PDA

View Full Version : horn fans saying that they have a young team...

itsok
10/3/2010, 11:37 PM
and thats one of the reasons they lost. We played maybe even more true frosh yesterday...hopefully the streak its starting on our side for the next few years...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 11:42 PM
Heh. We have a young team too. Hopefully our young team will whip their young team for the next decade.

Boomer38Sooner
10/3/2010, 11:43 PM
Heh. We have a young team too. Hopefully our young team will whip their young team for the next decade.

Screw the next decade! FOREVER BABY!

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 11:51 PM
Screw the next decade! FOREVER BABY!

Touche.

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 11:52 PM
Lol i bet we will be alot better than them next year..and the year after..they're losing alot on oline(i think 3 starters) and our oline should keep improving and be a strength of the team next year hopefully

pappy
10/3/2010, 11:58 PM
yeah I was listening to espn radio out of dallas the day before ucla beat texas and Tre Newton (rb for texas) dad has a show on there and he was talking about how mack brown isn't talking about winning the conference or national title this year cause he knows he has a young team and that is why they were having troubles b/c they are playing several freshman and a couple of them are starters and then they brought up OU struggling but winning close games and talked about us like we are playing nothing but upper classmen. I was like we are playing as many or more true freshman then texas is and several redshirt freshman and sophomores. It was annoying.

And then a friend of mine who is a big OU fan. He is only 22 and can name from memory every starting running back in order per year since the 1950's It's ridiculous, but he is annoying to listen to during ou games cause if even 1 negative thing happens he starts talking about how we're gonna lose. Anyway he came into my room the other day talking about how if we don't beat texas this year, we won't for a few more years cause of how young texas is this year and how good they're going to be and I just looked at him like he's an idiot and said you do realize that OU is playing tons of freshman and sophomores this year too, right? and then it was like a light bulb went off in his mind and he realized how dumb his original thought was. He has probably been watching too much espn too.

itsok
10/3/2010, 11:58 PM
We also have some really great RB prospects coming up...

ousooners182
10/4/2010, 12:26 AM
QB - Landry
RB's- Brennan Clay, Roy Finch, Jonathon Miller, Calhoun, Brandon williams
WR's - Broyles hopefully next year, Stills, Trey Franks, Dejuan. Maybe Metoyer and Justin mccay getting some pt.
OL - We are extremely young on the O-line and this could possibly develop into the strength of the team the next couple years.
DT's- Overall young, losing Taylor? But the way we rotate our tackles we will be fine next year..actually i think better than this year. I think Noble is going to be a monster, Stacy Mcgee,Casey Walker, and hopefully JMAC fills into that role everyone is wanting him to. Our Tackles could be amazing in a couple years.
DE's - Losing beal but ronnell should fill into his spot next year, frank back, I really like grissom,David King will be solid, i no longer have any expectations for rj washington hopefully he can prove me wrong.
LB's - Probably will lose lewis, but wort and nelson both as freshman make me feel good.
CB's - Oh I love having flemming back next year but the future of Hurst and Mr. Colvin from Owasso...I think in 2 years when hurst is a senior and colvin is a jr. they should be lock down!!!
Safeties - Jefferson next year??

I really like how young we are and i really think we could win a few in a row against Texas.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2010, 12:30 AM
Young team and a coach that looked 93 years old after the game.

Collier11
10/4/2010, 12:33 AM
rumors that Muschamp might leave if Mack doesnt give him a solid plan for retirement, I hear that UGA may go after him if they get rid of Richt, Muschamp played at UGA

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 12:35 AM
QB - Landry
RB's- Brennan Clay, Roy Finch, Jonathon Miller, Calhoun, Brandon williams
WR's - Broyles hopefully next year, Stills, Trey Franks, Dejuan. Maybe Metoyer and Justin mccay getting some pt.
OL - We are extremely young on the O-line and this could possibly develop into the strength of the team the next couple years.
DT's- Overall young, losing Taylor? But the way we rotate our tackles we will be fine next year..actually i think better than this year. I think Noble is going to be a monster, Stacy Mcgee,Casey Walker, and hopefully JMAC fills into that role everyone is wanting him to. Our Tackles could be amazing in a couple years.
DE's - Losing beal but ronnell should fill into his spot next year, frank back, I really like grissom, i no longer have any expectations for rj washington hopefully he can prove me wrong.
LB's - Probably will lose lewis, but wort and nelson both as freshman make me feel good.
CB's - Oh I love having flemming back next year but the future of Hurst and Mr. Colvin from Owasso...I think in 2 years when hurst is a senior and colvin is a jr. they should be lock down!!!
Safeties - Jefferson next year??

