PDA

View Full Version : Hey coaches... stop going into a shell

Soonermagik
10/3/2010, 02:53 PM
I finally figured out why this team is in so many close games. They get a nice lead and play soft zone coverage on D. This is the bend don't break theory. Then on Offense they run low risk plays.This allows other teams to get back in the game.

Air Force, Cincinnati & Texas were all down by double digit points. Then the coaches go conservative on O & D. I'm happy we won, but this style could come back to bite them.

Oh.. and TEXAS SUCKS!!!! BOOMER!!!:D

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 02:57 PM
I finally figured out why this team is in so many close games. They get a nice lead and play soft zone coverage on D. This is the bend don't break theory.

As long as it doesn't bend 100 yards...

Scott D
10/3/2010, 03:02 PM
Maybe the coaches have Shell cards and save 10 cents a gallon.

mightysooner
10/3/2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah I didn't understand why we weren't blitzing the hell out of a beleaguered young quarterback, leading a beleaguered offense that can't run or pass, missing it's primary receiver, playing in his first high pressure RRS, instead of sitting back in zone and letting him throw to whomever Wort was covering all day. I may or may not have thrown my hat a few times. I'm happy we eeked out the win though.

oumartin
10/3/2010, 03:12 PM
here's a thread I can get behind.

and then come back on! :D

ocsooner
10/3/2010, 03:28 PM
That's good information. I was going to have lunch with Bob later this week, and I wanted to be able to give him some good advice - because I know he is going to ask me.

hgarmorer
10/3/2010, 03:32 PM

Damn 10 cents really? Not a bad deal, I may get a card also

picasso
10/3/2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah I didn't understand why we weren't blitzing the hell out of a beleaguered young quarterback, leading a beleaguered offense that can't run or pass, missing it's primary receiver, playing in his first high pressure RRS, instead of sitting back in zone and letting him throw to whomever Wort was covering all day. I may or may not have thrown my hat a few times. I'm happy we eeked out the win though.

Guess you missed the part this season when we've gotten toasted on the blitz.

And if by going into a shell means not being able to run the ball in the 2nd half then yeah, you're right.

DarrellZero
10/3/2010, 03:37 PM

Ok that was funny. Spek.

OUmillenium
10/4/2010, 09:37 AM
I finally figured out why this team is in so many close games. They get a nice lead and play soft zone coverage on D. This is the bend don't break theory. Then on Offense they run low risk plays.This allows other teams to get back in the game.

Air Force, Cincinnati & Texas were all down by double digit points. Then the coaches go conservative on O & D. I'm happy we won, but this style could come back to bite them.

Oh.. and TEXAS SUCKS!!!! BOOMER!!!:D

Yes.

And I agree with the poster who wonders why we werent blitzing more.
1. GG is not a good qb.
2. GG is not mobile.
3. High pressure environment makes him worse
4. We had comfortable lead, could have forced more turnovers and blown the game wide open.

I think we saved the blitz till 6 min left in the game. Unbelievable.

I'll take the win but it appears we have the best atletes on the field but like to make them stand still on defense.