PDA

View Full Version : **** ESPN

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2010, 11:21 PM
But after five weeks of the 2010 college football season, Oklahoma doesn't look like a team that's good enough to compete for a BCS national championship.
The Sooners struggled to beat Utah State 31-24 at home in their Sept. 4 opener before blowing out Florida State 47-17 at home the next week. After hanging on for a 27-24 victory over Air Force at home Sept. 18, the Sooners defeated Cincinnati 31-29 on the road last week.

They don't believe

yankee
10/2/2010, 11:23 PM
i know this sounds crazy, but i hope we lose a game somewhere between now and the big 12 championship game...i do NOT want to see us play bama. let boise, ohio state, or oregon have at 'em...

agoo758
10/2/2010, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. ESPN is still saying that we wouldn't be the 2000 National Champions if we played Miami.

Piware
10/2/2010, 11:31 PM
I quit paying attention to them years ago. They always have their head so far up the a$$ of the Big 10 or USC it's ridiculous. They are curiously silent about USC this year?!?

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2010, 11:38 PM
i know this sounds crazy, but i hope we lose a game somewhere between now and the big 12 championship game...i do NOT want to see us play bama. let boise, ohio state, or oregon have at 'em...

It would be a-ok if we compete for the national title as a big underdog. If we are favored... well, I'll still take it.

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:39 PM

Booooo. Anything can happen, brother. :D

Okie35
10/3/2010, 12:39 AM

We'd still play in the Fiesta even if we didn't lose. If Oregon or Ohio State stays undefeated they will stay ahead in the polls. There will be no way we jump them especially w/ close wins and considering those 2 teams will play more ranked opponents than us the rest of the way.

yankee
10/3/2010, 12:49 AM
Booooo. Anything can happen, brother. :D

you're right...i'll just take my pessimism elsewhere. :)

tuck fexas!!

We'd still play in the Fiesta even if we didn't lose. If Oregon or Ohio State stays undefeated they will stay ahead in the polls. There will be no way we jump them especially w/ close wins and considering those 2 teams will play more ranked opponents than us the rest of the way.

good point...didn't think of that.

Eielson
10/3/2010, 12:54 AM

If we're gonna lose, we might as well lose in the NC game. That was truly a statement of the mediocre.

OK2U
10/3/2010, 03:04 AM
BEST STOOPS QUOTE EVER!!!
ESPN

Only minutes after Oklahoma beat defending Big 12 champion Texas 28-20 in the Red River Rivalry game, Sooners coach Bob Stoops was asked about the myriad ways his team nearly lost to the Longhorns at the Cotton Bowl on Saturday.

"That's what you want -- to be criticized for winning," said Stoops, whose team defeated the Longhorns for only the second time in the last six seasons. "We're back to OU football."

oumartin
10/3/2010, 06:44 AM
Um, if OSU somehow remains undefeated up to bedlam as does Nebraska(do they play one another?) and if OU somehow pulls off those back to back I'm not sure who would have had a more impressive set of wins than OU at that point.

Certainly if Ohio State goes undefeated as does Bama then of course it would be hard to jump them but I wouldn't say it would be impossible.

what do you think would happen up in stillwater if OSU ran the table. would Boone buy them a NC trophy?

OU-HSV
10/3/2010, 07:36 AM
It's funny how they showed actual game highlights from early in games to late in games when they were showing results on sports center last night. BUT then they get to OUr game and they start showing highlights of it at about the 2:30 mark...they didn't show any of the good highlights, like Murrays balancing act TD run or any of that. Oh well, guess we shouldn't expect anything more from them

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2010, 07:41 AM
I saw that tiptoe run about 5 times on espn last night.

OU-HSV
10/3/2010, 07:45 AM
I take it back, I'm watching sportscenter on espn2 right now and they just showed some good highlights. I must have caught the very short recap late last night when I was watching.

oumartin
10/3/2010, 07:49 AM
Mark May and Robert Smith both have OU in their top 5. Lou has ND, Arkansas and South Carolina right in front of Alabama and Oregon.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:20 AM
I guess the same goes for Ohio State, right espn? Almost losing to Illinois

stoopified
10/3/2010, 08:31 AM
Mark May and Robert Smith both have OU in their top 5. Lou has ND, Arkansas and South Carolina right in front of Alabama and Oregon.:)

TUSooner
10/3/2010, 08:44 AM
What's this? Oh nothing. Just another lame & childish thread whining at ESPN because they don't see the world through OUr crimson-colored glasses. :rolleyes:

PLaw
10/3/2010, 09:23 AM

Hoping the SOONER LOSE??? You are no fan - bane him from this board!!!!

Likely to have 3-4 undefeated teams and OU will be left on the outside looking in this time. It will be hard to deny Boise a shot if they go 27-0 over the past two years.

Potential teams to run the table and potential losses:
Bama - No body - could be the best CFB in decades
Ducky (USuC)
Boise - doubtful they lose
TCU
OU (eATMe, osu)
OSU (Iowa, Blue)

BOOMER

Sooners074718
10/3/2010, 09:57 AM
The ducks also play 'zona.
There are also going to be some crazy upsets down the stretch.

aero
10/3/2010, 10:04 AM
I see nothing wrong with anybody doubting us at this point. I wonder how good we are too. I think so far we have done well. The truth is we have actually played some decent teams so far that could give anybody trouble on any given day. I like the fact that our team has had to work for these wins. Yes, there have been self inflicted mistakes but having to overcome them and perform has been good for this team. The battle testing will be invaluable for the younger guys in the next few years. And who knows what the end of the year will bring. I'd take a beat down from Bama if it meant we were in the NC and had a chance at winning. We, of all college football, should not be afraid to lose as well as win. Losers never got to the big game in the first place.

