PDA

View Full Version : Oct 4th, 11pm EST, please set your DVRs to SyFy Channel

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 12:53 PM
Just asking for a little help from my fellow Sooners. A pilot that I've been working on for two years is finally getting aired on SyFy on Oct 4th, EST.

We need to get as many viewers as we possibly can because it's a completely unknown concept that they are trying out. They are considering green lighting it for either a full length feature film (ala Firefly) or a new tv series. Either would be great, but it's gonna depend on viewership, downloads and web chatter.

The people who worked on it are an extremely talented, but very young, group that I'm very proud of and believe in strongly. There's plenty of action and the pilot itself is short of an hour long so it will move by very quickly.

After it airs on SyFy it will be released on Amazon TV and iTunes for downloads in its original 4 minute webisode format. These shorter episodes will include very cool Anime sequences (think the middle story in Kill Bill Vol. 1) which won't be included in the 1 hour pilot.

After that phase, the show will be available on Hulu, Youtube, X-Box Live and the Playstation Network.

Any and all downloading, streaming or DVRing is counted and helps us a lot.

So I'm here asking y'all to help out with a little viewing please please please.

And, as a bonus, those of you who think I'm a doodie face get to see me brutally murdered in the pilot episode. That's gotta be worth it all by itself, eh? :)

Here's a link to the official website which includes background info, photos, short videos and trailers.

Please feel free to repost anywhere and to let anyone who you think might be interested know all about it.

http://www.theresistanceseries.com/#/home

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 12:58 PM
t5hMblPDgnI

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2010, 01:03 PM
post it to reddit

yermom
9/28/2010, 01:05 PM
spoiler tags! :mad:

:D

olevetonahill
9/28/2010, 01:06 PM
How in hell they gonna know if I watched it or not ?
Plus Ya will have to remind me about 10 mins before it starts cause I dont know HOW to pre set that thing and MY memory is just a tad shorter than my dick :O

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 01:11 PM
post it to redditWhat's reddit? Never heard of it. Can you help me out on that one? :)

How in hell they gonna know if I watched it or not ?
Plus Ya will have to remind me about 10 mins before it starts cause I dont know HOW to pre set that thing and MY memory is just a tad shorter than my dick :OHeh...:)

Well, I'll try to keep this bumped up on the first page until Oct 4th. At that time, shortly before it airs, I'll start taking $hit on the Posse and your drunk dialing abilities. That should get your 'tention.

Then I'll nicely remind you that you can watch me die on the TV if you can find the remote in your drunken stupor.

That should do it. :D

;)

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2010, 01:19 PM
reddit is like soonerfans, but on a much larger scale. Reddit got Colbert to do his rally by raising and donating more than $250,000 to his favorite charity. If you can get a link to the front page, you can gain hundreds of thousands of unique page hits to any given site.

I will post it, but being a lowly peasant in the reddit kingdom, I may not be able to get much.

OhU1
9/28/2010, 01:24 PM
Ok, will do. Althought it is against my policy to watch the SyFy channel.

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 01:31 PM
reddit is like soonerfans, but on a much larger scale. Reddit got Colbert to do his rally by raising and donating more than $250,000 to his favorite charity. If you can get a link to the front page, you can gain hundreds of thousands of unique page hits to any given site.

I will post it, but being a lowly peasant in the reddit kingdom, I may not be able to get much.
Shoot...then if I tried to post it I'd be far below even lowly peasant status. I'd be in the **** Boy range. :)

Thanks for posting it over there, man. I appreciate all the help I can get on this one.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2010, 01:34 PM
It was my first post over there, I usually just browse.

http://www.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments/dk495/a_friend_of_mine_has_been_working_on_a_syfy_show/

Chuck Bao
9/28/2010, 01:47 PM
Dude, congrats. I hope it turns out to be a huge success. I will do my best to click on the site and watch the first one-hour episode.

