PDA

View Full Version : Landry improved dramatically on one thing!

Tigeman
9/25/2010, 10:46 PM
Tonight I noticed him stepping up into the pocket more! Unlike previous games, especially the USU game.

We've knocked him down enough, time to build him back up!

btb916
9/25/2010, 10:46 PM
I totally agree.

Okie35
9/25/2010, 10:47 PM
Yea he showed more patience which is good. The line needs to get it together though sometimes its night and day.

sooner59
9/25/2010, 10:48 PM
I agree.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 10:49 PM
I saw him step up on that one pass play which was good..also saw him leave the pocket early a few times...I saw him get a little pressure and start chopping his feet....line for the most part did their job

Tigeman
9/25/2010, 10:51 PM
I saw him step up on that one pass play which was good..also saw him leave the pocket early a few times..\

Yeah saw him leave the pocket a few times, but was concentrating on the good! :P

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 10:53 PM
hey, Im not a basher at all..sorry if it sounds like that..did some good things..like I said in another thread, made the best throw he has made in 2 season tonight...

I've got my expectations of him in a good place were he doesnt frustrate me at all..he's a very good quarterback

SCOUT
9/25/2010, 10:54 PM
There were several instances where I thought the pressure would get to Landry (and by pressure, I am referring to game pressure as well as that of the defense) and he would blow it.

He did not. That made me VERY happy!

btb916
9/25/2010, 10:56 PM
I saw him step up on that one pass play which was good..also saw him leave the pocket early a few times...I saw him get a little pressure and start chopping his feet....line for the most part did their job

I saw him step up more than once. If it would have been once it wouldn't have stood out to me. Of course he left the pocket too, but overall he looked more confident under pressure.

Q22
9/25/2010, 11:01 PM
This is the best road game I've seen Landry play...(unlesss there was better one last year? I have a short memory) It was nice to see him step up in the pocket. It sure as heck wasn't because of him cincinatti scored 29

VA Sooner
9/25/2010, 11:30 PM
Hoping those last two series didn't affect his mojo... their defense swarmed to him a lot. Need to practice the screen pass some more just in case.

Millard looks to be on his way to being another go-to target... a reliable check-down.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 11:32 PM
I think they get enough practice on screen plays, because they run them enough during the game they should be able to do them in their sleep

soonerborn30
9/25/2010, 11:33 PM
Looked like he also did a btter job of throwing the ball away, too.

gaylordfan1
9/25/2010, 11:33 PM
I was pretty impressed with Miller.... damn I only wish this kid would practice well or do what he can to get out of the dog house... He showed up tonight. And then there is Kenney.... WHAT HAPPENED????? He was doing so good, and then regressed back to last season.

stoopified
9/25/2010, 11:37 PM
I would help Landry's midset a great deal if we quit dropping the damn ball.

CBUS_SOONER
9/25/2010, 11:38 PM
Agree... but gosh he missed a lot of open people

westcoast_sooner
9/26/2010, 12:07 AM
OK - IMO, Landry started off a little slow, but had some good stretches. He played well at times, and made some boneheaded plays other times. One pass (can't recall for sure, think it was 3rd qtr) he tossed a bullet to DeMarco about 7 that was totally un-catchable.

I did see that he stepped up into the pocket, and he didn't lock on to his primary receivers. The fact that Kenny Stills is starting to emerge as the 2nd receiver is a GREAT thing, IMO.

And the other thing is that UC was a BCS team last year. Yes, they lost their coach from a year ago, and yes, they lost last week to NC State, but point is, they do have talent. This was a tough game going into the RRR. I think OU is more battle-hardened than UT, and we saw how they did at home against a quasi-quality opponent.

Good luck to the Sooners next week in Dallas.

Tigeman
9/26/2010, 12:34 AM
This is the best road game I've seen Landry play...(unlesss there was better one last year? I have a short memory)

He played pretty well @ Miami last year if I remember correctly! I was in a drunken stupor that game, so don't really remember it! LOL

Okie35
9/26/2010, 12:44 AM
OK - IMO, Landry started off a little slow, but had some good stretches. He played well at times, and made some boneheaded plays other times. One pass (can't recall for sure, think it was 3rd qtr) he tossed a bullet to DeMarco about 7 that was totally un-catchable.

I did see that he stepped up into the pocket, and he didn't lock on to his primary receivers. The fact that Kenny Stills is starting to emerge as the 2nd receiver is a GREAT thing, IMO.

And the other thing is that UC was a BCS team last year. Yes, they lost their coach from a year ago, and yes, they lost last week to NC State, but point is, they do have talent. This was a tough game going into the RRR. I think OU is more battle-hardened than UT, and we saw how they did at home against a quasi-quality opponent.

Good luck to the Sooners next week in Dallas.

Sometimes we play too fast for our own good. I get mad at times when we don't line up in multiple formations. I mean we have it KW, use it. I think he won't hold back next week.

Tigeman
9/26/2010, 01:06 AM

I still think KW doesn't trust Landry and his youthfulness,. As such he's still keeping alot of the play back closed to him, sadly enough. Of course that's just my 2cents

MamaMia
9/26/2010, 01:45 AM
I don't fear the stache yet. :P

agoo758
9/26/2010, 03:21 AM
The Stache and I are still on speaking terms.....for now..........

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2010, 03:49 AM
I'm liking his W-L record this season.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/26/2010, 07:26 AM
Yeah saw him leave the pocket a few times, but was concentrating on the good! :P

I also think that LJ had some chances to scramble for nice yardage. I'd like to see that a little more.

budbarrybob
9/26/2010, 07:36 AM
Improved pocket presense for sure.

btb916
9/26/2010, 10:06 AM
One pass (can't recall for sure, think it was 3rd qtr) he tossed a bullet to DeMarco about 7 that was totally un-catchable.

I remember that. I thought for sure that was intended for someone else when he threw it. Man there was some heat on that ball.

Shakadoodoo
9/26/2010, 10:14 AM
That was One bright spot - ONE!

OUthunder
9/26/2010, 10:15 AM
He needs to accept the fact that sometimes pulling the ball down and gaining five yards is a good thing. On his int, he had an easy 5-10 run in front of him. Take what the D gives you.

JLEW1818
9/26/2010, 10:16 AM
slide!

Scott D
9/26/2010, 10:21 AM
now if he'd improve his stepping into his throws.....

cvsooner
9/26/2010, 11:11 AM
First few passes he threw several really high. Then he got on a streak and had the hot hand. Then a couple of bullets, dropped. One very catchable ball (Kenney) dropped in the end zone. The bone-headed interception (he had a receiver to his right, a much better throw, AND a ton of green in front of him...run straight ahead and then slide after the first down, in bounds...keep the clock moving).

He's not there yet, but he is improving. He's like Paul Thompson but without the smarts. Thompson wouldn't have made that throw on the interception.

boomerborn79
9/26/2010, 11:13 AM
I think he played one hell of a game last night. Proud that he overcame all the pressure in the 4th quarter. HE WILL BE OUR NEXT HEISMAN WINNER. Not this year but before he is done.