PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, locker room material.....

aero
10/3/2010, 08:57 PM
From espn college gameday final:

"After beating Texas 28-20, the Sooners seem to be the undefeated top team that is least likely to stay that way. Oklahoma nearly blew the game and has looked far from impressive in four of its five games this season. Games at Missouri on Oct. 23, at Texas A&M on Nov. 6, at Baylor on Nov. 20 and at Oklahoma State on Nov. 27 to close the season all pose potential stumbling blocks."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/gamedayFinal105/week-5

Dio
10/3/2010, 08:57 PM
Nobody believed in us in 2000 either.

C&CDean
10/3/2010, 08:58 PM
So, they've got Curly Bill writing for them now. Great.

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2010, 08:58 PM
Somebody please forward this one on to our boys. Thanks.

gaylordfan1
10/3/2010, 08:59 PM
They said that after Utah State about the following 4 games....

aero
10/3/2010, 09:00 PM

:D

Blue
10/3/2010, 09:03 PM
I think Ohio St looked like dog s-hit Sat and we all know how they do down the stretch. No soup for them.

Oregon? Pfft! They'll lose. No soup for you!

Boise, TCU? No.

I think we're in pretty good shape.

(Soup stands for BCS title game, btw)

Soonermagik
10/3/2010, 09:04 PM
They said that after Utah State about the following 4 games....

^^^ This.

Plus, it's easy to make those kind of predictions, because going undefeated is hard to do. If they miss on their prediction then they never own up to it, if it happens they claim to be geniuses. :rolleyes:

josh09
10/3/2010, 09:04 PM
I stopped listened to ESPN analysts for college football opinions back in about 2002.

85sooners
10/3/2010, 09:50 PM
:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2010, 09:53 PM
I predict that in every single remaining showdown of unbeatens, an unbeaten will be beat.

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 10:14 PM

"After beating Texas 28-20, the Sooners seem to be the undefeated top team that is least likely to stay that way. The Oklahoma offensive and defensive coordinators nearly blew the game and have looked predictable in four of their five games this season. Games at Missouri on Oct. 23, at Texas A&M on Nov. 6, at Baylor on Nov. 20 and at Oklahoma State on Nov. 27 to close the season all pose potential stumbling blocks for an assistant coaching staff that needs to be run out of town."

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 10:15 PM
Since we have a bye this week, I think there are other unbeaten teams more likely to be beaten before us.

goingoneight
10/3/2010, 10:25 PM
I kinda agree with the statement. The team is making all the necessary moves to win the games, but they're making them in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters only. Somebody can eventually get past OUr "Sooner Magic" and get the best of us if we don't stop sleepwalking. You can tell it's a young team in many areas because of how they showcase their ability and follow it up with critical minutes of vulnerability.

In short, we're good enough this year to win the games we couldn't eek out last year, but we're far from a National Championship-contending team yet. Defense has MUCH work to do and the offense needs to bring it for four quarters. Good to have a week off to get guys healthy and let them focus on these things.

C&CDean
10/3/2010, 10:32 PM
I kinda agree with the statement. The team is making all the necessary moves to win the games, but they're making them in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters only. Somebody can eventually get past OUr "Sooner Magic" and get the best of us if we don't stop sleepwalking. You can tell it's a young team in many areas because of how they showcase their ability and follow it up with critical minutes of vulnerability.

In short, we're good enough this year to win the games we couldn't eek out last year, but we're far from a National Championship-contending team yet. Defense has MUCH work to do and the offense needs to bring it for four quarters. Good to have a week off to get guys healthy and let them focus on these things.

Yeah boy, we suck. :rolleyes:

As long as we're something-and-0 then we're in the NC hunt.

Everybody knows we have only played 4 quarters once - against FSU. When these boys figure it out, Katy bar the door. Getting healthy and focusing on "these things" ain't got **** to do with it. Eventually, these guys are gonna go "WTF have we been doing in the 4th quarter? **** that." When that happens, watch out.

Blue
10/3/2010, 10:49 PM
No kidding. I don't understand posters like goingoneiight. It's a continual process of getting better and every game is a different animal. We should have learned by now that anything can happen. 2000 anyone? All the teams that were "supposed" to win?

Get your head out of your asses Soonerfans and enjoy this ride.

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 12:45 AM
Nobody believed in us in 2000 either.

Exactly.

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 01:07 AM

Everybody knows we have only played 4 quarters once - against FSU. When these boys figure it out, Katy bar the door. Getting healthy and focusing on "these things" ain't got **** to do with it. Eventually, these guys are gonna go "WTF have we been doing in the 4th quarter? **** that." When that happens, watch out.

I never said we weren't "in the hunt." Hell, OSU is "in the hunt" right now by that logic, which is solid. We're a pretty solid team, so don't mistake me for thinking "we suck." There's nowhere in any of my posts where I have said this team "sucks." I'm saying the same thing Stoops has said, we've been lucky so far and need to finish game better.

I agree that "WHEN" we figure out how to consistently bring it, we're gonna be scary good. Outside of the 60-yard TD run and the prayer Gilbert threw deep over Colvin, we made a great improvement over the Cincy game where we were constantly being gashed by routine plays like sweeps and zone-read plays.

No kidding. I don't understand posters like goingoneiight. It's a continual process of getting better and every game is a different animal. We should have learned by now that anything can happen. 2000 anyone? All the teams that were "supposed" to win?

Get your head out of your asses Soonerfans and enjoy this ride.

If you're looping me with the "fire everybody" crowd you don't know much about me. My head is quite level in regards to the Sooners. One thing has been a constant so far, so I was simply pointing out that something needs to be done (and what I didn't state originally is that I think eventually it will) about the late game collapses. We're a good team and it's been fun and really neat to see the improvement over a year ago where 4 out of these 5 teams probably beat us. I'm hoping the "when" starts with Iowa State. Beating Texas, being undefeated through Texas for the first time since 2004, winning OUr road game, seeing yet another ace QB in the Stoops era, all of that has been enjoyable.

Leroy Lizard
10/4/2010, 01:50 AM
Our fourth-quarter performance is a cause for concern. I mean, c'mon.

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 02:04 AM
It is... just like OUr kickoff coverage was a concern in 2008. It is what it is, though. Thankfully there's time to work on it and no blemishes in the W/L column so far. Getting Austin Box back in the mix can help if only for depth and giving guys a rest who have been workhorsed the first five weeks like Broyles, Nelson, Murray time to heal up, along with Miller, Taylor and those guys who have survived but probably need a break... it's good timing IMO.

hawaii 5-0
10/4/2010, 02:24 AM
I'm very pleased the Freshmen are getting some quality playing time. The experience gained will pay big dividends down the road.

5-0

swardboy
10/4/2010, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by goingoneight http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2974533#post2974533)

Originally posted by CC Dean:

You two said the same thing.