I really like how young we are and i really think we could win a few in a row against Texas.

We will prolly see Proctor replace Jonathon, Javan Harris replace QCart. TJeff hopefully sticks to the "roy position" or nickle. Look for little marcus trice as well.

ousooners182
10/4/2010, 12:40 AM
We will prolly see Proctor replace Jonathon, Javan Harris replace QCart. TJeff hopefully sticks to the "roy position" or nickle. Look for little marcus trice as well.

totally forgot about proctor being back next year. and yeah harris has really surprised me making alot of good special teams plays.

Trice's height scares me but i love his tenacity.

But yeah i forgot were running this nickel all the time now so i do like jefferson where he is at so he can kinda run more freely and just wreck havoc ! :cool:

GKeeper316
10/4/2010, 12:40 AM
thats the great thing about being able to recruit nationally. if we want a guy from the state of texas and he picks * over us, we can now go out to southern cal and get more 5 star guys like stills and clay...

* can get some big talent, but they cant get what we have from where we get it.

ousooners182
10/4/2010, 12:42 AM
getting stills jefferson and clay from cali was huge.

all 3 of them are going to be stars for us.

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 12:56 AM
totally forgot about proctor being back next year. and yeah harris has really surprised me making alot of good special teams plays.

Trice's height scares me but i love his tenacity.

But yeah i forgot were running this nickel all the time now so i do like jefferson where he is at so he can kinda run more freely and just wreck havoc ! :cool:

yeah, it really is kinda ehhhhhh, but if he plays big.......i dont think it will mater much. They (coaches) say he can jump like no one else.

Blue
10/4/2010, 01:05 AM
This is the team that will go back to back. 2011 and 2012. If we get lucky this year look out.

ousooners182
10/4/2010, 01:11 AM
Im really excited for 11 and 12!

soonerinkaty
10/4/2010, 01:17 AM
Hell, I'm excited about this year.

gaylordfan1
10/4/2010, 01:18 AM
Im really excited for 11 and 12!

I'm excited with the current season.... :D

ousooners182
10/4/2010, 01:53 AM
yes that as well :)

usually i just take it week by week but since we have a bye coming up i figured i would look into the future just a little

but yeah...this year and the future seems to look very bright for our sooners!

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 01:59 AM
This year reminds me of the Bama team in 2008, OUr team in 2000 and a little bit of the 2007 Kansas team. IOW, they're winning... hard to argue with that, but people keep questioning how good they are and how good their opposition has been. As it's playing out, we're finding out AFA and FSU ain't too bad at a combined 8-2, and there's still time for USU and Cincy to become bowl-worthy teams as well. Any win over Tejas is a good one... period.

As for the young'uns... Stills, Jefferson and Millard... wow, guys. The sky is certainly the limit there. NTM some of OUr veterans are guys like SOPHOMORE Landry Jones.

ousooners182
10/4/2010, 02:26 AM
This year reminds me of the Bama team in 2008, OUr team in 2000 and a little bit of the 2007 Kansas team. IOW, they're winning... hard to argue with that, but people keep questioning how good they are and how good their opposition has been. As it's playing out, we're finding out AFA and FSU ain't too bad at a combined 8-2, and there's still time for USU and Cincy to become bowl-worthy teams as well. Any win over Tejas is a good one... period.

As for the young'uns... Stills, Jefferson and Millard... wow, guys. The sky is certainly the limit there. NTM some of OUr veterans are guys like SOPHOMORE Landry Jones.