But to be honest, the trailer really didn't encourage me to watch it. There was a lot of shooting. There was a guy in a beard being tortured and a mysterious disease and a distant world. Are we talking about Mexico here?

Okay, I realize that the trailer really can't reveal the future plot twists and drama and some intense acting. I'm sure it will be most excellent and I'll be hooked by the second episode.

Besides, I really want to see you act in your death scene.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2010, 01:53 PM
If any of use guys have reddit accounts, go give LAS some upboats on reddit.

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 01:54 PM
I don't really "act." Squibs go off, blood splatters and I bust my face on some concrete. :)

Thanks for the support, gang.

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 01:58 PM
Hey! Thanks for the sticky, guys! :)

olevetonahill
9/28/2010, 02:00 PM
What's reddit? Never heard of it. Can you help me out on that one? :)

Heh...:)

Well, I'll try to keep this bumped up on the first page until Oct 4th. At that time, shortly before it airs, I'll start taking $hit on the Posse and your drunk dialing abilities. That should get your 'tention.

Then I'll nicely remind you that you can watch me die on the TV if you can find the remote in your drunken stupor.

That should do it. :D

;)

Since the Docs said I gots the Die aBeetus , Ive pretty much quit drankin:mad: Until I can get the sugar under control and get my Fatass a tad slimmer
At what point do you come into the show? Post a Pic of yer character

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 02:02 PM
Click the link. There's a pic of me in the pic section.

olevetonahill
9/28/2010, 02:27 PM
you the dude with the bad Hair in a white shirt?

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 02:56 PM
No. I'm the mean cop looking guy with bad hair in the SWAT gear.

Last pic in the gallery. I'm talking over a shot setup with the director.

NormanPride
9/28/2010, 03:43 PM
One of my dreams is to be an uncredited actor in an action movie. I think being "Beheaded Man #5" would be AWESOME.

This is very cool and I will watch, definitely.

Oldnslo
9/28/2010, 04:42 PM
Cool! I'll set the dvr. Or, truthfully, I'll get my son to do it.

Good luck, K!

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2010, 05:10 PM
I'll check it out.

GKeeper316
9/28/2010, 05:15 PM
do we get to see your g/f nekkid again?

Viking Kitten
9/28/2010, 05:28 PM
Awesome LAS! Fingers crossed for you. We'll tune in!

Veritas
9/28/2010, 05:41 PM
good deal, I've been wondering what became of this.

Collier11
9/28/2010, 05:44 PM
Good like K, ill check it out

OUinFLA
9/28/2010, 05:47 PM
Could I have your autograph before you get all famous and uppity?.......... Oh, wait.........

Collier11
9/28/2010, 05:47 PM
Isnt that your GF in some of the pics?

GKeeper316
9/28/2010, 06:03 PM
Isnt that your GF in some of the pics?

she's the one that's way too pretty and cool to be with LAS ;P

LosAngelesSooner
9/28/2010, 06:22 PM
do we get to see your g/f nekkid again?No.

Awesome LAS! Fingers crossed for you. We'll tune in!Yay! :)

Could I have your autograph before you get all famous and uppity?.......... Oh, wait.........Never gonna be/wanna be famous. Can't help being uppity. How 'bout I just buy you a beer sometime?

Isnt that your GF in some of the pics?Yep. She's the lead.

she's the one that's way too pretty and cool to be with LAS ;P...and that's an understatement.

Sooner_Havok
9/28/2010, 06:30 PM
I got 10 upvotes so far. People seem to like some chick named Katrina Law :D

Phil
9/28/2010, 09:13 PM
Hey! Thanks for the sticky, guys! :)

My pleasure.

Dio
9/28/2010, 09:44 PM
DVR set

Veritas
9/29/2010, 09:20 AM
I was just watching Comedy Central and realized that LAS could be Nick Swardson's better looking brother.

