PDA

View Full Version : Self-loathing in austin tx

UTgradOUfan
9/29/2010, 07:36 PM
It is good being me, it really is. My OU flag is swaying in the Central texas breeze out on my patio eight floors above downtown Austin and not even the most myopic whorn fan on Lamar Blvd can miss it. But where is the hate this year? I miss that.
The Sooner faithful on this board are grumpy that despite all our talent we did not crush Cinnci. on the road. Get over it. Our guys look seriously good a lot of the time but don't play great all the time. Relax. The whorns are exactly what we need to feel better about, well, everything. Trust me.
I have watched the whorns every play this year and they are as bad as last weeks loss to a mediocre UCLA team would indicate. Imagine if every aspect of your team was as inept as our field goal kicker and then you have an idea of how bad things are here in Austin. The whorn fans are hating having to wear orange and go to Dallas this weekend. They know it is going to be horrible. They know it is going to be an ugly brutal weekend and most of them know that they will be Southbound on I-35 near Waco when the game is over.
Why are the whorns so bad? Who cares? Just know that Mack Brown really is very gay. He really is. But that is OK w/ the whorn faithful as long as he continues to play no one and wins. But when he plays no one and loses it gets extremely nasty around here. And nasty bad is what the whorns are and nasty bad is the mood in this town.
The whorns are always easy to hate but this year they are so hapless it has taken some of the joy out of being a professional whorn-hater. But when the going gets weird the weird turn pro. I know some of you can create scenarios where the Sooners actually lose this Saturday. Don't go there. The whorns have no offense: NONE! They have no line, no TE's, no recievers and no VY. Shipley finally graduated. Colt is a memory. Gilbert could be great(he's not) and it would not matter. But best of all the whorns have the worst RB's to ever wear that ugly orange. They are so pathetic they seriously do not have a RB who could get a scholarship at OU. Go ahead and ask why. The whorn fans are. Does it matter why? Just enjoy it and plan on eating wherever you like Saturday night in Dallas b/c my neighbors who are whorn fans are all planning on driving back to Austin after the game. Yes, they know that their team really is that bad.
Not to put too fine a point on it but the Sooners can play better and could be a great team. The whorns, as every single whorn fan I know readily admits, are putrid nasty bad. They have not done anything so far this year that allows even the most delusional among them to imagine they have a hope against any good team remaining on their schedule.
If any of you doubt any of this just look to our own board and marvel how weak tx lid's smack is this year. His crooked little heart is just not in this year. If you need more comfort and/or confirmation go to whorfans. Then again don't. It is really, really ugly. Self-loathing always is.
So relax, say the serenity prayer, enjoy the ride South. But, please, don't forget to hate the whorns and love being a SOONER!

GKeeper316
9/29/2010, 07:41 PM
* sucks

Herr Scholz
9/29/2010, 07:47 PM
Who invited you to Austin? No jobs up North?

XingTheRubicon
9/29/2010, 07:50 PM
No boards down south?

mightysooner
9/29/2010, 07:56 PM
Texas hasn't had a notable tailback since Jamal Charles left and they've found a way to run the ball against us every year, mostly in the second half. Texas will come ready to play Saturday.

Herr Scholz
9/29/2010, 07:57 PM
Strike a nerve? It was a simple question.

A Sooner in Texas
9/29/2010, 08:04 PM

Really? YOU'RE asking if your question struck a nerve? Take a look in the mirror.

Herr Scholz
9/29/2010, 08:12 PM
Just curious why a Longhorn hater would live in Austin? Guess you guys have to go where the jobs are. Must suck. Speaking of, how's Houston?

WestAustinSooner
9/29/2010, 08:36 PM
Actually, Herr, its quite a combination, really being a SOONER fan and having the pleasure of living here. Two great decisions, two wonderful worlds. The BEST of two worlds actually.

WestAustinSooner
9/29/2010, 08:38 PM
BY the way UTgradOUfan, I'm glad I read your post visiting over here from OUInsider. See you at Al Biernat's about 8:00 Friday night!

oudivesherpa
9/29/2010, 08:40 PM
Just curious why a Longhorn hater would live in Austin? Guess you guys have to go where the jobs are. Must suck. Speaking of, how's Houston?

Many Sooners live in Texas for various reasons. In my case it's no State Income Tax. Do you think T-Bone moved from Holdenville, Ok to Texas because he loved the place or becuase of no State Income Tax. Do you think ConocoPhillips and Citgo moved to Houston because the the fine people in Texas or because No State Income Tax? When Texas implements a State Income Tax and sooner or later it will, as the demographic becomes more Democratic,then there will be a great migration out of the State to the next low tax haven.

sooneron
9/29/2010, 08:58 PM

Pretty sure the job market in OK is pretty good, whereas, in Austin, it's bueno.:D

agoo758
9/29/2010, 09:01 PM
The Sooner faithful on this board are grumpy that despite all our talent we did not crush Cinnci. on the road. Get over it.

