PDA

View Full Version : OU fans win with class

jkjsooner
10/3/2010, 09:47 AM
After being in the Cotton Bowl for six losses, I finally was able to see a Sooner win over UT. I expected to see horns harassed as they left the Stadium. After all over the years I've experienced constant harassment by horns, even having the horn sign shoved two inches from my face while being screamed at with "OU sucks."

To my surprise yesterday all I saw was happy OU fans mingling with UT fans. I wasn't everywhere in the fair but from my experience we treated horns with much more class than we get in return.

Flagstaffsooner
10/3/2010, 09:52 AM
We are so better than they are. Less inbreeding.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 09:53 AM
what years were you in the cotton bowl for six losses ?

olevetonahill
10/3/2010, 09:55 AM
what years were you in the cotton bowl for six losses ?

what i were trying to figure out :confused:

OUHOMER
10/3/2010, 09:56 AM
I have seen it both ways, But the Sooners seem to always act like, been there done that, beating the horns just another win, as it should be.

even tho it is a notch above when we win!

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 10:00 AM
The use of the word "class" is very Horn.

olevetonahill
10/3/2010, 10:02 AM
The use of the word "class" is very Horn.

Limptard, When yer not on SF.Com do you stand in front of a mirror and argue with yerself ?

badger
10/3/2010, 11:36 AM
To my surprise yesterday all I saw was happy OU fans mingling with UT fans.

I think they know that it's not their year... I think they knew that after last week. I hate to say it, but I think a lot of Sooners know it's not our year either, but it's always fun to win :)

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 11:43 AM
Limptard, When yer not on SF.Com do you stand in front of a mirror and argue with yerself ?

Not as much as you try to argue with me.

olevetonahill
10/3/2010, 11:48 AM
Not as much as you try to argue with me.

hell I usually just ignore yer ignorant azz.:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 12:13 PM
hell I usually just ignore yer ignorant azz.:rolleyes:

No, not really. In fact, you are quite the obsessed. Even beyond StoopTroup level.

Piware
10/3/2010, 01:26 PM

Heh! That Ignore list has very helpful to me with regards to "Liz".

sooner59
10/3/2010, 01:31 PM
Same experience here. I never once saw an OU fan really say anything to any whorn fan as I was leaving. Sooner fans were just happy and cordial.

agoo758
10/3/2010, 01:32 PM
No, not really. In fact, you are quite the obsessed. Even beyond StoopTroup level.

I'd leave stooptroup out of this, he'll just throw another tamper tantrum and give red to all your comments. :rolleyes:

soonersponge
10/3/2010, 02:19 PM
There normally is a ton of smack talk even if OU wins, but after that 4th quarter, I think everyone was speechless aftwerwards!

Leroy Lizard
10/3/2010, 02:23 PM
Even Mack mentioned this. What did they put in the water?

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 04:21 PM
This rivalry has been getting tamer and tamer since Mack and Bob arrived. In the 80's and nineties it was UGLY. texas is still obnoxious, but less than in past eras. Maybe this will be more like the Nebraska/OU rivalry... very respectful, bad *** programs.

sooner59
10/3/2010, 05:25 PM
God I hope not. I love hating the whorns.

jkjsooner
10/3/2010, 05:37 PM
89-92 97? 99

proudsoonergal
10/3/2010, 05:42 PM
This rivalry has been getting tamer and tamer since Mack and Bob arrived. In the 80's and nineties it was UGLY. texas is still obnoxious, but less than in past eras. Maybe this will be more like the Nebraska/OU rivalry... very respectful, bad *** programs.

Not completely. Since I live in Austin, I have several horn fans as FB friends. Several were pretty poor losers yesterday based on their FB posts.

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2010, 08:04 PM
Back in '86 and '87 there simply weren't enough * fans left after the game to make fun of in the Cotton Bowl and by the time I got out to the state fair they wouldn't even look you in the eye. In '88 they stayed until the end but once again wouldn't look you in the eye. In '89 they came from behind and beat us and those I saw after the game were happy to win but not mouthy about it. Those have been my only OU/* experiences.

