PDA

View Full Version : Another meanie with OU ties

cccasooner2
10/1/2010, 12:29 PM
http://arizona.scout.com/2/1007376.html

:pop:

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 12:33 PM
He's done a good job out there. I like seeing all former OU coaches/players do well.

badger
10/1/2010, 12:39 PM
I really hope that Mikey doesn't become a pawn like other past meanies have when they have one off-season.

Mike Leach doesn't challenge Texas for the Big 12 South two years in a row? Can his arse.

Mark Mangino not taking to you an Orange Bowl (or any bowl) this year? Fired!

Jim Leavitt doesn't have South Florida ranked? Give him the boot!

Those three (and four if Mikey becomes a pawn) should all join forces at a program like North Texas (the MEAN green, lol) and show the country exactly what angry coaches accomplish? Think adding a few f-bombs to a sentence won't motivate a kid more than a few hugs? Look at how well KU and UT did last week :D

olevetonahill
10/1/2010, 12:44 PM
The School itself is very happy with Mike To the point they have extended his contract. This is just a handful of Fans who need something to Bitch about , Sound Familiar?

AZSOONER
10/1/2010, 12:45 PM
When Bob retires I want Mike back. I miss his Defense.

agoo758
10/1/2010, 12:45 PM
The thing about Mike Stoops is that although he yells a lot, he is fair in what he says, and he never gets personal, if you have those characteristics, there is nothing wrong with the way you conduct yourself.

Boomer Mooner
10/1/2010, 01:27 PM
I thought I was going to come to blows with a Tech fan at cigar store in Katy, TX the other day. He was whining about losing to Texas and I said they should never have let Leach go. Dip**** came unglued. It probably didn't help when I told him they have no chance of EVER being ranked #1 again...

If Leach doesn't catch a head coaching job this next season I'm going to owe that dip**** a cigar too.

SoonerAtKU
10/1/2010, 01:36 PM
Umm, didn't all three of those guys get canned partially or wholly because of perceived "abusive" behavior towards an athlete?

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2010, 01:42 PM
Anyone bitching about Mike's sideline conduct is a giant pansy.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 02:34 PM
Umm, didn't all three of those guys get canned partially or wholly because of perceived "abusive" behavior towards an athlete?

Mike yells a lot, but I haven't seen anything I would categorize as abuse. I doubt the players take his bluster personally. (Note the contrast with Mangino, who was accused of dishing out very personal attacks on players. I haven't seen anything like that from Mike.)

Frozen Sooner
10/1/2010, 03:15 PM
I really hope that Mikey doesn't become a pawn like other past meanies have when they have one off-season.

Mike Leach doesn't challenge Texas for the Big 12 South two years in a row? Can his arse.

Mark Mangino not taking to you an Orange Bowl (or any bowl) this year? Fired!

Jim Leavitt doesn't have South Florida ranked? Give him the boot!

Those three (and four if Mikey becomes a pawn) should all join forces at a program like North Texas (the MEAN green, lol) and show the country exactly what angry coaches accomplish? Think adding a few f-bombs to a sentence won't motivate a kid more than a few hugs? Look at how well KU and UT did last week :D

YEAH! And Howard! That guy was MEAN, and being MEAN to your players for no good goddamn reason gets RESULTS!

SoonerAtKU
10/1/2010, 03:35 PM
Mike yells a lot, but I haven't seen anything I would categorize as abuse. I doubt the players take his bluster personally. (Note the contrast with Mangino, who was accused of dishing out very personal attacks on players. I haven't seen anything like that from Mike.)

That's my point. Mike is a fiery guy, and you know what you get with him, whereas the others seemed to cross lines at times. That's what got them fired, not yelling and throwing headsets.

olevetonahill
10/1/2010, 03:39 PM
YEAH! And Howard! That guy was MEAN, and being MEAN to your players for no good goddamn reason gets RESULTS!

:confused:

Frozen Sooner
10/1/2010, 03:54 PM
:confused:

Heh. Not you. While you might deny players water at practice, it'd only be because they were thirsty, not dirty. OVJ for all!

cccasooner2
10/1/2010, 03:54 PM

Ref to Smelly?

Frozen Sooner
10/1/2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of the player-coddling that some recent disciplinary actions against coach seems to be encouraging. On the other hand, just because you're a dick doesn't mean you're a good coach.

olevetonahill
10/1/2010, 04:01 PM
Heh. Not you. While you might deny players water at practice, it'd only be because they were thirsty, not dirty. OVJ for all!

;)

badger
10/1/2010, 05:28 PM

Well, dude did win at Miami even if he couldn't write new record books at OU :P

PLaw
10/1/2010, 05:34 PM

Yeah, and don't forget about Woody and Bear.

BOOMER

Frozen Sooner
10/1/2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah, and don't forget about Woody and Bear.

BOOMER

Dude, I live in Tuscaloosa. I'm not likely to forget about Bear Bryant anytime soon. I drive down a street named after the man daily.

stoopified
10/1/2010, 07:52 PM
That would be what the MEANIE reference is all about.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of the player-coddling that some recent disciplinary actions against coach seems to be encouraging. On the other hand, just because you're a dick doesn't mean you're a good coach.

Not sure what you mean by coddling. But if you can win and still treat players with respect, then why wouldn't you?

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2010, 12:13 AM
Not sure what you mean by coddling. But if you can win and still treat players with respect, then why wouldn't you?

Why indeed. I agree completely.

picasso
10/2/2010, 01:11 AM
I thought I was going to come to blows with a Tech fan at cigar store in Katy, TX the other day. He was whining about losing to Texas and I said they should never have let Leach go. Dip**** came unglued. It probably didn't help when I told him they have no chance of EVER being ranked #1 again...

If Leach doesn't catch a head coaching job this next season I'm going to owe that dip**** a cigar too.

They're worse than UT fans.

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2010, 01:19 AM
Why indeed. I agree completely.

You may want to avoid reading any PM messages for awhile.

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 01:28 AM
He's got his spek disabled, so he's safe despite comingling with Lizards.

olevetonahill
10/2/2010, 04:28 AM
He's got his spek disabled, so he's safe despite comingling with Lizards.

But Limptard aint :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2010, 04:44 AM
LOL

Problem is he loves being red. Almost as much as lid likes being a dooshtard. Or the way one star loves being an a$$hole.