PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Karate Kid

setem
9/28/2010, 08:50 PM
The tournament part is on right now if anyone wants to watch. It's on Encore Drama. 204 on Cox in OK.

YOU'RE THE BEST!

Blue
9/28/2010, 08:53 PM
Encore plays it constantly...and I always watch it!

Get em a body bag!!! Yeaaah!!!

setem
9/28/2010, 08:54 PM
That is my favorite line in any movie ever!

Viking Kitten
9/28/2010, 10:04 PM
Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

picasso
9/28/2010, 11:39 PM
Let's do it for Jawwwhney!!!

err, um.

Pricetag
9/29/2010, 09:57 AM
Next to Johnny, Dutch was the biggest a-hole in the movie, and they only show us about half of his fight with Daniel in the quarterfinals. The "Get him a body bag!" guy totally freaked out when Daniel beat him--I can't believe we didn't get to see Dutch's reaction.

Salt City Sooner
9/29/2010, 01:13 PM
Next to Johnny, Dutch was the biggest a-hole in the movie, and they only show us about half of his fight with Daniel in the quarterfinals. The "Get him a body bag!" guy totally freaked out when Daniel beat him--I can't believe we didn't get to see Dutch's reaction.
http://www.yarrasoup.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/John-Kreese.jpg

No contest as far as I'm concerned. At least at the end, Johnny manned up & insisted on awarding the trophy to LaRusso himself.

Pricetag
9/29/2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.yarrasoup.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/John-Kreese.jpg

No contest as far as I'm concerned. At least at the end, Johnny manned up & insisted on awarding the trophy to LaRusso himself.
Heh, you're correct, of course. I was talking about the kids actively bullying Daniel.

Viking Kitten
9/29/2010, 01:34 PM
I always thought it would have been hilarious if Johnny had taken the trophy and run away.

Pricetag
9/29/2010, 03:10 PM
Ladies:

Was Ralph Maccio really a heart throb type for you guys in the '80s? I ask because there is a real dweeb vibe that I get from the character of Daniel Larusso that I have always wondered if it was acting.

Case in point, the scene where Daniel and Alli make up at Golf 'N Stuff after the birthday party scene. He just seems so unnatural the way he interacts with her, how he touches her, and especially how he kisses her.

Viking Kitten
9/29/2010, 03:34 PM
I'll answer this one for Chris. The answer is yes.

The reason is because he was the kind of heartthrob that often appeals to younger teenage girls, a little more androgynous, not quite as overtly masculine. That type of guy is not as threatening to girls who are just becoming aware of their sexuality. It's not until later teens and 20s that we figure out that bad boy Han Solo is much sexier than Luke Skywalker. Then its about another 20 years before we figure out that Luke was really the better choice all along because Jedis probably make a lot more than pilots and are probably not flying around the galaxy picking up space meat in seedy cantinas.

fadada1
9/29/2010, 04:45 PM

BLASPHEMY!!! That's Steve McQueen's kid!!! And Steve McQueen was cool as ****!!!

soonerbub
9/29/2010, 05:02 PM
OUT. OF. COMMISSION.

There is no pain in this dojo!

Daniel dressed as a shower was pretty gay tho

Czar Soonerov
9/29/2010, 05:09 PM
Case in point, the scene where Daniel and Alli make up at Golf 'N Stuff after the birthday party scene. He just seems so unnatural the way he interacts with her, how he touches her, and especially how he kisses her.

I'm sure the scene would have been less awkward for him if you were there to calm his nerves. ;)

Czar Soonerov
9/29/2010, 05:10 PM
NSFW
TAtd2r49wFw