PDA

View Full Version : How is your HS doing?

Collier11
10/2/2010, 01:47 AM
Not OU football but its football dammit and something to keep us busy for the rest of the night.

My HS for those of you who dont know is Watonga, we are a Class 2A HS in Oklahoma.

We lost to the eventual state champion last year in the quarterfinals but got revenge against that same team this year in week 4.

Currently we are 4-1 with our only loss being a 35-26 loss to Class 3A #7 Kingfisher. We beat OCS (Blake Griffins HS) tonight 30-6

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 01:53 AM
Dunno and honestly don't give a crap. I never liked any of those people anyway.

yankee
10/2/2010, 01:57 AM
THE Southlake Carroll High School.

Bit of a down year this season. Don't know if any of you guys heard about the story of Daxx Garman transferring from Jones, Oklahoma to Carroll. Anyway, he was ruled ineligible 3 days before the season opener due to some shady reporting. Ineligible is ineligible, but the way it was handled stirred up quite the controversy. Anyway, we've had to turn to 2 unproven QB's...currently have a very talented Sophomore starting, but he's still a sophomore. Our record sits at 4-1. One of our Junior outside linebackers was at the Air Force game. Was one of 15 players (and like 9 of them were current seniors in HS who have already committed to OU) who was basically wined and dined by the OU staff. Would love to see him come up and play for the Sooners, he's a beast.

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:05 AM
Ive heard of the story but never really followed it much. Whats crazy is Jones is a 2A school in Oklahoma, pretty small. The fact that he is good enough to play at SLC is pretty impressive.

In other related news, Dodge is a surprising (to me anyway) complete failure at North Texas

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 02:06 AM
So I looked anyway...

They suck. Like usual. 2-2. I think the La Grange Leopards have had 2 good seasons ever, a state championship when they had the Johnson Brothers way back in the 70s (and f those guys, both suckhorns, neighbors or not) and they also came close when that dooshnozzle spoiled brat Tye Gunn played there before going to college at TCU.

yankee
10/2/2010, 02:09 AM
Ive heard of the story but never really followed it much. Whats crazy is Jones is a 2A school in Oklahoma, pretty small. The fact that he is good enough to play at SLC is pretty impressive.

In other related news, Dodge is a surprising (to me anyway) complete failure at North Texas

Well we had a big void at QB coming into this season, so it's not a surprise he was able to get the job. He's talented enough, as he's committed to play for Mike Stoops at Arizona.

As for Dodge...he's down to the 3rd string QB this season, and has lost 6 other starters due to injury this year. This was definitely the year he was supposed to break through...now, it's probably going to be his last unless he pulls a miracle of a coaching job any coach would be proud of.

oudavid1
10/2/2010, 02:11 AM
Putnam North, 2-3
could have one the game on the one yard line but ran 3 straight plays out of shotgun and on 4th down ran it out of shotgun on the 1 and lost.

Dosnt surprise me.

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2010, 02:14 AM

This.

I haven't heard nary a word about my HS team in probably 20 years. I think they won the state title then, but not sure.

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:16 AM
Its really weird for me, being 29 now, I am finally to a point where I hardly know any of the kids playing. Most were barely in 1st grade when I was a SR :eek:

yankee
10/2/2010, 02:16 AM
I still follow my high school team religiously, almost as much as the Sooners. Friday night high school football in Texas is one of a kind. <3

oudavid1
10/2/2010, 02:20 AM
This.

I haven't heard nary a word about my HS team in probably 20 years. I think they won the state title then, but not sure.

Its really weird for me, being 29 now, I am finally to a point where I hardly know any of the kids playing. Most were barely in 1st grade when I was a SR :eek:

I still follow my high school team religiously, almost as much as the Sooners. Friday night high school football in Texas is one of a kind. <3

alot of guys i knew still play of course cause i just graduated in May, but to give you an idea about how much i really liked it, i never cared when we lost when i was a player. Now i just keep in touch with old friends.

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:23 AM
I follow my old HS pretty hard core in that I get home on Fridays and check if they won or lost, I still care about all of that. Last yr when we made it to state for the 1st time since the early 90s in bball I went to the regional finals and the state semis, 1st Watonga bball games ive been to since 05 probably.

I go to about 1 game every two years in football

oudavid1
10/2/2010, 02:27 AM
wait you went to Tonga?

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:29 AM
Yep

oudavid1
10/2/2010, 02:32 AM
well then i can see why you are so upidy about them. Small schools have loyal fans.

Collier11
10/2/2010, 02:34 AM
I wouldnt say uppity, but I am loyal to my HS. When have I ever acted uppity?

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2010, 02:44 AM
This man cares:

http://www.80stees.com/images/Halloween_Costumes/Al_Bundy_Polk_High_costume-link.jpg

ccmike9
10/2/2010, 04:05 AM
Lol, well if you must ask, my high school team is undefeated so far, and the defending state champs in Michigan

CrimsonRez
10/2/2010, 11:21 AM
believe it or not the Yukon Millers are 4-1...been a hot minute since that has happened.

Dan Thompson
10/2/2010, 11:43 AM
So far this year, they have imported 32 tons of drugs and only 12 have been caught.

When you go to High School in a border town, like DOUGLAS ARIZONA, you know why Arizona needs those gun laws.

setem
10/2/2010, 11:45 AM
Bentonville High School, Bentonville Arkansas 5-0 and still going strong. Defending 7A State Champs. I do not follow them much anymore though.

We-TownSooner
10/2/2010, 11:49 AM
Seminole is 3-2 think they lost the last two weeks by one point

Joe
10/2/2010, 12:34 PM

Ditto

Blue
10/2/2010, 12:52 PM
Daphne, Al Trojans are 6-0 in 6A and ranked #3 in alabama behind Hoover and Vestavia Hills.

Flagstaffsooner
10/2/2010, 01:00 PM
Undefeated. And no way will I tell you where I went.

goingoneight
10/2/2010, 01:04 PM
Broken Arrow... the Texas A&M of high schools in America. They might have a championship sometime in the long long ago, but much like me and the status of my alma mater, nobody gives a shat to look it up.