PDA

View Full Version : Gottlieb pwned by Mora

swardboy
9/30/2010, 10:58 AM
Doug Gottlieb, ex-Pokie State basketball player, is filling in for Colin Cowherd today and just finished interview with Jim Mora, Jr. Hilarious. Gottlieb asks Mora how people should feel about Vick getting the starting nod over Kolb in Phillie, and Mora lit up "Who am I to tell people how they should feel?" "Is this the first interview you've ever done?" Sign-off, Mora: "It was just a REAL pleasure talking to you." Gottlieb dropped it pretty quick when Mora started berating him pretty bad as an interviewer....great stuff.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2010, 11:00 AM
wish I woulda caught that

Howzit
9/30/2010, 11:11 AM
wish I woulda caught that

Unlike your current case of gonorrhea.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2010, 11:12 AM
yeah, thanks a lot....****in swimmer

Landthief 1972
9/30/2010, 11:14 AM
My 3-year-old daughter would eat Gottlieb alive in a spelling contest, much less a sports talk show.

Howzit
9/30/2010, 11:16 AM
yeah, thanks a lot....****in swimmer

I was my pleasure.

You nailed that venus butterfly.

swardboy
9/30/2010, 11:16 AM
Well it's not on youtube yet, but I did find this nugget (sorry I'm an embedding idiot, it's safe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1izKbjTZ0

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2010, 11:18 AM
I was my pleasure.

You nailed that venus butterfly.

its my duty to offer that booty

and...gottlieb sucks

salth2o
9/30/2010, 11:30 AM
akKjLWG0KG4

Dio
9/30/2010, 11:38 AM
Hell, Gottlieb's lucky he wasn't talking to Old Man Mora- he'd have probably made him cry.

"Feelings? Feelings? You wanna talk about feelings?"

OhU1
9/30/2010, 11:42 AM
These coaches are used to softball questions and get their panties in a wad if pressed. Mora got pissed at Gottlieb's comment that if Vick had performed in Atlanta as he is now Mora might still be coaching the Falcons. Good stuff.

I don't get the Gottlieb hate. He was a Poke. So what. He does an interesting show.

TMcGee86
9/30/2010, 11:44 AM
What an idiot. gotdweeb was totally dumbstruck when mora asked him to answer his own question. Which should have given him a clue about how retarded his questions were. Gotdweeb is basically everything that is wrong with ESPN. Mora could have addressed his answer to Espn in general and said "The people paid to be there, who gives a flying **** if they boo or not, and who the **** are you to tell them how to feel or act when it's their team and they are sitting in the seats they paid good money for."

swardboy
9/30/2010, 11:48 AM
Earlier, Gottlieb called Vick's last year in Atlanta a "sideshow" which coincidentially was Mora's last year there....I think that's when things started going south in the interview. I don't hate on Gottlieb, I just think it's funny when an interviewer tries to be penetrating and it falls apart...hope it puts perspective in their lives that they're not "the show", it's the coaches and players.

MI Sooner
9/30/2010, 11:50 AM
What an idiot. gotdweeb was totally dumbstruck when mora asked him to answer his own question. Which should have given him a clue about how retarded his questions were. Gotdweeb is basically everything that is wrong with ESPN. Mora could have addressed his answer to Espn in general and said "The people paid to be there, who gives a flying **** if they boo or not, and who the **** are you to tell them how to feel or act when it's their team and they are sitting in the seats they paid good money for."

Gottlieb actualy WASN'T dumbstruck, he said "anyone who boos is a fool." Mora came off as a total ***.

TMcGee86
9/30/2010, 11:53 AM
Gottlieb actualy WASN'T dumbstruck, he said "anyone who boos is a fool." Mora came off as a total ***.

Not that question, the one before, though he does stammer for a second before that, I give him credit for having an answer that time. But the time before he was like uh uh.. but your a coach, what do you think?

I normally don't hate on Gottlieb, but that stupid attitude that espn has to make everything a story drives me crazy.

OhU1
9/30/2010, 12:00 PM
that stupid attitude that espn has to make everything a story drives me crazy.

I agree, I DO hate ESPN and avoid listening to it.

jaux
9/30/2010, 12:06 PM
I'm sad. We still have Sooner fans listening to Cowherd...and I suppose they continue to listen to and read Lupica, too.

Glad to see the filter is still in place for "lupica"

swardboy
9/30/2010, 12:11 PM
I'm sad. We still have Sooner fans listening to Cowherd...and I suppose they continue to listen to and read moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about, too.

Glad to see the filter is still in place for "moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about"

I'm in the "must know your enemy" camp....

Soonermagik
9/30/2010, 12:30 PM
Mora came off as a huge jerk. Doug was just doing his job trying to get his reactions. Sorry dude, but that's what sports radio shows do... they want your opinion.

I guarantee you Mora feels like a ****** after he's had time to calm down. I think he's bitter about losing his job in Atlanta.

fwsooner22
9/30/2010, 12:34 PM
Bad Free Throw Shooter. Convicted Felon. Quoted as saying "you can't trust Yahoo Sports". Played in StoolH20.

That's not enough for some of you guys ?

Chiliman
9/30/2010, 12:46 PM
Gottlieb knows nothing about football either.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2010, 01:01 PM
I'm sad. We still have Sooner fans listening to Cowherd...and I suppose they continue to listen to and read moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about, too.

Glad to see the filter is still in place for "moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about"

this

adoniijahsooner
9/30/2010, 03:38 PM
I havent watched or listened to espn for over a year now...one of the best decisions I ever made.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2010, 03:55 PM
Im really surprised a Mora would lose their cool anyway

Mississippi Sooner
9/30/2010, 04:04 PM
"Well, what happened was, that second game, we got our *** kicked. In the second half, we just got our *** totally kicked. We couldn’t do diddly poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass – we sucked. The second half, we sucked. We couldn’t stop the run. Every time they got the ball, they went down and got points. We got our *** totally kicked in the second half – that’s what it boiled down to. It was a horse**** performance in the second half. Horse****. I’m totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Coaching did a horrible job. The players did a horrible job. We got our *** kicked in that second half. It sucked. It stunk."

Pricetag
9/30/2010, 04:47 PM
Mora came off as a huge jerk. Doug was just doing his job trying to get his reactions. Sorry dude, but that's what sports radio shows do... they want your opinion.

I guarantee you Mora feels like a ****** after he's had time to calm down. I think he's bitter about losing his job in Atlanta.
I like Doug okay. His b-ball commentary is good, and he's okay at football.

I think he was getting a little big for his britches in that line of questioning, though. I read it as "Why couldn't you have gotten this level of play out of Michael Vick?" There were plenty of directions he could have gone with it besides that one.

Could Mora have handled it better? Sure, but you're not going to get a positive reaction out of many football coaches, especially ex-coaches, coming after them like that.

Soonermagik
9/30/2010, 06:30 PM
I understand that. It's a reporters job to ask tough questions. I think as a former coach you have to handle those questions with composure. You're on national radio with millions listening. Just because you're upset with questions doesn't mean you should act stupid on national radio. I'll be shocked if he doesn't apologize.

Scott D
9/30/2010, 06:37 PM
dougie's a reporter?

they'll apparently let any bum off the street be one these days.

toast
9/30/2010, 08:41 PM
Gottlieb will be ok, I'm sure Traber and the Sports Animal will have him on before the OU-UT game to give us his great insight into the game.

TXBOOMER
9/30/2010, 10:02 PM
Gottlied is a D Bag. I don't like Mora Jr. but he scored a couple of points with me there.