PDA

View Full Version : That roughing the passer call on OU . . .

btb916
9/26/2010, 09:44 AM
I've forgotten now exactly who it was on, but it was one of our DBs. He just tapped Cincy QB's facemask after the pass.

Was that the most ridiculous personal foul you've ever seen? I can't think of any that were much worse than that.

47Wins
9/26/2010, 10:14 AM
I've forgotten now exactly who it was on, but it was one of our DBs. He just tapped Cincy QB's facemask after the pass.

Was that the most ridiculous personal foul you've ever seen? I can't think of any that were much worse than that.

Colt McCoy

sooner518
9/26/2010, 10:27 AM
It was dumb but probably correct accordin to the rules. If you touch a qb's head, you're flirting with a penalty even if it was as weak as that.

OUthunder
9/26/2010, 10:32 AM
I took a big shot of Jack after that shiattay call.

bluedogok
9/26/2010, 10:38 AM
It was dumb but probably correct accordin to the rules. If you touch a qb's head, you're flirting with a penalty even if it was as weak as that.
Just like the Calvin Johnson "drop" in the endzone that cost the Detroit Lions the game against Chicago. Just because it is "technically correct" doesn't mean common sense shouldn't be used as to intent.

SoonerPr8r
9/26/2010, 10:46 AM
What do you expect from Big XII officials? There were a ton of bs calls on both sides last night and almost zero holding calls.

SoonerStormchaser
9/26/2010, 12:50 PM
What do you expect from Big XII officials? There were a ton of bs calls on both sides last night and almost zero holding calls.

^^This^^

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2010, 12:53 PM
That was one serious blow to the head. If this was the NFL, Colvin would be looking at a big fine this week.:rolleyes:

rawlingsHOH
9/26/2010, 03:20 PM
Common sense never prevails. He "touched" his helmet, albeit lovingly. Flag.

OU_Sooners75
9/26/2010, 03:29 PM
For those that agree with the call...

Which was worse?

A: The hand tap on the facemask of a QB from Cincy.
or
B: The fumble recovery by an OU WR that was plowed into after the whistle was blown?

Both were personal fouls by rule, yet only one was called....except OU coach got a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct (which I applaud).

Anyway, in B, two things were what made it a personal foul. 1) the whistle had already blown well before the defender tagged thw offensive player. 2) the defender struck the head of a defenseless player, known as targeting.

Yet the lighter contact was called.

It doesn't really matter right now, but it will later in the season if we draw this crew again. It was blantantly obvious that the reffing crew in yesterday's game was very easily persuaded by the home town crowd.