PDA

View Full Version : CPR New Technique most anyone can perform NO JOKE

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/27/2010, 02:18 PM
http://medicine.arizona.edu/spotlight/learn-sarver-heart-centers-continuous-chest-compression-cpr

yermom
9/27/2010, 02:31 PM
i'm not sure if it was here that we were discussing this a while ago, but i remember when i learned CPR it was a 5:1 ratio of compressions to breaths, then they upped it at some point to like 10:1, and now this

the added bonus of not having to put your mouth on theirs and the bystanders being more likely to do it is pretty cool

bad news for the new generation of Squints's though:

io4RWV681wQ

9/27/2010, 02:43 PM
the added bonus of not having to put your mouth on theirs and the bystanders being more likely to do it is pretty cool
This tecnique can maybe help save LOTS of lives, due to its simplicity, and the fact that you don' have to exchange bodily fluids.

GKeeper316
9/27/2010, 03:07 PM
i'm not sure if it was here that we were discussing this a while ago, but i remember when i learned CPR it was a 5:1 ratio of compressions to breaths, then they upped it at some point to like 10:1, and now this

bad news for the new generation of Squints's though:

io4RWV681wQ

mmmmmm wendy peffercorn

Tulsa_Fireman
9/27/2010, 03:14 PM
You don't have to exchange bodil fluids with the current method either unless you just suck at it.

9/28/2010, 01:21 PM
Bouncing it up, so more peeps can see this.

NormanPride
9/28/2010, 03:50 PM
I've heard that the tempo of "Stayin' Alive" is what you want to go for, ironically.

BajaOklahoma
9/28/2010, 05:31 PM
This method is not currently endorsed by the AHA, though they have been gathering data on it for 3+ years. And medical personnel will continue to give rescue breaths.

I like the idea of more people willing to learn compressions.