PDA

View Full Version : Am I on Candid Camera?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/28/2010, 11:52 PM
Is that you Ashton Kutcher?

Ya see, I-za gettin' ready for the trip down from the flood plains of Minnesota to the dry lands of Oklahoma and North Central Texas for the little tilt in ye ol' Cotton Bowl on the State Fairgrounds in Big D...

I-za gettin' the tix packed away in advance so they aren't forgotten, and I take a little gander at them again.

Then it hits me...

Like Neo headin' down the rabbit hole, it hits me...

My tix, issued by the University of Oklahoma, to their ever faithful supporter (that's me) of the great University of Oklahoma Sooners football team, are in fact tickets that get me a comfy seat 32 rows up.....

...in Section 117.

And I realize... that ain't the tunnel side. That means it ain't the crimson side. That means I'm going to be sitting down with.... (hold on while I pinch my nose)... longhorns!?!?

Ohhhhhhh sh*t!

soonerborn30
9/29/2010, 08:20 AM
That SUCKS, man. I'd say "at least you're in the stadium"...but no. No I think that sucks.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/29/2010, 08:34 AM
Make sure you wear that "I Hate Orange" t-shirt. :D

soonerborn30
9/29/2010, 08:44 AM
Dude, seriously. Bring a tazer. It may be your only hope.

Check that. After halftime there should be plenty of room. :D

saucysoonergal
9/29/2010, 09:04 AM
This is an easy fix. Go to the Oklahoma side and find a misplaced whorn and ask said whorn if he/she would like to swap seats.

Easy Peasy.

Soonerwake
9/29/2010, 10:00 AM
This is an easy fix. Go to the Oklahoma side and find a misplaced whorn and ask said whorn if he/she would like to swap seats.

Easy Peasy.

I tried that 2 years ago. I got a couple of f**k offs, and a go screw yourself for my troubles. I think the horns sitting in our section are there by choice..

But, u never know. It's worth the effort to get away from those stinking a**holes.

goingoneight
9/29/2010, 10:15 AM
This would be the perfect way to vault OUr team's confidence level for them
to go in and handle Texas the way they did FSU. Granted, Texas is much better and more talented defensively, but I believe the offenses are close to the same thing scheme-wise. Corral the QB in the pocket and make him beat us. Neither FSU nor Texas seemingly had or has a threatening ground game IMO.
Offense just needs to keep it simple and move the ball the way they know how to do so. Broyles, Murray, Murray, Broyles, dink-and-dunk, spread the field of play out and lather, rinse, repeat until someone else offensively finds an easy opening.
Still, Texas's defense and Mack's ability to win the close games in dramatic fashion in recent years is worrisome. We've done enough to win so far, but we haven't really had the pressure cooker on Landry Jones to come from behind or Jimmy Stevens to hit a game-winner or anything like that. We looked good when it counted against Kansas State, OSU and Stanford during clutch moments, but also looked bad against WAY more teams in recent years when it came time to step up and take ownership of the game.

goingoneight
9/29/2010, 10:17 AM
Moral of the story: we play well and you'll have room to stretch your legs on that burnt orange side in the second half. :D

Pricetag
9/29/2010, 11:24 AM
My tix, issued by the University of Oklahoma, to their ever faithful supporter (that's me) of the great University of Oklahoma Sooners football team, are in fact tickets that get me a comfy seat 32 rows up.....

...in Section 117.
I'm one row in front of you, in seats 25 and 26.

soonerboomer93
9/29/2010, 12:09 PM
Aren't the sides being alternated?

Did OU have tunnel last year?

TMcGee86
9/29/2010, 12:20 PM
yeah that's what i was going to ask, didn't the whorns cry so much after 5 in a row that we agreed to switch sides every year?

yankee
9/29/2010, 12:24 PM
i sat on the whorn side in '08. it sucks.

Soonerfan88
9/29/2010, 12:28 PM
whorns cried about the tunnel side, so we agreed that the home team had their choice of seating. Whorns have never used their home option to switch ends because they would then be unable to see the big screen.

OU has always had seats on the ugly organge end as replacements for the seats lost due to the tunnel.

stoopified
9/29/2010, 04:14 PM
Is that you Ashton Kutcher?

Ya see, I-za gettin' ready for the trip down from the flood plains of Minnesota to the dry lands of Oklahoma and North Central Texas for the little tilt in ye ol' Cotton Bowl on the State Fairgrounds in Big D...

I-za gettin' the tix packed away in advance so they aren't forgotten, and I take a little gander at them again.

Then it hits me...

Like Neo headin' down the rabbit hole, it hits me...

...in Section 117.

And I realize... that ain't the tunnel side. That means it ain't the crimson side. That means I'm going to be sitting down with.... (hold on while I pinch my nose)... longhorns!?!?

Ohhhhhhh sh*t!They did THAT to me in 2008,it sucks. Good luck.

ouduckhunter
9/29/2010, 04:30 PM
I've sat on the Whorn side before, and we just ignored each other. Nobody messed with us, even though they won that year. One of the worst things about it was having to listen to their fight songs and chants all afternoon, and walking down the ramps after the game with all of their celebrating fans! That sucked!