PDA

View Full Version : Murray was a little off...

Soonerus
9/25/2010, 10:46 PM
Hope he does not have an attitude problem....

Sooner Among The Pack
9/25/2010, 10:54 PM
From the thread I started to find the answer, he never got out of first gear tonight. He looked like he did at the start of 2008 coming off the injury at Tech.... little banged up is my guess.

Tiptonsooner
9/25/2010, 10:56 PM
He never seems to run well on artificial turf.

sooner94
9/25/2010, 10:59 PM
He runs like he has really sore knees.

Okie35
9/25/2010, 11:01 PM
He never seems to run well on artificial turf.

Its true. I think he plays it safe.

VA Sooner
9/25/2010, 11:02 PM
Make him last the season... the first two, he couldn't help us out in the Fiesta Bowl and then couldn't save us in the National Championship. He would have been the difference maker if he could have been with us against Florida.

Blue
9/26/2010, 01:06 AM
Assuming makes an *** out of....

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2010, 04:03 AM
I predict he will explode next week.

swardboy
9/26/2010, 06:16 AM
I just can't figure him out. At times he's all-world, and at times seems he goes down at the first hint of being touched.

boomersooner28
9/26/2010, 08:07 AM
DM7 looked craptastic yesterday. He is slow. He can't juke. Someone looks at him and he goes down. Poor dude has had too many injuries. More Madu please.

texaspokieokie
9/26/2010, 08:34 AM

one thing i'd never question is his attitude. he gives everything he has.
takes a terrible beating & keeps coming back.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2010, 09:15 AM
And yet he keeps moving up in the record book...

OUthunder
9/26/2010, 09:17 AM
He looked slow and tired, plus he dropped more passes last nite that I've seen him drop all year so far. IMHO, he's a fine college player. No more, no less.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2010, 09:20 AM
He had to have had some sort of distraction yesterday that he couldn't shake. The running I can understand since even the best can't make something of nothing every time the line decides not to run block. His receiving on the other hand...I can't see him having those problems without something taking his head out of the game. He just seemed off, but like I said, I have all confidence he will run like crazy on texass.

Al Gore
9/26/2010, 09:33 AM
Maybe he was sick? Everyone up here is getting the crap kick out of them with sore throats, cough, heavy chest congestion. I felt like I was in slow motion for 3 days last week....

Collier11
9/27/2010, 12:21 AM

Do you know something or just stirring the pot? Not a good thing to imply Rus

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 12:38 AM
Maybe he just had a mediocre game.

I shot pool the other night and played horribly. I don't think I have an attitude problem. (Well, nothing more severe than the usual.)

Collier11
9/27/2010, 01:01 AM
im figurin that Leroy is shootin pocket pool most nights, lonely bastard :D

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 01:35 AM
im figurin that Leroy is shootin pocket pool most nights, lonely bastard :D

Who talked?

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2010, 01:52 AM
Hell, I'm playin' 6 times a day!

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 01:56 AM
I hope that the day you take off is the Lord's day, Sunday. Right?

Collier11
9/27/2010, 01:57 AM
he said 6 times a day, not 6 days a week

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2010, 02:14 AM
On Sunday I throw in an extra.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 03:17 AM
Crucifax, can you see this post?

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2010, 03:37 AM
Yep...I haven't gone blind yet.

SoonerInSpringdale
9/27/2010, 07:04 AM
Maybe he is a 20 something year old kid playing in an NFL stadium on national tv and didn't have his best game?

I think sometimes people look into things too much.

sendbaht
9/27/2010, 07:23 AM
He will gain 200 yards next week. All hard work but 3 60 yard runs.

Boomer.....
9/27/2010, 09:08 AM
He did look uninspired but Madu helped him but running hard again.

soonerborn30
9/27/2010, 09:14 AM
I love the way Madu runs. He runs like he's got a fire under his butt.

gaylordfan1
9/27/2010, 10:06 AM
I think Murray will be ok....everyone has their bad days. Now, Madu has done a great job stepping in for Murray when he is gassed, but I don't think he is an every down back that Murray has shown thus far. I mean Murray pounds the ball. I do think Madu will break a couple this year for big runs. I just hope he can hold on to the ball.

Fraggle145
9/27/2010, 10:13 AM
Down on first contact.

