PDA

View Full Version : Stoops is in his bag; and looking like he just dont give a ****!!

adoniijahsooner
10/3/2010, 10:59 AM
Think about this from a real level....Dude brought in a badass recruiting class. He is 5-0 in what was realistically a rebuilding year, he had 4 players in the first round of the draft, and he just said to a reporter last night, "were back to Oklahoma football." He is really enjoys watching this team evolve...."That's what you want, to be criticized for winning."

I missed the 2000 season, because I was living in Tennesse at the time, and had to watch sec football pretty much every week. I am going to enjoy this season....it just feels different to me. I love the struggle, the young guys making big plays, the young guys making mistakes, and seeing sooner magic firsthand since the Switzer years. Some of you haters can sit and debate about how our team is inconsistent, but what do expect with all the freshman and sophmores on the field? Me. I am just going to enjoy the next 4 years of sooner football.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/3/2010, 11:02 AM
I am just going to enjoy the next 4 years of sooner football.

This.

These kids out there are babies and they're still jumping out of the gym. Imagine in two years.

DenverSooner751
10/3/2010, 11:06 AM
This.

These kids out there are babies and they're still jumping out of the gym. Imagine in two years.

Ditto.

stoopified
10/3/2010, 11:15 AM
These close games are gonna kill me,I'm too old for this shlt.

delhalew
10/3/2010, 11:16 AM
You can tell Stoops is completely comfortable with were this is heading. I love it.

tulsaoilerfan
10/3/2010, 11:30 AM
Could this past year be the best recruiting class Stoops has ever brought in?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/3/2010, 11:32 AM
Could this past year be the best recruiting class Stoops has ever brought in?

Up there with the Peterson/Bomar class and GK/Bradford/Gresh class

adoniijahsooner
10/3/2010, 11:34 AM
Up there with the Peterson/Bomar class and GK/Bradford/Gresh class

The Gresh class is tops right, but these young guys are producing right out of the womb, and some were suppose to play before injury (Grissom, Clay, and Finch). Im thinking this will be the best.

aero
10/3/2010, 11:35 AM
Really good to be winning while rebuilding. I'm liking that this team is having to struggle a bit with their mistakes and still finding the resolve to hold on for the win. And I think the competition they have done it against has not been pushovers. They are setting up to be contenders for the next few years. Going to be fun.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/3/2010, 11:38 AM
The Gresh class is tops right, but these young guys are producing right out of the womb, and some were suppose to play before injury (Grissom, Clay, and Finch). Im thinking this will be the best.

Jefferson is a monster. The Cali boys are legit. Stills is looking better as a true freshman than any WR in recent memory as a redshirt freshman. And he had his best game against Texas (of course, at the cost of Broyles being shut down). I think the jury is still out on Clay. He has a chance to be really good but he's obviously not even close to the 2-deep. Murray and Madu are (as they should be) leagues ahead of him. Finch was supposed to be better than Clay anyway.

oumartin
10/3/2010, 11:57 AM
clay looked goog up to the injury

TMcGee86
10/3/2010, 11:59 AM
I just keep thinking how awesome this team could be by the end of the year when Box comes back and the young guns start settling in to their roles.

We are really close to being a good team, we just have mental lapses that allow teams to hang around. Hopefully with Box back and the whole season under their belt, the D will be salty by the end of December and the O will be firing on all cylinders.

rainiersooner
10/3/2010, 12:25 PM
I agree about enjoying this season - my expectations were not that high to begin with, so I"m just enjoying watching the team play. There might be some sort of zen lesson in there....

mehip
10/3/2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah, this is a 'fun' season so far. I didn't expect our D to be terribly effective coming into the season them being so young. But man, that secondary is just about the best athletically and most mentally tough I've seen us field in a long time.

85sooners
10/3/2010, 05:09 PM
:pop:

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 05:18 PM
I see what you are saying but i wouldn't call this a rebuilding year. Granted we had injuries, but that ended up making last year the rebuilding year. We are young though. That's scary. Our team can win out and get to the NC, but it wasn't difficult to see that was possible before the season. It's the way the schedule lined up this year. The whole conference is fairly young.

VA Sooner
10/3/2010, 06:47 PM
Definitely enjoying this season. A bit of the close ones but then again... that's the stuff that good teams are made of. And Stoops is very comfortable with it all. What a statement, ".... get criticized for winning..."

The next few years are going to be great watching these kids really grow... so many freshmen on the field! Very impressive recruiting and coaching. Will only get better as the season continues.

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2010, 07:51 PM
I've been watching OU football a long time and I really don't know what to make yet of what I have seen this year except for one thing.. just win baby win. 5 and 0 boys and girls.. 5 and 0.