PDA

View Full Version : The Tillman Story

JohnnyMack
9/28/2010, 09:58 AM
hWmqogu3mZw

Also, Pat's brother was interviewed on Bill Maher recently, here's the NSFW clip:

_t_V_7U8qdc

I'm really curious about this movie. Thoughts?

SoonerStormchaser
9/28/2010, 10:31 AM
Yah, they royally effed up...but this movie looks like a traditional Michael Moore hatchet-job.

olevetonahill
9/28/2010, 10:38 AM
If MM had any thing to do with it , Ill Read the Book ;)

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2010, 10:40 AM
Does the movie tell the truth? If so then I'm not gonna bitch since it'll be a step ahead of the powers that be on this one.

JohnnyMack
9/28/2010, 10:44 AM
Yah, they royally effed up...but this movie looks like a traditional Michael Moore hatchet-job.

I dunno, I think if my son got killed and I was lied to about what happened and he was used posthumously as a propaganda tool that I'd be pretty pissed off and that I'd be rather aggressive in learning the truth.

pilobolus
9/28/2010, 10:47 AM
I would hate to have the Tillmans pissed at me.

olevetonahill
9/28/2010, 11:07 AM
I would hate to have the Tillmans pissed at me.

Why? Hell ya done got 1/2 the Football forum Pissed at ya :D

pilobolus
9/28/2010, 11:08 AM
Why? Hell ya done got 1/2 the Football forum Pissed at ya :D

That's okay, I would still be more worried about the Tillman family than that bunch of panty-waisted whorn lovers!;)

OhU1
9/28/2010, 11:10 AM
I'd like to know more about Tillman, who I greatly respect, but I'd rather not have to hear a lot of conspiracy theory Michael Moore style nonsense.

soonerscuba
9/28/2010, 12:08 PM
I'd like to know more about Tillman, who I greatly respect, but I'd rather not have to hear a lot of conspiracy theory Michael Moore style nonsense.I think the conspiracy about the alteration of facts and protocol around his death is a bit more than theory. I think Pat Tillman didn't fit a lot of people's narrative of what they wanted him to be, including some very important people. He was a lot more interesting than the propaganda anyway.

OhU1
9/28/2010, 12:42 PM
I think the conspiracy about the alteration of facts and protocol around his death is a bit more than theory. I think Pat Tillman didn't fit a lot of people's narrative of what they wanted him to be, including some very important people. He was a lot more interesting than the propaganda anyway.

Right, I know there's been some white washing of Tillman and his story. I would just be equally turned off by anyone trying to use Tillman to push an anti-governement, anti-military agenda they may have if there is not good evidence (as opposed to cynical supposition and distrust of the Man) to support it.

I would be interested in an objective investigation and story about Tillman.

KABOOKIE
9/28/2010, 09:11 PM
Wow another liberal jihad propaganda film.

stoopified
9/28/2010, 10:02 PM
The documentary I am looking forward to seeing is WHO KILLED MICHAEL MOORE?

JohnnyMack
9/28/2010, 10:29 PM
Wow another liberal jihad propaganda film.

Yep. Because your government will NEVER lie to you.

KABOOKIE
9/28/2010, 10:33 PM
BS. The story has been outed already. What you say? The government lies? Noooooo! :rolleyes:

This movie is another liberal's wet ****ing dream to drive home the jihad agenda. Might as well give your money to OBL.

JohnnyMack
9/28/2010, 10:59 PM
You're really not as smart as you like to pretend.

KABOOKIE
9/28/2010, 11:26 PM
Well at least pretend JM cuz you're looking a little like jihad joe.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 12:16 AM
Jihad Joe is my favorite gum.

JohnnyMack
9/29/2010, 09:49 AM
Well at least pretend JM cuz you're looking a little like jihad joe.

Yep. That's me. What I want more than anything is for there to be MORE religion in this world.

XingTheRubicon
9/29/2010, 05:34 PM
I saw that interview on Maher. All I can say is wow, I mean I can't even imagine losing a brother or how I'd deal with it...however that younger brother is a complete tool.

Several American families lose their loved ones at war. They just don't have a draft beer in hand and drop multiple F bombs at the funeral...nor do they wish the death of the fellow soldiers that was in Tillman's unit. What a complete and utter jack*ss.

I hated the news of Pat Tilmans death. Hated it. I'm getting ready to be a dad for the third time (first boy) and we seriously considered the middle name Patrick, before choosing another. IMO, Pat Tillman represented everything that was right and unfortunatly, very rare, today. One last thing, Pat Tillman would kick the ever loving sh*t out of his idiot snot-nosed brother if he were still here.

