PDA

View Full Version : Bama is unreal, best team I've seen in a years

JLEW1818
10/2/2010, 08:13 PM
still got games @ South Carolina, and @ LSU. SEC Championship.

Blue
10/2/2010, 08:14 PM
Urban Meyer looks like Coach Klien out there getting owned by Red Bow U.

delhalew
10/2/2010, 08:15 PM
I would hate to see what Ingram and Richardson would do to our D.

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 08:17 PM
They are definitely above average.

fadada1
10/2/2010, 08:21 PM
it looks as though [insert div 1AA team here] found a bunch of gator unis and decided to suit up against bama.

bringit
10/2/2010, 08:30 PM
very well coached and a handful of playmakers make all the difference

JLEW1818
10/2/2010, 08:30 PM
having fun stopping that run.... like anyone.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2010, 08:37 PM
their 2009 team was better

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 08:40 PM
Until they hire a coach from this board they'll never be all that great.

olevetonahill
10/2/2010, 08:42 PM
Like I said in THIS thread http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145338

Im a wondering If Timmy T wept :D

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 08:49 PM

I would agree on that on all counts except Mark Ingram--I actually think he's better this year than he was when he won the Heisman last year.

goingoneight
10/2/2010, 08:57 PM
He definitely cuts well for a guy who just had surgery.

Again, UF had this coming all season. Very average UF team at times. hate to say it, but Alabama's the only team who can "cruise" their way to the MNC IMO. Nothing against 'Bama... I'd like to say it a lot more if I could say it about us, too.

Well... Boise can sleepwalk their way there... f'n WAC. :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2010, 09:05 PM
I would agree on that on all counts except Mark Ingram--I actually think he's better this year than he was when he won the Heisman last year.

Oh yeah he is got another year under his belt and looks great...but that defense last year with McClain, Arenas, and Co. was pretty top notch when talking about a great football team

goingoneight
10/2/2010, 09:08 PM
'Bama's offense is farther along than it's ever been under Saban, or any other Saban-coached team, too. Helps to be able to move the ball whenever you need to.

SoonerShay
10/2/2010, 09:09 PM
HYPERBOLE! They gave up over 400 yards of offense to Arkansaw last week. Lasts years Bama team was better, because of the balance on offense and defense. This one is more dependent on offense.

htownsooner7
10/2/2010, 09:09 PM
I agree that they look good, but did you watch the first half last week against Arkansas? There have been some great teams in the last decade that were never down by double digits all year long.

Blue
10/2/2010, 09:17 PM
Geez Brantley. Horrible.

SoonerShay
10/2/2010, 09:19 PM
Brantley and Gilbert were getting all kinds of hype in the off-season too. Both have been nothing special and in Brantley's case garbage!

OUinFLA
10/2/2010, 09:24 PM
Bama cheerleaders are hawt

TXBOOMER
10/2/2010, 09:30 PM
Bama is the best team in the country right now. It is a long season though! Every once in awhile your best players can get hurt and lost for the season, refs can F you, or you can just have a shatty week. All sorts of shat can happen in a football game. That is why we all love it. You never know.

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2010, 09:44 PM
Until they hire a coach from this board they'll never be all that great.

:D

VA Sooner
10/2/2010, 09:47 PM
Brantley needs a pump fake or two, some misdirection... then again, Roll Tide!

OUthunder
10/2/2010, 09:50 PM
Poor Urban Oscar Meyer. I feel no pity for them. I hope Bama hangs a hundred on them.

Blue
10/2/2010, 09:50 PM
Bama keeps this up, Urbans gonna retire again. :D

He's on the bench right now chirpin like a hen and laying a football egg. "You alright, Coach Klein?"

Blue
10/2/2010, 09:55 PM
Oh F off Danielson. You think CU is any better than 8 to 10th in the Big 12?

OUthunder
10/2/2010, 09:56 PM
The only team that's gonna beat Bama, is Bama.

Eielson
10/2/2010, 09:59 PM

That's what I was thinking.

delhalew
10/2/2010, 10:00 PM
Bama keeps this up, Urbans gonna retire again. :D

He's on the bench right now chirpin like a hen and laying a football egg. "You alright, Coach Klein?"

Mister Coach Klein:D

Blue
10/2/2010, 10:00 PM
Bama loses next week. Calling it.

BillyBall
10/2/2010, 10:04 PM
Mark Ingram ****ing hits people like Ike Turner.

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 10:15 PM

Of course it is possible, but what has happened so far this season that gives you reason to think that? Oh wait...I see where you are from. You must be a barner...

Blue
10/2/2010, 10:17 PM
Of course it is possible, but what has happened so far this season that gives you reason to think that?

Just feel like calling it. Bama is not invincible. They'll just be another "invincible" team that will lose along the way.

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 10:30 PM
Just feel like calling it. Bama is not invincible. They'll just be another "invincible" team that will lose along the way.

Ummm....in other words, an undefeated team will eventually lose, right? I would agree with that just like water is wet and that the sun rises in the East. You're not going to get any disagreement with that 'profound' statement....Lol

Florida is obviously not the team they were with Tebow and I think that was demonstrated tonight. However, in terms of the talent level, they are still--BY FAR--the second best team in our league. I look forward to our rematch in the first week in December.

