PDA

View Full Version : Norvell go overboard?

Denver_Sooner
9/25/2010, 09:33 PM
While I admire him sticking up for his guys, I couldn't help but notice Gundy in the background telling him to STFU.

Did he go overboard?

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:34 PM
It was a complete cheap shot. I'm surprised he was the only one who took exception to it. How the HELL was that not a flag?

SoonerShay
That call was pathetic, the Cincy coach was yelling and acting a ham fool on his sideline. They should of called the late hit on cincy on that play.

StoopTroup
I think he temporarily got caught up in the game and I think the refs were *******s to him. I never saw them give him a warning before that incident.

agoo758
I was a little upset about it, but the ref really missed that late hit call.

Piware
Bob will teach him to STFU, even when he is right.

sooner59
9/25/2010, 09:35 PM
I give him a pass this time. Should have been a flag.

Ground_Attack
9/25/2010, 09:35 PM
I didn't think so. It was clearly a late hit by Cincy and he jumped right in the middle of it. he didn't attack anyone, just went a little Mike Stoops! I saw the cincy coach with this finger in a different zebras face earlier in the game and the ref never batted an eye. I don't know what Norvell said but it was his mouth that drew the penalty.

Soonerfan88
9/25/2010, 09:37 PM
Late helmet to helmet hit and the :texan: paid refs weren't doing us any favors so why not let them have it?

Should he be more in control as a coach? Yes, but I also understand why he lost it.

OUinFLA
9/25/2010, 09:38 PM
Im pleased to see some coaching intensity myself.
Sorry it cost us some yards, but who knows, perhaps the players appreciated it.

Widescreen
9/25/2010, 09:39 PM
Shouldn't have done what he did. Did you see the look on his face? I seriously thought he was getting ready to punch the official. :eek:

madillsoonerfan5353
9/25/2010, 09:39 PM
Hell no! Numer 4 for da bearcat kind of shoved Norvell! I'm glad he did I wish th wide outs would play like that! I don't like to blame th refs but they suck dong 2nite!!

PLaw
9/25/2010, 09:42 PM
I didn't think so. It was clearly a late hit by Cincy and he jumped right in the middle of it. he didn't attack anyone, just went a little Mike Stoops! I saw the cincy coach with this finger in a different zebras face earlier in the game and the ref never batted an eye. I don't know what Norvell said but it was his mouth that drew the penalty.

Coach Norvell's reaction was very mild compared to Mike. Stills could have been seriously hurt - he was in an awkward position and the Cincy player was way, way late.

I say - KUDOS COACH, Give 'em Hell!!

BOOMER

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2010, 09:43 PM
Hell no! Numer 4 for da bearcat kind of shoved Norvell! I'm glad he did I wish th wide outs would play like that! I don't like to blame th refs but they suck dong 2nite!!

yeah i heard him mouth "HE SHOVED ME"

Widescreen
9/25/2010, 09:45 PM
yeah i heard him mouth "HE SHOVED ME"

Close. It was "he f'ing shoved me". :)

Blue
9/25/2010, 09:47 PM
[everybody sing] Heat of the moment! [/everybody sing]

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:48 PM
Late helmet to helmet hit and the :texan: paid refs weren't doing us any favors so why not let them have it?

Should he be more in control as a coach? Yes, but I also understand why he lost it.

No doubt they were pissed about the UCLA ramjob.

cvsooner
9/25/2010, 09:48 PM
That was edited...watch it again. He says "he f***ing shoved me." That's what drew the flag, guarantee.

mightysooner
9/25/2010, 09:49 PM
Norvell should know that it's always the guy who throws the second punch/shove that gets the flag.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/25/2010, 09:51 PM
i'm not sure we watched the same game. what he got the flag for was the cincy guy pushing him a little to get between him and the pile. live it looked like the cincy player did it on purpose, on review it looked like he was just trying to get him out of the way. i thought for a second he was going to go woody hayes on him.

he honestly should have gotten 2 flags -> one for being on the field and the other for getting into it with the player.

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:52 PM
he honestly should have gotten 2 flags -> one for being on the field and the other for getting into it with the player.

not quite

GottaHavePride
9/25/2010, 09:54 PM
Ed Zachary. Norvell flipped out because the Cincy player pushed him. Bob Davies is just blind; it had NOTHING to do with a late hit on our guy.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2010, 09:55 PM
Close. It was "he f'ing shoved me". :)

I don't believe he really said f'ing though ;) ;)

Mike@DW
9/25/2010, 09:57 PM
That was edited...watch it again. He says "he f***ing shoved me." That's what drew the flag, guarantee.