OKLA21FAN
9/29/2010, 09:25 AM
this isnt going to end up after 6 seasons where the 'star trek time travel' dealio is used and after all that time we find out that they are all dead.

hope not :pop:

LosAngelesSooner
9/29/2010, 12:58 PM
this isnt going to end up after 6 seasons where the 'star trek time travel' dealio is used and after all that time we find out that they are all dead.

hope not :pop:Naw. I, for one, hate the gimmick of time travel. So does the director.

But lemme tell ya...if it goes for six seasons I personally guarantee that I'll show up for a tail gate with high quality Okie barbecue and good beer for all of you yahoos.

And a salad for Vet.

olevetonahill
9/29/2010, 01:10 PM
Hell I prolly be dead in 6 years ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2010, 02:50 PM
I doubt it Olevet, beer if drunk in enough quantity makes you immortal. I put it on my DVR, I will be working when it comes on. I always added her fan page on facebook too since there is no excuse for her to be 20,000 fans behind Bear Grylls

soonerboomer93
9/29/2010, 05:17 PM
Ok, will do. Althought it is against my policy to watch the SyFy channel.

I watch the SyFy channel, it has some good stuff, but monday night is one of it's worst nights. I think it had "Ghost Whisperer" reruns, a few weeks back it had some Robotech.

I'll probably watch, hopefully they'll mention it on Blastr which will help me remember.

GottaHavePride
9/29/2010, 11:47 PM
Is this going to be better or worse than Sharktopus? Because that one was flippin' hilarious.

Collier11
9/29/2010, 11:50 PM
Can you please write in the most famous line from RoboCop..."Dead or Alive, youre coming with me" PLEASE!!!

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2010, 04:14 AM
LAS:

I'm a member of several fan groups for Legend of the Seeker and I asked them to watch for Katrina since they all LOVED seeing her play a Mord Sith. I can't claim my message got to millions or anything, but I can claim 10,000 or so on those groups.

Good luck.

Collier11
10/4/2010, 11:23 AM
did you make the request on your furry boards? Thats where all the people are :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/4/2010, 01:45 PM
LAS:

I'm a member of several fan groups for Legend of the Seeker and I asked them to watch for Katrina since they all LOVED seeing her play a Mord Sith. I can't claim my message got to millions or anything, but I can claim 10,000 or so on those groups.

Good luck.
Thanks, man! Yeah, the LOTS people REALLY liked her character a lot.

Well, tonight is the night! Everyone make sure to set your DVRs and watch it!!!

THE RESISTANCE tonight on the SyFY Channel. 8pm PST/11pm EST

GottaHavePride
10/4/2010, 08:11 PM
w00t!

LosAngelesSooner
10/4/2010, 08:21 PM
:les: SET YER DVRs!!!!!!!!!

Collier11
10/4/2010, 09:51 PM
Set! Good luck with its success

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 09:55 PM
Gots a question . If Im gonna watch it why i need to DVR it ?

Collier11
10/4/2010, 09:57 PM
I think he was askin for either

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 10:05 PM
I think he was askin for either

Heh, Thot he were just being his usual arsehole self :D

Collier11
10/4/2010, 10:54 PM
Hey LAS, wasnt that you that got blasted in the first scene? If so it looks like you got quite a bit of face time, good jorb!

I thought it was pretty cool, I like the style and the back story, I have to admit though that I didnt like the comic book stuff. Overall it was pretty cool, gotta go finish it now :D

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 11:04 PM
Ok heres My take.
It aint my cup of tea, But will be as fair as I can in my assessment.

1st the Camera work gave me a headache it was way to jerky.

A lot of the action scenes wernt very realistic.
All in all Id give it a C maybe a C+
It wernt Great But it was Far better than a Lot of crap that has had runs of several years
Good luck with it .

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 11:05 PM
Hey LAS, wasnt that you that got blasted in the first scene? If so it looks like you got quite a bit of face time, good jorb!