JohnnyMack
9/30/2010, 09:20 AM
I saw that interview on Maher. All I can say is wow, I mean I can't even imagine losing a brother or how I'd deal with it...however that younger brother is a complete tool.

Several American families lose their loved ones at war. They just don't have a draft beer in hand and drop multiple F bombs at the funeral...nor do they wish the death of the fellow soldiers that was in Tillman's unit. What a complete and utter jack*ss.

I hated the news of Pat Tilmans death. Hated it. I'm getting ready to be a dad for the third time (first boy) and we seriously considered the middle name Patrick, before choosing another. IMO, Pat Tillman represented everything that was right and unfortunatly, very rare, today. One last thing, Pat Tillman would kick the ever loving sh*t out of his idiot snot-nosed brother if he were still here.

It's amazing how you know more about the dynamic of the Tillman brothers after watching that clip than they did. I mean your ability to decipher what Pat would think of his brother the way you did is just amazing. Or....possibly....you're a presumptive jackass.

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 09:51 AM
I know you hate God cause he made you look like you do, but you don't need to take out your frustrations with name calling.

Did you know that Pat Tillman turned down dozen of offers to have his story covered or for ANY type of interview concerning his decision to leave the NFL and join the military? One of his only statements to the press after he joined was his only wish was to be treated like any other soldier, no more, no less. Pat asked his family to also not accept ANY interviews or draw any publicity to single him out. He made his intentions perfectly clear...then all hell broke loose. He tragically died, and his brother acted like a 9 year old multiple times in front of a camera concerning his brother. You might want to do a little objective research or STFU, your choice.

Pricetag
9/30/2010, 10:16 AM
Pat was obviously a stand up guy. Still doesn't make you know how he would feel, given the way things worked out. You projecting your ideas through him is just as bad as what his brother has done.

Chuck Bao
9/30/2010, 10:24 AM
From what I can gather from news accounts, Pat Tillman was an atheist and vocal supporter for gay rights.

Obviously, Pat Tillman was a patriot and wanted to serve his country. It isn't at all important how much he sacrificed in terms of fNFL money. There are so many other Americans who are out there putting their lives on the line and they and their families are making such a huge sacrifice, the extent of which can never be expressed in dollar terms.

I really can see the frustration of the family and how the military wanted to turn his death into a big PR exercise with all of the politicians showing up at his funeral and paint him as a very different hero than he actually was.

He is still a big hero in my way of thinking, as are all of those serving our country now and their families.

picasso
9/30/2010, 10:36 AM
From what I can gather from news accounts, Pat Tillman was an atheist and vocal supporter for gay rights.

Obviously, Pat Tillman was a patriot and wanted to serve his country. It isn't at all important how much he sacrificed in terms of fNFL money. There are so many other Americans who are out there putting their lives on the line and they and their families are making such a huge sacrifice, the extent of which can never be expressed in dollar terms.

I really can see the frustration of the family and how the military wanted to turn his death into a big PR exercise with all of the politicians showing up at his funeral and paint him as a very different hero than he actually was.

He is still a big hero in my way of thinking, as are all of those serving our country now and their families.

There's no excuse for how the powers that be handled it but I can see how they wouldn't want it to be known that he was killed by friendly fire.
Unpopular war, etc..
I'm also not sure what his belief in religion or support for gay or anti-gay rights has anything to do with his military service, his death or the cover-up.

Chuck Bao
9/30/2010, 11:03 AM
There's no excuse for how the powers that be handled it but I can see how they wouldn't want it to be known that he was killed by friendly fire.
Unpopular war, etc..
I'm also not sure what his belief in religion or support for gay or anti-gay rights has anything to do with his military service, his death or the cover-up.

No, my point was only that he was a different type of hero and maybe one that the military really didn't want to project in their PR and that could partially explain why the Tillman family was so upset.

JohnnyMack
9/30/2010, 11:08 AM
Unpopular war, etc..

I think point about his religion is touched on in the way his funeral was handled. In the Maher interview they reference the appearance of McCain and Shriver at the event and kind of roll their eyes when talking about what those two said about Pat. It goes back to the government trying to project Pat Tillman as a certain type of hero when he clearly wasn't.

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 11:46 AM
Pat was obviously a stand up guy. Still doesn't make you know how he would feel, given the way things worked out. You projecting your ideas through him is just as bad as what his brother has done.

