PDA

View Full Version : My first ever SEC experience...

SteelClip49
9/27/2010, 09:28 AM
was the Arkansas/Alabama game.

Dickson Street compared to Campus Corner is a lot better with more to do. I am in no way knocking OUr atmosphere but just saying Dickson Street is total awesomeness.

I wore my OU stuff the night before walking around the stadium and the Arkansas fans were very vocal in saying OU sucks and I was at the wromg game.

The Bama fans were awesome and every time I approached one they yelled out BOOOOMER!!!! and I did the usual SOONER!!!!!! Bama fans are great as we all know. I went to their tailagting area and they told me to come on over and celebrate with them.

The Wooooo Pig Sooooie chant was awesome to see. The Paratrooper pregame was a lot of fun.

After 4 seasons of the new technology and color-changing experience our scoreboard has endured I had to suffer through Arky's. It's basically a glorified HS scoreboard; looks very trashy and distorted.

Overall it was a great time and glad to see Bama win.

Tigeman
9/27/2010, 09:44 AM
Yep OU, Bama, and hate to say it TX just need to band together, form our own conglomerate, and start our own conference! LOL

Boomer.....
9/27/2010, 09:46 AM
The arky campus is nice. It is on top of a hill.

boomersooner28
9/27/2010, 10:58 AM

But...it's in Arkansas. :P

PDXsooner
9/27/2010, 11:37 AM
I still would consider that a SWC atmosphere. Arkansas will never be a true SEC team in my book.

85sooners
9/27/2010, 11:39 AM
:eek:

Mark_in_Tulsa
9/27/2010, 11:59 AM

That's like saying the best part of a turd is the corn on the tip of it.

Hornkiller
9/28/2010, 10:56 AM
As a Sooner transplant I've been to a lot of Razorback games. While you have a few pockets of Sooner fans most of the Arkansas fans have been so brainwashed by the SEC propaganda machine they think a 7-5 season is worth 11-1 in the Big XII.

I didn't go to Saturday's game but I've heard plenty about it. Sad thing for Hog fans is that is the exception not the rule. There have been times where I've seen that place rockin.. most notably Texas in 04. But there have been times I've seen Alabama, Auburn, and Ole Miss (pre Houston Nutt) come calling and seen empty pockets in the staduim and people telling fans to sit down.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2010, 11:03 AM
and people telling fans to sit down.

The horror! :eek:

:D

agoo758
9/28/2010, 11:04 AM
The horror! :eek:

:D

and the home of the SOONERS! :)

Sooner96
9/28/2010, 12:28 PM
I too was there on Saturday with my Razorback husband, and I will just say that I am glad to be a Sooner. The only Sooner game that I had for comparison was OU/Nebraska in 2000, which we also attended, and the atmosphere during the AR/AL game was shockingly quiet. I kept thinking "why are we the only ones in our section standing up and yelling when 'Bama was in a 3rd and 7 situation?" During TV timeouts I also thought "if we were in Norman, we would be yelling SOMETHING, there would not be quiet here". My husband said it was because we were in the upper deck, but I was in the last row of the upper deck at OU/Nebraska in 2000, and the place was NEVER quiet, and no one around us ever sat down.

It was strange, but ESPN gave Arkansas fans kuddos for being rowdy? I felt sorry for the Arkansas players at times.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/28/2010, 12:35 PM
...I felt sorry for the Arkansas players at times.Heck, I always feel sorry for them. Their best ones signed with the wrong team.

freshchris05
9/28/2010, 04:56 PM
Dickson Street is pretty cool.. Last time i was in Fayetteville, I caught a show at George's and hung out with the band... I really liked the area, shame about some of the women tho..

GKeeper316
9/28/2010, 05:18 PM
But...it's in Arkansas. :P

still better than missouri

AlbqSooner
9/28/2010, 07:39 PM
That's like saying the best part of a turd is the corn on the tip of it.

And what, pray tell, do you consider the best part of a turd?

silverwheels
9/28/2010, 07:56 PM
Arkansas fans are tards.