PDA

View Full Version : A Word of Warning

Sooner04
10/1/2010, 02:31 PM
A good friend of my wife's called today with a word of warning. He works for the TRE (Trinity Railway Express). That's the heavy line that runs between Dallas and Fort Worth amongst other places. He basically told her to not listen to the rubbish DART has been posting about how good their practice runs have gone in preparation of tomorrow's game.

According to him, each test run has been an unmitigated disaster.

We drive to the Cotton Bowl, and have not messed with anything DART-related in years. But his advice to her was, WHATEVER YOU DO, drive to the Fair.

Good luck and safe travels to everyone.

Your friend,
Sooner04

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 02:35 PM
That's what most have been saying all along and in the other thread that was on Dart. Don't listen to them, it's a trap by those dumb *** texans to get you to miss the game. BTW, how do they do a test run of the train to see if it can carry that amount of people if they only have that many people on it once a year for the game?

SoonerPr8r
10/1/2010, 02:39 PM
http://holycrapthatsfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 02:44 PM
I really just put that in my post cause I like seeing all the Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap" pictures...

sooner59
10/1/2010, 02:46 PM
I had zero problems getting to the game last year. My problems were leaving the fair. Of course we parked at a station further north and took it down.

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 02:47 PM
I had zero problems getting to the game last year. My problems were leaving the fair. Of course we parked at a station further norh and took it down.

All I know is that I made it just fine driving to the fair everytime I've gone. It's just not my style to put the fate of me seeing the game into someone else's hands like that.

auto
10/1/2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah after cluster**** last year, DART can sell any load of BS they want, I and most others will not be buying. Car Service for me.

tfoolry
10/1/2010, 03:09 PM
They only increased capacity by 10% this year compared to last & can only handle 7,500 passengers/hr. (at best).

sooner59
10/1/2010, 03:15 PM
They only increased capacity by 10% this year compared to last & can only handle 7,500 passengers/hr. (at best).

Shiiiiiiiit....I bet we had 7,500 passangers just on the train that I was on last year. We aren't talking seats. We are talking how many clowns fit in the little car bit.

KantoSooner
10/1/2010, 03:29 PM
I've never understood why they bother with such miniscule capacity. The secondary subway line I lived on in Japan handled 5,200 people per train....and ran a train every 3 minutes at rush hour. Commuter trains are not rocket science; but are apparently beyond Dallas.

SoonR4Life
10/1/2010, 03:45 PM
I was looking into taking DART to the game. Im glad I read this post!

I was wondering if the parking is outrageous. Can someone please verify if the parking is more than $15

Thanks in advance

Collier11
10/1/2010, 03:49 PM
yet another reason why dallas sucks as a town

Mile High Sooner
10/1/2010, 05:47 PM
Denver has a nice RTD system. The Light Rail wil get you in to and out of Downtown (Rockies), Mile High, and the Pepsi Center (Nugs & Avs) with no problem at all.
Just don't be in a hurry.

prrriiide
10/2/2010, 12:26 PM
We are talking how many clowns fit in the little car bit.

Paging Mr. Duggar...party of 22...

TMcGee86
10/2/2010, 12:41 PM
same thing happened to us in Houston last week for the Cowboys-Texans game.

Tried to take the Metro rail to the game and it was a nightmare. Trains were so full you couldn't even open the doors at the stops. People just had to stand there for hours and wait for empty trains that never came.

We were lucky in that we were only 2 miles from the stadium so we walked it, but I can't imagine being stuck somewhere a long ways from Fair Park and just seeing packed train after packed train and watching the hours pass with no other option.

I agree, don't risk it. Plus everyone so far has said that the traffic has been the lightest in years so far.

GrapevineSooner
10/2/2010, 01:13 PM
Weird.

I've used the TRE twice to go to Stars games and never had an issue.

Granted, there's a difference between using it to travel to a venue that seats 20,000 versus over 80,000 for OU-Texas.

Still...