PDA

View Full Version : What we want/need to happen.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 02:42 PM
What we want/need to happen.

Obviously, have every team in front of us lose.

Step 1
Win out, and hope Nebraska is undefeated, or have 1 loss.

Alabama
Tough remaining games: @ South Carolina, @ LSU, Auburn. SEC Championship Game.
hard to see them lose, but would be great if they did drop a game.

Ohio State
Tough remaining games : @ Wisconsin, @ Iowa, Michigan.
I think they drop a road game.

Oregon
Tough remaining games: @ USC, @ Cal, @ Oregon State.

Boise State
hope for Nevada to lose. If not, hope for Nevada to beat Boise State. I think we jump them anyways.

TCU
not worried about them. we will jump.

Nebraska
we control

there you have it. Win and hope for a Ohio St loss, it's a pretty sure deal.

I even think we have a chance to jump an undefeated Oregon, if we beat an undefeated Nebraska.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/3/2010, 02:49 PM
While you only look at the tougher games on the schedule one of these teams will likely drop a WTF game.
Heck, we might drop a WTF game.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 02:52 PM
of course, this all assuming we go undefeated. Sentence 3.

a WTF game would be great. But i didn't feel like listing all the schedules :D

Jacie
10/3/2010, 02:57 PM
Those are just the undefeateds ahead of OU, all of which have to play one or more undefeated teams lower in the rankings than Oklahoma. Any of those teams, particularly Arizona, Auburn or LSU could move past the Sooners if they were to win convincingly over the teams mentioned.

Scott D
10/3/2010, 02:59 PM
I might have a better idea of the Pac-10 after this weekend.

silverwheels
10/3/2010, 02:59 PM
Given our propensity to not close games out well, I'm just worried about winning first. It's not even mid-October yet.

Scott D
10/3/2010, 03:00 PM
Those are just the undefeateds ahead of OU, all of which have to play one or more undefeated teams lower in the rankings than Oklahoma. Any of those teams, particularly Arizona, Auburn or LSU could move past the Sooners if they were to win convincingly over the teams mentioned.

out of the teams you mentioned, Auburn would be the most likely candidate. Mike loses to either the Ducks or Sun Devils. Leslie will lose his rabbit's foot at least twice this season.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/3/2010, 03:09 PM
so who has the hardest remaining schedule of the undefeated?

GKeeper316
10/3/2010, 03:12 PM
keep in mind, for the rest of bama's schedule, every team they play has 2 weeks to prepare. yes, they are the best team in college football, but i dont see them escaping that schedule without a loss. LSU probably.

Scott D
10/3/2010, 03:15 PM
so who has the hardest remaining schedule of the undefeated?

obviously (insert SEC team here).

Give ESPN 6 weeks and we'll hear about how the 2010 WAC conference is the most dominant conference in America.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 03:31 PM

Arizona, Auburn, LSU. zero of those teams will go undefeated... care to bet?

Scott D
10/3/2010, 03:32 PM
so jlew you don't believe in Jordan Jefferson and his 43 passing yards per game? :D

Collier11
10/3/2010, 03:41 PM
Arizona, Auburn, LSU. zero of those teams will go undefeated... care to bet?

I would highly doubt it although Zona and Auburn would have the best shot, LSU will end up with 3 losses.

BTW, I picked Auburn to beat Bama and go to the SEC title game in the preseason

Scott D
10/3/2010, 03:42 PM
I know Collier believes in Jordan Jefferson and his 43 passing yards per game.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 03:47 PM
Jordan Jefferson is a stud, say something different

Scott D
10/3/2010, 03:49 PM
Forty-Three Passing Yards Per Game.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 03:51 PM
fourty three amazing yards a game son

bent rider
10/3/2010, 03:55 PM
What we want/need to happen.

Obviously, have every team in front of us lose.

Step 1
Win out, and hope Nebraska is undefeated, or have 1 loss.

Alabama
Tough remaining games: @ South Carolina, @ LSU, Auburn. SEC Championship Game.
hard to see them lose, but would be great if they did drop a game.

Ohio State
Tough remaining games : @ Wisconsin, @ Iowa, Michigan.
I think they drop a road game.

Oregon
Tough remaining games: @ USC, @ Cal, @ Oregon State.

Boise State
hope for Nevada to lose. If not, hope for Nevada to beat Boise State. I think we jump them anyways.

TCU
not worried about them. we will jump.