Blue
10/2/2010, 10:33 PM
Ummm....in other words, an undefeated team will eventually lose, right? I would agree with that just like water is wet and that the sun rises in the East. You're not going to get any disagreement with that 'profound' statement....Lol

Florida is obviously not the team they were with Tebow and I think that was demonstrated tonight. However, in terms of the talent level, they are still--BY FAR--the second best team in our league.

And I think they'll lose this year. They're good, no doubt, but can be beaten and imo will be a few times this year.

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 10:44 PM
And I think they'll lose this year. They're good, no doubt, but can be beaten and imo will be a few times this year.

Hmm... ummm ok. Well, guess we'll just have to see what happens. And who else other than South Carolina are you going to predict beats us? LSU? Auburn? Georgia State?

Eielson
10/2/2010, 10:48 PM

I don't think they're invincible, but I think predicting Alabama to lose 3+ games this year is ridiculous.

delhalew
10/2/2010, 10:50 PM
Hmm... ummm ok. Well, guess we'll just have to see what happens. And who else other than South Carolina are you going to predict beats us? LSU? Auburn? Georgia State?

I think the stupid scheduling snaffu is your biggest obstacle. As ludicrous as it sounds, by the time you get to Auburn, it could catch up to you. I also give South Carolina an outside chance if the somehow get better QB play.

badger
10/2/2010, 10:52 PM
Congrats Sabanball... but your conference might have to find a few replacement refs after Tennessee killed one for costing them the LSU game. VISUAL EVIDENCE BELOW:

http://i52.tinypic.com/21kgrid.jpg

Speaking of SEC refs, everything is indeed faster in the SEC with all of that SEC speed, including how your game's refs drop flags. No time to think, they're already throwing the flag. S-E-C! S-E-C! ;)

Blue
10/2/2010, 10:57 PM

My God. You're just like about every other bama fan I know. You need reassurance? You want me to tell you that you have a good team? It's ok buddy, you guys are the best!

LSU can beat Bama. Auburn can beat Bama. Will they? How the hell would I know? How the hell do you know?

You were lucky in Fayetteville and besides that you guys haven't played anyone yet. Florida is horrible as is Penn St. Quit being smug.

yankee
10/2/2010, 11:07 PM
My God. You're just like about every other bama fan I know. You need reassurance? You want me to tell you that you have a good team? It's ok buddy, you guys are the best!

LSU can beat Bama. Auburn can beat Bama. Will they? How the hell would I know? How the hell do you know?

You were lucky in Fayetteville and besides that you guys haven't played anyone yet. Florida is horrible as is Penn St. Quit being smug.

Bama only needs a field goal to beat LSU...and they'll get more than that. LSU's offense is probably the worst thing to ever step foot on a football field.

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats Sabanball... but your conference might have to find a few replacement refs after Tennessee killed one for costing them the LSU game. VISUAL EVIDENCE BELOW:

http://i52.tinypic.com/21kgrid.jpg

Speaking of SEC refs, everything is indeed faster in the SEC with all of that SEC speed, including how your game's refs drop flags. No time to think, they're already throwing the flag. S-E-C! S-E-C! ;)

You'll get no argument from me on SEC officiating, but you can't blame the outcome of that game on the refs. Tenn clearly had 15 players on the field of play there at the second to last play from the LOS. And frankly, I don't know who was more inept at the end of the game--the Hat for not being able to get a play call in or Dooley for having too many people on the field.

Eielson
10/2/2010, 11:11 PM

They've played a much better schedule than we have. I don't understand the hatred.

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 11:12 PM

I'm not being smug or bragging, just responding to what you are saying. We havent' played anyone yet?? We've beaten two top 20 teams at home and one top 10 team on the road--what else would you have us do at this point in the season that hasn't been asked of another team out there that's 5-0? I'd love to know.

Of course anything can happen in the future but we are playing very well and if our team can maintain this standard and have some luck with the injury bug I like our chances of going undefeated in the reg season.

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:16 PM
They've played a much better schedule than we have. I don't understand the hatred.

I didn't say we should be ranked higher or that we were better. Excuse me if I don't want to award the title to alabama after 5 games.

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:19 PM
I'm not being smug or bragging, just responding to what you are saying. We havent' played anyone yet?? We've beaten two top 20 teams at home and one top 10 team on the road--what else would you have us do at this point in the season that hasn't been asked of another team out there that's 5-0? I'd love to know.

Of course anything can happen in the future but we are playing very well and if our team can maintain this standard and have some luck with the injury bug I like our chances of going undefeated in the reg season.

Fair enough. I however disagree. I dont see Bama going back to back. If I was a Bama fan, I'd feel like they were going to win every game too. Just like I think OU is going undefeated.

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 11:22 PM
I didn't say we should be ranked higher or that we were better. Excuse me if I don't want to award the title to alabama after 5 games.

...And we're not asking for it.

I think we've ran this into the ground. Appy State beat Michigan a couple of years ago, and Jax State beat Ole Miss several weeks ago in Oxford. College football is very unpredictable, that's one reason I think we all like it so much. You may be right, Bama might very well end up losing 3- 4 games this year, but I don't think you can make an intelligent argument and give any reasons that would support that at this point in time.

We will definitely lose at some point in the future, it could be next week or next year. But right now you have to like our chances of going undefeated, at least in the regular season if we can stay injury-free and have a little luck a long the way...