So Pat sturnly insists that his family not participate in ONE interview, not one, that would bring more attention to him because he wanted to be "just another soldier." All the while, the media was clamoring to get any kind of interview due to the story's obvious appeal. Each person that was asked, said almost exactly the same thing..."Pat doesn't want attention for this, I am going to respect his wishes." Everyone, to a man, friends, high school teachers, ex-teammates, family, etc. basically echoed these sentiments.

Then he dies, and his idiot brother makes an absolute fool of himself at the funeral, and on live, nationwide cable TV, he actually says the words, "I wish that Pat would have shot his own guys." I'm sure Pat's really proud of his brother Dick, and his brother Dick's mouth.

Veritas
9/30/2010, 12:04 PM
Nobody know the full truth of Tillman's death, but I do know a ********* famewhore when I see one.

yermom
9/30/2010, 12:09 PM
So Pat sturnly insists that his family not participate in ONE interview, not one, that would bring more attention to him because he wanted to be "just another soldier." All the while, the media was clamoring to get any kind of interview due to the story's obvious appeal. Each person that was asked, said almost exactly the same thing..."Pat doesn't want attention for this, I am going to respect his wishes." Everyone, to a man, friends, high school teachers, ex-teammates, family, etc. basically echoed these sentiments.

Then he dies, and his idiot brother makes an absolute fool of himself at the funeral, and on live, nationwide cable TV, he actually says the words, "I wish that Pat would have shot his own guys." I'm sure Pat's really proud of his brother Dick, and his brother Dick's mouth.

part of that might that it's been said that it wasn't an accident

yermom
9/30/2010, 12:14 PM
and what does any of this have to do with Michael Moore?

JohnnyMack
9/30/2010, 01:16 PM
I know you hate God cause he made you look like you do, but you don't need to take out your frustrations with name calling.

Did you know that Pat Tillman turned down dozen of offers to have his story covered or for ANY type of interview concerning his decision to leave the NFL and join the military? One of his only statements to the press after he joined was his only wish was to be treated like any other soldier, no more, no less. Pat asked his family to also not accept ANY interviews or draw any publicity to single him out. He made his intentions perfectly clear...then all hell broke loose. He tragically died, and his brother acted like a 9 year old multiple times in front of a camera concerning his brother. You might want to do a little objective research or STFU, your choice.

I'm quite familiar with the Pat Tillman story. I'm also familiar with multiple, continually shifting stories we've received from our government about what really happened to him. Remember when he was first killed and we got a story about how he was ambushed by the Taliban and he heroically kept his troops safe while charging up a hill only to be cut down by the dirty brown man? Then remember when he was accidentally killed at dusk in a firefight when the setting sun and long shadows made it hard for anyone to see what was going on?

It's honestly amazing to me that you're trying to threadjack this thing because you happen to disagree with the manner in which Pat Tillman's brother handled himself at the memorial service? Not everyone thinks, acts or does things exactly the same. The way he deals with the death of someone who was closer to him than anyone else on planet earth is his ****ing business and it's not for you to cast aspersions at him because you think you're taking some moral high ground here.

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 03:27 PM
I do not condone wishing the death of American soldiers, but that's just me.

If you want to get all butt moist because some attention whore slams religion/God/faith at a funeral, that's fine. Just don't pretend that little brother, Richard is anything that he is not.

Pat Tillman did not believe in God. He was an exceptional and honorable human being and American citizen. His lack of faith doesn't mean a damn thing to me or steal from the fact he is among our very best in my lifetime. All I said was, that IMO, Pat was a quiet hero and he wouldn't want his brother Richard doing what he is doing.

Even liberals think he's an attention whore douch*bag.

Quoted by the Huffington Post “Agree, but he should understand that his immaturity doesn't help Pat's memory. it just allows him to vent in a childish way”

XingTheRubicon
9/30/2010, 03:32 PM
Nobody know the full truth of Tillman's death, but I do know a ********* famewhore when I see one.

How dare you.

Pricetag
9/30/2010, 03:54 PM
If you want to get all butt moist because some attention whore slams religion/God/faith at a funeral, that's fine. Just don't pretend that little brother, Richard is anything that he is not.
You were the first one to attack the brother. How are you not the one to get butt moist?

Veritas
9/30/2010, 03:56 PM
Haha, butt moist.

JohnnyMack
9/30/2010, 03:58 PM
You were the first one to attack the brother. How are you not the one to get butt moist?

These quote could easily fit into an Eddie Long thread. If we had one.