Dan Thompson
10/3/2010, 10:06 AM
I don't see Alabama not going undefeated. Ohio St or Boise St (somehow).

Jacie
10/3/2010, 10:18 AM
It's funny how they showed actual game highlights from early in games to late in games when they were showing results on sports center last night. BUT then they get to OUr game and they start showing highlights of it at about the 2:30 mark...they didn't show any of the good highlights, like Murrays balancing act TD run or any of that. Oh well, guess we shouldn't expect anything more from them

The tip-toe to the touchdown run was their #3 best play of the day highlight . . .

DenverSooner751
10/3/2010, 10:40 AM
I don't see Alabama not going undefeated. Ohio St or Boise St (somehow).

This is pretty much how I feel too. Except for tOSU. I think that Michigan game could finally be a great game again. That Robinson kid playing in Rick Rod's scheme has been next to unstoppable almost all year long. I have not watched much of them, but from what I have seen that could be a tough one.

I would say it's much more likely to be Oregon hopping into the #2 spot behing Bammer......I know it's too early, and FL may not have been the best measure as they have been suspect this year too.....but Bammer did look damn good.

That being said, TCU and BSU could both finish undefeated and starting the season with high rankings and get popped out by either tOSU, Oregon, maybe us (although our schedule is weak) and don't leave Meatchicken out of the debate....if they run the table and pop tOSU then they have to be in the discussion as well.

DenverSooner751
10/3/2010, 10:42 AM
I see nothing wrong with anybody doubting us at this point. I wonder how good we are too. I think so far we have done well. The truth is we have actually played some decent teams so far that could give anybody trouble on any given day. I like the fact that our team has had to work for these wins. Yes, there have been self inflicted mistakes but having to overcome them and perform has been good for this team. The battle testing will be invaluable for the younger guys in the next few years. And who knows what the end of the year will bring. I'd take a beat down from Bama if it meant we were in the NC and had a chance at winning. We, of all college football, should not be afraid to lose as well as win. Losers never got to the big game in the first place.

I'll take 5-0 with us beating Texas to start the year every year but I agree, I'm not sure how good we are either.

The team is showing growth in some key areas but we have yet to play 4 full quarters yet.

yermom
10/3/2010, 11:02 AM
it would be pretty easy for us to get Auburned this year. there are way too many top 10 teams that wouldn't play each other

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 11:03 AM
gotta think Ohio St drops a game to @Wisconsin and @ Iowa

I'm not worried about TCU

hopefully we face an undefeated Nebraska team in the Big 12 Title.

We could jump Boise.

there you have it.

I'll go ahead and say that.... If Oklahoma goes undefeated, and Ohio State loses a game, Oklahoma goes to the National Title Game.

oumartin
10/3/2010, 11:04 AM

hopefully we face an undefeated Nebraska team in the National Title.

We could jump Boise.

there you have it.

might wanna read what you typed there

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 11:05 AM
might wanna read what you typed there

Big 12 Title*

fixed

oumartin
10/3/2010, 11:08 AM
Big 12 Title*

fixed

why is there an asterisk? are we Texas now? ;)

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 11:09 AM
:D :D

man it would be funny to jump TCU and Boise... I think we would tho. if we won the big12 title against an undefeated Nebraska team.

TCU could still lose to Air Force

Tiptonsooner
10/3/2010, 12:36 PM
I just want my Sooners to beat Iowa ST next...

then they can play the next in the line up.

tommieharris91
10/3/2010, 12:39 PM
:D :D

man it would be funny to jump TCU and Boise... I think we would tho. if we won the big12 title against an undefeated Nebraska team.

TCU could still lose to Air Force

This.

I also don't see Ohio State going undefeated this season.

IronHorseSooner
10/3/2010, 12:55 PM
This.

I also don't see Ohio State going undefeated this season.

Especially after the way they played against the Illini. Iowa just looks pizzed off, and tOSU has to go into Iowa City.

OUthunder
10/3/2010, 12:56 PM
All I have to say is this:

5-0

OU-HSV
10/3/2010, 01:17 PM
The tip-toe to the touchdown run was their #3 best play of the day highlight . . .

Cool. Well like I said in my follow up post, I saw the full version of our sports center highlights this morning...much better than the short version I saw late last night.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/3/2010, 01:45 PM
I'll take 5-0 with us beating Texas to start the year every year but I agree, I'm not sure how good we are either.

The team is showing growth in some key areas but we have yet to play 4 full quarters yet.

This /\ /\

oupride
10/3/2010, 02:39 PM
I dont care what ESPN believes any more.

oupride
10/3/2010, 02:43 PM

hopefully we face an undefeated Nebraska team in the Big 12 Title.

We could jump Boise.

there you have it.

I'll go ahead and say that.... If Oklahoma goes undefeated, and Ohio State loses a game, Oklahoma goes to the National Title Game.

Not so fast my friend, what about Oregon? Herby says the Pac-10 is the toughest Conference right now and do you think they will lose a game? Just curious.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 04:06 PM
What's this? Oh nothing. Just another lame & childish thread whining at ESPN because they don't see the world through OUr crimson-colored glasses. :rolleyes:

I see nothing wrong with a little ESPN bashing, sir. Everyone should see the world through our crimson-colored glasses.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 04:15 PM
Not so fast my friend, what about Oregon? Herby says the Pac-10 is the toughest Conference right now and do you think they will lose a game? Just curious.

Oregon looks good. I think they end up dropping a game on the road. @USC, @CAL, @Oregon St. - always crazy.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/3/2010, 04:16 PM
Oregon looks good. I think they end up dropping a game on the road. @USC, @CAL, @Oregon St. - always crazy.

They play AZ too. That might be trouble.