PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Me a book..

royalfan5
10/1/2010, 08:56 AM
So I've been exploring the History of commercial aviation as part of an effort to get rid of my distaste for flying. Do any of you know a good book on the subject?

Veritas
10/1/2010, 09:28 AM
North Star Over My Shoulder
http://www.amazon.com/North-Star-over-My-Shoulder/dp/0743219643

Effing awesome.

olevetonahill
10/1/2010, 11:06 AM
You talkin Flying Commercial or Private?
If private go to the airport and get some one to take you up
You will love it

royalfan5
10/1/2010, 11:58 AM
You talkin Flying Commercial or Private?
If private go to the airport and get some one to take you up
You will love it

Commericial mostly. Small airplanes don't have much appeal to me, mostly because I love driving, and small planes damn near orphaned me.

olevetonahill
10/1/2010, 12:05 PM
Commericial mostly. Small airplanes don't have much appeal to me, mostly because I love driving, and small planes damn near orphaned me.

:eek: Bummer. In the years I was flying I had a coupla close calls , But nothing Major.

Flying Private plane really is safer than driving tho .Ya just got to NOT take any chances .
I learned to keep it on the ground if there was any doubt .

royalfan5
10/1/2010, 12:26 PM
:eek: Bummer. In the years I was flying I had a coupla close calls , But nothing Major.

Flying Private plane really is safer than driving tho .Ya just got to NOT take any chances .
I learned to keep it on the ground if there was any doubt .

When my Dad was fightning cancer, him and my Mom got flown out to Indianapolis to try an experimental treatment, and got caught in a serious thunderstorm over Illinois. That whole story really soured me on small planes. I don't doubt the safety issue on driving vs. flying, but when I was little my Grandpa took me all over creation on drives, and that cemented my love for driving places if at all possible.

olevetonahill
10/1/2010, 12:51 PM
Yup Small planes and Thunderstorms dont mix worth a **** ;)
If its bad weather Keep that Bird tied down