No.

Herr Scholz
9/29/2010, 09:22 PM
Actually, Herr, its quite a combination, really being a SOONER fan and having the pleasure of living here. Two great decisions, two wonderful worlds. The BEST of two worlds actually.

I can't blame you living in Austin. Great spot. Just having some fun.

CrimsonRez
9/29/2010, 09:22 PM
I've honestly never seen a U.T. Flag in Norman before and I lived there for the better part of 15 years....Cowards

OUinFLA
9/29/2010, 09:23 PM
Many Sooners live in Texas for various reasons. In my case it's no State Income Tax. Do you think T-Bone moved from Holdenville, Ok to Texas because he loved the place or becuase of no State Income Tax. Do you think ConocoPhillips and Citgo moved to Houston because the the fine people in Texas or because No State Income Tax? When Texas implements a State Income Tax and sooner or later it will, as the demographic becomes more Democratic,then there will be a great migration out of the State to the next low tax haven.

Florida.
I need property prices to increase so I can sell and move to Panama.

olevetonahill
9/29/2010, 09:39 PM

No it was a Smartassed question .

Soonerus
9/29/2010, 09:51 PM
Nobody has said Austin sucks...relax...nobody has said it is Nirvana either...

UTgradOUfan
9/29/2010, 10:05 PM
Austin is a great city. Any city where I can have a quality conversation w/ a total stranger for 45 minutes about the relative merits of the chili con carne at about any of the 65 tex-mex restaurants in town is a place I can hang. I just made sure all my children were born in OK and I have enough Leo's BBQ sauce on hand and I am fine.
The point has nothing to do w/ this city. It is that the Sooners can play a bit better and be a really good and maybe great football team. The whorns on the other hand could play a whole lot better and maybe, perhaps, at best only just barely suck a little less.
Now is that a fun fact to take to bed w/ you tonight or what. Good gawd this is fun!

Breadburner
9/29/2010, 10:06 PM
Spent some time in Austin,punk ridden stink-hole.....

Soonerus
9/29/2010, 10:07 PM
Odd post...

proudsoonergal
9/29/2010, 10:09 PM
I love living in Austin, although I miss being able to go to all of the OU games.

I go through ABIA quite a bit, and almost always someone says something to me about my OU bag, which I carry around proudly.

And, not to hijack the thread, I agree with the OP. There is some serious whining and gnashing of teeth around here about the OU/Texas game.

RonnieB
9/29/2010, 10:20 PM
Take it easy on Austin, hey UT Sucks, but the TX Hill Country, Barton Springs, The Oasis, 6th St., No State Income Tax, No Hellish Ice Snow and Wind, and Chuy's Tex Mex make it a beautiful place. I just hate UT with the liberal elitist attitude, National Media Bias, and arrogance. Beat the hell out of UT!

BoulderSooner79
9/29/2010, 10:56 PM

I guess I like punk ridden stink-holes (if the have Tex-Mex).

Wishboned
9/29/2010, 11:11 PM

It's kind of why Texas high school players choose OU. It's where the championships are.

GKeeper316
9/30/2010, 12:00 AM
there's only one company that i would work for in austin. otherwise, i wouldn't be able to not punch people wearing that ****in ugly **** brown cow.

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2010, 06:46 AM
Nobody has said Austin sucks...

I'll say it. Austin sucks. My job used to take me there quite often for several days at a time. Was the place I hated going to the most.

This about sums it up.

pweitkem
9/30/2010, 07:55 AM
I live in Austin also and not a peep from my coworkers. We typically have some pretty aggressive banter in the week leading up to the game. They're very polite this year.... a lot of talk about how long it's been since UT had 3 losses in a row and how good they're going to be next year.

I told them they sound like OSU fans.

pweitkem
9/30/2010, 07:57 AM
Austin is a badass town to live in, even though you do have to look at a lot of baby **** colored everything down here... Houston's a little overcrowded a bit of a ghetto and extremely humid.

TexasLidig8r
9/30/2010, 08:37 AM
First... UTgradOUfan.. aren't you the one with the hot, red-haired wife and you routinely go for walks around Lady Bird Johnson Lake?

I seem to remember that. If so, that buys you some leeway.

Regardless (or irregardless as the great unwashed say), one does wonder if 1741 is your favorite number. The significance of 1741 you may ask?

The year Benedict Arnold was born. :D

As for the game itself, there is certainly no reason whatsoever to believe Ou should lose this game. Agreed, the Texas running backs, Newton, Johnson and Whittaker have been disappointing this year. They are merely serviceable back ups. Perhaps the two best back we may have, Hills and Shead are being redshirted and our best back is playing high school football this year.

