PDA

View Full Version : Senior OU Fans ask a Favor of the Sooners

Blues1
10/3/2010, 10:54 AM
We Love you -- We Love Being 5 and 0 - We Loved you for Beating texass -
We just want you to know it's OK to start putting away the rest of the teams on our schedule in the 3rd Quarter - Scores like 52 to 14 or 40 to zip won't hurt our feelings - Plus it just may keep us around for another season Like - 2011 or 2012 - Remember be Kind to us old Folks ~~~ :D

Have Fun & Keep Rockin'
Blues 1

stoopified
10/3/2010, 10:58 AM
We just want you to know it's OK to start putting away the rest of the teams on our schedule in the 3rd Quarter - Scores like 52 to 14 or 40 to zip won't hurt our feelings - Plus it just may keep us around for another season Like - 2011 or 2012 - Remember be Kind to us old Folks ~~~ :D

Have Fun & Keep Rockin'
Blues 1Cutting to the chase- basically -I'm too old for this SH!T !:D

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 11:00 AM

Have Fun & Keep Rockin'
Blues 1

Close games are far more entertaining. Who couldn't have been excited from that last game?

btb916
10/3/2010, 11:04 AM
Close games are far more entertaining. Who couldn't have been excited from that last game?

The first half was so much more entertaining for me than the second half. I would rather watch OU play really well and dominate than watch a nail-biter. If I'm watching FL v Bama, give me a last second field goal win. But not when I'm watching OU.

BoulderSooner79
10/3/2010, 11:37 AM

I have to agree on this one. However, I want the opponent to have to earn that excitement. And if they can't, then I can deal with the boredom.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/3/2010, 11:52 AM

I was a lot more excited during the 63-14 game. But that's just me.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/3/2010, 12:11 PM
I was goining to post a thread, but I will post here.

I blame WIlson for the close games that shouldn't be close. The play calling was attrocious. Why uptempo for a short period of time then abandon something that was blowing their doors off. We haven't had a killer instinct sine Mangino left, and that was copying what Leach left us.

Fire Wilson, or light a fire under him! I am tired of grabbing the jaws of defeat from the clutches or stampedes to victory.

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 12:17 PM

I blame WIlson for the close games that shouldn't be close. The play calling was attrocious. Why uptempo for a short period of time then abandon something that was blowing their doors off. We haven't had a killer instinct sine Mangino left, and that was copying what Leach left us.

Fire Wilson, or light a fire under him! I am tired of grabbing the jaws of defeat from the clutches or stampedes to victory.

We work under the illusion that we would have won by 30 if only the right plays were called. Shallow reasoning.

cvsooner
10/3/2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, exactly. That assumes the defense makes absolutely no adjustments at halftime and doesn't have better success at stopping what you're doing. Where we've slipped is in not having adjustments of our own to make.

I really can't fault the playcalling yesterday, although the fake field goal was a "what?" moment. Based on the quotes in media Wilson was trying to call timeout and there were headset problems so the message wasn't getting through.

Frankly, for the fake to really have some options, Kenney should be trying some of the longer field goal tries. I have a little more faith in him as a playmaker than O'Hara.

I'm also puzzled why Landry didn't call timeout on the infamous fumble near recovery. He said he wasn't sure about the play called...or was confused. Call the timeout, son....let the play clock run all the way down and then call time. No fumble, no problem.

I haven't doublechecked the stat but I think Landry has committed all our turnovers this season. He had three near misses yesterday: the shotgun snap that he dropped; the fumble that wasn't due to the penalty and the third one, where he did have the presence of mind and the ability to pretty much knock it out of bounds. I like him, but, man...Nate Hybl lives.

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 12:46 PM
I was a lot more excited during the 63-14 game. But that's just me.

If I had been more excited than yesterday I would EMT personnel administering CPR.

Seriously, you were more excited than yesterday? I thought I was going to pass out.

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 12:49 PM
I haven't doublechecked the stat but I think Landry has committed all our turnovers this season.

That is more of a testament to our WRs and RBs, who haven't coughed it up. Landry only has three INTs and maybe one fumble through five games? Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 12:58 PM
BTW, how do we rank in Turnover/Takeaway ratio? I think we have to be up there.

Joe
10/3/2010, 01:53 PM
If I had been more excited than yesterday I would EMT personnel administering CPR.

Seriously, you were more excited than yesterday? I thought I was going to pass out.

Nervous Excitement =/ fun for a lot of people when it comes to OU football. Not that hard to understand.

Flagstaffsooner
10/3/2010, 02:05 PM
AARP Barbie worries about ISU.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_GC4zlPbEl0o/SbMJhdE4bYI/AAAAAAAACqc/0oaYFftpF-Q/s400/new-barbie.jpg

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 02:35 PM
Nervous Excitement =/ fun for a lot of people when it comes to OU football. Not that hard to understand.

