PDA

View Full Version : Whats on the line tomorrow in the world of CFB-The big games

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:03 AM
Big 12
If OU wins we have an inside track to the Big 12 South title and are still alive for a natl title

ut has to win to have any shot at a BCS game, if they do win :eek: they will nearly have the south locked up IMO at 2-0

KU vs Baylor- If Baylor wins they will be 4-1 and that much closer to finally getting back to a bowl game

ACC
Miami at Clemson- Miami can legitimize their-selves as an ACC front runner, Clemson can put themselves in the picture as a ACC front runner

Va Tech at NC St- Two teams trying to prove they are for real, was Va Tech against Boise the real Va Tech or was their game against James Madison the real Va Tech? If Va Tech wins they are an ACC front runner again. If NC State wins, they can legitimize their 4-0 record

Big East

A bunch of crap this week

Big Ten

Michigan vs Indiana- A game that Michigan MUST win to prove that they are making true progress under Rich Rod

Wisconsin at Mich St- Winner remains undefeated, gets upper leg to compete for Big Ten title with Ohio St

Penn St at Iowa- Iowa came into the season as a natl title contender, Penn St is starting a true fresh. If penn st wins, they could prove to be really dangerous later on in the year, if Iowa wins they can prove their worth as a top 20 type team

Pac 10
Arizona st at Oregon st- Both came into this season with high expectations and both have played a decent schedule, the loser has 3 losses

UW at USC- UW upset USC last year so its a redemption game. Can Jake Locker get back on track and prove he is a top 5 QB, can Sarkisian continue to improve a dreadful UW team, can USC stay undefeated under Kiffin

Stanford at Oregon- Two top 10 teams, Oregon trying to get revenge for a loss to Stanford last year. Winner has to be a natl title front runner

SEC

Tenn at LSU- Lester is 4-0, Tenn is trying to recover their prestige under Dooley. This would be a bad loss for Les and a great win for Dooley

Georgia at Colorado- Losers coach is in big time trouble

Florida at Bama- Quite clear, winner is likely front runner for spot in natl title game, loser will be trying to get back to conf title game for rematch

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 02:09 AM
Big 12

Big East

A bunch of crap EVERY week
[B]

FIFY

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:11 AM
Heh

oudavid1
10/2/2010, 02:11 AM
If Tennessee and OU win tomorrow it would be amazing. Along with Stanford and Florida.

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 02:12 AM
Go crappy teams!!!!!! Knock some people off!

oudavid1
10/2/2010, 02:15 AM
Go crappy teams!!!!!! Knock some people off!

YEAH BABY!!!!

agoo758
10/2/2010, 02:29 AM
KU vs Baylor: I liked KU's hiring of Turner Gill as he has a reputation of taking a nonexistent Buffalo team and giving them respectability. Of course, many people on here disagreed and called me clueless, well so far, you guys appear to be proving me right.:mad: That being said, KU does have a win over a Georgia Tech team and I think Baylor is getting a little too much credit, Kansas wins.

Va Tech vs NC State: Va tech has been disappointing.... again, while NC State has looked surprisingly very good, especially from what I saw last week. Nc state wins.

Michigan vs Indiana: I think Rich Rod's 4-0 team is for real, and I doubt that after making winners out of Glenville State and West Virginia, he has completely forgotten how to coach. Although I do like Bill Lynch and what he has done for the Hoosiers, Mich Wins.

Wisconsin vs Michigan State: Havn't really seen Mich State this year, but Wisconsin may be the most underrated team in the country, certainly in the big ten. Wisconsin wins.

Stanford vs Oregon: Call me crazy, but I think there is a good chance Oregon doesn't win the Pac-10 this year. Plenty of competition, and Standford is part of it. Harbaugh has pulled off more unlikely upsets than this (see 2007 at USUCK). I'll take a chance and go with Stanford on this one.

Tenn vs LSU: Les Miles is the Role model of an under-achieving aggie, while I think dooley has gotten his volunteers to play at a satisfactory level at this point in his coaching tenure . Tennessee wins, ol' lester is fired, and he starts a cheese-wiz business in huntington, west virginia.

Mississippi Sooner
10/2/2010, 04:06 AM
It's kinda weird, but down here in Bama's back yard there really isn't too much buzz about the Bama-Florida game. There was a guy on Paul Finebaum's show today saying he thinks it's because everyone assumes the two will just be meeting again in the CCG.

Heh, I may be crazy, but I still don't think that's a foregone conclusion.

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 04:13 AM
Me either, but I honestly figure Bama's gonna be on them like tebow on a foreskin.