PDA

View Full Version : Casey Walker

cccasooner2
9/26/2010, 11:44 AM
Any news on how serious the leg injury was?

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2010, 12:01 PM
Ditto on Fleming.

Soonerfan88
9/26/2010, 02:37 PM
Walker - MCL sprain or inside knee bruise (heard both)
Fleming - high ankle sprain

Not yet heard a return time but would guess anywhere from 2-8 weeks.

OUinFLA
9/26/2010, 02:47 PM
<stoops> We expect to put some ice on it and have them ready to practice Monday <stoops>

OK2U
9/26/2010, 07:06 PM
Crap, we'll miss Flemming.
High ankle sprains take forever to heal

HBick
9/26/2010, 07:15 PM
lets just hope Colvin is ready. amazing to me that Colvin ended up in there over Lynn

Collier11
9/27/2010, 02:00 AM
Walker out, Fleming questionable

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/oklahoma/stories/092710dnspoouwalkerfleming.132d036b2.html

BoulderSooner79
9/27/2010, 09:28 AM
Colvin looked pretty good in coverage. He panicked a little on that under-thrown ball that drew the flag, but even the pros get called for pass interference about half the time in that situation. You can bet the horns will go after him.

OK2U
9/27/2010, 01:57 PM
No need to pick on him when there's a giant zone in the middle of the field constantly open that apprently has some sort of force field keeping LBs from dropping back into pass coverage.

VA Sooner
9/27/2010, 02:29 PM
Colvin did a good job once he got his groove. After that first penalty, he had pretty good coverage on the giant receiver Binns.

I too am amazed that he got on the field instead of Lynn. Gabe was supposed to be all-world... wha' happened?

OK2U
9/27/2010, 04:39 PM
In the newest depth chart released today Colvin is listed @ Hurste's backup, while Lynn is listed at Flemming's backup.
A-Taylor and Stacey McGee (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcgee_stacy00.html) starting DTs.
(Kenney still starting WR)

OK2U
9/28/2010, 10:54 AM
Would love be throw a little Clay/Finch action at the longhorns.
Any news on either of their recoveries?
I would think Clay is close, although coaches don't screw around with concussions any more.

ouleaf
9/28/2010, 11:13 AM
Colvin definitely looks like he's got the jets to cover just about anyone Texas matches up with him. Still definitely something to worry about though, as I'm sure Texas will want to test him.

The biggest thing is he can't allow is to get beat deep. I'm worried that if he does, it will result in use have to send Nelson over to help and open up the middle of our D. I just say have him play 5 yards off and if they dink and dunk to that side all day that is fine. Maybe draw an LB out or drop a DE into that passing lane to try and get a pick.

OK2U
9/28/2010, 11:24 AM
Tulsa World:

Cornerback Jamell Fleming, who injured his left ankle at Cincinnati, did not practice Monday, but Bob Stoops said it's too early to know whether he'll be available for Saturday's game against Texas. Without Fleming, the Sooners would turn to Aaron Colvin, a true freshman from Owasso.

"Really, he came in and stepped up big time. He doesn't look like a freshman. He's mature and he's ready to play," said senior safety Quinton Carter. "He has a great future. A great future. Really, I think he's gonna be probably one of the best corners that's ever come through here."

Noble cause: Stoops also said defensive tackle Casey Walker is out indefinitely with a sprained knee. That means more playing time for Daniel Noble, a true freshman from Flower Mound, Texas. Noble said Monday's practice was evidence that Texas is up next.

"You can tell. It's intense," Noble said. "We bring intensity every week, but this game is always in the back of everyone's mind. Everyone's on edge, that's for sure."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100928_92_B5_bBacku864967

Widescreen
9/28/2010, 12:03 PM
I think he's gonna be probably one of the best corners that's ever come through here.
Hope that's not just hyperbole.

OK2U
9/28/2010, 12:12 PM
True freshman starting over All American High school 5 star studs, Q might be right.
Although, physically, Colvin does look like a freshman. I'm not sure how he'll stack up against bigger wideouts that Texas will throw at him.

Jello Biafra
9/28/2010, 12:21 PM
Would love be throw a little Clay/Finch action at the longhorns.
Any news on either of their recoveries?
I would think Clay is close, although coaches don't screw around with concussions any more.

not that i am a stalker but....clays FB statements this week say hes ready to roll some WhoreNs

OK2U
9/29/2010, 04:28 PM
Wilson said yesterday that Clay practiced Monday, they are hopeful he'll be ready this SaturdAY!