PDA

View Full Version : How Many Runs Right Into The Pile In The 4th Q...

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 06:25 PM
...is it going to take for Kevin Wilson to realize that strategy doesn't work?

CrimsonJim
10/2/2010, 06:26 PM
Learn how to enjoy a win... :rolleyes:

sooner KB
10/2/2010, 06:32 PM
How many games are you going to have watch to come to the realization that teams need to run the clock in the fourth quarter, and that the defense knows that and stacks the box, usually resulting in a "pile"?

JLEW1818
10/2/2010, 06:33 PM
28-20 Sooners

AlbqSooner
10/2/2010, 06:34 PM

How many times you going to leave a pile of poop on the board after a win before you realize that strategy doesn't work?

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 06:35 PM
How many games are you going to have watch to come to the realization that teams need to run the clock in the fourth quarter, and that the defense knows that and stacks the box, usually resulting in a "pile"?

I know that. So why not do something a little different? Believe me I am happy about our win! However, I can see this whole not moving the ball in the 4Q coming back to bite us sometime in the future...

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:36 PM
What was our record this time last year?

CrimsonJim
10/2/2010, 06:37 PM
What is our record THIS year? :D

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 06:39 PM
How many times you going to leave a pile of poop on the board after a win before you realize that strategy doesn't work?

lol, this made me laugh

olevetonahill
These ****in Negative Nellies need to visit Bolivia Ima thinkin :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
just think OU scored 21 points in the first half. Texas scored 20 the entire game.

the second half didn't even matter.

:D

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:40 PM
What is our record THIS year? :D

Seems like I have it at 6-0!

OUthunder
10/2/2010, 06:41 PM

Neg for you, just for being negative. I think all should neg everyone that doesn't enjoy this win regardless of how we think we should have played or what should have been called.

OUinFLA
10/2/2010, 06:43 PM
ok, Ill play....

what will be our record at this time next year?

JLEW1818
okay, I'll play... what will OUr record be this time next week??? lol 5-0

StoopTroup
I'm gonna have to bow to a schedule at this point.

olevetonahill
10/2/2010, 06:44 PM
ok, Ill play....

what will be our record at this time next year?

12 an 0 what i win ?

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:44 PM
okay, I'll play... what will OUr record be this time next week??? lol 5-0

No...6-0. No way we lose to Bye or ISU. Imma callin' em both right freaking now baby!

JLEW1818
10/2/2010, 06:45 PM
No...6-0. No way we lose to Bye or ISU. Imma callin' em both right freaking now baby!

lol... we are gonna beat team bye next week???? screw them... lets kill them

but really Murray get some rest.. and let's just take to Iowa State... hehe.

olevetonahill
Neg for you, just for being negative. I think all should neg everyone that doesn't enjoy this win regardless of how we think we should have played or what should have been called.

Thunder , I agree . Lets get em . the sorry bastages ;)

OUthunder
Bye is good.

CrimsonJim
10/2/2010, 06:47 PM

To Bolivia and beyond!!

http://positiverealestateprofessionals.com/files/2009/05/buzz.jpg

Okie35
Well, I mean you can't TRY to be balanced it you don't run. Demarco still had over 100 yards :D deal w/ it.

AlbqSooner

They are like the kid watching his ice cream cone melt because he doesn't want to enjoy it. He is afraid of how sad he will feel when it is gone.:D

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 06:50 PM

Well that's your call, but I'm certainly enjoying the win! I was merely posing what I thought to be a legitimate question.

Bob even told Holly Rowe that the mistakes at the end of the game were on coaching.

Just for good measure, I'll throw this out there as an olive branch and let you neg away:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/driftkingrx8/RX8%20Pics/TexasSucks.jpg

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:52 PM
They are like the kid watching his ice cream cone melt because he doesn't want to enjoy it. He is afraid of how sad he will feel when it is gone.:D

NSFW

2JfMCBh1sJQ

sooner KB
10/2/2010, 06:52 PM
I know that. So why not do something a little different?

What would you suggest doing?

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 06:56 PM
Set Big Tex on fire.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/2/2010, 06:58 PM

did you see randall (91) in our backfield from the 2nd quarter on? the only thing you can do when you have a DT blowing up your line on every play is try to slip past him up the middle (which we did a couple of times). he owned our left side of the LOS.

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 06:59 PM
What would you suggest doing?

Well, obviously you want to keep the clock running, but you don't want to telegraph the same play at the defense.

I'm fine with a run on one or two plays, but I'm not the offensive coordinator. I would point out that the only play on our last three drives that went for more than 4 yards was a pass play on a curl route to Stills. Not coincidentally, that was our only 1st down in the last 13 minutes of the game.

If you're asking for my suggestions, I would suggest a mix of some of the runs they dialed up, and quick slants, curl routes, and bubble screens. Our receivers have proven they can get some YAC. But there's a reason why I'm not an offensive coordinator, I suppose.

We only called 2 passing plays in the last 3 drives, and one more was a busted run with miscommunication that Landry, to his credit, tried to turn into a passing play.

olevetonahill
10/2/2010, 07:00 PM
did you see randall (91) in our backfield from the 2nd quarter on? the only thing you can do when you have a DT blowing up your line on every play is try to slip past him up the middle (which we did a couple of times). he owned our left side of the LOS.

