PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh How Society Fails... Another Michael Oher Story

sooner59
9/30/2010, 01:57 PM
Not like this kid is NFL material, but you would think we could have better policies in place. Or at least have common sense/decency to find an alternative solution before giving out penalties.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Florida-coach-suspended-for-taking-in-homeless-p?urn=highschool-273393

Collier11
9/30/2010, 02:05 PM
People in power rarely have the ability to look at the intent of the law...not every rule or law is black n white

Mississippi Sooner
9/30/2010, 02:09 PM
Going across the state to pick up a blue chip kid and arranging for a job for his dad is wrong, naturally. Giving a homeless a kid a roof over his head and food to eat is not.

The lack of common sense we, as a society, sometimes show is mind boggling.

TahoeSOONER
9/30/2010, 02:10 PM
This should keep coaches on the sidelines and not out stalking young tubby homeless kids with 4.4 speed.

yermom
9/30/2010, 02:12 PM
well, it would be pretty easy to get some really talented kids' parents to "kick him out" and cause a situation like this.

but really, if we are talking about a kid with nowhere to go, giving him a place to stay shouldn't really become an issue because of something like this. we are talking about a kid's safety.

now if we were talking about a coach running a boarding house and hosting a bunch of kids all the time that happen to be Reggie Bush talented, then yeah, it's probably not a good idea

any why would they suspend him as a teacher too? that seems weird.

Mississippi Sooner
9/30/2010, 02:18 PM
And you know, they even pointed out that the coach only makes about $3,800 above his regular teacher's salary to be the coach. It's not like he has a lot of money to be spending on extra house guests, I'm sure.

Now, if you did have a coach who seemed to be taking in a lot of "homeless" kids, and especially if those kids were really good at sports, then that would absolutely call for an investigation.

GKeeper316
9/30/2010, 03:08 PM
i remember this part in the blind side, when the ncaa investigator was explaining to sandra bullock's hot *** why they were there and that the ncaa was trying to determine if boosters were finding homeless kids and steering them towards the booster's school of choice... i was like "**** we could only hope every booster did that"

god forbid people help those less fortunate who are totally incapable of helping themselves. and in michael oher's case i dont think anybody could argue that he was capable of helping himself.

i understand the need for these kinds of rules, but if the respective authorities in charge (ncaa/fhsaa) are going to be so callous and unfeeling in regards to homeless kids, then maybe they need to re-examine why it is exactly they exist in the first place.

KantoSooner
9/30/2010, 03:22 PM
i understand the need for these kinds of rules, but if the respective authorities in charge (ncaa/fhsaa) are going to be so callous and unfeeling in regards to homeless kids, then maybe they need to re-examine why it is exactly they exist in the first place.

ding ding ding!

Here's the deal: if you're a decent person in a position of authority, you overrule an 'overzealous' subordinant who does this kind of thing and bury/destroy the paperwork.
If you're a worker bee you suddenly get a large case of 'the blinds' and just find it impossible to see potential problems.

Bottom line rule: If The System (whatever the system is, be it a law, an admin rule, whatever - this rule is absolute) is coming up with the wrong answer, then you don't follow The System.
It's called 'morality' and it's been real popular since, oh, about 3,000 B.C.E.

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 03:26 PM
Here is the rule:

...no school employee or representative of the school's athletic department can provide or promise free or reduced-cost housing for a potential athlete in their program.

This comes down to a lack of professionalism on part of the coach. You have to know the rules.

No coach (or teacher) should be taking high school students into his own home without a serious discussion with the athletic director. Suppose the kid was given a position on the team that other players considered unwarranted, and then later the kid was found to be homosexual. Good God would the allegations, lawsuits, and hurt feelings spring up overnight. If the kid was a minor, it's even worse.

So...

1. Know the rules.
2. If you think you have a situation that warrants breaking the rules, get permission.
3. If you they don't give you permission, don't do it.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Just because the coach thought the rule didn't apply to him because he was being a Good Samaritan doesn't make his decision wise. If the player needed a home, the district/city/county can work on that problem.

BTW, if I'm the AD I tell the coach, "Under no circumstances are you to bring this kid into your home. If he is homeless, we can call the county and see about resolving that problem. But just because he can play football is no reason for him to be provided a free place to stay over all the other homeless kids in our area."