2002 Ohio State comes to mind. Lets hope this can have a similar ending. Minus the Clarett fiasco.

itsok
10/4/2010, 09:14 AM
I think our lack of experience might be part of making the games close. Some people say that we are a couple of plays from losing a game here and there, but we are also a couple of plays from running away with the scores as well. The fact that we are winning makes you feel good about the players.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2010, 09:17 AM
winning...its better than the alternative

stoopified
10/4/2010, 09:20 AM
Screw the next decade! FOREVER BABY!Amen and amen.

NOVSooner
10/4/2010, 09:26 AM
winning...its better than the alternative

thank you! so many posters keep saying we win but barely or the games are too close. shoot, if we go 12-0, play in the MNC and barely win that, what's that make us? Nat'l champs! who cares how we win, just as long as we do it. At this point, will we have to have help in the polls? yes. but our job is to simply that, to do our job, win. let whatever happens, happen beyond that! and yes, the future is BRIGHT!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2010, 10:02 AM
Let's see. I'm only listing the players we saw much of..
Offense:
QB
OU- Jones, Sophomore
UT- Gilbert, (true) Sophomore

RB
OU- Murray, Senior; Madu, Senior; Clay, (true) Freshman
UT- Whittaker, Junior; Monore, Sophomore; Johnson, Junior.

WR
OU- Broyles, Junior; Stills, (true) Freshman; Kenney, Senior; Miller, Junior
UT- Davis, Freshman; Goodwin, Sophomore; Kirkendoll, Senior; Williams, Junior

TE
OU- Rat; Junior; Hanna, Junior
UT- Matthews; Sophomore

OL
OU-Stephenson, Junior; Ikard, Freshman; Habern, Sophomore; Lepak, Senior; Mensik, Senior
UT- Mitchell, Senior; Walters, Freshman; Snow, Junior; Huey, Senior; Hix, Senior

FB
OU- Millard, (true) Freshman
UT- Roberson, Sophomore

jumperstop
10/4/2010, 10:08 AM
Let's see. I'm only listing the players we saw much of..
Offense:
QB
OU- Jones, Sophomore
UT- Gilbert, (true) Sophomore

RB
OU- Murray, Senior; Madu, Senior; Clay, (true) Freshman
UT- Whittaker, Junior; Monore, Sophomore; Johnson, Junior.

WR
OU- Broyles, Junior; Stills, (true) Freshman; Kenney, Senior; Miller, Junior
UT- Davis, Freshman; Goodwin, Sophomore; Kirkendoll, Senior; Williams, Junior

TE
OU- Rat; Junior; Hanna, Junior
UT- Matthews; Sophomore

OL
OU-Stephenson, Junior; Ikard, Freshman; Habern, Sophomore; Lepak, Senior; Mensik, Senior
UT- Mitchell, Senior; Walters, Freshman; Snow, Junior; Huey, Senior; Hix, Senior

FB
OU- Millard, (true) Freshman
UT- Roberson, Sophomore

Seems about even to me. Our backfield is a little more experienced, but their offensize line has three seniors and a junior. You would figure if they were going to get some sort of run game going it would be behind an upperclass offensive line. I don't think all their problems stem from their youth though.

westbrooke
10/4/2010, 10:14 AM

BYU may be down this year, but USU still handled them in impressive fashion this week. Looks like they tanked against San Diego State last week, but they could be a nasty thorn in the side for Nevada and Boise State later this year.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2010, 10:20 AM
Seems about even to me. Our backfield is a little more experienced, but their offensize line has three seniors and a junior. You would figure if they were going to get some sort of run game going it would be behind an upperclass offensive line. I don't think all their problems stem from their youth though.

yes. Our WRs will be about even in experience next year, their RB corp as a whole will be a little more experienced next year, but our Oline will be much more experienced. Plus LJ will be starting for a 3rd year, Gilbert just his 2nd.

picasso
10/4/2010, 10:24 AM

Proctor won't see the field again on D.

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 11:47 AM
Proctor won't see the field again on D.

Why do you say that?