PDA

View Full Version : Was it just me?

olevetonahill
10/3/2010, 10:37 AM
Or was the Game pretty decently Reffed?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/3/2010, 10:37 AM
Texas played some pretty stupid football.

adoniijahsooner
10/3/2010, 10:38 AM
It was reffed pretty fair to me.

olevetonahill
10/3/2010, 10:39 AM
It was reffed pretty fair to me.

What im thinkin bro . I dont remember any really Bad calls either way

stoopified
10/3/2010, 10:45 AM
OU DIDN'T GET THE SHAFT BY THE REFS FOR A CHANGE but APPARENTLY THIS CREW WAS ADVERSE TO CALLING HOLDING PENALTIES.Beal was held at least a dozen times and only two were called.

OUHOMER
10/3/2010, 10:45 AM
seemed fair to me, they made stupid mistakes, we made some. refs called it both ways.

DenverSooner751
10/3/2010, 10:47 AM
I saw some holding non-calls that should've been called but that was happening on both sides of the ball. Beyond that I thought they were fairly equitable in most everything.

btb916
10/3/2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, the only call I scratched my head at was the double personal foul. I thought we really lucked out on that one. I also don't recall ABC ever showing a replay of the illegal shift on Broyles' TD, so I don't know if that was a good call or not. But I bet it was.

DenverSooner751
10/3/2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, the only call I scratched my head at was the double personal foul. I thought we really lucked out on that one. I also don't recall ABC ever showing a replay of the illegal shift on Broyles' TD, so I don't know if that was a good call or not. But I bet it was.

Agreed.

oumartin
10/3/2010, 10:55 AM
what about their fourth down spot and their third down spot that kept drives alive?

I dent see them but following the thread yesterday those seemed like pretty obvious texas homer spots. Austin insurance salesman the linesman?

DenverSooner751
10/3/2010, 10:58 AM
what about their fourth down spot and their third down spot that kept drives alive?

I dent see them but following the thread yesterday those seemed like pretty obvious texas homer spots. Austin insurance salesman the linesman?

The 4th down spot didn't seem to be too disagreeable to me. Didn't like it, but couldn't see enough that would soundly suggest the contrary either.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/3/2010, 11:02 AM

the 4th down spot was right.

the 3rd down spot from their 10 on the other hand... i think the ref got confused because of the where the ball was on the field. it would have been a first down IF the drive had started with a touchback and the line they were reaching was the 30. he looked down and saw that it was touching the 20 and motioned for a first down. no other member of the crew realized that the ball was past the 10 and he was standing on the 20.

texaspokieokie
10/3/2010, 11:05 AM
Or was the Game pretty decently Reffed?

i was pleased; but i bet a bunch of tejas fans were unhappy about several calls.

BoulderSooner79
10/3/2010, 11:23 AM
i was pleased; but i bet a bunch of tejas fans were unhappy about several calls.

^This. I was amazed at the off-setting personal foul call. I didn't think there was anything there to call at all, but sometime the refs will do the double thing as a warning to knock it off. But since it was near the UT bench, I would have bet my good nut they would have gotten that call. If our guy would have driven their guy to the ground or into the bench area, I would have flagged it. The only reason their guy went down was because he did it on purpose and was trying to pull our guy on top of him (he was hanging onto his helmet). The ref saw it all and didn't bite.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 11:26 AM
One thing I was confused on:

One one of our first few drives, Texas was flagged for defensive holding on a 3rd and 6. The result of the penalty was a 3rd and 1. Used to be defensive holding was an automatic first down. I haven't been keeping up with rule changes-is this no longer the case?

adoniijahsooner
10/3/2010, 11:28 AM
One thing I was confused on:

One one of our first few drives, Texas was flagged for defensive holding on a 3rd and 6. The result of the penalty was a 3rd and 1. Used to be defensive holding was an automatic first down. I haven't been keeping up with rule changes-is this no longer the case?

I guess it changed.

tulsaoilerfan
10/3/2010, 11:32 AM
No i thought it was actually in our favor for the first time in years

sooner59
10/3/2010, 11:36 AM

We did luck out on that play, but only because what the texas player did at the very end. Our guy was driving his toward the sidelines while they were blowing the whistle. He kept driving so the flag was coming at that point. Then when he finally let off of him, the texas guy tried to grab him and throw him to the ground in the direction his momentum was carrying him. Just another case of the whorns bailing us out yesterday.

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 11:40 AM
They're really starting to cry about the reffing on Orangebloods. Hornfans... not so much. Any other Horn forums out there?

landrun
10/3/2010, 02:04 PM
That game was called well. So much so that I might have to change my opinion of Tejas officials. It almost makes me think the officials are normally just genuinely incompetent, rather than just plain corrupt. :D

Oregon officials on the other hand will always be blatantly corrupt because I don't think it is humanly possible to be that incompetent. :P

oupride
10/3/2010, 02:37 PM
I am glad u asked. I still don't think TX made a first down on that fake punt.

sooner59
10/3/2010, 03:34 PM
I am glad u asked. I still don't think TX made a first down on that fake punt.

It was dicey to say the least. Bad thing was, before the snape, I was screaming fake from 20 yards away and 10 rows up. I should have stole the megaphone from the cheerleaders so our D could here me. :(

When you are near midfield, 4th and 4, big game, trying to make a comeback, and at a time the game where a big play is not life-or-death, then that is the perfect time to call the fake. How in the hell does our special teams not see that coming?

Wishboned
10/3/2010, 03:45 PM
Probably the best ref'd OU/Texas game I've seen since the 65-13 blowout.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 03:47 PM
Texas played some pretty stupid football.

It was like we passed our stupid torch to texas. We played about as stupid in Cincy. Yeah, those penalties killed 'em. They damned near killed us, last week.

TXBOOMER
10/3/2010, 03:54 PM
texass got away with several holding penalties as well as lining up in the neutral zone several times. True enough several of them were called but they need to break those cheating bass turds of their habits and call them every time. F texass...BOOMER SOONER!

bent rider
10/3/2010, 03:58 PM
That game was called well. So much so that I might have to change my opinion of Tejas officials. It almost makes me think the officials are normally just genuinely incompetent, rather than just plain corrupt. :D

Or equal graft was handed out by the Sooner and Longhorn faithful.

goingoneight
10/3/2010, 06:58 PM
Texas roughed OUr kicker on the fake field goal attempt. :D

Salt City Sooner
10/3/2010, 08:42 PM
FWIW, this was the same crew that officiated our last win in Dallas back in '07.

Dio
10/3/2010, 09:02 PM
DeLoss is going to order Beebe to fire this crew first thing tomorrow

oudavid1
10/4/2010, 12:49 AM
DeLoss is going to order Beebe to fire this crew first thing tomorrow

doubtful, that was Tom Walker, the lead Big 12 official. Best ref in the conference.