Garrett Gilbert Grape is still finding himself and is making typical first year starter mistakes... the same type of growing pains we went through with Vince and Colt. No big surprise there.

Our wide receivers... the best ones are true freshman... Davis and White and are still learning the college game.

We haven't had a good tight end to open up the middle of the field since Blaine Irby had his knee blown out.

Contrary to what the OP hypothesized, I really like the defense. Against UCLA, the offense and special teams turned the ball over FOUR times inside our 42 yard line including one time on the 3. The result.. 13 UCLA points. The DBs (with the exception of Chyckie Brown) are playing extremely well and Jackson Jeffcoat is going to be stupid good.

This year, in every way, is a growing year for us.

And with that... we have no business winning this game or the game in Lincoln.

BUT

Did Peter Gardere have any business winning 4 straight against Ou?
Did John Blake's wretched team have any business beating Texas?
Did the "Tear Down the Goalpost", Rout 66 Texas team have any business beating Ou?

I will take Muschamp against Wilson any day of the year.
Similarly, I would usually take Vulnerable against the Chimp (our OC) most days, except... two years ago, when we came out with 4 wide against Ou and Vulnerable didnt know how to counteract it. Vulnerable schemed very well last year to take away the short passing game and yet, Texas found a way to win.

Ou has shown itself, time and time again, to be the quintessential front runner. You get a lead, you're going to pour it on and win... the seas are calm, the sun is out and the breeze is perfect. BUT.. it has also been shown if you punch a Bob Stoops team in the nose, you get them down and behind then more often than not, that Ou team will quit.

We have nothing to lose. We have 12 freshman on the 2 deep roster. We have no business winning this game. But, if it is a one score game going into the 4th quarter, we all know who will be sweating, particularly if Texas has the lead. A Mack Brown coached team has shown itself time and time again that it has the heart to win close, big games.

oh.. no mercy asked.. none given.

Finally, UTgradOufan.. have you received your 30 pieces of silver yet?

Jboozer
9/30/2010, 08:40 AM
Austin likes orange, so does Stillwater..... Just sayin'

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 08:59 AM
Ou has shown itself, time and time again, to be the quintessential front runner. You get a lead, you're going to pour it on and win... the seas are calm, the sun is out and the breeze is perfect. BUT.. it has also been shown if you punch a Bob Stoops team in the nose, you get them down and behind then more often than not, that Ou team will quit.

Interesting how, just last Saturday it seems, one team quit like pussies, and the other gutted out a tough win on the road.

TexasLidig8r
9/30/2010, 09:16 AM
Interesting how, just last Saturday it seems, one team quit like pussies, and the other gutted out a tough win on the road.

Cincy? A tough team? Please.... :rolleyes:

You should have beaten them by 28.

pweitkem
9/30/2010, 09:18 AM
How much should you have beaten UCLA by?

Fraggle145
9/30/2010, 09:26 AM

And the best coach in your football history was from where exactly?

XingTheRubicon
I noticed you didn't mention your own boys.

As far as Cincy, they were tough enough to have the ball at mid-field, down 2 with 4 minutes to go. That's when our D ear-holed their QB and got the ball back.

I know what's happened in the past. I also found out just the other day that, currently, it's 2010...and so far in "2010" winners have won and losers have lost. What happened in 2009 doesn't really cross Garrett Gilbert's mind when he's methodically pissing down his leg.

TexasLidig8r

KantoSooner
9/30/2010, 10:06 AM
If not more. I really don't know what happpened in the UCLA game. I watched a bit of it, but not enough to tell.

At this stage, I am not putting too much credence in that one example. Overall, however, TX has looked surprisingly weak in offense and not as strong on D as the stats would imply. OU meanwhile has looked medium to warm offensively (surprisingly non-explosive) and much better on D than the stats say.

I think we win on Saturday, and we could win huge. If TX counts on winning close because of yadda, yadda, yadda, I think they may be wrong. This year's addition dont' seem as prone to melt down as last year.

UTgradOUfan
9/30/2010, 10:07 AM
Lid, the most accurate description of my wife is "smoking hot redhead". And yes, we walk the lovely trail around Town Lake. And yes, acknowledging the hot-ness of my bride does entitle you to the same leeway you have extended me.
But
The word of the day on whornfans is: MUDHOLE
Mudhole is being used as both a noun and a verb on whornfans. I love the imagery of this newly popular word - mudhole. It has a more colorful feel than its close synonyms:pasting and rout.
Which team has a recent history of mudholing, pasting or routing(take your pick) the other?
The "ifs" invoked by whornfans spinning some remote scenario which keeps the whorns in this game are more numerous that the pages of filler in your bloated media guide.
As to the Benedict Arnold reference, well then by the same logic that would make DKR a what? Judas? You may want to put that line of attack back in your "mudhole"(yet another useful way to use our new word-of-the-day). DKR most definitely took the "thirty pieces of silver" and then got the whorn's to name their stadium after a native Okie and Sooner star. While I am very proud of my UT degree I am Sooner born and Sooner bred and therefor enlightened and immune to the burnt orange Kool-Aid force fed feedlot style to the weak minded in these parts.
So drink your Kool-Aid, read your media guide, listen to the Zone, pray Muschamp doesn't bolt for Georgia, practice your "next year" speech and look forward the the next whorn home game at DKR/Sooner-Great Memorial Stadium. Just don't wear your best boots in Dallas this weekend. Once they get stuck in that mudhole they will never look the same again.