BTW, congrats on the win in the RRS today. Honestly, I thought overall you guys looked pretty sloppy,especially later in the game, but all that matters is that you won and that you're 5-0. You guys are definitely in the Big 12 drivers seat and I see you all playing the Bugeaters in the Big 12 CG. That Texas/NU game is really shaping up to be a huge hate game!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2010, 11:24 PM
iF YOU WANNA CROWN EM, CROWN EM!

badger
10/2/2010, 11:25 PM

:P when have you tiders ever asked for a title without just claiming it?

:D seriously though, i want everyone in front of us to clear out so we can meet in the title game. down with duckies and buckeyes. down with froggies, Boise, DIE!

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:29 PM

I think we've ran this into the ground. Appy State beat Michigan a couple of years ago, and Jax State beat Ole Miss several weeks ago in Oxford. College football is very unpredictable, that's one reason I think we all like it so much. You may be right, Bama might very well end up losing 3- 4 games this year, but I don't think you can make an intelligent argument and give any reasons that would support that at this point in time.

We will definitely lose at some point in the future, it could be next week or next year. But right now you have to like our chances of going undefeated, at least in the regular season if we can stay injury-free and have a little luck a long the way...

BTW, congrats on the win in the RRS today. Honestly, I thought overall you guys looked pretty sloppy,especially later in the game, but all that matters is that you won and that you're 5-0. You guys are definitely in the drivers seat and I see you all playing the Bugeaters in the Big 12 CG. That Texas/NU game is really shaping up to be a huge hate game!

Is this SAT's or a message board?

Bama goes down next week in Columbia. IMFO, of course. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2010, 11:29 PM
exactly how much have you had to drink?

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 11:30 PM
:P when have you tiders ever asked for a title without just claiming it?

:D seriously though, i want everyone in front of us to clear out so we can meet in the title game. down with duckies and buckeyes. down with froggies, Boise, DIE!

I'd love that, my only fear is that if Ohio St and Boise keep winning, you guys get frozen out. I'm not sure you all can leapfrog into the no 2 spot in the BCS rankings that start coming out later. But stranger things have happened...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2010, 11:31 PM
I don't want any part of that alabama team...none...

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:32 PM
exactly how much have you had to drink?
What does that have to do with anything? I haven't called anybody names or flamed anyone.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2010, 11:32 PM
just wonderin....whore

Boomer38Sooner
10/2/2010, 11:34 PM
They are salty. Great football team.

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:36 PM
We'd be higher than Boise and real close w/ OSU in the BCS due to SOS if FSU and AF keep winning w/ wins over Top25 FSU, AF, UT, Ok State, and Nebraska. OSU would have wins over Miami, Iowa, Mich, Wisc, Penn st(Dont think penn st will be top 25 by the end of the year).

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:36 PM
just wonderin....whore

Ha!

ouwasp
10/2/2010, 11:38 PM
Bama cheerleaders are hawt

Pics, etc...

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2010, 11:39 PM
Gators will get another shot - just look at the rest of the SEC east. Meyer and staff can't be taken lightly. But it didn't break my heart to see UF get pushed around tonight :D

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 11:39 PM
We'd be higher than Boise and real close w/ OSU in the BCS due to SOS if FSU and AF keep winning w/ wins over Top25 FSU, AF, UT, Ok State, and Nebraska. OSU would have wins over Miami, Iowa, Mich, Wisc, Penn st(Dont think penn st will be top 25 by the end of the year).

the SOS factor will definitely be an issue, that's why I wouldn't rule it out. But I'm here to tell you that if Bama and Ohio St win out that is who is going to Glendale.

badger
10/2/2010, 11:40 PM
I'd love that, my only fear is that if Ohio St and Boise keep winning, you guys get frozen out. I'm not sure you all can leapfrog into the no 2 spot in the BCS rankings that start coming out later. But stranger things have happened...

Well, should that happen, just promise me that you won't let tOSU take on Boise for the title. You know exactly what would happen and it would be bad for us established powers. Yes, I like keeping the little man down when it comes to college football. How establishmentarian of me :D

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:43 PM
the SOS factor will definitely be an issue, that's why I wouldn't rule it out. But I'm here to tell you that if Bama and Ohio St win out that is who is going to Glendale.

I could buy that. Only way it flipflops is if Osu looks like they did today from here on out and OU starts killin folks. I don't think osu goes unscathed though.

My order of undefeateds that have priority right now are

Bama
OSU
Oregon (close to ohio st)
OU/Neb
Boise
TCU

Sabanball
10/2/2010, 11:44 PM
Well, should that happen, just promise me that you won't let tOSU take on Boise for the title. You know exactly what would happen and it would be bad for us established powers. Yes, I like keeping the little man down when it comes to college football. How establishmentarian of me :D

Badger,

I actually hope Boise makes it to Glendale and we can settle this issue once and for all. I am so sick of hearing guys like Tim Brando on CBS carry their water for them. Boise has not played anybody and they operate in a mid tier conference--at best.

I still maintain their biggest win of all time was against you guys and that game was a fluke.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/2/2010, 11:46 PM
It's a long season. That's all that has to be said.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2010, 11:48 PM
I don't want any part of that alabama team...none...

IMHO, if we keep playing slop and having to use Sooner Magic to pull wins out, then you don't have to worry about that.

