PDA

View Full Version : Had that deja vu feeling . . .

Jacie
10/3/2010, 09:50 AM
. . . with 12:54 remaining. At that point, OU was up by 18 and it should have been enough.

Then I remembered a game where the Sooners were down by 17 points with 13 minutes to play. Scoring two touchdowns, a conversion kick, a two-point conversion and a field goal, Oklahoma rallied to score 18 and won that game.

Surely the whorns couldn't do that to OU, not today. The Sooner defense was gashed but only gave up 3 points in the third quarter and the offense had scored a touchdown in the fourth (FTR, Sooners have scored a total of 17 fourth quarter points in 5 games, and that's including yesterday).

They hit a pass to Johnson and scored to cut it to 11. But I thought the offense would drive downfield, use up some clock, even score again. Instead, the whorn defense held and they got the ball back with almost 7 minutes on the clock. A 44-yard pass set em up a first-and-goal to go and I was reliving that game from over 25 years ago only this time it was OUr team giving up the big lead and thinking, "No! No!"

Then something miraculous happened. The Sooner defense kept em out of the endzone. Forcing sa*et to kick the field goal instead of getting a touchdown, that was enough, even after Landry almost fumbled away the tying touchdown. It was enough.

If being drained of energy and emotion is good for the body, then after the first five games this season, every Sooner should be a picture of perfect health. What a ride 2010 has been so far.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 09:52 AM
look at it this way.

OU scored 21 first half points
horns scored 20 total points

games was statically over at half time.