PDA

View Full Version : THIS TEAM IS DIFFERENT

boomerborn79
9/26/2010, 11:39 AM
It's been along time since we have consitently won close games. Usually Stoop's teams take a shot in the mouth and give up.(BSU,WVU,KSU,Etc....) As a fan when the game is in jeopardy you can just see OU crumbling from stupid mistakes, stupid loss of control penalties, false starts.... But this team is different. When USU came back on us I expected the defense to give up a big play and let them tie the game. What happened Fleming INT, OU offense runs out the clock. No not three and out, Runs it out. Airforce same thing defense steps up when it needed to offense got first downs when it counted. Last night with all the pressure in the world against us both sides came through. This team is earning my confidence. Yes I miss the blowouts but even then this board and I found reasons to *itch about the offense. Those teams crumbled underpressure and I knew that if we didn't get up big and it became a dog fight we wouldn't win. (ut 08) Look this time last year Alabama struggled to put it on teams barely beating tenn on a blocked field goal and looked crappy against weeker teams but in the big games they were clearly the better team and were more battle tested. I like the fact our players are having to fight for wins, keeps them hungry. This team got up fo FSU and took it to them. They will get up for ut and if its close this team WILL NOT crumble because they've been there every week this season. All this said yes it's stressful and I believe they are very sloppy on both sides of the ball. They have yet to play a complete game, they are young, hell Fleming goes down and we have another freshman on the field on the road and we still win against a team that had they're season on the line. All the sloppy play can be fixed and will be with this coaching staff. KEEP THOSE W'S coming SOONERS I'm behind you and I ain't complaining, I actually believe your better than you look. Tuck Fexas watch out OUr boys are coming to kick your *** and send you out the top 25. Even if its only by 1 point :D

King Crimson
9/26/2010, 11:42 AM
i don't agree that we gave up against Boise. we had a one-dimensional offense, a young line, had won the Big XII with smoke, mirrors and Allen Patrick...while Venables blitzed from every place under the sun to cover our db deficiencies. the latter, Boise was able to pick up on with a month of film study. and they got us on some key plays to jump out to an early lead with a bad throw or two from ENA.

and then the rest, we all know.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/26/2010, 11:43 AM
spek

btb916
9/26/2010, 11:49 AM
I agree for the most part. I feel that if we can improve our LBer play and our DLine play we will start to excel. The talent is there, it's time to execute.

cccasooner2
9/26/2010, 11:50 AM
Ever hear of a comma? j/k :D

PhilTLL
9/26/2010, 11:53 AM
Ever hear of a comma? j/k :D

And just four keys over, one key up, there's a button called "Enter." That funny left-pointing arrow means it will create these magical things called "breaks."

boomerborn79
9/26/2010, 12:04 PM
And just four keys over, one key up, there's a button called "Enter." That funny left-pointing arrow means it will create these magical things called "breaks."

Using an iPhone. really don't care I graduated a long time ago didn't think I would get graded. But thank you captian obvious