PDA

View Full Version : At least Skip IS consistent

stoopified
10/2/2010, 10:19 AM
Baylees once more did his I'm from Oklahoma and am a lifelong Sooner bit.Also true to form hepicked against OU.He says GG will make a play in the 4th quarter to lead the Orange Cows to the win.Two things make me laugh about this- 1) Despite his protestations to the contrary ,Skip's diddain fo all things OU is obvious.,2) Skip is the only national so-called expert who has picked UT to win.This suggests either Skip is an idiot or a genuis.History would lead a sane person to lean toward IDIOT.

PDXsooner
10/2/2010, 10:29 AM
I don't get why picking against someone gets people all riled up. If you're a commentator you pick who you think will win, not who you like, right? I mean, why is that such a big deal?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/2/2010, 10:29 AM
It's a win-win for him. Either he's right or his favorite team wins.

sooner ngintunr
10/2/2010, 10:32 AM
It's a win-win for him. Either he's right or his favorite team wins.

yep, he learned that earlier this year when he picked FSU to win.

JLEW1818
10/2/2010, 10:45 AM
Skip goes out on a lot of limbs. When he is correct, he looks great. When he is wrong, nobody remembers.

Flagstaffsooner
10/2/2010, 10:46 AM
Skippy is a total ahole.

olevetonahill
10/2/2010, 11:13 AM
Where Yall here him ?

PhilTLL
10/2/2010, 11:35 AM
Two things make me laugh about this- 1) Despite his protestations to the contrary ,Skip's diddain fo all things OU is obvious.,

:rolleyes:

Yeah! If you say you like a school but never pick them, you must secretly hate them! This is not hard: the reason Skip doesn't constantly tout OU is to avoid the stigma of naked fandom. How many major media figures can you name who always and openly root/pick for one team? Especially one of the top 10 programs of all time.

badger
10/2/2010, 11:36 AM
Skip Bayless prefacing his OU bashing with "I'm from Oklahoma and a lifelong Sooner fan" is like a lawyer prefacing his judge-bashing with the phrase "With all due respect." It's the equivalent of saying "eff you." :mad:

He needs to knock it off. He might be from Oklahoma, but that does not make him a lifelong Sooner fan, no matter how many times he says it

JLEW1818
10/2/2010, 11:37 AM
he has had his moments. Been 100% correct on all Lebron failures.

the bad?

he predicted Tech to win in 2008 against us.

Dan Thompson
10/2/2010, 11:40 AM
Or maybe you pick the team that will create the most e-mails and phone calls so you can show your sponsor how large an audiance you have.

tnraider1
10/2/2010, 11:40 AM
:rolleyes:

Yeah! If you say you like a school but never pick them, you must secretly hate them! This is not hard: the reason Skip doesn't constantly tout OU is to avoid the stigma of naked fandom. How many major media figures can you name who always and openly root/pick for one team? Especially one of the top 10 programs of all time.

Lou Holltz blows so much smoke up ND's butt, it's rediculous. There are others, but he is by far the worst about doing this. Skip is a schmuck!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2010, 12:02 PM
Lou Holltz blows so much smoke up ND's butt, it's rediculous. There are others, but he is by far the worst about doing this. Skip is a schmuck!!!

Yeah, but Lou does it with a wink - it's just a schtick.

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 12:15 PM
megadoosh.

stoopified
10/2/2010, 09:25 PM
I don't get why picking against someone gets people all riled up. If you're a commentator you pick who you think will win, not who you like, right? I mean, why is that such a big deal?It has nothing to do with who he picks,never has.The fact is every time anything or anyone related to OU is discussed he not picks against OU BUT insists on slamming OU in the process.The part that pi$$es me off is that obviousely if you watch and listen to him he actually hates OU and has an ax to grind.This is the same Skip Bayless who feuded with Barry while he(Skip) was writing for the DMN.He constantly wrote crap about Barry and OU and age hasn't mellowed him,in fact it seems to have further embittered him.The fact that Skipper constantly blathers on about being from Oklahoma and a lifelong Sooner fan is an insult to true Sooner fans. In any case he must really like crow.

Austin1
10/2/2010, 09:59 PM
Skip is a d-bag. A "life-long Sooner fan" would not refer to this weekend's game as Texas/OU over and over again on ESPN instead of OU/Texas....this is basic for a true Sooner fan!