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2010, 10:13 AM
Lid, the most accurate description of my wife is "smoking hot redhead"...

This thread is useless without pic..

Nevermind.

;)

TexasLidig8r
9/30/2010, 10:31 AM
Lid, the most accurate description of my wife is "smoking hot redhead". And yes, we walk the lovely trail around Town Lake. And yes, acknowledging the hot-ness of my bride does entitle you to the same leeway you have extended me.
But
The word of the day on whornfans is: MUDHOLE
Mudhole is being used as both a noun and a verb on whornfans. I love the imagery of this newly popular word - mudhole. It has a more colorful feel than its close synonyms:pasting and rout.
Which team has a recent history of mudholing, pasting or routing(take your pick) the other?
The "ifs" invoked by whornfans spinning some remote scenario which keeps the whorns in this game are more numerous that the pages of filler in your bloated media guide.
As to the Benedict Arnold reference, well then by the same logic that would make DKR a what? Judas? You may want to put that line of attack back in your "mudhole"(yet another useful way to use our new word-of-the-day). DKR most definitely took the "thirty pieces of silver" and then got the whorn's to name their stadium after a native Okie and Sooner star. While I am very proud of my UT degree I am Sooner born and Sooner bred and therefor enlightened and immune to the burnt orange Kool-Aid force fed feedlot style to the weak minded in these parts.
So drink your Kool-Aid, read your media guide, listen to the Zone, pray Muschamp doesn't bolt for Georgia, practice your "next year" speech and look forward the the next whorn home game at DKR/Sooner-Great Memorial Stadium. Just don't wear your best boots in Dallas this weekend. Once they get stuck in that mudhole they will never look the same again.

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION!!!

NOW THIS IS GOOD QUALITY SMACK.

INSIGHTFUL. USING PRIOR THINGS SAID TO TWIST THE MESSAGE JUST A BIT. A TOUCH OF HUMOR. A FEW WELL THROWN OUT DIGS.

I SALUTE YOU SIR.

As for DKR.. Hardly a Judas.. It just took him awhile to come around and become enlightened.

Herr Scholz
9/30/2010, 11:00 AM
I've honestly never seen a U.T. Flag in Norman before and I lived there for the better part of 15 years....Cowards

That's because UT grads have way too much sense to live there. Besides that, it's a college town. Your post makes zero sense.

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 11:18 AM
That's because UT grads have way too much sense to live there. Besides that, it's a college town. Your post makes zero sense.

You couldn't afford a guest house in west Norman, just sayin'.

WildBlueSooner
9/30/2010, 11:19 AM
EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION!!!

NOW THIS IS GOOD QUALITY SMACK.

INSIGHTFUL. USING PRIOR THINGS SAID TO TWIST THE MESSAGE JUST A BIT. A TOUCH OF HUMOR. A FEW WELL THROWN OUT DIGS.

I SALUTE YOU SIR.

As for DKR.. Hardly a Judas.. It just took him awhile to come around and become enlightened.

I have some insightful smack....Lick my balls Lid! Oh, I almost forgot, texas SUCKS!

Just kidding.

But seriously!

KantoSooner
9/30/2010, 11:28 AM
DKR = Pimp

It's been explained before, no need to cover it again; just take the conclusion and be done with it.

goingoneight
9/30/2010, 11:52 AM
Pfft--bwahahahaha! "Our two loss team was way better than yours! You should have won by four scores against a team with way better recent success than Ooklah!"

while this game is a mystery to me, and I feel confident in nothing, let's not sit here and argue about whose opponent was tougher last weekend. UCLA has been terrible since their 11-win season in 2005. Cincinnati pulled out all the stops to beat OU and damn near did it with what looks to be a bad team. Guess what... in 2003, Bammer played us tough, too. You'd rather be 4-0 with at least something of an identity offensively going into this game just as badly as we'd like to have won 4 out of the last five.