If they make good use of bye week, and get things straightened out, the injured healed up, then we'll see. The FSU game showed the capability of the team, we've only seen glimpses of it since then.

badger
10/2/2010, 11:49 PM
I still maintain their biggest win of all time was against you guys and that game was a fluke.
that game still disappoints me. why oh why did that have to be the last time we say All Day in a Sooners uniform? :(

hug mark ingram lots and love every second you get to watch him this season. he'll be gone before you know it and you'll never know when you'll see another player at your school like him... and he'll probably end up playing for an NFL team you hate :mad:

Blue
10/2/2010, 11:55 PM
Btw, sabanball, my rant was not necessarily against you. I work with many Bama fans and have good friends that are bama fans and we are hoping for a joint trip to Glendale.

I just got quite a few annoying texts during the Bama game and started plotting bamas demise. dont take it personal, please. :D

Sabanball
10/3/2010, 12:02 AM
Btw, sabanball, my rant was not necessarily against you. I work with many Bama fans and have good friends that are bama fans and we are hoping for a joint trip to Glendale.

I just got quite a few annoying texts during the Bama game and started plotting bamas demise. dont take it personal, please. :D

It's all good. I just feel sorry for the gator fans that I know and work with tonight--most of them turned their cell phones off at the half.;)

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 12:11 AM
It's all good. I just feel sorry for the gator fans that I know and work with tonight--most of them turned their cell phones off at the half.;)

I'll say one thing: towards the end of the third quarter, there was a distinct lack of jorts in the upper decks anymore.

Okie35
10/3/2010, 12:35 AM

The rematch will be closer.

Eielson
10/3/2010, 12:52 AM
If we go undefeated then our conference is so awful that we shouldn't even be considered for the NC game. This is a good team, but it's definitely not a NC team. At least not right now.

BlownGP
10/3/2010, 12:56 AM
Badger,

I actually hope Boise makes it to Glendale and we can settle this issue once and for all. I am so sick of hearing guys like Tim Brando on CBS carry their water for them. Boise has not played anybody and they operate in a mid tier conference--at best.

x2
I really do want boise or TCU to play bama. Just so next year they wont have shiiiit to say about them. Im tired if hearing about them......

With that being, LSU has a very good defense and will put up a fight with you guys, but in the end there offesne will lose the game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/3/2010, 12:57 AM
Just feel like calling it. Bama is not invincible. They'll just be another "invincible" team that will lose along the way.Yeah, baby. We can hope, anyway. I'll be pulling for the Cocks forsure.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 01:39 AM
still got games @ South Carolina, and @ LSU. SEC Championship.

are you ****ing kidding me Jlew? Get real bro...I can name 10 teams in the last decade that are better than this years bama team

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:45 AM
i said in years.... that could mean 3 or 4 years. and yes. I would take this Alabama team over any team from 2006 till now.

whoever said that 2009 was better than 2010... I'm not so sure. 2010 still has a ways to go. But the offense is looking unreal. The defense is coming together. Ranked 20th in the Nation. After playing Arkansas and Florida. Defensive ranking is only going to get better.

but sure go ahead. Name 10 teams in the last decade better than this Alabama team.

oumartin
10/3/2010, 08:56 AM
They are definately a good team but I've seen teams that looked unstoppable for an entire season and lay an egg in the biggest one of the year.

It can happen to anyone

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 09:02 AM
oh I totally agree. 2002 Miami looked unstoppable as well.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 09:07 AM
They are definately a good team but I've seen teams that looked unstoppable for an entire season and lay an egg in the biggest one of the year.

It can happen to anyone

Or even the biggest two.

Spray
10/3/2010, 09:08 AM
I'll say one thing: towards the end of the third quarter, there was a distinct lack of jorts in the upper decks anymore.

If you had time to go to a meaningless football game during your Fall 1L semester then I'm going to have to give the dean a quick alumni phone call. BACK TO WORK, 1L SCUM. YOU HAVE 13 TORTS CASES TO BRIEF BY MONDAY. :D

As to the topic at hand, I am getting a certain New England Patriots Undefeated Season/2003 OU/2005 USC/OMGGreatestTeamEverBeforeLosingTheLastOne kind of vibe about this Bama team. The team itself doesn't control the hype that will continue to build, but they really have seperated themselves from the rest of the country so early in the season that the hype and pressure by the time we get to Iron Bowl weekend will be unreal. Saban's biggest challenge from here on out won't be game-planning- it will be managing the psyche and focus of his team.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 09:14 AM
If you had time to go to a meaningless football game during your Fall 1L semester then I'm going to have to give the dean a quick alumni phone call. BACK TO WORK, 1L SCUM. YOU HAVE 13 TORTS CASES TO BRIEF BY MONDAY. :D

As to the topic at hand, I am getting a certain New England Patriots Undefeated Season/2003 OU/2005 USC/OMGGreatestTeamEverBeforeLosingTheLastOne kind of vibe about this Bama team. The team itself doesn't control the hype that will continue to build, but they really have seperated themselves from the rest of the country so early in the season that the hype and pressure by the time we get to Iron Bowl weekend will be unreal. Saban's biggest challenge from here on out won't be game-planning- it will be managing the psyche and focus of his team.

Dude. I'm a 2L.

And I didn't miss a single home game last year. :D

Spray
10/3/2010, 09:19 AM
Holy ****- time flies. WELL GET TO WORK 2L!!!! DON'T YOU HAVE A SEMINAR PAPER TO WRITE?!

What a "d'oh" moment. I mean we don't even hire 1Ls. Sheesh- I need a vacation.

kevpks
10/3/2010, 09:26 AM
Urban Meyer needs to rip the Tebow plays from the playbook. The QB dive and jump pass by the goal line were awful. ESPN is trying to bill Trey Burton as Tebow Lite, probably to give them an excuse to still talk about Tebow. At least we won't be stuck with another 10 min feature on him next week.