I thought it was pretty cool, I like the style and the back story, I have to admit though that I didnt like the comic book stuff. Overall it was pretty cool, gotta go finish it now :D

Of the 3 in front of that Truck/car whatever I think he were the one kneeling and went face 1st in to the sidewalk :D

Collier11
10/4/2010, 11:07 PM
He was the one without the helmet on

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 11:13 PM
He was the one without the helmet on

Yup. Ugly bastage aint he . He aint Purty like you an Me . But he do have a Purty Mouf;)

Crucifax Autumn
Still a couple of hours until it comes on here. I'll be watching though.

Collier11
I think VET has him a left coast crush :eek:

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 11:17 PM
I think VET has him a left coast crush :eek:

Naw I wont steal him from ya. Besides ya dint leave me his # Ya ****er :mad:

Collier11
10/4/2010, 11:19 PM
I knew how dangerous that woulda been :D

olevetonahill
10/4/2010, 11:27 PM
Since ive pretty much quit drankin , Im kinda boring and shat :O

Collier11
10/4/2010, 11:41 PM
I still drink and im pretty much bored, lol

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/5/2010, 12:55 AM
I sure hope she doesn't hit LAS like she hit that bum!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/5/2010, 01:09 AM
After watching that making of thing after the show...Yeah, she is way too good for you :P That is actually is a huge compliment though. I would much rather have people saying that to me than to my g'f :P

Collier11
10/5/2010, 01:13 AM
Nothing wrong with dating over your head, ive been told my whole life that my GFs have been far too good looking to be with me :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 01:33 AM
Just from a production standpoint, it's hard to follow the dialogue with the echo and the way it blends with the incidental music. I AM catching the dialogue, don't get me wrong, but it requires pretty full attention to not miss what they are saying, particularly during interior scenes.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/5/2010, 01:34 AM
That's true, but Rosie O'Donnell would be to good looking for you ;)

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 01:38 AM
The whole show reminds me of the healthcare system. Treat the symptom, but never allow a cure! lol

Collier11
10/5/2010, 02:06 AM
That's true, but Rosie O'Donnell would be to good looking for you ;)

Ouch! More like Roseanne Barr :D

GKeeper316
10/5/2010, 02:26 AM
Yup. Ugly bastage aint he

you should see him in drag sometime...

anyways, keith.. liked it, and i loved the comic book stuff, but im a huge comics geek... and you guys shoulda hired JW4 for the artwork :P

and i'd REALLY like to stack them 2 blondes, if you could hook that up for me, that'd be swell.

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 02:34 AM
Thanks for watching it and for all the feedback and support, guys. It was done on a shoestring budget by a very small group of talented people, but I'm proud of all they did and am still trying to get their project (and the next one) to a bigger level. It's a long, hard road, but a very possible one, I believe.

To answer your questions, yes, I'm the guy with no helmet on at the beginning who takes a face first dive into the sidewalk. Yes, it actually hurt doing that. Yes, I'm aware of Vet's man-love crush on me. It goes way back. Yes, Collier, I VERY MUCH appreciate the fact that you didn't leave my number with him...especially since you promised you wouldn't give my number out when I sent it to ya. ;)

Anyway, if more develops with the series, I'll let everyone know.

If you liked the animations, make sure to download the iTunes copies or to watch them on Hulu when they are out (in the next week or so) since there is a lot more animation in the shortened webisode versions.

And thank you, thank you, thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, for supporting the show and watching it. :)

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 02:41 AM
So what all did you do in the production aside from eating pavement?

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 02:42 AM
Be sure and let us know when it's available on hulu. I'd really like to see the animated parts.

I'll let you know if I hear any feedback from the Seeker crowd too.

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 02:48 AM
I made a LOT of phone calls and called in a lot of favors. It's kind of complicated, but I'm really trying my best to help the two guys who put the whole thing together move up to the next level. I really believe in them and like them a lot.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 02:55 AM
Well worth your time. It seems to have a lot of potential that is actually hard to grade on one episode. With a little more budget and a bit more time it could be better than most of the shows on SyFy.