Nebraska
we control

there you have it. Win and hope for a Ohio St loss, it's a pretty sure deal.

I even think we have a chance to jump an undefeated Oregon, if we beat an undefeated Nebraska.

The Sooners can just knock off those other teams in the playoffs, wait, nevermind.

fadada1
10/3/2010, 03:56 PM
we keep winning.
fsu keeps winning.
air force keeps winning.
smash a 0/1 loss poke state at home.
smash a 0 loss nebraska in the CCG.

Scott D
10/3/2010, 04:00 PM
*I* can pass for 43 yards a game in the SEC at 37. Hell, at 37 I'm a candidate for a starting position with BYU.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 04:03 PM
I really dont get why Lester sticks with him, he really is horrible. He is getting hammered again nationally for not having a clue offensively

silverwheels
10/3/2010, 04:04 PM
Not like LSU has anyone else who can play QB. I don't know if that's because they've recruited poorly at that position or because Crowton can't develop a QB to save his life. Maybe it's both.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 04:09 PM
Jefferson was a 4 star, Shepherd was a 5 star...must be horrible coaching or horrible recruiting, or both :D

JLEW1818
it would be nice for Oklahoma State to only have 2 losses when we play them.

Scott D
I like to think it's because Leslie can't find his Rashaun Woods. I wonder if Terrence Tolliver has regretted his decision to go get coached by Leslie.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 04:12 PM
and Reuben Randle

ouwasp
10/3/2010, 05:48 PM
Good thread. Interesting takes...

This season reminds me of 1984 for some reason. We were so close that year.

Sabanball
10/3/2010, 05:54 PM
Good thread. Interesting takes...

This season reminds me of 1984 for some reason. We were so close that year.

If you hadn't blown the Kansas game that year I think you guys would have deserved to play for the NC that season.

VA Sooner
10/3/2010, 06:41 PM
43 passing yards per game and has yet to throw for a touchdown this year.

Between the stud "I want to be like Jamarcus" QB and the clock mis-management by Les Miles, this team has no hope. Yesterday was a sickening loss by Tennessee, not an LSU win.

VA Sooner
10/3/2010, 06:42 PM
Jefferson was a 4 star, Shepherd was a 5 star...must be horrible coaching or horrible recruiting, or both :D

Poor coaching. They have the athletes with raw talent... can't coach 'em or don't know how.

ouwasp
10/3/2010, 09:00 PM
If you hadn't blown the Kansas game that year I think you guys would have deserved to play for the NC that season.

So true. Something else... if memory serves South Carolina was having one of those magical yrs, going into their last game unbeaten. There was talk of a matchup between them and the Sooners in the Orange Bowl. But, of all teams, Navy beat SC to knock them out of contention. <sigh> I just knew an OU throttling of that media darling would be enough to pass the other media darling, BYU.

In '84 OU had that rip-off tie with Texas, and a fluke loss to Kansas. This was back in the Big 8 days when KU would annually roll over for Neb, yet play like men possessed against OU. Never understood that...

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 11:31 PM
With miles clock management im not worried at all about lsu going undefeated...

and as was stated jeffersons prolofic passing numbers just wont get it done.
:)

rainiersooner
10/3/2010, 11:34 PM
keep in mind, for the rest of bama's schedule, every team they play has 2 weeks to prepare. yes, they are the best team in college football, but i dont see them escaping that schedule without a loss. LSU probably.

with two seconds left; despite Lester's best efforts to sabotage the W!?

rainiersooner
10/3/2010, 11:36 PM
Actually, what I want to happen is to get to play LSU in the championship. That would be awesome for so many reasons. Lol

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 11:44 PM
when i was heading back from dallas on the radio i was trying to find a sports station couldnt find one but found one on the am and it was some lsu football station and everyone was calling in and wanting miles gone..they seem to not have the love fest for him they once had.

silverwheels
10/4/2010, 12:11 AM
Actually, what I want to happen is to get to play LSU in the championship. That would be awesome for so many reasons. Lol

Not going to happen since the championship is not in New Orleans this year.

PDXsooner
10/4/2010, 12:12 AM
Don't forget Mike Stoops brings the Cats into Autzen...

BlownGP
10/4/2010, 12:25 AM
Poor coaching. They have the athletes with raw talent... can't coach 'em or don't know how.

very true. LSU would very well dominate with a good QB.
They have very players on both sides of the ball.