Collier11
9/30/2010, 03:29 PM
And the rule is ridiculous. Id rather break a rule by helping another person than do nothing and be able to claim that ive never violated any rules. The rule is idiotic and if they enforce it, those people who enforce it are even more idiotic

GKeeper316
9/30/2010, 03:31 PM
Here is the rule:

This comes down to a lack of professionalism on part of the coach. You have to know the rules.

No coach (or teacher) should be taking high school students into his own home without a serious discussion with the athletic director. Suppose the kid was given a position on the team that other players considered unwarranted, and then later the kid was found to be homosexual. Good God would the allegations, lawsuits, and hurt feelings spring up overnight. If the kid was a minor, it's even worse.

So...

1. Know the rules.
2. If you think you have a situation that warrants breaking the rules, get permission.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Just because the coach thought the rule didn't apply to him because he was being a Good Samaritan, he was wrong. If the player needed a home, the district/city/county can work on that problem.

BTW, if I'm the AD I tell the coach, "Under no circumstances are you to bring this kid into your home. If he is homeless, we can call the county and see about resolving that problem. But just because he can play football is no reason for him to be provided a free place to stay over all the other homeless kids in our area."

so basically, you're saying that instead of the individual (coach) stepping up and doing the right, and very christian, thing of taking in a homeless kid and trying to help improve his situation, you think he should have just turned him over to whatever agency florida has that sees to underage persons in need?

really?

Collier11
9/30/2010, 03:32 PM
The real question is WHY is there a rule in place like this?

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 03:32 PM
Bottom line rule: If The System (whatever the system is, be it a law, an admin rule, whatever - this rule is absolute) is coming up with the wrong answer, then you don't follow The System.
It's called 'morality' and it's been real popular since, oh, about 3,000 B.C.E.

You turn the problem over to those who have been entrusted to deal with these situations. Usually for homelessness it is the county. Try to solve it yourself and you can end up in a lot of trouble and hurting a lot of people around you.

Yes, there are times when the situation is so bad that high morals demands action. At that point, you tell everyone within earshot that you are doing it, damn the consequences.

Collier11
9/30/2010, 03:34 PM
Yea because our country does such a marvelous job with the homeless, we dont even provide proper housing for those who defended this country in war.

Most likely this kid would fall thru the cracks like the rest of them, the coach saw an opportunity to hep him out

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 03:36 PM
The real question is WHY is there a rule in place like this?

I can think of a jillion reasons. Two come to mind:

1. Coaches will provide free room and board as a recruiting tool.
2. Having students stay with teachers opens the teacher (and therefore the district) to charges of impropriety. (What kind of help is the teacher providing that kid in the wee hours of the morning?)
3. What if the student is a hot 18 year old female or a homosexual male living with a male teacher who is single?

Yes, teachers have had students living with them, but it is rare and dangerous.

Collier11
9/30/2010, 03:38 PM
And being a decent human being supercedes any of that speculative BS

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 03:40 PM
And being a decent human being supercedes any of that speculative BS

Absolutely. If you want to be an unemployed decent human being, go for it. I would applaud you for it.

BTW, once a lawsuit is filed, it no longer becomes speculative BS. People lose their jobs over **** like this, and I'm not talking about just the coach.

Collier11
9/30/2010, 03:43 PM
not every law or rule holds up in court

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 03:45 PM
I change one argument:

If I was the AD, I would tell the coach: "That is absolutely wonderful of you to be willing to take into your home a homeless kid. Now, we have a list here of homeless kids. At the top of the list is Timmy. He's real active in the Chess club, but he only weighs 130 lb and walks with a limp. I'll send him over with his possessions."

At that point, you would find out if the coach is really interested in doing the "right thing."

not every law or rule holds up in court

That is up for the courts to decide, not the coach.

RedstickSooner
9/30/2010, 03:49 PM
Once schools are involved, for whatever reason, rule interpretation always seems to get a serious case of the stupids.

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 03:58 PM
Florida coach suspended for taking in homeless player
By Cameron Smith
By all indications, a Florida high school football coach was just trying to do the right thing when he allowed a homeless player to live with him. Now that coach and his school are facing fines that could reach into the thousands of dollars -- and potential forfeiture of victories -- because of the player's housing arrangements.