UTgradOUfan
9/30/2010, 04:05 PM
Lid that was most gracious and appreciated. Very classy, thank you.
We made it to Dallas. Thats the good part. The bad part is that the non-stop hot redhead made me listen to David Grey most of the way. I must have done something awful in a past life.
As for Saturday it is this simple, you are stuck with a very lame horse(or bovine if you prefer) and your trainer is an ***-clown clapping monkey. The whole nation will be watching and the only real suspense is whether mack breaks down and cries or is this the week he actually flogs himself in a sputtering fit of self-abuse in the post-game interview.
On Sunday the birds will be chirping, the water at Barton Springs will still be 68 degrees, the women will be on their cell phones in the left lane on Mopac and you will be tempted to go out and put beat that lame horse/bovine to death with your whorn media guide because it just seems like the humane thing to do. You won't because your a fan and what ever humiliating thing mack does post-game please don't fire him. But it would be kind of fun if you guys would give the clapping monkey his toy cymbals back.
Now if I can only get that David Grey cd to disappear.

texas bandman
9/30/2010, 04:17 PM
I did know who David Ghey was so I googled him and listened to about 15 seconds of one of his songs. I would have blown my brains out if I listened to more. She must be really smokin hot! :D

TexasLidig8r
9/30/2010, 04:44 PM
Lid that was most gracious and appreciated. Very classy, thank you.
We made it to Dallas. Thats the good part. The bad part is that the non-stop hot redhead made me listen to David Grey most of the way. I must have done something awful in a past life.
As for Saturday it is this simple, you are stuck with a very lame horse(or bovine if you prefer) and your trainer is an ***-clown clapping monkey. The whole nation will be watching and the only real suspense is whether mack breaks down and cries or is this the week he actually flogs himself in a sputtering fit of self-abuse in the post-game interview.
On Sunday the birds will be chirping, the water at Barton Springs will still be 68 degrees, the women will be on their cell phones in the left lane on Mopac and you will be tempted to go out and put beat that lame horse/bovine to death with your whorn media guide because it just seems like the humane thing to do. You won't because your a fan and what ever humiliating thing mack does post-game please don't fire him. But it would be kind of fun if you guys would give the clapping monkey his toy cymbals back.
Now if I can only get that David Grey cd to disappear.

OH MY.. David Grey... :eek:

In nomine patre, et fidis, et spiritus sancti.

As I'm dining on some dead bovine tomorrow night at Craft Steakhouse and knowing in my heart of hearts, that although we have no business winning on Saturday, we will find a way to win and reveling in the meltdown that will so define this austere site for the next week..

I will face south.. tip my cap and know that you, my friend, have a 3 1/2 hour drive listening to some MORE David Grey.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8e1EkZ1ug

Really? Really? 3 1/2 hours of THAT? OUCH. She better have some smokin' hot lingerie to go with those smokin' hot looks to make up for that!

KC//CRIMSON
9/30/2010, 05:32 PM

Somewhere, John Makovic is pointing and laughing.

UTgradOUfan
9/30/2010, 07:55 PM
Lid, you shouldn't have. Really. You went and found a David Grey video for me? Thats sweet. Or mean. Or demented. Or maybe just desperate.
Perhaps you should spend your time better by going out and finding a QB who hasn't thrown a shovel pass for a pick 6. Really, in my wildest dreams I never imagined having the good fortune of facing the only QB ever to have a shovel pass intercepted and taken to the house as our opponent in the RRS.
Eat whatever you like Friday night because you will be eating crow Saturday night at the Mudhole Grill.

CrimsonRez
9/30/2010, 09:01 PM

So what you're saying is, is that if U.T. was located in....Waco I guess would be a good comparison. There wouldn't be any OU fans living there? Ya...makes sense :rolleyes:

LiveLaughLove
9/30/2010, 10:25 PM
I've met plenty of texans and ut grads and fans living in the OKC metro area.

Have one that lives down the street from me now.

They gripe and complain about living here, but when you tell 'em to move back south they look shocked. They know where their bread is buttered and it isn't south of the Red.

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2010, 08:07 AM
Lid, you shouldn't have. Really. You went and found a David Grey video for me? Thats sweet. Or mean. Or demented. Or maybe just desperate.
Perhaps you should spend your time better by going out and finding a QB who hasn't thrown a shovel pass for a pick 6. Really, in my wildest dreams I never imagined having the good fortune of facing the only QB ever to have a shovel pass intercepted and taken to the house as our opponent in the RRS.
Eat whatever you like Friday night because you will be eating crow Saturday night at the Mudhole Grill.

Demented.

The best thing to happen for Texas with regard to the Texas - Ou game (besides Vince and Colt of course) was Mike Stoops leaving.

Stoopsie's little wigwam is built on a foundation of quicksand.

