PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on the experience

yukonmiller
10/1/2010, 02:04 PM
Taking my son to his 1st OU/TX game. Want to take in everything we can. (He is 15 so a little limited). What should we not miss tonight? Tomorrow?

Thinking player entrance, band entrance? What else?

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2010, 02:04 PM
Smuggle in a ton of booze in your belly.

tfoolry
10/1/2010, 02:28 PM
Take him to Lew Sterrett around midnight tonight; much better than any episode of Cops.

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 02:32 PM
I don't know, all I can remember from my first OU-TX weekend was drinking. And I can barely remember that...

fadada1
10/1/2010, 02:44 PM
does he know how to cuss?

because he will after tomorrow.

THA RO SOONER
10/1/2010, 03:24 PM
Wish I could give a more positive answer. My daughter has been going to the home games with us since she was two (not every one but at least one a year). She is about to be 13 and there is NO WAY I would take her to OU-Texas. Unfortunately a lot of obnoxious fans on both sides. It certainly isn't because she is sheltered in any way - I just don't want her to think that kind of fan or sportsmanship is acceptable (fyi - I hijacked my husband's log in and I'm sure he would NOT agree with my opinion LOL)

SoonerAtKU
10/1/2010, 03:38 PM
I almost got lit on fire in the West End at my first OU/TX game. I had an OU flag in my hand and a puke-wet Horn tried to burn it with his lighter. Thankfully, a group of his friends and a few kind Sooner fans picked him up and deposited him by the police barricades.