PDA

View Full Version : First timer going to The Cotton Bowl

ccmike9
9/27/2010, 12:20 AM
So, what do I need to know? Where should I park, eat, etc.?

-CCMike9

yankee
9/27/2010, 12:21 AM
for eating, just fatten yourself up at the fair. seriously, there's foods you never could have dreamed of at the fair...and they're all terrible for your health.

Peach Fuzz
9/27/2010, 12:23 AM
and park by as many longhorn tagged cars as you can for security reasons ;)

MyT Oklahoma
9/27/2010, 12:24 AM
All you need to know is that * sucks. Have a great time.

ccmike9
9/27/2010, 12:25 AM
and park by as many longhorn tagged cars as you can for security reasons ;)

Haha yup that's the plan so far :P

SteelCitySooner
9/27/2010, 12:27 AM
West End on Friday night... It's a spectacle..

Collier11
9/27/2010, 12:29 AM
West End on Friday is fun unless you dislike huge drunken crowds yelling at each other. I dont get so drunk that I want to fight people when ive gone so it doesnt bother me, some idiots on both sides do over indulge and cause issues but not as many as one might think. Lower Greenville is pretty cool as well.

sooner59
9/27/2010, 12:41 AM
Get to the fair early...especially if you want to tour the place and eat. It is VERY crowed on gameday. Plus you have to stand in line to buy tickets in order to stand in line to buy food. Then you have to weave through people just to get to the stadium. Seriously there are probably a quarter million people at the fair that day, so budget you time when you get up that morning. When you enter the stadium, enjoy watching the burnt orange-clad lower their heads and the empty seats on their end in the 4th quarter. :D

SteelCitySooner
9/27/2010, 12:42 AM
West End on Friday is fun unless you dislike huge drunken crowds yelling at each other. I dont get so drunk that I want to fight people when ive gone so it doesnt bother me, some idiots on both sides do over indulge and cause issues but not as many as one might think. Lower Greenville is pretty cool as well.

Beat ya too it... :)

Wish I could go this year.. C11 we've probably been there the same time many years.. You going this year?

SteelCitySooner
9/27/2010, 12:45 AM
Get to the fair early...especially if you want to tour the place and eat. It is VERY crowed on gameday. Plus you have to stand in line to buy tickets in order to stand in line to buy food. Then you have to weave through people just to get to the stadium. Seriously there are probably a quarter million people at the fair that day, so budget you time when you get up that morning. When you enter the stadium, enjoy watching the burnt orange-clad lower their heads and the empty seats on their end in the 4th quarter. :D

Tru dat. Last time I went a few years ago, I wanted to get a corny dog.. But I didn't get to the stadium till like an hour before kickoff.. Corny dog lines were a mile long.. ugh.

That actually may account for the loss come to think of it.. If only I had that damn corny dog!!!

Okay moral of the story...Make damn sure you get there for your corny dog..

olevetonahill
9/27/2010, 12:46 AM
I aint been since 82
Yall think we can get a Posse Road trip next year?

sooner59
9/27/2010, 12:47 AM
I aint been since 82

Oh I will be there, guaranteed.

SteelCitySooner
9/27/2010, 12:49 AM
I aint been since 82

The one year I can't go. errr.. But maybe a ho down in 2012 if the world don't end?

olevetonahill
9/27/2010, 12:51 AM
The one year I can't go. errr.. But maybe a ho down in 2012 if the world don't end?

Hell ya might be home from humpin the camels by then .:P

Make sure I gets a Snail mail addy sos I can get ya the Listerine and to make sure its safe Ill prolly have wrap it up in some Nice christian Magazines ;)

SteelCitySooner
9/27/2010, 12:52 AM
hah, Vet you will be the first to know my snail mail addy..

olevetonahill
9/27/2010, 12:55 AM
hah, Vet you will be the first to know my snail mail addy..

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Collier11
9/27/2010, 12:55 AM
Beat ya too it... :)

Wish I could go this year.. C11 we've probably been there the same time many years.. You going this year?

Went to the actual game from 01-04 (im 4-0 in attendance), been down there every year since except one ( im 0-4 when im in dallas but not at the game)

Not going this year since I went to DC, NY, and Vegas all since May. Trying to save a little money, will be back down there next year for sure

w0lfe
9/27/2010, 07:48 AM
We did vallet parking last year, and got right in and out of there. it was 25 bucks i think right by the fair entrance.

badger
9/27/2010, 08:05 AM
Plus you have to stand in line to buy tickets in order to stand in line to buy food.

A very good event to have a few friends to tag along with so that you can split line duty. Get someone in every line (just hope the ticket line guy gets his tickets before you get to the front of the food line, hehe).

Unless you are trying out that new train thing from OKC to Dallas, prepare to hate yourself with all the traffic... and then all of the parking... and then all of the burnt orange people around you.

This is definitely one of those things you don't want to be alone for.

yukonsooner
9/27/2010, 10:04 AM
We did vallet parking last year, and got right in and out of there. it was 25 bucks i think right by the fair entrance.

That sounds good can you give me some more details

texaspokieokie
9/27/2010, 10:05 AM
sounds like a good deal; leave no valuables in your car !!!

TahoeSOONER
9/27/2010, 10:22 AM
Fletcher corney dogs!

Cab in and out but after game just walk out of the spectacle a few blocks and flag a cab on the way in.

Save ya some time.

jumperstop
9/27/2010, 11:09 AM
Plan for lots of traffic if that wasn't common sensical enough. Stayed 7 miles from stadium two years ago, took 2 hours to get into the fair.

yankee
9/27/2010, 03:48 PM
Went to the actual game from 01-04 (im 4-0 in attendance), been down there every year since except one ( im 0-4 when im in dallas but not at the game)

Not going this year since I went to DC, NY, and Vegas all since May. Trying to save a little money, will be back down there next year for sure

DAMMIT

OKLA21FAN
9/27/2010, 03:57 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/Antoine_Dodson_Hide_Your_Kids_Hide_Your_Wife_Hide_ your_Kids-s795x799-83731-580.jpg