According to OrlandoSentinel.com, St. Cloud (Fla.) High School coach Bill Buldini sat out his team's 20-17 loss to Edgewater last Friday after the school self-reported a violation of Florida High School Athletic Association code aimed at curbing the recruiting of players. The rule states that no school employee or representative of the school's athletic department can provide or promise free or reduced-cost housing for a potential athlete in their program.

The FHSAA rule may be well meaning, but school officials insist that Buldini did not violate any district rules. The Osceola County School District reinstated Buldini to both his coaching duties and day job as a social studies teacher at the school on Monday. That's where things stand now, and they may stay that way for awhile. According to WFTV.com, the FHSAA has offered no indication of how long its investigation into Buldini will last.

[Related: HS hoops star received $30K in improper benefits]

While no one has openly questioned Buldini's motivation for taking in the player, the Osceola County School District said that its regulations call for the district to work with homeless and dispossessed students directly rather than rely on its employees.

In the meantime, the St. Cloud community has rallied behind the embattled coach, who is paid only a $3,850 annual stipend for serving as the Bulldogs head coach. The FHSAA has already made it clear Buldini may have to forfeit some of that stipend if he is found guilty of violating its rules.

"I don't really see much wrong with that," St. Cloud student Melanie Hernandez told WFTV. "Maybe they're just thinking too hard into it because if he has nowhere else to go, someone needs to give him help."

[Watch: HS player's inspirational touchdown]

Hernandez's points seems to encompass the prevailing logic at the moment, though the FHSAA may not agree. In the meantime, the student who stayed with Buldini -- his name is not being released because of privacy issues -- is being held out of all St. Cloud practices and games.

Between the player's temporary ineligibility and Buldini's uncertain future, there should be plenty of motivation for the FHSAA to conclude its investigation swiftly. Until then St. Cloud will play on with questions about its future, and what it has already achieved.>

badger
9/30/2010, 03:58 PM
In that movie The Blind Side, the villainous NCAA was talking about what precedent would be set by allowing a wealthy family to take a poor, homeless kid off the streets. What if that kid ends up being a good football player and he ends up attending the wealthy family's alma mater?

To this, I say... so what? Less homeless kids on the streets, more kids with loving families... even if the love generates a top recruit for the family's favorite school, so what. So. effing. what.

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 04:00 PM
Once schools are involved, for whatever reason, rule interpretation always seems to get a serious case of the stupids.

...no school employee or representative of the school's athletic department can provide or promise free or reduced-cost housing for a potential athlete in their program.

What's there to interpret?

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 04:01 PM
In that movie The Blind Side, the villainous NCAA was talking about what precedent would be set by allowing a wealthy family to take a poor, homeless kid off the streets. What if that kid ends up being a good football player and he ends up attending the wealthy family's alma mater?

To this, I say... so what? Less homeless kids on the streets, more kids with loving families... even if the love generates a top recruit for the family's favorite school, so what. So. effing. what.

Solution: Kid should not attend the family's alma mater.

KantoSooner
9/30/2010, 04:10 PM
You turn the problem over to those who have been entrusted to deal with these situations. Usually for homelessness it is the county. Try to solve it yourself and you can end up in a lot of trouble and hurting a lot of people around you.

Yes, there are times when the situation is so bad that high morals demands action. At that point, you tell everyone within earshot that you are doing it, damn the consequences.

Well, yes and no, and you know that. <dear god, here we go into philo 101-land>
IF you believe that the authorities WILL deal with it properly, then, yowza yay, call 'em up and walk away.
IF, on the other hand, you have a reasonable certainty that either nothing will be done or that the authorities are, in fact, complicit in the problem, then you have a duty (of some stripe - perhaps not absolute) to act without or against the authorities.
You are, of course, permitted to take any actions you believe warranted to protect yourself and the person you're helping.
In the instant case, finding an alternative lodging would seem bright. As would speaking with an attorney (they do do 'pro bono' work on dealios like this). Finally, you might want to seriously consider recusing yourself from recruiting the kid if you were a coach <I mean, if you were REALLY acting out of the goodness of your heart and all, that lil 4.4 speedster's happiness would be your sole goal. Right?>

You'll note that a modestly long life of experience with 'authority' has left me less than impressed. I'll take individual morality any day of the week.