I gave it a 10 star vote on IMDB, though if it wasn't for you I probably would have given it a 7 assuming it stayed this intriguing as more of the plot is revealed. And 7 is really high for me on there!

Again, good luck to everyone involved.

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks, man. And I agree with you...with more time and money they could really do justice to the script and idea. But all they had was one shot, so that's what you saw.

Oh, and whatever childish loser one starred this thread needs to be taken out back behind the wood shed and beaten for being a general ****** knocker.

Collier11
10/5/2010, 03:03 AM
With a little more budget and a bit more time it could be better than most of the shows on SyFy.

I very rarely watch SyFy but when I have, the movies on there seem to be amazingly corny. This was a major step up from that junk...

Oh, and whatever childish loser one starred this thread needs to be taken out back behind the wood shed and beaten for being a general ****** knocker.

I have a pretty good idea that it was likely the Landry hater :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2010, 03:08 AM
The one star bandit? lol

OhU1
10/5/2010, 08:55 AM
I watched it until that heath care ration Nazi LAS bought the farm. No credit giving bastard that he was.

I liked the "style" and feel of the production. It reminded me of the Half Life II video game.

olevetonahill
10/5/2010, 09:48 AM
Hey LAS a coupla questions fer ya

Did YOU get em all those weapons at a local Gunshow??

Was the shot that Kilt yer character a 1000 yarder?

Inquiring Minds wanta Know this **** .:P

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 12:23 PM
The only shot you've ever made came outta your still. ;)

olevetonahill
10/5/2010, 12:27 PM
The only shot you've ever made came outta your still. ;)

Dont have it anymore . PoPos took it :mad:

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 12:54 PM
REALLY!? I didn't know that! When did that happen?

Booooooooo....

olevetonahill
10/5/2010, 01:34 PM
REALLY!? I didn't know that! When did that happen?

Booooooooo....

End Of Jan. Son an DIL went thru a Messy Devorce . She was just being a Bitch and squealed like a Fat hog
Da bitch, I dint do anything to her.
Oh well . I Know a Guy who lives in the Woods that can handle it ;)

Collier11
10/5/2010, 01:35 PM
He REALLY lives in the woods on a Hill, ive been there

olevetonahill
10/5/2010, 01:37 PM
Oh an C11 dint give out yer didjits, However he aint the Brightest Drunk in the land . If i had wanted to I coulda wrote it down from my Phone after he dialed it :D

Collier11
10/5/2010, 01:42 PM
Peer Pressure man, Peer Pressure

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 02:02 PM
You gave me your word, Collier.

Collier11
10/5/2010, 02:10 PM
I didnt go back on it, Vet just really wanted to talk to ya so I dialed it for him :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 02:18 PM
Ok. Well, don't give it out. A man's only as good as his word. ;)

Collier11
10/5/2010, 02:23 PM
and you promised me the world, still waiting...

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 02:53 PM
OK....let me get this straight....

I'm supposed to set my DVR tonight for what? :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 04:08 PM
and you promised me the world, still waiting...I never make a promise I can't keep. :)

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 04:09 PM
OK....let me get this straight....

I'm supposed to set my DVR tonight for what? :D
Don't sweat it. You can download The Resistance from iTunes as of today. :)

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2010, 04:10 PM
...and don't call me bro, PAL.

:D

olevetonahill
10/5/2010, 04:15 PM

And YOU promised me you would give me his # when I gave you that 50 bucks . Now either Get the Didjits Or give me my 50 back Ya slut :mad:

Collier11
10/5/2010, 04:20 PM
you paid me in nickels

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 04:20 PM
I've got his number...i'll sell it for 8 dollars and a grill cheese sammich...

and when you call, ask him to speak in a southern girl accent...immediate boner

olevetonahill
10/5/2010, 04:24 PM
you paid me in nickels

Woulda used quarters but you said ya wernt a 2 bit Ho

Petro-Sooner
10/5/2010, 08:21 PM
DVR'd it but havnt watched. I'm not really into syfy but I wish it luck.

