled with five star recruits that are on unranked programs that endured embarrassing losses. Sucks to be them :D:D:D:D:D:D

Breadburner
10/4/2010, 11:01 AM
Is there anyone outside of USC that thinks Lame Kitten is a good coach....lol...

jumperstop
10/4/2010, 11:10 AM
Well, think about how the five-star recruits at USC must feel right now. They chose SC because they thought they were guaranteed to be a part of a winning national-title-contending program. Instead, they are part of an unranked, probation, non-bowl bound crappy program with an idiot as a coach.

While Texas is bowl-bound (knock knock), it just endured two straight losses. Five star recruits do not commit to programs like Texas expecting to lose to the likes of UCLA, and if Oklahoma was their second choice, they probably chose the program that they thought would be on the winning side of things of the two.

... so, SC and Texas are filled with five star recruits that are on unranked programs that endured embarrassing losses. Sucks to be them :D:D:D:D:D:D

At least SC has the probation excuse, what's texas'? :D

cvsooner
10/4/2010, 11:15 AM
But...we had five losses last season. I don't recall hearing any commits changing their minds. I'm not sure most college age athletes think that far ahead. Both Texas and USC will be back. Maybe not with the current coaches, but...

humblesooner
10/4/2010, 11:16 AM
Is there anyone outside of USC that thinks Lame Kitten is a good coach....lol...

Not even sure if SC is thinkng that right about now.
Depending on the buy-out, Hayden will probably let him stay until the bowl ban is over, then bring in the next guy.

texaspokieokie
10/4/2010, 11:20 AM

used to be some @ Tenn.

...sooner
10/4/2010, 12:06 PM
when he got that penalty for having 12 men on the field while we were kicking out extra pt i was sitting right behind him almost & alot of people were yelling things at him!

Leroy Lizard
10/4/2010, 12:19 PM
If I was a coach I'd scout every single opponent for guys with anger issues and have my players needle his azz quietly every single play until the guy starts getting penalties and screwing up in general.

Uhhhhh, no. Let's not get any angry letters from the NCAA, shall we?

soonerborn30
10/4/2010, 12:45 PM
You could screw up a wet dream

oupride
10/4/2010, 12:48 PM
They never showed what Jeffcoat did to deserve the penalty. I went back and watched it and it is just off camera.

Scott D
10/4/2010, 01:37 PM
They never showed what Jeffcoat did to deserve the penalty. I went back and watched it and it is just off camera.

took a shot at Murray well after the whistle I thought.

budbarrybob
10/4/2010, 01:44 PM
But...we had five losses last season. I don't recall hearing any commits changing their minds. I'm not sure most college age athletes think that far ahead. Both Texas and USC will be back. Maybe not with the current coaches, but...

Now don't go confusing the issue with logic and facts!

soonerborn30
10/4/2010, 02:39 PM

http://mattarmstrongblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/grailknight.jpg

THEE12NV
10/4/2010, 02:51 PM
took a shot at Murray well after the whistle I thought.

Murray and Stephenson were both blocking Jeffcoat. Jeffcoat retaliated against Murray while the play was still going and then Stephenson pushed Jeffcoat at the end of the play. Jeffcoat got the penalty because he then retaliated against Stephenson (just off camera) and Stephenson I'm sure gave an oscar worthy performance. It was great to see.

badger
10/4/2010, 03:02 PM
Coaches always tell players to NEVER retaliate, because the flag always goes to the last person to shove/punch/etc.

Leroy Lizard
10/4/2010, 03:13 PM
Coaches always tell players to NEVER retaliate, because the flag always goes to the last person to shove/punch/etc.

True in life too.

stoopified
10/4/2010, 03:29 PM
used to be some @ Tenn. :D
Fixed

Tear Down This Wall
10/4/2010, 05:16 PM
Stoops is not reluctant to show any player the door, no matter how good they are, if they can't get on board.

Tap the breaks a little here. Stoops didn't "show the door" to Brandon Everage after he was arrested with marijuna. Or, Rhett Bomar for any of his minors in possession brushes. Or, Dusty Dvoracek when he had his alcohol and assualt problem.

He let each one of those guy back. Everage after a mere one game suspension (season opener versus mighty North Texas), Bomar was given the reigns of the offense simply because Thompson had a rough first half in game one of the '05 season. And, they petitioned to get Dvoracek another season.

I'm sure there are other examples. Those are just off the top of my head.

Oh, yeah...Ryan Broyles and the stolen gasoline....