There's no way LSU will go undefeated, but I know for sure they will give bama fits before there O loses the game for them.. haha

Knippz
10/4/2010, 12:50 AM
What we need is for Bama to lose. Taking off the homer glasses, I'd way rather see tOSU than Bama. We are a good team, but I'm not on the great bandwagon just yet.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2010, 12:51 AM
when i was heading back from dallas on the radio i was trying to find a sports station couldnt find one but found one on the am and it was some lsu football station and everyone was calling in and wanting miles gone..they seem to not have the love fest for him they once had.

Good to hear we're not the only undefeated team with fans calling for coaches to get fired. :D

goingoneight
10/4/2010, 01:49 AM
We want DeMarco Murray to rush for 250 yards against Iowa State.

We want OUr DTs to start burying teams' interior offensive lines (guards, centers... duhrrrr).

We want LJ to light it up and OUr WRs to continue to grow.

We want to score 60 ppg from here on out.

We want Sam to win Rookie of the Year.

We want 6 point beer in Oklahoma.

We want Ryan Broyles to take a couple of punts back to the house.

We need to focus on BYE.

noobalicious
10/4/2010, 02:15 AM
I think if we take care of business, we might be in regardless of what the other teams do. Ohio St has the toughest road of the top teams at the moment.

Of course, that's a big assumption to make, that we'll run the table.

sooneron
10/4/2010, 08:24 AM

Whether you felt it was deserved or not, we did. We lost to UW and BYU got the title begrudgingly ala the voters. They didn't want to give to byu. The schooner got a penalty and we played flat.

sooneron
10/4/2010, 08:25 AM
And what we need or want to happen is for this team to mature and improve. That is all that we can hope for, at this point. We have a ways to go before engaging ourselves in title talk.

NOVSooner
10/4/2010, 09:36 AM

They haven't had a love fest for the sad hatter since all of saban's recruits left the program.....

Oldnslo
10/4/2010, 10:14 AM
I think LSU has the best shot at picking off Bama before the SEC title game. It's Bama's 2nd road game in a row. Bama then gets Georgia State before their Auburn game. Auburn has no chance.

Ohio State at Iowa looks like a wonderful chance for tOSU to eat one. Other than that, their schedule looks like smooth sailing. They don't play MSU this year.

And if we don't continue to improve, I fear that either of those teams would take our lunch money and give us a swirly outside of Norman.

KantoSooner
10/4/2010, 11:04 AM
REally? I see us losing to Bama if we played today (Yes, we'd have a chance, but anyone betting their own money would have to go with Bama).
But tOSU? I dont' see them as a very good team and will be stunned if they don't pick up a loss (to Iowa) or two. In my opinion, their offense would be utterly shutdown even by our D and we'd pretty much have our way with them when on offense. Can anybody explain to me why they are a good team? (not their ranking, that I can understand, but their strength.)

JLEW1818
10/4/2010, 01:11 PM
LSU will end up playing Bama good, like always. Lester will do something to make it be a blowout tho.

Scott D
10/4/2010, 01:27 PM
LSU will end up playing Bama good, like always. Lester will do something to make it be a blowout tho.

Will he still have Jordan Jefferson at QB?

btw, Jefferson had 30 yards passing this weekend.

LSUdeek
10/5/2010, 04:07 PM
Will he still have Jordan Jefferson at QB?

btw, Jefferson had 30 yards passing this weekend.

Hoping he gets relegated to the zone read and attempts less than 10 passes.

Kid just isn't mentally tough this year for whatever reason. Toliver dropped a first down slant that hit him right in the numbers and he was 1 for his next 7 after that. Started off the game 2 of 2.

Lee was 16/23 for 185 and an INT.

Scott D
10/5/2010, 05:12 PM
deek, I just like exaggerating his terrible passing numbers. It's odd to see the full blown regression to be honest. I think I was shocked when I heard that outside of the North Carolina game the guy hadn't thrown for 100 yards in a game all season....he's going to be turned into Donovan Woods at the rate he's going.

JLEW1818
10/10/2010, 09:14 AM
Well now that Bama is out of the way. I think it really comes down to Ohio State, Oregon, and Oklahoma. (if we win out).

Ohio State sucked on the road. They still play at Wisconsin and at Iowa.

Oregon' last game is at Oregon State. This game is always crazy. The only bad thing about wanting Oregon State to win, is it would actually help Boise.

We want to play an undefeated Nebraska in the big 12 championship game.

1 game at at time!