PDA

View Full Version : So I've decided to.....

royalfan5
9/27/2010, 07:55 AM
add the First Harry Potter Movie to my netflix que. I am still holding on to my Lord of the Rings and Avatar boycott.

Veritas
9/27/2010, 08:07 AM
IMO the HP books are great, the movies are meh. If you're going to lift a boycott, lift the LOTR. They're pretty good.

JohnnyMack
9/27/2010, 10:56 AM
You diss LOTR, you get the negspek. Sorry. Rules are rules.

yermom
9/27/2010, 11:03 AM
i can see issues with the ending(s) but LotR is quality, for sure

Avatar blows, but it's worth seeing in 3-D in the theater just to see the visuals that other people will be using later. otherwise, meh.

the HP movies are fun, but don't really warrant comparison to LotR

Oldnslo
9/27/2010, 11:35 AM
^
this.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/27/2010, 11:40 AM
For the LOTR set, find someone with the Extended Versions and watch them. More is better, right?

C&CDean
9/27/2010, 02:03 PM
IMHO, the first two HP movies with Sir Richard Harris as Dumbledore are > the rest with Michael Gambone.

As movies go, LOTR is probably > HP, but it ain't by much.

MR2-Sooner86
9/27/2010, 06:12 PM
I am still holding on to my Lord of the Rings and Avatar boycott.

Avatar I could see but why Lord of the Rings? Why do you hate New Zealand?

Serge Ibaka
9/27/2010, 06:29 PM
yermom is right.

The LOTR movies are great. I had similar worries before I watched them, and I was suckered into watching them by my girlfriend. They're actually very well done.

Harry Potter movies are okay. I read the books as a teenager. The movies don't really do the full-narrative justice IMO.

I still say that Avatar is worth at least a single viewing despite its weak plot. But make sure that the viewing is on a big, HD television.

royalfan5
9/27/2010, 06:38 PM
Avatar I could see but why Lord of the Rings? Why do you hate New Zealand?

Because I roomed some people that loved J.R.R a little too much.

Serge Ibaka
9/27/2010, 06:44 PM
Because I roomed some people that loved J.R.R a little too much.

Now it makes sense.

sooner59
9/27/2010, 07:39 PM
Avatar was pretty neat in IMAX 3D. Can't say I would watch it again in 2D.

I didn't get into the LOTR movies until after they were hugely popular, but they were pretty good.

Haven't seen or read any HP stuff. Not saying its bad. Just haven't had the urge to check it out yet.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/28/2010, 03:37 PM
Internet Dating starring Katt Williams..produced by Master P..

Your welcome

SicEmBaylor
9/28/2010, 03:41 PM
I hate LOTR with the intensity of a 1000 suns.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2010, 04:33 PM
You're just upset the good guys win.

royalfan5
9/30/2010, 08:02 AM
I was reasonably entertained by the first one, and have added the second one to my que.

soonerscuba
9/30/2010, 08:35 AM
I was reasonably entertained by the first one, and have added the second one to my que.Be warned, the second one (IMO) is the weakest in the series, they get better from there.

royalfan5
10/3/2010, 08:47 PM
Be warned, the second one (IMO) is the weakest in the series, they get better from there.
I haven't been blown away by the second one so far.

setem
10/3/2010, 09:06 PM
Put all seasons of 21 Jump Street in your que!

stoopified
10/4/2010, 09:55 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

tbl
10/5/2010, 10:18 AM
I read my first HP book a couple of months ago (Goblet of Fire). After seeing all the movies (which I really liked), I can now see why the book lovers aren't the biggest fans of the movies. Fortunately I had seen the movie first so I wasn't ruined prior.

As for LOTR, I was one of the dedicated JRR book nerds, and I hated the movies. I couldn't enjoy them at all since there were so many changes made from the books. Following that line of thought, I won't read any more HP books until all the movies are done and I've seen them, lest they get ruined as well.

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 10:30 AM
If movies are done well enough that they can turn kids or even young adults towards taking time away from the plugged in Facebooking Internet so that they might learn to enjoy a good read or learn to enjoy their own imagination instead of act a fool by becoming what society now thinks you have to be to be successful....then I believe these movies are not only worth watching, but they are good for our World. The USA is better at movie making than anyone and for us to remain a World Leader....we must continue to use everything we do well to inspire our kids, the future Leaders of our Country/Society.

soonerboomer93
10/5/2010, 11:24 AM
I hate LOTR with the intensity of a 1000 suns.

There's another reason to check it out then.

C&CDean
10/5/2010, 01:04 PM
I read my first HP book a couple of months ago (Goblet of Fire). After seeing all the movies (which I really liked), I can now see why the book lovers aren't the biggest fans of the movies. Fortunately I had seen the movie first so I wasn't ruined prior.

As for LOTR, I was one of the dedicated JRR book nerds, and I hated the movies. I couldn't enjoy them at all since there were so many changes made from the books. Following that line of thought, I won't read any more HP books until all the movies are done and I've seen them, lest they get ruined as well.

Dude, you don't go pick up the 4th book in a series and start there.

Go read Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, POA, GOF, OOTP, and HBP - in that order. By then the first of the Deathly Hallows movies will be out. After you've watched them, then go read book 7.

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 01:18 PM
I take back what I said earlier....that Potter **** is from teh debil. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 01:25 PM
teh gays love it though

C&CDean
10/5/2010, 01:39 PM
Damn straight. The gays, the straights, the normals, the suave, the intelligent, the righteous, the shizzle bizzles, hell, everybody with half a brain or more likes it.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2010, 01:46 PM
bitch, you didnt name one category you fit into

StoopTroup
10/5/2010, 02:38 PM
bitch, you didnt name one category you fit into

http://uploads.justindickinson.com/OhSnapBear.jpg

tbl
10/5/2010, 10:31 PM
Dude, you don't go pick up the 4th book in a series and start there.

Go read Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, POA, GOF, OOTP, and HBP - in that order. By then the first of the Deathly Hallows movies will be out. After you've watched them, then go read book 7.

I know... It was happenstance that led me to read it. I KNEW ahead of time I didn't want to read the books until the movie series was up b/c I knew there was no way the movies could live up to the books (as good as they are, that's always the case). I was visiting someone and GOF was up in the closet, so I started it and couldn't put it down.

The others will be checked out of the library shortly...

RacerX
10/6/2010, 06:27 AM
LOTR - Take the beginning of the first movie, add the end of the third movie and it's over. Jump on the damn eagles and you can avoid the great cardio workout walking across New Zealand.

I've rewatched Potter movies, I've yet to rewatch a LOTR movie.

Still haven't seen Avatar.

clip below contains inappropriate language.
LDMZGIwElkE

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:21 AM
Those creepy little Middle Earth Dudes in the LOTRs should probably be registered sex offenders IMO.

StoopTroup
10/6/2010, 07:22 AM
Also....the dude who played Draco Malfoy in the potter movies gets dissed in "Get him to the Greek"....funny as hell....

"Dude...get over it....not everybody cares!" :D

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/84186/normal_110092107.jpg

saucysoonergal
10/6/2010, 09:17 AM
As far as the HP movies go, the third one POA is the best, funny since it was just a transition book. I wish Alfonso Cuarón would have directed the entire series. David Yates is a TV director and I haven't been too happy with his vision.