Sabanball
10/3/2010, 10:59 AM
Urban Meyer needs to rip the Tebow plays from the playbook. The QB dive and jump pass by the goal line were awful. ESPN is trying to bill Trey Burton as Tebow Lite, probably to give them an excuse to still talk about Tebow. At least we won't be stuck with another 10 min feature on him next week.

Our defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and many of us fans knew the jump pass was coming--another sign of unimaginative, horrible play-calling by Meyer/Addazio last night.

If Florida had been smart they would have held on to Cameron Newton(now at Auburn), as I think he could have ran their O much better than Brantley. Urban has got to be kicking himself for making the decision to let him leave with Brantley being the heir apparent to Tebow--and make no mistake that is ultimately why he left.

Without question I think Florida is still the second best team in our league(in fact they were ranked second nationally by Sagarin) and I still expect to see them in ATL, as I predict Steve Spurrier will once again self-destruct at South Carolina. But until they find their identity on O I just don't see them beating us in the rematch.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 01:32 PM
i said in years.... that could mean 3 or 4 years. and yes. I would take this Alabama team over any team from 2006 till now.

whoever said that 2009 was better than 2010... I'm not so sure. 2010 still has a ways to go. But the offense is looking unreal. The defense is coming together. Ranked 20th in the Nation. After playing Arkansas and Florida. Defensive ranking is only going to get better.

but sure go ahead. Name 10 teams in the last decade better than this Alabama team.

Florida 08 was better, 09 Bama was better, and 08 OU was probably better. 01 Miami was better, 00 OU was better, 04 USC was better, 05 USC and Tex was better.

Thats 8 teams in the decade and 3 in the last 2 years that are better than this years Bama team

Sabanball
10/3/2010, 07:40 PM
Florida 08 was better, 09 Bama was better, and 08 OU was probably better. 01 Miami was better, 00 OU was better, 04 USC was better, 05 USC and Tex was better.

Thats 8 teams in the decade and 3 in the last 2 years that are better than this years Bama team

Yup...I guess winning 29 reg season games in a row, going 3-2 against Urban Meyer/ Florida the last six years, and going 31-2 overall the last three years is just really no big accomplishment. I mean...I guess you guys and everyone else have done the same thing this decade so no big deal, right? Might as well just put us with the TCU's and Boises of the world, I guess.

Seriously, this is a silly argument. Teams from different seasons will never play each other so you can never say for sure if one would beat the other. One thing Nick always says is that no team can 'defend' a national title--simply because each season your team is different. Each 'team', if you will, gets one shot at a NC--because at the end of each season new players come in and old ones leave. That is why the college game is more for guys like your coach and mine that love to teach, train, and coach young men.

I've never come on here and tried to say we are the best team of the decade. Right now I'd probably bestow that honor on one of Pete Carroll's teams(with an asterisk beside it, of course). But I WOULD say that right now, at this point time, no other team is playing better ball than we are--and as Mark Ingram said last night, we still haven't played a complete game yet.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 07:43 PM
Being sensitive much? I never said one bad word about Bama, I actually have a ton of respect for them and your coach...I was merely replying to Jlew who made what I thought was an outrageous statement that Bama is the best team he has seen the last several years.

I even said that I think last years Bama team was better than this years. Geez Saban

Collier11
10/3/2010, 07:46 PM
Seriously, this is a silly argument. Teams from different seasons will never play each other so you can never say for sure if one would beat the other. One thing Nick always says is that no team can 'defend' a national title--simply because each season your team is different. I happen to agree...

Thats another reason that I called Jlew on that statement, Bama isnt even half way thru their schedule. They may go 13-0 or they may go 10-3, you never know what can happen

Sabanball
10/3/2010, 08:00 PM
Thats another reason that I called Jlew on that statement, Bama isnt even half way thru their schedule. They may go 13-0 or they may go 10-3, you never know what can happen

It's cool. I was just joining in on the discussion.:)

BTW, you are absolutely correct about our final record. Anything can happen--we could lose a key player to an injury, get screwed by a ref, or as hard as it would be to believe of a Saban-coached team, we may just not show up for one game and lose one we are supposed to win easily. It happened to USC several years ago at Stanford and has happened to you guys as well.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:02 PM
I changed my mind, Bama sucks ;)

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:06 PM

so your mind is already made up. no matter what this Alabama team does. they cannot be better than the 8 teams you listed?

whose to say 2009 Alabama is not top of the list? The second team to go 14-0

Sabanball
10/3/2010, 08:06 PM
I changed my mind, Bama sucks ;)

IF how we are playing now 'sucks', then I hope we 'suck' for a long, long time. ;)

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:10 PM
so your mind is already made up. no matter what this Alabama team does. they cannot be better than the 8 teams you listed?

whose to say 2009 Alabama is not top of the list? The second team to go 14-0

Youre the one who made up your mind, I was just telling you that you are wrong :D

No way you can make that statement after 5 games, especially when a good but not great Arky team should have beat them if their stud QB didnt go all Jarrod Johnson in the 4th qt

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:12 PM
you can make arguement for any game on any team.

aggie 2000, pick 6.

My statement is simple. so far, this Alabama team is the best I've seen in years. If anybody has a plan to stop that run game/play action. please show me.

Now I hope South Carolina pulls the upset. only an 8 point dog.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:15 PM
on a side note, if Saban goes 28-0 with 2 BCS Titles.... just wow....

not to mention he was 12-0 in the 2007 regular season.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:17 PM
and like I said, at this point they havent impressed me that much. Florida is WAY down ala tex, Arky had them beat and self destructed, the other teams they have played suck

They may well turn out to be juggernauts but I dont see it yet.

At this point last year Bama had absolutely dominated everyone including a top 10 Va Tech team.

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:20 PM
you have to give them credit for Penn St. not just a walk in the park game.

they also played at Arkansas, a team ranked in the top 10. VT was a neutral site game (2009).

2009 Bama beat Tennessee 12-10 at HOME. if you want to get picky.... beat LSU by 9 at home.

beat unranked Auburn by 5 on the road.

2009 had it's close moments

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 08:22 PM
No way you can make that statement after 5 games, especially when a good but not great Arky team should have beat them if their stud QB didnt go all Jarrod Johnson in the 4th qt

Interesting that a guy who played well under pressure just the week before went all to pieces in the second half against Alabama. That probably didn't have anything to do with defensive adjustments or anything: he just imploded because of the pressure of a two-score lead.

The difference in Mallet from the first half to the second half was Alabama adjusting their coverage scheme and taking the wheel route out with a safety. At least that's what I saw.

I mean, we can debate until the cows come home, but Alabama has done more to show they're the #1 team in the country than any other team so far this year. I don't know if they're the best team in "years"-LA's pro franchise in 2004 was pretty dang good, as was Miami's 2001 team.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:22 PM
Penn st is horrible. And again, you said at this point. At this point, 09 Bama is far and away better than the current version is

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:23 PM
I mean, we can debate until the cows come home, but Alabama has done more to show they're the #1 team in the country than any other team so far this year. .

Im certainly not debating that, they are easily #1 so far this year although id give Oregon some props as well after lastnight.

birddog
10/3/2010, 08:24 PM
how many bama wins before people start losing their hair over the 47 game win streak?

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:25 PM
well they lose their QB after this year so Im not too worried...yet :D

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:26 PM
Penn st is horrible. And again, you said at this point. At this point, 09 Bama is far and away better than the current version is

i guess... i mean we all know VT starts off slow. Neutral field. Won by 10. This game was a battle till then end. check the box score.

At Arkansas won by 4... not a huge difference i guess.

So no, i don't see 2009 Alabama being way better than 2010 so far. I actually will say 2010 Alabama is better so far.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:27 PM
Bama 2010 GREATEST TEAM EVER!! I wish I could suck off Saban

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:28 PM
lol maybe i just hate Urban Meyer??? and glad that c. sucker lost

but no really, i hope South Carolina kills them.

All about OU.

but i speak the truth.

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:29 PM
I am there with ya, Id take Saban over Meyer any day of the week. It was hilarious watchin florida pretend that they still had Tebow yet somehow those plays jsut didnt work anymore

JLEW1818
10/3/2010, 08:31 PM
I'm not really a Tebow hater... i see how the media makes the public hate him tho.

He was one of the greatest college football players, that I've seen play

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:32 PM
One of the top 10 greatest CFB players of all time, the media made me dislike him, he didnt

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 08:32 PM
well they lose their QB after this year so Im not too worried...yet :D

People around here have somewhat unrealistic expectations about A.J. McCarron. He's looked good in limited action, but...

Collier11
10/3/2010, 08:33 PM
McElroy may never be a 1st round draft pick or a Heisman winner but the dude doesnt lose. Period!

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2010, 09:14 PM
From ESPN's Pat Forde Twitter (espn4d) Yesterday: "Just checked out the tailgate scene outside Bryant-Denny. Outstanding atmosphere. Bama Law School tailgate best in show."

W00t!

SoFla Sooner
10/3/2010, 10:40 PM
What does a girl say when she sees a ridiculously pretty girl? "I HATE her!" Well that's how I feel about Alabama.

Tidefan36854
10/3/2010, 10:47 PM
how many bama wins before people start losing their hair over the 47 game win streak?

That record is safe my friend! There's no way another team will win 47 straight.

Eielson
10/3/2010, 11:08 PM
I hope we 'suck' for a long, long time. ;)

Fag.

Eielson
10/3/2010, 11:09 PM

They've still got a couple seasons worth to go.

Sooner70
10/4/2010, 05:30 AM
I would love to see Oregon play Alabama and Kelly get his green a** kicked all the way back to wherever Nike Stadium is.

I just cannot believe he'd say such a stupid thing at the Stanford game like Harbaugh must have "....friends over there"...or something like that....implying that Stanford was getting all the good ref calls. What a classless coach. I've been off that guy every since he suspended Blount for the year and then decided to bring him back when the schedule got tough. What a jerk.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2010, 05:41 AM
Really not a surprise he's such a doosh.

birddog
10/4/2010, 07:30 AM
They've still got a couple seasons worth to go.

yeah, i remember when usc had 31 wins and playing texass for the mnc. there were alot of conflicted people on that one.

if bama makes it unscathed this season (i can't crown em yet. with injuries and whatnots you never know), the nervous nellies will be in full force.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2010, 09:03 AM
i guess... i mean we all know VT starts off slow. Neutral field. Won by 10. This game was a battle till then end. check the box score.

At Arkansas won by 4... not a huge difference i guess.

So no, i don't see 2009 Alabama being way better than 2010 so far. I actually will say 2010 Alabama is better so far.

your full of poop

Blue
10/9/2010, 03:06 PM
lets watch this game together, Sabanball....:D

Blue
10/9/2010, 03:14 PM
Touchdown South Carolina!!! 14-3. Uh oh......! :D

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 03:14 PM
I figured Bama would physically dominate South Carolina, but I would be more than thrilled if the Gamecocks managed to win this one.

Blue
10/9/2010, 03:17 PM
It'll be close. USC needs to keep this up, though.

swardboy
10/9/2010, 03:22 PM
Will the adrenalin still be kicked in the second quarter for SC? 15 yard penalties do NOT help their cause...

MojoRisen
10/9/2010, 03:22 PM
They need to be up 21-6 at half

swardboy
10/9/2010, 03:23 PM
AND BAMA FUMBLES!!!!

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 03:24 PM
Bama looking very lackadaisical so far, just like in the Arkansas game.

Okla-homey
10/9/2010, 03:24 PM
Gamecock D is hanging tough. And that Lattimore kid is special. Looking good for the 'Cocks. Bad for the bammer ya-hoos.:D

swardboy
10/9/2010, 03:25 PM
TD

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 03:26 PM
Wow, if the Tide don't wake up soon, they may be in too deep a hole to get out of.

Gandalf_The_Grey
Bama is unreal!!! Best team I have ever seen!!!!

Tigeman
And so they begin to tumble out the unbeaten ranks!

21-3 ... Not over yet....but heading in the right direction!

Okie35
10/9/2010, 03:29 PM
I told Jlew to pick South Carolina beating Bama and not Arky.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 03:43 PM
Missed FG!!!!

I picked Bama to lose...even though I would love to see OU and Bama play in the BCS Title Game.

Far from being over though.

Mississippi Sooner
10/9/2010, 03:45 PM
Best team EVAR!!1!!1!!

MojoRisen
10/9/2010, 03:45 PM
If they can get a field goal or better here - game.

Okie35
10/9/2010, 03:46 PM
If they can get a field goal or better here - game.

Not really, Bama can go on a roll.

Okla-homey
10/9/2010, 03:51 PM
Not really, Bama can go on a roll.

bammer is in deep doo-doo. They may need a "roll" to clean themselves up at half-time.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:00 PM
Can the announcers be any more Pro-Alabama?

Jesus!

swardboy
10/9/2010, 04:13 PM
Fulmer does a fair job of halftime commentary....along with our own Mr.Tillman.

kevpks
10/9/2010, 04:17 PM
Can the announcers be any more Pro-Alabama?

Jesus!

They seem to do that for the flagship SEC team every year.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:20 PM
They seem to do that for the flagship SEC team every year.
Alabama has 2 good seasons in the last 17 and all the sudden they are the SEC Flagship?

I think LSU and Florida has something to say about that.

delhalew
10/9/2010, 04:21 PM
Tracy Wolfson was terrified of Saban. It looked like he might kill and eat her out of frustration.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:29 PM
LOL....Good job Garcia....LMFAO you idiot!

Blue
What was that??? Moran. lol.

silverwheels
Garcia must be drunk again. Get him back in rehab.

Rocko
10/9/2010, 04:30 PM
I swear Saban is in his opponents heads every game.

bluedogok
10/9/2010, 04:36 PM
Alabama has 2 good seasons in the last 17 and all the sudden they are the SEC Flagship?

Not since last season....it's a what have you done for me lately world out there now.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:36 PM
Nice Spot. He was at least a half yard further back than that.

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 04:38 PM
I look for South Carolina to go 3 and out here, and Alabama to score on their next drive to tie it up.

Blue
10/9/2010, 04:41 PM
Cmon USC!

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:42 PM
I look for South Carolina to go 3 and out here, and Alabama to score on their next drive to tie it up.

Well, there goes the 3 and out. ;)

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 04:43 PM
Well, there goes the 3 and out. ;)

I figured that South Carolina would continue to not try. I can't believe they started to ease up in the 2nd quarter on the #1 team in the country. This one is far from over.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:44 PM
I dont think it is the SC coaches...just their players.

They seem to be getting their heads back in the game now though.

Blue
10/9/2010, 04:48 PM
Eat that clock baby! A TD would be good here.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:56 PM

Well there goes Alabama having the ability to tie ontheir next drive. :gary:

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 04:58 PM
South Carolina is bring it right now....damn!!!!!

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 05:00 PM
McElroy's decision-making has been terrible today.

OK2U
10/9/2010, 05:01 PM
The bama players are huge.
LBs, DEs, DTs and TEs have 20+lbs on average over our players.
I think we could tempo the hell out of these big boys.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:02 PM
That is because McElroy is really not that great of a QB. He has been blessed with a great OL and two superb RBs with one great WR!

15 minutes until McElroy loses for the first time as a starter since Junior High!

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:03 PM
The bama players are huge.
LBs, DEs, DTs and TEs have 20+lbs on average over our players.
I think we could tempo the hell out of these big boys.

We woudl dominate Bama!!!

Their Defense is very Pourous...and if we can shut down the rushing attack of the two big backs, we would blow their asses out!

aero
10/9/2010, 05:04 PM
What was that??? Moran. lol.

awesome

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 05:06 PM
We woudl dominate Bama!!!

I don't know about that.

Eielson
10/9/2010, 05:07 PM
awesome

http://shii.org/mediawiki/images/1/1e/Boeing54kueuvg.jpg

kevpks
10/9/2010, 05:08 PM

They lean towards the front runner every year is my point.