Crucifax Autumn
10/6/2010, 02:20 AM
So is it or is it not a metaphor for our healthcare system? Like I pointed out before, the bad guy is kinda like doctors and drug companies treating the symptoms and avoiding a cure since healthy people don't buy their product.

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 02:33 AM
That's one thing you could get from it.

Truly, though, there was no agenda. It's really just a good ol' fashioned SciFi yarn. That's all.

Crucifax Autumn
10/6/2010, 02:49 AM
That was my real question, whether it was intentional or one of those things that crops up unintended as happens so much in virtually every art form.

Crucifax Autumn
10/6/2010, 02:52 AM
And still no feedback from the Seeker crowd. I know a lot of them watched but they are too busy bothering every network and production comapany on the planet with their letters, e-mails, and assorted other publicity stunts to actually type a few comments! lol

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:30 AM
LAS.....can you get Gary Busey to come to the ISU Tailgate? Now that he's a Sooner Fan I thought we might ought break him in right with some OVJ. :D

http://www.moviesonline.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/GaryBuseyOscars.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 01:17 PM
I've met his kid, but never him. He freakin' scares me. For realz.

Collier11
10/6/2010, 01:18 PM
Id rather you bring Jessica Alba, if you do that I will pay your entire trip down here :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/6/2010, 02:12 PM
I have met Jessica Alba and you wouldn't want her....

soonerboomer93
10/6/2010, 02:38 PM
I've got his number...i'll sell it for 8 dollars and a grill cheese sammich...

and when you call, ask him to speak in a southern girl accent...immediate boner

I got 1/2 a bag of stale cheetos, will that work?

TUSooner
10/6/2010, 02:45 PM
OK, I blew the gig. Very sorry. :O
So... will somebody post a pic of LASooner geeting offed.... and one of his hot GF too? :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2010, 04:35 PM
Id rather you bring Jessica Alba, if you do that I will pay your entire trip down here :D
I've never met her, but I do know Jessica Biel. Would that suffice?

Collier11
10/6/2010, 05:17 PM
Ill take either kind sir, and Gandalf, yes I would

Veritas
10/9/2010, 10:07 AM
I've never met her, but I do know Jessica Biel. Would that suffice?
That girl is hot as hell. Way hotter than Alba.

So I was thinking this was the pilot for a series, LAS. Is that not the case? Hope so...I'd like to see where it goes.

The comic book thing was unexpected but was a nice way to do the expository stuff. I do agree with whoever said that the dialogue was hard to hear...I had to turn on the close captioning.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2010, 10:36 AM
That blew monkey chunks.

Just kidding, I haven't watched it yet. Let me know when it is out on hulu.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2010, 02:41 PM
75 - Well, it's on iTunes right now...so you can get it that way.

Veritas - Yeah, a "test pilot." So nothing else has been shot yet, but they were testing it to see if people liked it. If they did, then they were going to consider throwing more money at it to shoot more stuff. That's why the downloads, etc, are so important in this case.

And any time you do any kind of low budget, independent thing, the first thing that suffers is the audio. Amazing cameras are available cheap nowadays, but the high def audio equipment (and the knowhow re: using it) is just as scarce.

Hopefully new high end audio will become available at a cheaper level.

Veritas
10/9/2010, 09:46 PM
ok, so i DVRed it, bought it on iTunes, and I'll watch in on Hulu. What else can we do to support you/K?

Thanks for the explanation about the audio. Makes perfect sense.

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2010, 12:15 AM
Veritas, my man, you're a rock star. Thanks for supportin' the cause. :)

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2010, 05:42 AM
*sigh*

Fuggin' Seeker people never said anything useful, unless you count a bunch of fanboys drooling over your girl as useful. But hell, at least they watched!

I'd try to get them all watching on Hulu when you share that link, but then they'd have to take LOTS off of continuous play and that's not gonna happen.