No matter how many times Stoopsie screams out, "ALLAH AKBAR" it will do him no good.

sooneron
10/1/2010, 08:11 AM
austin = overrated. You had a nice run, but now you've become baby Dallas.

stoopified
10/1/2010, 08:55 AM
It is good being me, it really is. My OU flag is swaying in the Central texas breeze out on my patio eight floors above downtown Austin and not even the most myopic whorn fan on Lamar Blvd can miss it. But where is the hate this year? I miss that.
The Sooner faithful on this board are grumpy that despite all our talent we did not crush Cinnci. on the road. Get over it. Our guys look seriously good a lot of the time but don't play great all the time. Relax. The whorns are exactly what we need to feel better about, well, everything. Trust me.
I have watched the whorns every play this year and they are as bad as last weeks loss to a mediocre UCLA team would indicate. Imagine if every aspect of your team was as inept as our field goal kicker and then you have an idea of how bad things are here in Austin. The whorn fans are hating having to wear orange and go to Dallas this weekend. They know it is going to be horrible. They know it is going to be an ugly brutal weekend and most of them know that they will be Southbound on I-35 near Waco when the game is over.
Why are the whorns so bad? Who cares? Just know that Mack Brown really is very gay. He really is. But that is OK w/ the whorn faithful as long as he continues to play no one and wins. But when he plays no one and loses it gets extremely nasty around here. And nasty bad is what the whorns are and nasty bad is the mood in this town.
The whorns are always easy to hate but this year they are so hapless it has taken some of the joy out of being a professional whorn-hater. But when the going gets weird the weird turn pro. I know some of you can create scenarios where the Sooners actually lose this Saturday. Don't go there. The whorns have no offense: NONE! They have no line, no TE's, no recievers and no VY. Shipley finally graduated. Colt is a memory. Gilbert could be great(he's not) and it would not matter. But best of all the whorns have the worst RB's to ever wear that ugly orange. They are so pathetic they seriously do not have a RB who could get a scholarship at OU. Go ahead and ask why. The whorn fans are. Does it matter why? Just enjoy it and plan on eating wherever you like Saturday night in Dallas b/c my neighbors who are whorn fans are all planning on driving back to Austin after the game. Yes, they know that their team really is that bad.
Not to put too fine a point on it but the Sooners can play better and could be a great team. The whorns, as every single whorn fan I know readily admits, are putrid nasty bad. They have not done anything so far this year that allows even the most delusional among them to imagine they have a hope against any good team remaining on their schedule.
If any of you doubt any of this just look to our own board and marvel how weak tx lid's smack is this year. His crooked little heart is just not in this year. If you need more comfort and/or confirmation go to whorfans. Then again don't. It is really, really ugly. Self-loathing always is.
So relax, say the serenity prayer, enjoy the ride South. But, please, don't forget to hate the whorns and love being a SOONER!I hope you are right BUT it is OU-UT and anything can happen,how else to account for 30-27?

fossil
10/1/2010, 09:02 AM

;) Probably because it can be so much fun to fly a grea tbig OU flag from the (what floor was it???) 8th floor in downtown Austin.

sooneron
10/1/2010, 09:05 AM
As I'm dining on some dead bovine tomorrow night at Craft Steakhouse and knowing in my heart of hearts, that although we have no business winning on Saturday, we will find a way to win and reveling in the meltdown that will so define this austere site for the next week..

It's official, you're a sad little person that needs to spout materialism to help you feel better about yourself. You eat at overpriced places just so you can drop the name on SF.com. WEAK. CS is a another average spot that Collicchio has sold his soul/name to for the $. AVERAGE. Yes, I have eaten at CS, the real one in NY and it was pure disappointment. Drinks good, food AVERAGE. I can get good drinks at a lot of places that DON'T serve $45 ala carte pieces of meat. Sad little bald whorn indeed.

KantoSooner
10/1/2010, 09:15 AM
David Grey = John Mayer

Don't settle for either form of pap.

Label a CD (if you still use them) 'John Grey' and then record The Clash on it. It'll wake up the ride home at least.

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2010, 09:40 AM
It's official, you're a sad little person that needs to spout materialism to help you feel better about yourself. You eat at overpriced places just so you can drop the name on SF.com. WEAK. CS is a another average spot that Collicchio has sold his soul/name to for the $. AVERAGE. Yes, I have eaten at CS, the real one in NY and it was pure disappointment. Drinks good, food AVERAGE. I can get good drinks at a lot of places that DON'T serve $45 ala carte pieces of meat. Sad little bald whorn indeed.

Yes.. I have dined at the one in the city.. and Vegas as well.

We eat at this "overpriced" place in Dallas on the Friday night before the Texas - Ou game because (1). We have been there the last 2 years and each time, Texas won the game... therefore, it has become a bit of a superstition (2). We went there the first time because Mrs. Lid and I had a great time in the city the night we went to Craft and she loved the memory; and (3). The atmosphere at the W hotel the night before the game is a lot of fun. Last year, we saw the Ou cheerleaders and the horse pigs walking into the place.