You must hate scary movies.

oudivesherpa
10/3/2010, 04:14 PM
Blues, I agree with you, with all the 4th Qtr drama I running out of my digitalis
(heart meds) but I'll just switch to Vigara--I may die but I'll die happy.

Scott D
10/3/2010, 04:21 PM
BTW, how do we rank in Turnover/Takeaway ratio? I think we have to be up there.

tied for 2nd in the Nation at +2.00 per game with Army and Oregon St.

Oregon is 1st with a +2.20 oer game

Oregon is +11, we are +10

Dan Thompson
10/3/2010, 04:44 PM
I like it best when we are in the point-a-minute mode, 80 yards 6 plays, right down the field. The FSt game comes to mind.

ouwasp
10/3/2010, 05:01 PM
I generally hate close games involving OU. For me, "entertainment" involves a huge amount of ***-kicking.. Sure, I understand, and even appreciate a close game now and then; builds a team's character and that other crap...

But every **** week?

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2010, 08:17 PM
Cutting to the chase- basically -I'm too old for this SH!T !:D

^^ This. Me too. LOL

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2010, 08:25 PM
I think a few of you guys don't know the difference between nervous and excited.

BoulderSooner79
10/3/2010, 08:34 PM
I think a few of you guys don't know the difference between nervous and excited.

That's because either one causes us to lose control of our bladders and bowels.

CatfishSooner
10/3/2010, 08:54 PM
That's because either one causes us to lose control of our bladders and bowels.

:eek: :D

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 11:38 PM

yeah whenever i play ncaa 2011 i always stay aggressive with the playcalling.. I often think i should take wilsons place as well. :rolleyes:

Joe
10/4/2010, 03:38 AM
You must hate scary movies.

Yeah actually I do.

My favorite game from a pure entertainment perspective was the 77-0 *** kicking of aTm.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/4/2010, 09:07 AM
Well place me in the I don't like Wilson's playcalling column. You guys that love him, good for you. I bet you liked Chuck (third and) Long as well. Unimaginative, esp. in the final stanzas of the game. If the Stoops and the players are mentioning that the games are closer than they need to be, then there is something to that opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be winning.

soonerborn30
10/4/2010, 09:15 AM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.

Oldnslo
10/4/2010, 10:05 AM
All that stuff I said about Wilson calling an outstanding game after FSU? You won't hear it from me this week. If we run DM up the gut on 1st down again I just might **** a tree. Leaves and all.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2010, 10:13 AM
All that stuff I said about Wilson calling an outstanding game after FSU? You won't hear it from me this week. If we run DM up the gut on 1st down again I just might **** a tree. Leaves and all.

Actually, KW did have an outstanding game plan which is why I am baffled that he shelved it at halftime. What happened to the old philosophy of "keep doing it until they prove they can stop it"?

cyclonesooner
10/4/2010, 10:28 AM
I would have to agree with Human Alphabet on not continuing the up tempo pace when we were kicking their butt with it. The 7th grade coaching gaffe that I couldn't believe was not putting any receiver back deep on Texas's last kickoff. Come on man !

OUmillenium
10/4/2010, 11:49 AM
Actually, KW did have an outstanding game plan which is why I am baffled that he shelved it at halftime. What happened to the old philosophy of "keep doing it until they prove they can stop it"?

Yes. The first 2 series of the game were marvelous. Do you think the brakes are being applied by Stoops?

birddog
10/4/2010, 08:09 PM

we're talkin about life or death here, leonard. some people REALLY like to support their team and it could be detrimental to their health (ie all SOONER fans). :D

TheUnnamedSooner
10/5/2010, 01:29 PM

Nervousness does not equal excitement in my book. In 2000 I was much more excited during the game with all the scores and dejected whorns.

mhackl
10/5/2010, 01:45 PM
"nervous/excited" doesn't move a team up in the BCS polls. Dominance does!!!

Leroy Lizard
10/5/2010, 05:05 PM
If you blow a team out then everyone says they must have been overrated so the game doesn't count.

Check out Horn logic following our win against Tech two years ago.

ousooners182
10/5/2010, 05:42 PM
If you blow a team out then everyone says they must have been overrated so the game doesn't count.

Check out Horn logic following our win against Tech two years ago.

lol exactly

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/5/2010, 07:10 PM
The first half was so much more entertaining for me than the second half. I would rather watch OU play really well and dominate than watch a nail-biter. If I'm watching FL v Bama, give me a last second field goal win. But not when I'm watching OU.

^this

swardboy
10/5/2010, 07:51 PM
Switzer spoiled us old farts in the mid-70's....it was "hang half a hundred" almost all the time.