47straight
10/3/2010, 08:59 PM
Not completely. Since I live in Austin, I have several horn fans as FB friends. Several were pretty poor losers yesterday based on their FB posts.

All the * fans I know have kept their mouths shut on facebook, even the really obnoxious ones who were posting at "It's 1:10 am and OU still sucks!" from a bar when their wives had a baby three weeks ago.

But then again, silence was all I really want anyways, so I'm pretty happy about that.

SoonerBacker
10/3/2010, 09:17 PM
It's kind of strange, but my experience has been that the * fans are a lot more obnoxious after we thrash them than after a close game that we win. After both 63-14 and 65-13, I was followed all the way to my car by some jackassed * fan running his mouth. Every time we win a close game, they just keep their mouths shut or comment on what a good game it was.

SoFla Sooner
10/3/2010, 10:38 PM
Texas fans are notoriously pathetic losers. It is ironic since they spend most of the time bragging about their superiority in every possible way the remainder of the year in the size of their state, school, and, well, you know.....They do have an active imagination, those people. Thus, they don't do well when reality comes knocking!

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 10:49 PM
I agree with the whole class thing..I was drunk and walking around the state fair throwing horns down to everyone wearing texas before the game and everyone was just like "HAHAH ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME" or a jokingly
"OU SUCKS". For my first ou texas game i was expecting a huge hatefest but it seemed everywhere i was texas and ou fans where just eating corndogs together, watching free puppet shows at the state fair, or something weird off of those lines.
After the game it was the same way just everyone loving everyone :(
I was walking out screaming texas sucks though.
I agree sometimes people get a little crazy (the ou guy ripping the texas fans nuts off at henry hudsons a couple years ago, forgive the language), but it seemed like everyone was just waaaaaaaay to friendly with each other down there.

But yes I do like winning and showing class, but I can just only imagine how annoying and obnoxious longhorn fans would have been had they won..

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2010, 10:58 PM
Most whorns acted nice because they KNEW they were gonna lose. If they had thought they had a chance they woulda been their usual dooshy selves, I'm sure.

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 11:41 PM
Most whorns acted nice because they KNEW they were gonna lose. If they had thought they had a chance they woulda been their usual dooshy selves, I'm sure.

exactly what i was thinking before the game.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 11:49 PM

Do tell. I lived in DFW for 10 years and have a ton of friends that are texas fans. I haven't heard a peep. What'd they say? Lot's of "yeah, but" or "If we had just" or "If you hadn't" or "You cheated"?

Sooner70
10/4/2010, 05:39 AM
If my Longhorn neighbor is typical, I think they expected to lose more than they did. The UCLA debacle has rent their psyche and exposed Texas for what they really are this year. Actually, I think part of the reason they're so amicable this year is they really expected OU to pound them like UCLA did, and it didn't happen. Actually, they had a chance a the end to tie it up, but no soap. The best team definitely won this year, which can't be said in past history. That is one weird game sometimes, though.

DrZaius
10/4/2010, 05:54 AM
The games that I went to in the 80's I was very 'in their face' when we won. I loved every minute of it as well. Sorry Fexas

:D :D :D

birddog
10/4/2010, 07:17 AM
I'd leave stooptroup out of this, he'll just throw another tamper tantrum and give red to all your comments. :rolleyes:

<belch>

MamaMia
10/4/2010, 08:26 AM
We stayed at the fair for about 2 or 3 hours after the game and I only heard 2 "Texas sucks" yells. When they win its "OU sucks" all night long. :rolleyes:

Its my opinion that when the game is over, lets let the kids, both Sooner and horn kids, enjoy the fair without the smack.

I had enough post game smack from the LSU fans at the Sugar Bowl to last me a life time. :rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
10/4/2010, 08:52 AM
ousooners182
"i was walking out screaming texas sucks though"
OU fans winning with class ???