Were it not for those 3 factors, we probably would be at Charlie Palmers or Fearings tonite.

It's called "the nice things we do for the spouse."

The only thing more sad and pathetic than your presumptive and factually and logically inaccurate post is the miniscule size of your johnson.

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 09:45 AM
I'm still waiting to see this smoking hot redhead wife

LifelongSooner
10/1/2010, 10:09 AM
I have to come out of the closet and admit I live in texas too. Lived in Oklahoma all of my 56 years and season ticket holder to the football games. Not having to pay a state income tax is very attractive, and no tax on groceries or pharmacy items either. 24 miles from the beach at Galveston, highs in the 80s and no weather below 42 degrees, which does this old body good. Wife loves it because the flowers and plants never die and bloom all year around. The town we live in was in CNNs top 10 places to live. Every town here has a massive park for the kids and it is all well kept.

So start the stoning now....

WildBlueSooner
10/1/2010, 10:13 AM
I'm still waiting to see this smoking hot redhead wife

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/images/2007/09/carrot_top_092707_04-thumb.jpg

:eek:

Jacie
10/1/2010, 10:23 AM
So start the stoning now....

No need. Okies who have lived there (Dallas for 11 years) know that the state of Texas and the U. of sa*et are two different things. As far as that goes, I knew more SMU people than whorns when I was there. I will say it would have helped had I retained more Spanish from the coursework I had to take in order to graduate from OU . . .

jumperstop
10/1/2010, 10:24 AM
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/images/2007/09/carrot_top_092707_04-thumb.jpg

:eek:

I forgot the girls in texas are a bit butch...

UTgradOUfan
10/1/2010, 10:55 AM
There will be no pics of Miss Non-Stop Hotness. Although if you are at the Stoneleigh this weekend you will not be able to miss her. She has threatened me with more David Grey and worse if I ever post a pic and/or don't stop referring to her as a trophy wife. Who knew that can be construed as a negative comment.
"People will think I'm a stupid little cookie half your age that you married in a fit mid-life angst" she's informed me.
Yes, dear, I will let them know we the same age and definitely no one's cookie.
OK now I'm off the hook on that and no longer need dread the DG punishment.
Now that that is out of the way we can get back to hating the whorns.

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2010, 03:54 PM
There will be no pics of Miss Non-Stop Hotness. Although if you are at the Stoneleigh this weekend you will not be able to miss her. She has threatened me with more David Grey and worse if I ever post a pic and/or don't stop referring to her as a trophy wife. Who knew that can be construed as a negative comment.
"People will think I'm a stupid little cookie half your age that you married in a fit mid-life angst" she's informed me.
Yes, dear, I will let them know we the same age and definitely no one's cookie.
OK now I'm off the hook on that and no longer need dread the DG punishment.
Now that that is out of the way we can get back to hating the whorns.

Pic or GTFO !!!

sooneron
10/1/2010, 04:23 PM
Yes.. I have dined at the one in the city.. and Vegas as well.

We eat at this "overpriced" place in Dallas on the Friday night before the Texas - Ou game because (1). We have been there the last 2 years and each time, Texas won the game... therefore, it has become a bit of a superstition (2). We went there the first time because Mrs. Lid and I had a great time in the city the night we went to Craft and she loved the memory; and (3). The atmosphere at the W hotel the night before the game is a lot of fun. Last year, we saw the Ou cheerleaders and the horse pigs walking into the place.

Were it not for those 3 factors, we probably would be at Charlie Palmers or Fearings tonite.

It's called "the nice things we do for the spouse."

The only thing more sad and pathetic than your presumptive and factually and logically inaccurate post is the miniscule size of your johnson.

Dick size humor? You being the one to call out others on their smack talk? Geez ****sulor, you have slipped way too far. I know that you'd like to know (surely your frequent 4th st after having your nails done...) the actual fact of the matter on that one, but no thanks, I'm happily straight. Besides, I'm not the one on my rival's website trying to compensate for something.:rolleyes:

sad, bald little whorn....

and yes, Craft Steak is average, therefore, I there is plenty of fact in my post. fag.

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2010, 06:30 PM
Dick size humor? You being the one to call out others on their smack talk? Geez ****sulor, you have slipped way too far. I know that you'd like to know (surely your frequent 4th st after having your nails done...) the actual fact of the matter on that one, but no thanks, I'm happily straight. Besides, I'm not the one on my rival's website trying to compensate for something.:rolleyes:

sad, bald little whorn....

and yes, Craft Steak is average, therefore, I there is plenty of fact in my post. fag.

You are truly dense.

So you are reduced to making remarks about a person's genetic make up? Wow.. why not their skin tone next?

And.. actually Cedar Park on 4th Street is a nice little club.

Oh. and a remark about one's sexuality. Nice.. misdirected but nice. I will certainly stack up Mrs. Lid against anyone.

Finally, saying Craft Steakhouse is average is an expression of OPINION. Some may enjoy it. Some may not. Your opinion does not instantly turn into a fact. Nice try though.

Enjoy having sex with your sister tonite.

CBUS_SOONER
10/1/2010, 06:41 PM

I hate the suckeyes and live in Columbus.... How can't you fall in love with the sooners! Most intelligent people do. BOOMER!!!!

XingTheRubicon
10/1/2010, 06:45 PM
to break away from follicle/inbred smack...a little gem from inside texas

http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=2703

Offensive line

The biggest mismatch of the day, however, will be Texas RT Britt Mitchell facing DE Jeremy Beal. Yet, Oklahoma’s O-line is relatively young, includes just two seniors, a pair of converted TEs plus three big uglies who logged their first collegiate start just two weeks ago. The fact that eight different Sooners have drawn starts through four games has hardly allowed its O-line to jell.

This category is a virtual ‘push’, however, because Texas’ talented, experienced offensive front has yet to line up and impose its will on anyone. LT Kyle Hix and LG Michael Huey have combined for 48 starts, whereas no Sooner lineman has more than eight starts on his resume.

(Slight) Edge: Texas

OU is averaging 2 TD's per game more than UT (against better competition) and UT can't run block or pass block...ever vs. anyone.

This is almost like saying OU's d line is better than UT's

UTgradOUfan
10/1/2010, 07:08 PM
Finally!
Some real hate.
Good
Let Lid eat wherever he wants because no matter what he orders all he is going to taste is bile.

But this veiled challenge is a drastic departure. So now we are using our wives as proxies in what is supposed to be a gridiron debate? Hmmmm
While the whorns are doomed to another mudholing and Lid may or may not pay too much for his dinner one thing I can also say with entire certainty. The ladies from both states tend to outshine those of anywhere I have ever been.
Tonight they will all look beautiful. Tomorrow night the ladies in burnt orange will be taking long soaking baths to wash off that icky dirty "my husband's football team just ruined my weekend in Dallas" funk.
Sorry Lid. Just tell her she looks great and give her your best "next year" speech and stop off at Stanley Korshaks on your way out of town.

sooneron
10/1/2010, 07:39 PM
You are truly dense.

So you are reduced to making remarks about a person's genetic make up? Wow.. why not their skin tone next?

And.. actually Cedar Park on 4th Street is a nice little club.

Oh. and a remark about one's sexuality. Nice.. misdirected but nice. I will certainly stack up Mrs. Lid against anyone.

Finally, saying Craft Steakhouse is average is an expression of OPINION. Some may enjoy it. Some may not. Your opinion does not instantly turn into a fact. Nice try though.

Enjoy having sex with your sister tonite.
Wow, you must be drunk, sister smack?
LOL, my sister is in Dallas probably being grossed out by the likes of some geezer like you trying to pass for "young" or "straight" for that matter. She's a chi-o at OU and WAY too good to go with some self entitled spoiled whorn (broke up with one two years ago) to waste her time.
I'm sure Mrs. Lid is a real treat. I would gladly stack my wife up against Gary, Todd or whatever "her" name is.:D

sooneron
10/1/2010, 07:43 PM
Oh, and LO****ingLoud!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/craftsteak-new-york

heh

My friend's steak house lasted longer in that neighborhood than Colicchio's. LoLZZZ

UTgradOUfan
10/1/2010, 08:31 PM
Btw it is Cedar Street. Nifty little place if you are in the mood for some prime slightly drunk aerobicised, surgically enhanced ex-wives. They tend to be of the friendly-flirty-nasty variety and very "open minded".
Just in case you have a need for a high-maintainence cookie or guilt free fling.

delhalew
10/1/2010, 09:16 PM
Time to dust this one off.
NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeXm7t-aAY

BigTip
10/1/2010, 11:48 PM
Born in Dallas but grew up in Norman. Use to sell cokes at the games. I can still feel the electricity that was in the air during the "Game of the Century" in 1971. So close!! Still hurts.

Ended up here in Austin. No hate please. It's an imperfect world.

A friend of mine, a rabid, myopic, dumb *** whorns fanatic told me after Texas' first game that he thought they would lose four games this year. He was resolved to the level of suckatude they were at. I think this is why the smack talk here towards me as been WAY subdued this year.

I've pressed all my yearly bets. I hope to be eatin' good for awhile down here.

47straight
10/2/2010, 02:57 AM
Austin is average, and would be much better without all the ********* longhorn fans.

sooneron
10/2/2010, 09:20 AM
Of course, this will all be moot after we hand the whorns their asses in about 5 hours.