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 05:11 PM
Yep. Here we go. Bama stuck to their gameplan and didn't panic.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:11 PM
LMFAO....bama is one lucky team...I guess you can say the good teams make their own luck.

;)

Come on Cocks...stiffen up!:eek:

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:12 PM
I don't know about that.

Just like you didnt think SC had enough to make this game like it currently is, right?

You are relegated to the Bench young man. :P

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:14 PM
They lean towards the front runner every year is my point.

I know!

DAMN SC is taking the wood to Bama!!!

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:16 PM
LMFAO....should have taken the Points.

Yep....Stoops and Saban have been teaching each other...hehe....both FGs and neither worked.

Still love ya Stoops!

olevetonahill
10/9/2010, 05:17 PM
LMFAO....bama is one lucky team...I guess you can say the good teams make their own luck.

;)

Come on Cocks...stiffen up!:eek:

Dont worry , SS gave em a Viagra;)

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:19 PM
Dont worry , SS gave em a Viagra;)

Well played!:D

Blue
10/9/2010, 05:23 PM
oops.

Blue
10/9/2010, 05:25 PM
Wow!!

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 05:27 PM
Just like you didnt think SC had enough to make this game like it currently is, right?

You are relegated to the Bench young man. :P

Different playing styles. I would hope the game would be in Norman.

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/9/2010, 05:27 PM
Lattimore is a stud.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:29 PM
GAME, SET, MATCH!!!!

I think that all but seals the game....But I hope SC doesnt let off teh accelator like they did in the first half!

mightysooner
10/9/2010, 05:29 PM
That Alshon Jeffries kid is a stud too. Gamecocks got some athletes on this team.

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 05:30 PM
Might be an Auburn-South Carolina SEC title game.

MR2-Sooner86
10/9/2010, 05:30 PM
Can Bama score two TD's in 7:01?

silverwheels
10/9/2010, 05:34 PM
Ballgame.

OUinFLA
10/9/2010, 05:36 PM
re: the thread title................. that didn't last very long.

mightysooner
10/9/2010, 05:37 PM
No repeat for Bama.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:37 PM
re: the thread title................. that didn't last very long.

Thank you Jlew!!!!

ousooners182
10/9/2010, 05:38 PM
lmao please finish this out south carolina!

Wishboned
10/9/2010, 05:42 PM
I want SC to score again.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2010, 05:43 PM
jlew is packin the kiss of death this season

OUthunder
10/9/2010, 05:44 PM
Saban looks like someone stole his cupcake.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 05:45 PM
I got it!

Since71ASooner4Life
10/9/2010, 05:47 PM
Saban looks like someone stole his cupcake.

Saban looks like the disloyal contract jumping scumbag he is. Ditches out on Mich State, ditches out on LSU, ditches out on Miami Dolphins, and only a matter of time till he ditches out on Bama. It absolutely delights me to see anguish on his face!

oumartin
10/9/2010, 05:49 PM
so jlew. Could you please start a thread like this about Oregon, Boise State, Ohio State and others please.

sheesh. your thread looks rather foolish now :D

I like it

delhalew
10/9/2010, 05:52 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/PTRah11/GAMECOCKS/1pulp.jpg

Blue
10/9/2010, 05:55 PM

Hmmmmm....:gary:

Blue
10/9/2010, 05:56 PM
Of course it is possible, but what has happened so far this season that gives you reason to think that? Oh wait...I see where you are from. You must be a barner...

Lookin good for those "Barners". :texan:

Leroy Lizard
10/9/2010, 05:57 PM
so jlew. Could you please start a thread like this about Oregon, Boise State, Ohio State and others please.

Hey! The Man has to rest!

But a "Oregon is the best team Evar!" thread from Jlew would be pretty sweet.

Okla-homey
bammer got lucky last year. Party's over. Back to mediocrity.

It's karma. The Bear cheated too many times and payback is a beyotch.

Blue

Florida is obviously not the team they were with Tebow and I think that was demonstrated tonight. However, in terms of the talent level, they are still--BY FAR--the second best team in our league. I look forward to our rematch in the first week in December.

Auburn- S carolina in Atlanta. Calling it. ;)

oumartin
10/9/2010, 05:59 PM
Steven Garcia looks like he should be frontin' a band not playing quarterback

stoopified
10/9/2010, 06:01 PM
Thank you ballcoach

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2010, 07:20 PM
jlew is packin the kiss of death this season

He should start a thread about Oregon next :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/9/2010, 07:42 PM
Dittos #189, 190 and 195

Breadburner
10/9/2010, 07:49 PM
Is Rammer Jammer on Death Watch...????

birddog
10/9/2010, 08:50 PM
Lookin good for those "Barners". :texan:

how long til he replies? over/under at 3.5 days.

The Ghost of Mex
10/9/2010, 10:23 PM
Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Collier11
10/9/2010, 10:32 PM
I actually called this upset on my blog, just sayin!

I wasnt confident enough to make it my lock of the millennium :D

sooner ngintunr
10/9/2010, 10:39 PM
I would much rather play South Carolina and their more conventional offense than Air Force. We beat Air Force by three at home, I think we beat SC by three touchdowns at home.

someones troll. nice.

Knippz
10/10/2010, 08:22 PM
Bump, just for you jlew

agoo758
9/29/2012, 10:14 PM
Bumping this terrific thread for goingoneight!