PDA

View Full Version : On-side kicks

Dan Thompson
10/3/2010, 06:53 PM
I thought the ball had to go 10 yards, BEFORE the kicking team could touch it.

Also, I didn't think the kicking team could prevent the receiver from catching the ball, the hallo effect.

What would happen if the kick went into the air and the receiver signalled a fair catch?

BoulderSooner79
10/3/2010, 07:07 PM
I've plenty of fair catches on kick-offs. But I don't think that applies once it has hit the ground.

Sooner Eclipse
10/3/2010, 07:07 PM
If the kicker kicks it properly, it should hit the ground just in front of the tee, then pop in to the air for the required 10 yds. If so, you cant fair catch a kick that already hit the ground. It does have to go 10 yds before the kicking team can touch it UNLESS the receiving team touches it within the 10 yds.

MeMyself&Me
10/3/2010, 07:09 PM
Boulder beat me to it. On side kicks are intentionally kicked into the ground first with the intent of it bouncing back up in the air.

You're right on the first line though... must go 10 yards before the kicking team can touch it UNLESS, the receiving team touches it first and then it doesn't matter.

Jacie
10/3/2010, 07:10 PM
If the kicker kicks it properly, it should hit the ground just in front of the tee, then pop in to the air for the required 10 yds. If so, you cant fair catch a kick that already hit the ground. It does have to go 10 yds before the kicking team can touch it UNLESS the receiving team touches it within the 10 yds.

Unless the teams are playing under West Coast rules, in which case, none of the above is valid . . .

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 07:27 PM
You don't even need a football.

swardboy
10/3/2010, 07:44 PM
You don't even need a football.

"DUCK"!!!

85sooners
10/3/2010, 08:39 PM
:mad: :mad: