PDA

View Full Version : Birth of a Champion

freshchris05
9/29/2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/092910aab.html

NORMAN, Okla. -- The new History of Oklahoma Football video series is headed for the big screen.

The Warren Theaters in Moore, Okla., will show the world premiere of part one in the series, the History of Oklahoma Football, Birth of a Champion, on Monday, Oct. 11.

One screening begins at 7 p.m., with the other to start at 7:15 p.m. Theaters Nos. 7 and 8, both of which can seat 445 patrons, will be designated for the showing.

Tickets, which are on sale now, are $8. They can be purchased at WarrenTheaters.com or any window at the theater in Moore.

CBS' Spencer Tillman, former Sooner running back and narrator for the series, will be in attendance and will sign autographs in the lobby prior to the screenings. Copies of the DVD also will be on sale at the theater's concessions stands that night.

The DVD sells for $19.99 and can be pre-ordered online through SoonerSports.com. It also is set for wide distribution in a number of stores in the coming weeks.

The first installment in the four-part series chronicles the beginning of the OU program in 1895 through the hiring of Bud Wilkinson.

"It's fascinating to see how this program developed into what we enjoy today," said Joe Castiglione, OU Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics and Athletics Director. "I've had the opportunity to preview Birth of a Champion and I can promise our fans that they will learn a lot about our program, and they'll do so through some very rare and entertaining footage."

Three more installments are coming in the series. The next will be highlighted by the Wilkinson years with others to include the Switzer and Stoops eras.

SoonerVision, the OU Athletics Department's video production department, is producing the series in conjunction with the school's multi-media rights holder, Sooner Sports Properties.

Have any of you been following this?

stoopified
9/29/2010, 05:45 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/092910aab.html

Have any of you been following this?I have my copy preordered.

SouthCarolinaSooner
9/29/2010, 06:06 PM
Reads too much like "Birth of a Nation" :P

GKeeper316
9/29/2010, 07:09 PM
Reads too much like "Birth of a Nation" :P

which was still not nearly as entertaining as "Afterbirth of a Nation"

birddog
9/29/2010, 07:37 PM
here i sit, buns 'aflexin
bout to give birth
to another texan.