PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James - Getting Bad Advice or Just Dumb??

Soonerwake
10/1/2010, 10:00 AM
I find it interesting that even one of the biggest race card carriers in the media isn't behind him on this one.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-should-put-away-the-race-card-and-just-apologize-093010

Claiming racism might win LeBron the respect of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the folks at ESPN who concocted and participated in The Decision, but all it does in the rest of America is once again illustrate that Team James is in over its head.

NormanPride
10/1/2010, 10:38 AM
Seeing Jason Whitlock bash someone for playing the race card makes me smile in that "I'm just waiting for the puke to settle" way.

sooner59
10/1/2010, 11:29 AM
I didn't lose any respect for Lebron for going to Miami. His choice. Hell I would rather live there than Cleveland, too. This, however, made me lose a ton of respect for him. What a tool. Such a copout.

badger
10/1/2010, 12:21 PM
Race is probably a very, very, minor sliver of a factor in everyone's decision to suddenly hate Lebron. Other much more prominent factors include:

1- Spending an hour ripping the hearts out of your home state team's fans.

2- Being a young millionaire

3- Being cocky and arrogant

4- Playing for team that most sports fans are not fans of

5- Playing the race card

Yeah, I think people hate Bron more for playing the race card than the actual fact that he is a different race. But, whatever. His mouth, his money, his life.

OhU1
10/1/2010, 12:40 PM
Dumb. Never went to college and probably didn't have to do anything in high school either.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/1/2010, 01:02 PM
If Larry Bird left Boston to go play with Magic in L.A. in 1983, I can tell you they would have burned Larry Bird Effigies in the streets of Boston. They wouldn't have done it because he was "white" but because they would have seen him as a traitorous toe rag.

sooner59
10/1/2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah but that is the biggest rivalry in bball. Cleveland and Miami aren't like that. I see why they are upset in Cleveland but it's more like Bird going to Portland to play with Drexler if Portland had South Beach. But this race card stuff is dumb.

Howzit
10/1/2010, 01:23 PM
Must it be an either/or?

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:38 PM
Listening to the interview, it really wasnt as bad as some people are making it out to be. He was asked if it was possible that race played a factor in the backlash and he said something to the effect of, "im sure it could, race plays a part in most things"

Its not like he was out n out accusing people of playing the race card.

Having said that, he gets a lot of bad advice here lately

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2010, 01:54 PM
Dude's dumb either way.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 03:42 PM
rich too :D

TUSooner
10/1/2010, 04:40 PM
Race is probably a very, very, minor sliver of a factor in everyone's decision to suddenly hate Lebron. Other much more prominent factors include:

1- Spending an hour ripping the hearts out of your home state team's fans.

2- Being a young millionaire

3- Being cocky and arrogant

4- Playing for team that most sports fans are not fans of

5- Playing the race card

Yeah, I think people hate Bron more for playing the race card than the actual fact that he is a different race. But, whatever. His mouth, his money, his life.

This should be posted on page one of every sports website in the world.

King Crimson
10/1/2010, 08:59 PM
dumb. but not as vapid as Carmelo Anthony. more and more, i thought it was a cheap shot at the time, but i'm starting to think YoYo Szendrei had the right idea.