Chuck Bao
9/27/2010, 11:33 AM
Honestly, I was very surprised listening to the Sooner Sports Network broadcast over internet radio that even Merv Johnson and Bob Barry were commenting that DeMarco Murray seemed to be exhausted (maybe they said "run out of gas"). That was in the fourth quarter, but, as many of you recall, the game was very much on the line at that time.

I find it a bit strange that just after the two very big OU homers were broadcasting that all over Sooner land and the rest of the world, the OU coaches called DeMarco's number on the very next play. And, Murray ran for zero yards.

I have no doubt that DeMarco Murray is our star running back with huge talent. Obviously, he wants to be out there and take the hand-off on every play.

But, this makes me really wonder about the OU coaches. Does it mean that they can't see something that someone way up in the broadcast booth can?

I am more than surprised, maybe bewildered. Anyone who saw the game there or on TV care to explain it to me?

Okie35
9/27/2010, 02:11 PM
Honestly, I was very surprised listening to the Sooner Sports Network broadcast over internet radio that even Merv Johnson and Bob Barry were commenting that DeMarco Murray seemed to be exhausted (maybe they said "run out of gas"). That was in the fourth quarter, but, as many of you recall, the game was very much on the line at that time.

I find it a bit strange that just after the two very big OU homers were broadcasting that all over Sooner land and the rest of the world, the OU coaches called DeMarco's number on the very next play. And, Murray ran for zero yards.

I have no doubt that DeMarco Murray is our star running back with huge talent. Obviously, he wants to be out there and take the hand-off on every play.

But, this makes me really wonder about the OU coaches. Does it mean that they can't see something that someone way up in the broadcast booth can?

I am more than surprised, maybe bewildered. Anyone who saw the game there or on TV care to explain it to me?

I sure they discuss this watching game film. I honestly still think it was the turf. Being that Murray has been injury prone in the past, the turf wasn't helping his cause. Turf sucks.

CrimsonJim
9/27/2010, 02:36 PM
I predict he will explode next week.

He had to have had some sort of distraction yesterday that he couldn't shake. The running I can understand since even the best can't make something of nothing every time the line decides not to run block. His receiving on the other hand...I can't see him having those problems without something taking his head out of the game. He just seemed off, but like I said, I have all confidence he will run like crazy on texass.

This ^^^

Lott's Bandana
9/27/2010, 02:43 PM
DM7 has evolved since his arrival from a flashier, quicker back, to a brute back and is now smaller than the brute days but runs with a very good downhill tilt now.

He also has a "lope" when he runs, similar to Eric Dickerson, and it seems like he isn't really charging into the line like before, yet he gets great production, is a top NFL prospect and consistently makes the play we need.

As we transitioned from a crap team to a passing team, our O-line has been very, very good at pass blocking, but don't run block as well as a running team would, as they probably spend a unbalanced amount of time working on their pass protection assignments. Often DM7 suffers from this.

He may not be a Pruitt, Washington, Sims or Peterson, but he already has cemented his place in Sooner's history and will be long remembered as a dedicated, excellent player who always fought through the adversity like a true champion.

Bonehead
9/27/2010, 02:48 PM
Goes back to a couple of things, I think. The first is I didn't see a single hole for Murray to run through all night. Those 3 yard and less runs are all Murray getting what little there is to get. This Oline isn't giving him anything.

The other is this. After his sophomore year the coaches decided they wanted to see DM7 be more of a "complete back". Up till then he was a back who was dangerous in space. They wanted more "tough" yards out of Murray. Result seems to be a guy who is tired, and who isn't sure sometimes what kind of a back he is.

I'd say give him a little rest. Get him off kick returns. Get the ball more on the corners instead of between the tackles.

Okie35
9/27/2010, 02:51 PM
Goes back to a couple of things, I think. The first is I didn't see a single hole for Murray to run through all night. Those 3 yard and less runs are all Murray getting what little there is to get. This Oline isn't giving him anything.

The other is this. After his sophomore year the coaches decided they wanted to see DM7 be more of a "complete back". Up till then he was a back who was dangerous in space. They wanted more "tough" yards out of Murray. Result seems to be a guy who is tired, and who isn't sure sometimes what kind of a back he is.

I'd say give him a little rest. Get him off kick returns. Get the ball more on the corners instead of between the tackles.

I couldn't agree more w/ this. I mean he's a good returner but he needs rest since we're always up-tempo.