Yup . Maybe we can slip em a Mickey :)

OUthunder
10/2/2010, 07:01 PM
Thunder , I agree . Lets get em . the sorry bastages ;)

I'm a new, kinder, gentler, Thunder, but we just beat Texas...Enjoy it for one night and stop bitching.

Think of me as Dean with a neg hammer and a drunk, bad attitude tonight.

Just remember...in the end these are college kids, still learning and just now learning to become men. Think of that before you criticize. Plus, I doubt very seriously that the coaches call plays to put us in a position not to succeed.

Wise up or become an Okie State fan. Now, all of you negative mutherfukkers get drunk and be happy.

BOOMER SOONER!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/2/2010, 07:01 PM
Well, obviously you want to keep the clock running, but you don't want to telegraph the same play at the defense.

I'm fine with a run on one or two plays, but I'm not the offensive coordinator. I would point out that the only play on our last three drives that went for more than 4 yards was a pass play on a curl route to Stills. Not coincidentally, that was our only 1st down in the last 13 minutes of the game.

If you're asking for my suggestions, I would suggest a mix of some of the runs they dialed up, and quick slants, curl routes, and bubble screens. Our receivers have proven they can get some YAC. But there's a reason why I'm not an offensive coordinator, I suppose.

We only called 2 passing plays in the last 3 drives, and one more was a busted run with miscommunication that Landry, to his credit, tried to turn into a passing play.

i seem to remember demarco murray busting a 13 yard run up the gut right after landry's fiasco.

noobalicious
10/2/2010, 07:02 PM
i seem to remember demarco murray busting a 13 yard run up the gut right after landry's fiasco.

3rd and 24 at OKLA 6 DeMarco Murray rush for 17 yards to the Okla 23.

Ah, you are correct. So it was one of only 2 plays that went for more than 4 yards, and the only one that got a first down.

OUthunder
10/2/2010, 07:02 PM

That was the difference between kicking out of the endzone and the 6 yard line. Tough run.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/2/2010, 07:15 PM
Ah, you are correct. So it was one of only 2 plays that went for more than 4 yards, and the only one that got a first down.

This crap cracks me up.

QUIT RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE KEVIN WILSON IS T3H DUMBZ!!!111one

How do you do it different?

SUM OF WHUT WE DIDZ BUT DIFFURNT!!!!111one

Different, as in successful? HOW, Lombardi? I'll tell you how.

Less Ace. More I. However, we threw the ball out of the Ace set and I can understand the logic of wanting to keep the look generic to hit the playaction. Remember the 2 sets of two plays from Ace, the two sets that went tiered flats from play pass right for big gainer immediately followed by that same look left for TDs? I do, too. So even though running the ball from the I was more successful today with big Trey Millard getting downhill looks to set and seal the cracks for Murray and Madu, the premise of trying to keep it in Ace simply makes sense.

Especially since, believe it or not, it hit on occasion. Give the texass front 4 some credit, too. The tackles made some plays today.

tulsaoilerfan
10/2/2010, 08:54 PM

Im not sure he was blocked the whole game was he?

TXBOOMER
10/2/2010, 09:08 PM
As far as I am concerned OU played a perfect game today. When the clock read 00:00 we had 28 and texass had 20. F an A!

stoopified
10/2/2010, 09:12 PM
...is it going to take for Kevin Wilson to realize that strategy doesn't work?He is implementing Bob's run the clock out in he second half offense.It is real aimlar to the 4 corners offense in basketball.Get the lead,milk the clock.Trust me,KW is following orders.

ousooners182
10/3/2010, 11:10 PM

ISU doesnt have a shot..
but bye this week...if we keep screwing up in the 4th qtr bye could really get us. :mad:

Collier11
10/3/2010, 11:15 PM
I seem to remember Demarco going for over 100 and 2 tds against a top 10 run D

CrimsonJim
10/3/2010, 11:16 PM
Hmmm, you too? How could we BOTH be SO wrong? :confused:

Collier11
10/3/2010, 11:17 PM
also, if you take out sacks we ran for 186 yards yesterday, against that same top 10 run D.

cyclonesooner
10/3/2010, 11:18 PM
Through my binoculars at the game, it appeared our line blocking scheme is " don't block the Lbers, the running back will make them miss."

Collier11
10/3/2010, 11:25 PM
Thats pretty much how it works unless the LBers are blitzing

agoo758
10/3/2010, 11:30 PM

SoonerPr8r
10/4/2010, 12:47 AM
If you run the clock will run even if the runner is stuffed in the line. If you throw you could have an incompletion stop the clock and gain 0 yards. Even if a completion is made it is likely the WR will go out of bounds stopping the clock. Too many things can go wrong.

"There are 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are bad."

trpltongue
10/4/2010, 07:48 AM
One thing I noticed was that when we were running out of the I and Millard was in, Murray often times didn't follow him through the hole. There were a couple of times that I distinctly remember in the second half where Millard cut an amazing hole through the line and knocked the **** out of a linebacker 5yds downfield only to see Murray running the opposite direction right into the back of a lineman.

I am definitely not criticizing Murray because he's a ton of fun to watch, but I just have to wonder if he's not seeing / trusting the holes to open up and is trying to find an alternate route inside the tackles?

MamaMia
10/4/2010, 08:21 AM
I know that. So why not do something a little different? Believe me I am happy about our win! However, I can see this whole not moving the ball in the 4Q coming back to bite us sometime in the future... We're saving some of the other plays we have for when we need them, plus that "running into the pile play" tells us a lot about the team we're up against. Its a research play. :)