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 04:17 PM
Well, yes and no, and you know that. <dear god, here we go into philo 101-land>
IF you believe that the authorities WILL deal with it properly, then, yowza yay, call 'em up and walk away.
IF, on the other hand, you have a reasonable certainty that either nothing will be done or that the authorities are, in fact, complicit in the problem, then you have a duty (of some stripe - perhaps not absolute) to act without or against the authorities.
You are, of course, permitted to take any actions you believe warranted to protect yourself and the person you're helping.
In the instant case, finding an alternative lodging would seem bright. As would speaking with an attorney (they do do 'pro bono' work on dealios like this). Finally, you might want to seriously consider recusing yourself from recruiting the kid if you were a coach <I mean, if you were REALLY acting out of the goodness of your heart and all, that lil 4.4 speedster's happiness would be your sole goal. Right?

I tend to agree. One change, though: If you are really wanting to do the right thing at the expense of the rules, be willing to accept the consequences.

For example, the team now may have to forfeit its wins. You may be out of several thousand dollars. If you can say that it was worth it regardless, then I can see that.

However, to complain about the consequences once caught changes everything.

I would add one more point: THINK AHEAD. By doing the "right thing," what consequences can occur? Have you really thought this through? Are you really doing this for the right reason? If the kid was not an athlete, would you still be doing this? Are you willing to endure a court battle if the kid falsely accuses you of molestation? Can that happen? If so, would it be worth it then?

I think this coach did not think things through.

humblesooner
9/30/2010, 04:38 PM
In hindsight, if the coach was sincere (and from the limited information we have here, I tend to think he was) he probably should have told the kid that he was welcome to come live with him.
However, he should have explained to him, that as unfair as it seems, he can not play football until he has a chance to go through a system and ask for a ruling. Which is more important to the child - having a home to live in or playing football? Which is more important to the coach - taking care of a football player or taking care of a homeless child? Sometimes, no matter how crazy some options seem, we have to make hard choices in life. Maybe he only has to miss one year of football. Maybe he only has to miss one game. Maybe he can't ever play for this coach.
But when it comes down to it, the real question remains - What is more important?

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 04:49 PM
In hindsight, if the coach was sincere (and from the limited information we have here, I tend to think he was) he probably should have told the kid that he was welcome to come live with him.
However, he should have explained to him, that as unfair as it seems, he can not play football until he has a chance to go through a system and ask for a ruling. Which is more important to the child - having a home to live in or playing football? Which is more important to the coach - taking care of a football player or taking care of a homeless child? Sometimes, no matter how crazy some options seem, we have to make hard choices in life. Maybe he only has to miss one year of football. Maybe he only has to miss one game. Maybe he can't ever play for this coach.
But when it comes down to it, the real question remains - What is more important?

Excellent point.

prrriiide
9/30/2010, 04:53 PM
Of course Leroy the Law Abiding once AGAIN shows his complete and utter cluelessness in thinking that Florida's child protective services can or wants to do a damned thing for this kid, given their track record as the WORST child protection program in the nation. The stories of abuse, neglect, and even death under their watchful eye are nothing short of appalling.

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 04:58 PM
Of course Leroy the Law Abiding once AGAIN shows his complete and utter cluelessness in thinking that Florida's child protective services can or wants to do a damned thing for this kid, given their track record as the WORST child protection program in the nation. The stories of abuse, neglect, and even death under their watchful eye are nothing short of appalling.

The police in my area have a bad reputation; that doesn't give me the right to take the law in my own hands.

I may do it. Sure. But I don't have the right to do it. And if I did it, I would expect to pay the consequences.

That was a good effort, nonetheless.

KantoSooner
9/30/2010, 05:25 PM
Of course you have to accept the consequences. However, once you start to play as an indepedent actor, you are fully allowed to avoid said consequences through whatever means you can justify.
Are you grooving on the Steppenwolf/UberMensch vibe, yet?

yermom
9/30/2010, 05:26 PM

the only thing is, how does it change if it's just the coach's cousin or neighbor that lets him move in?

this was another of the problems at USC. of course, i thought it was kinda BS, especially compared to the other stuff

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 05:40 PM
the only thing is, how does it change if it's just the coach's cousin or neighbor that lets him move in?

this was another of the problems at USC. of course, i thought it was kinda BS, especially compared to the other stuff

If you can prove that the relationship extended beyond the school via family, that is different.

And yes, there have been a few instances where a coach was able to recruit a family member to play for his team. There isn't much anyone can do about that.

