PDA

View Full Version : TV Sucks!

setem
9/30/2010, 12:13 AM
I remember when G4 used to have shows on it that were interesting. Back when the channel was Tech TV and they had Tech Live, now those were the days! "Cheaters" has nothing to do with technology or video games! Kind of like MTV and the fact they DON'T SHOW MUSIC VIDEOS! I hate CHEATERS and I hate G4 but I always seem to gravitate to it but I almost instantly change the channel.:(

Anyone watch Fuel? I can't and never will be able do any of that stuff like snowboarding or wake skating. BTW wake skating is pretty damn awesome and it blows my mind that it is even possible. It is like skate boarding but on water. :confused:

Netflix is the how it is done I can make my own channel! 21 Jump Street, Family Guy, Hey Arnold!, Gangland, No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, and movies deluxe! THAT IS TV right there! Why do we have cable in this house? The few shows I do watch on TV can be downloaded. Like the HBO, Showtime, NBC and CBS line-ups o:D

I did some house sitting for a friend this summer who had basic cable. I did not miss my digital premium cable at all! I have never had a better TV experience than when I was watching sports, torrent movies or Netflix on my laptop and playing MLB 2k10, NCAA 10 or COD on the xbox. Good times good times! :pop:

I am gonna buy my first big screen sometime this year or the next and life is going to be good! Maybe TV does not suck that much, I think I just don't like commercials or waiting around for the next episode. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2010, 12:15 AM
Cheaters is great. It serves a similar public benefit role as America's Most Wanted.

And away we go!

setem
9/30/2010, 12:24 AM
I loved AMW and Rescue 911. I wish they would bring that back!

Blue
9/30/2010, 12:33 AM
Thurs Night- Its always sunny (greatness) and The League (Funniest show on tv, imo)

setem
9/30/2010, 12:37 AM
How could I forget out about It's Always Sunny! I download it and Friday Night Lights. For folks who have Cox(like me), the season of FNL that just finished was came out on Universal last winter. Hope they do the same with this one!

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2010, 12:40 AM
Anything I want to seriously watch and pay attention to I download and watch under headphones right here on the computer. Not like I'm a Nielsen household screwing up their ratings or anything and with downloading I can get a 1080p copy most of the time which looks great on a large monitor of course. Not getting commercials probably benefits sponsors in my case since seeing them generally makes me NOT buy a particular product.

soonerinkaty
9/30/2010, 12:41 AM
G4 isn't bad between 5-7 when they have the rotation of XPlay, XPlay, and Attack of the Show.

Collier11
9/30/2010, 01:22 AM
The list of TV shows that I watch is very short

Mon- Notta
Tue- The Colony on Discovery
Wed- Modern Family- Best comedy on TV bar none IMO
Thur- The Office
Fri- Notta
Sat- Notta
Sun- Notta

Obviously throw in sports and ill watch a few shows now and again like Man V Wild, Man V Food, and not a whole lot more unless its something intriguing on Discovery or Animal Planet