PDA

View Full Version : Unimpressive win can't hide Oklahoma's stupidity

bmjlr
9/27/2010, 07:38 AM
Yikes, this man is angry and obviously doesn't like OU...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/14014748/unimpressive-win-cant-hide-oklahomas-stupidity

:pop:

w0lfe
9/27/2010, 07:44 AM
Could have easily lost the game..

kustang619
9/27/2010, 08:30 AM
I don't ever remember Bob pushing Jay back at all...I thought it was Gundy...It wasn't a pretty game, but I will take 4-0 over 3-1 any day...

soonerborn30
9/27/2010, 08:58 AM
The only thing I could think while reading this article was "what an ahole". Seriously? Calling Bob Stoops stupid and a *********? Wow.

soonerborn30
9/27/2010, 08:58 AM
*** = dooshbag. forgot that gets censored here.

C&CDean
9/27/2010, 09:07 AM
I can't disagree with him much. They did play stupid all night. However, I've seen them play FSU, and I know what we're capable of. If this team can pull their collective heads out of their asses and focus on playing the ****ing game like they're coached to then we can be scary good. If not, we're going to be living through nail biters like this every game. Personally, I enjoy 77-0 games much more than 31-29 fiascos.

soonerborn30
9/27/2010, 09:12 AM
Oh yeah, he's right about a lot. We did have a lot of stupid things going on, but if you're a nationally syndicated columnist, it may not be the best idea to call one of the best college football coaches in the country a dooshbag. That kind of stuff belongs on blogs and sites like EDSBS.

pilobolus
9/27/2010, 09:37 AM
what a prick

budbarrybob
9/27/2010, 09:40 AM
old news there was already a thread on this.

jumperstop
9/27/2010, 09:52 AM
I don't know what replay he saw, dude arm was for sure down. Sounds kinda like a UC homer, or he's pissed OU didn't end up losing. We played a bad game for sure and did some stupid things, but this guy is an embarassment for CBS sports and the media in general with all the name calling.

Hot Rod
9/27/2010, 10:06 AM
Oklahoma's stupidity could've been getting the ball within the 10 in the 4th qtr and as we've seen many of times, not be able to score a TD. Well, we did it, and forced a 2 score game after that. Cincy had a great last min drive, which if we didn't score, would've caused us the game, because I can't see our offense moving the ball like they did.

Fraggle145
9/27/2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145031

The search feature is your friend. ;)

TopDawg
9/27/2010, 10:15 AM
but this guy is an embarassment for CBS sports and the media in general with all the name calling.

And what do we on Soonerfans do? We dedicate two threads to him, both with links, so that the traffic on that column goes much higher than it should've.

At least the OOP (not to be confused with OPP) quoted the text in his OP so that you didn't have to click on the link to read the story.

jumperstop
9/27/2010, 10:57 AM
And what do we on Soonerfans do? We dedicate two threads to him, both with links, so that the traffic on that column goes much higher than it should've.

At least the OOP (not to be confused with OPP) quoted the text in his OP so that you didn't have to click on the link to read the story.

I just read the thread, didn't take the time to see if there was another before reading and posting, sorry. So it's not like I dedicated two threads to him, and plus they are threads knocking him not praising. Also the same number of people would have read his column even if there was only one thread, not like it would make a difference on the status of the columist job anyways. And of all the multiple threads for people to complain about, nobody seems to give two ****s about all those copy cat threads, those are a thoudsand times more annoying...

TUSooner
9/27/2010, 11:18 AM
The only things I;d disagree with are his assessment of the "arm down" call (it was OBVIOUSLY down) and his criticism of Norvell which was just barely too harsh. Other than that, he;s just telling the ugly truth

He was actually rather nice to call OUr defense merely "ineffective":
Oklahoma was ineffective on defense. That's how the Sooners had a 4-1 edge in turnovers and compiled 452 yards of total offense, including 370 passing yards from Landry Jones, and still had to hang on to win. OUr defense has fellated gay armadillos so far this year. But, off course we all know that none of OUr defensive problems are the fault of Mr. Venables. He's merely the defensive coordinator and has no actual responsibility for how the team performs on the field. :rolleyes:

Okie35
9/27/2010, 02:17 PM
He's a CBS writer. An SEC team can lose and he'd still say they are impressive. One thing he's got right that I hate to mention are penalties. 13-113 just doesn't cut it. Thats the reason why other teams have sustained drives and eventually score.

stoopified
9/27/2010, 02:51 PM
old news there was already a thread on this.
Yeah titled Oklahoma is stupid