A neighbor wouldn't count.

However, once you start to play as an indepedent actor, you are fully allowed to avoid said consequences through whatever means you can justify.

No, you are not ALLOWED to. You may be able to do it, but you are definitely not allowed to.

sooner59
9/30/2010, 10:08 PM
If I were a HS coach and only lost some FL HS football wins and a few grand it wouldn't even be an issue to me if I felt I did the right thing. There are more important things than a few games and a few bucks. If I faced furthur consequences, I would always know I did the right thing regardless. In the end, people can judge you but only one opinion matters.

agoo758
9/30/2010, 10:09 PM
Here is the rule:

So...

1. Know the rules.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Just because the coach thought the rule didn't apply to him because he was being a Good Samaritan doesn't make his decision wise. If the player needed a home, the district/city/county can work on that problem.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he understood that he might be violating some rule, but felt it was the right thing to do anyway?

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 10:36 PM
Did it ever occur to you that maybe he understood that he might be violating some rule, but felt it was the right thing to do anyway?

As I said: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

It's one thing to see an athlete shivering and offering him a place to stay for the night or a few days. It's a situation that needs resolving and there is no one around to pick up the slack. But this was an extended stay. You have to present the issue to your superiors and ask for their input.

If they say, "fine," then all is good.

If they say, "no freakin' way," then you can make that difficult decision knowing that you at least attempted to resolve it in a professional manner.

BTW, he certainly knew the rule or the district is in serious need of some training of their coaching staffs. I mean, WTF?

If I were a HS coach and only lost some FL HS football wins and a few grand it wouldn't even be an issue to me if I felt I did the right thing.

Keep in mind that a few grand is a lot of money to some people. That is money the coach cannot spend on his own family. So it goes back to priorities. Each has his own.

One more thing: Some people are pointing out that it was not a star player. It makes no difference whatsoever.

sooner59
9/30/2010, 10:58 PM
Yep. And like I said if you feel it's the right thing, then I'm sure sacrifices can be made. Besides, from media attention like this, I sure the community would do what they could to help him out.

agoo758
9/30/2010, 11:08 PM
If they say, "fine," then all is good.

If they say, "no freakin' way," then you can make that difficult decision knowing that you at least attempted to resolve it in a professional manner.
?

Let me ask you a question. Other than the fact that he was breaking a rule, what was morally wrong with what he did? Whether he handled it the best way or not, if you had a conscious you would be spending less energy defending the whatever rule organization bringing the axe down over a technicality, and more time defending the man who performed a great deed that far exceeded any fault he may have committed with it.

The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but not all roads paved with good intentions lead to hell.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2010, 11:31 PM
My road to hell is littered with the corpses of the innocent.

agoo758
9/30/2010, 11:32 PM
My road to hell is littered with the corpses of the innocent.

How bout ketchup?

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 12:36 AM
Let me ask you a question. Other than the fact that he was breaking a rule, what was morally wrong with what he did?

Nothing as far as I can tell. I'm not saying he's a bad guy. In fact, he sounds like a great guy... who made an ill-advised decision to take the rules into his own hands.

As someone else mentioned, he should have told the player that he couldn't play football while living with him unless he got special permission. He would have stood on far firmer ground legally without sacrificing any moral obligations. It was a mistake to let him play because the rules don't allow it.

This is why educators (such as coaches) must understand what it means to act professionally. He should have brought this up to the district. They would have probably conferred with the athletic association to get permission. If not, they would have told the coach that he can allow the student to live there but he couldn't play on the team.

So the student gets a home and an education, no rules are broken, the coach doesn't have to hide anything... everyone is happy. When we take the rules into our own hands, **** happens.

Whether he handled it the best way or not, if you had a conscious you would be spending less energy defending the whatever rule organization bringing the axe down over a technicality, and more time defending the man who performed a great deed that far exceeded any fault he may have committed with it.

He doesn't need us to defend him. I seriously doubt he cares what we think. So what difference does it make?

agoo758
10/1/2010, 12:57 AM
He doesn't need us to defend him. I seriously doubt he cares what we think. So what difference does it make?

Maybe if we took a few minutes out of our busy lives to defend great men against satist groups, we might...just might have enough strength in numbers to rid us of these atrocities.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:03 AM
Maybe if we took a few minutes out of our busy lives to defend great men against satist groups, we might...just might have enough strength in numbers to rid us of these atrocities.

For crying out loud, we're not fighting the Soviet Union here. It's an organization created to keep the play of sports fair and exciting. Their problem is that they deal with coaches who spend all night thinking of ways to skirt their rules.

Now, I don't think this coach falls in that category. And I am sure the organization will take into account the situation and give a fair ruling. My argument isn't with the association, but with the coach's handling of the situation. While I applaud his concern and generosity, there was a far better way to deal with the situation without compromising his team.

If I was the Superintendent, I wouldn't want coaches pulling this **** on me. Tell me what the issue is and we will resolve it.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:08 AM
So in your world you punish the good because of the few who are bad, brilliant

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:10 AM
So in your world you punish the good because of the few who are bad, brilliant

I don't think I said anything remotely like that.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:14 AM
I don't think I said anything remotely like that.

You said this just below

Their problem is that they deal with coaches who spend all night thinking of ways to skirt their rules.

So because some coaches cheat, this guy should be punished?

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:16 AM
C'mon, Collier. You distinctly avoided quoting the following:

And I am sure the organization will take into account the situation and give a fair ruling.

Quit trying to play "Gotcha!"

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:17 AM
I guess Stoops should be punished cus John Blake has been cheating for years now?

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:17 AM
I guess Stoops should be punished cus John Blake has been cheating for years now?

:confused:

You need some sleep.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:18 AM
C'mon, Collier. You distinctly avoided quoting the following:

Quit trying to play "Gotcha!"

Not playing Gotcha, im playing your game. You always want to take the other side even when the other side is obviously off in their judgment so im asking you to tell me why someone like this should be in trouble for having an apparent good heart and nothing more, simply cus of others transgressions? Weak!

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:20 AM
:confused:

You need some sleep.

Think about it, what if down the road the NCAA limits off campus recruiting (obvious hypothetical example) because of all the trouble that unc, usc, etc... have gotten into. Dont act like it is outside of the realm of possibility for the ncaa to do something completely retarded, just like this school

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:26 AM
Not playing Gotcha, im playing your game. You always want to take the other side even when the other side is obviously off in their judgment so im asking you to tell me why someone like this should be in trouble for having an apparent good heart and nothing more, simply cus of others transgressions? Weak!

I wasn't even aware the associated issued a ruling. So how can I defend their judgment?

Huh? Huh?

Think about it, what if down the road the NCAA limits off campus recruiting (obvious hypothetical example) because of all the trouble that unc, usc, etc... have gotten into.

The NCAA does this all the time. It's called closing loopholes in the rules that coaches have managed to squeeze through.

For example, it used to be that a school got to decide whether a two-sport player was on a football scholarship or basketball scholarship. So guess what schools on probation facing limited football scholarships did? Now the NCAA rules that a player that plays both football and basketball is on a football scholarship.

Nebraska's walk-on program is another example where the NCAA had to change rules on account of "bad guys" taking advantage of the system.

Sheesh, have you been living in a cave?

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:27 AM
LOL, if I went out and saved a baby from a moving vehicle tomorrow you would tell me that I was a bad person for causing that car to crash

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:32 AM
LOL, if I went out and saved a baby from a moving vehicle tomorrow you would tell me that I was a bad person for causing that car to crash

Did you cause the car to crash? If so, I would hardly call you a hero.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:33 AM
Figures

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2010, 01:38 AM
Die with your boots on if you're gonna die...

Seventh son of a seventh son...

I'm really playing with madness now.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:40 AM
Figures

If you caused the crash, the very least you should do is save the lives of the occupants.

agoo758
10/1/2010, 01:42 AM
Die with your boots on if you're gonna die...

Seventh son of a seventh son...

I'm really playing with madness now.

Why are you on here sir?

You live in Vegas.

Go to the bellagio for cryin' out loud. :P

sooner59
10/1/2010, 01:43 AM
Now boys... Play nicely.

http://firstnationspedagogy.ca/circletalk_lg.png

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:43 AM
I get the feeling that you get completely blitzed and decide to disagree with every agreeable thread with a huge smile on your face

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:44 AM
I get the feeling that you get completely blitzed and decide to disagree with every agreeable thread with a huge smile on your face

Who talked?

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:45 AM
Is that your new line?

agoo758
10/1/2010, 01:47 AM
Now boys... Play nicely.

http://firstnationspedagogy.ca/circletalk_lg.png

And with this picture, SoonerFans has obviously gone to hell for the night.
I'm going to bed.:P

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:48 AM
way to fudge it up D, im out as well

Leroy Lizard
So are we going to post one-line retorts for the rest of the night? Why do you always take these conversations down to the personal level? Enough about me: Let's talk about the coach and his sports association.

Crucifax Autumn
Goodnight hellboy.

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2010, 01:49 AM
and for the record, I like one line retorts.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:49 AM
Good night.

And I declare myself the winner because I outlasted my competition. I am truly great.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:50 AM
In that case, I win...have fun with the "stranger" Leroy

sooner59
10/1/2010, 01:52 AM
and for the record, I like one line retorts.

**** off, dip****! :D

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:53 AM
dick lovers

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:54 AM
In that case, I win...have fun with the "stranger" Leroy

Nope, still here.

And your eyes are getting very, very sleepy. You won't be able to hold out.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:55 AM

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2010, 01:57 AM

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 01:58 AM
Won't work. I just snorted about two grams of cocaine and downed a few uppers. I'm winning this one baby, even if it means losing my family and career over it!!!

(Actually, I think I will turn in for the night.)

Collier11
10/1/2010, 01:59 AM

That supposed to be your brown eye?

Im watchin the Ryder Cup, dont have to be up til 930

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 02:01 AM
Just kidding about the coke and uppers. Drugs are for losers.

Right, Crucifax? :D

Collier11
10/1/2010, 02:02 AM
Cru is your drug

sooner59
10/1/2010, 02:04 AM
Collier's love is Leroy's drug.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 02:04 AM
youre mouth is my drug

sooner59
10/1/2010, 02:08 AM
youre mouth is my drug

post reported. :D

Collier11
10/1/2010, 02:10 AM
thats fine, now everyone knows you swallow :eek:

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 02:11 AM
Collier's love is Leroy's drug.

Love is the drug.

I'm thinking of.

Collier11
10/1/2010, 02:12 AM
Hey 59, you get that butt plug in the mail yet that you ordered?

sooner59
10/1/2010, 02:13 AM
thats fine, now everyone knows you swallow :eek:

Curses! You have foiled my evil plan.

http://sdakotabirds.com/species_photos/photos/barn_swallow_1.jpg

Collier11
10/1/2010, 02:15 AM
tweet tweet

sooner59
10/1/2010, 02:19 AM
tweet tweet

You better watch that ****! Bobby Stoops will give ya the red card. :D

Collier11
10/1/2010, 02:20 AM
:eek: Sorry Coach Stoops, im out!

AlbqSooner
10/1/2010, 07:52 AM
While I applaud his concern and generosity, there was a far better way to deal with the situation without compromising his team.

An excellent example of Monday morning quarterbacklng.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 11:41 AM
An excellent example of Monday morning quarterbacklng.

:rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/1/2010, 01:22 PM
Solution: Kid should not attend the family's alma mater.

Wouldn't it make more sense for a kid in this situation to go to a school where the family would know counselors, staff, and professors.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for a kid in this situation to go to a school where the family would know counselors, staff, and professors.

I doubt seriously that even the wealthiest booster would know the counselors, staff, and professors that the kid will encounter on a daily basis. I'm not even sure what benefit there would be in knowing these people. I am quite sure that the counselors, staff, and professors at other major universities are quite capable of helping him if he needs it.

I think you're stretching here.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/1/2010, 04:16 PM
They would if they went to that University and earned degrees there. I am sure the staffs at all the schools would be more than capable but this is more of a unique situation where a kid is playing catch up and any advantage they could gain would be monumental to their growth.

Leroy Lizard
10/1/2010, 11:26 PM
They would if they went to that University and earned degrees there. I am sure the staffs at all the schools would be more than capable but this is more of a unique situation where a kid is playing catch up and any advantage they could gain would be monumental to their growth.

The chances that the student would attend courses by the same professor as the parent are minimal. The boosters likely wouldn't know the counselors at all.

I attended college for many, many years and I can't even remember meeting with a counselor. I sure as Hell can't remember his name, and I know he wouldn't remember me.

Even if the counselors remember the booster, so what?