This

I don't think the penalty had to do with him calling for the late hit. I think the ref saw the end of the little pushing between Norvell and the Cinci player. Obviously refs are not cool with that and are probably going to hold the coaches to the higher standard. Then Norvell had words with the ref and it seemed like he tried to intimidate him a bit. Don't think the ref was going to throw the flag until Norvell started starring him down

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2010, 09:59 PM
IF it was about the late hit, I'd be more cool with it.
Norvel was just being a baby about being pushed. You're not Stoops. You're a position coach. You're not going to draw a flag by being pushed.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 10:20 PM
Yes he did go overboard

madillsoonerfan5353
9/25/2010, 10:24 PM
Still the punk *** kids on th field need to have more respect than to put their hand on any coaches!! Their own or the ones on the other side line! Just like against FSU that stupid punk *** 74 shoved Ryan on the side line and then they showed him on tv for an hour grinning ear to ear! He *** should have been ejected and Bomar for da bearcats maybe been tossed to! If my son ever plays sports and does some of the things kids do now days I'll drag his *** off th field myself! I can't stand to see kids pros or who ever lobbing for flag or calls and getting in the middle of the refs huddles and stuff like that! I don't mind the kids celibrating a good play and stuff like that! If they want to make the calls they need to take the pads off and put on the strips! End of rant!

Soonermagik
9/25/2010, 10:25 PM
He should have punched that player. Hey, if you're going to get a flag... get a flag. ;)

AzianSooner
9/25/2010, 10:26 PM
I don't like the guy blowing gum behind Stoops. And yeah, it was a cheap shot while OU guy are totally lay DOWN ON THE GROUND.

bluedogok
9/25/2010, 10:31 PM
[everybody sing] Heat of the moment! [/everybody sing]
pKAYzdMYWnY

Collier11
9/25/2010, 10:35 PM
The UC guy had a cheap shot then elbowed Norvell, I think Norvell had every right to rip that refs azz

delhalew
9/25/2010, 10:46 PM
I certainly can't blame him for getting loud about that bull****.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/25/2010, 10:50 PM
I think Norvell needs a game ball! :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 10:51 PM
when you cost your team yards, on the road, its overboard IMO

47Wins
9/25/2010, 10:54 PM
I wish he hadn't done and I imagine he wishes he hadn't done it. That said, can we bottle that emotion and serve it to the team.

Collier11
9/25/2010, 10:55 PM
I get that as a coach he needs to keep his cool but it was obvious that the ref totally blew two calls on that 1 play, I dont hold it against Stoops for costing us 15 yards when he spent a good 20 minutes ripping the refs a new a-hole when Hybl was getting cheap shotted left n right way back when and I dont fault Norvell here either

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah because emotion is one thing I haven't seen much from this team..especially on offense..

Soonermagik
9/25/2010, 10:56 PM
All jokes aside, I hope they show that video to Cincinnati and to the NCAA. Hitting a coach should be punished by suspension!!

If one of our guys elbowed or shoved a coach you can bet he would be sitting out.

soonersweetie
9/25/2010, 11:08 PM
He did not go overboard. He was passionate, footbal is a passionate game. Hell, on a previous series, the Cincy coach ran out on the field yelling at the ref and a flag wasn't called on him!

VA Sooner
9/25/2010, 11:11 PM
He went overboard but I think it was good for him and the team. Cost us yards but got some mojo points. Good for the kids to see him that way... makes his intensity ratchet up respect when they hit the practice fields this week and prepare for Texas.

Late hit was a missed call... bad reffing...

westcoast_sooner
9/25/2010, 11:12 PM
UC has always seemed to have that thug mentality. The call on Norvell was stupid on his part for being so emotionally into the game he got caught up in the moment. But in review, there should have been a flag for a late hit on UC. I thought that was what Norvell was upset about.

oudavid1
9/26/2010, 01:39 AM
He didnt do it when it really mattered, besides we had the ball. it should have been a penalty

ashley
9/26/2010, 05:47 AM
An assistant should never get a flag. Period.

jthomasou78
9/26/2010, 08:28 AM
If you watch the replay he gets the penalty for dropping the f bomb at the referree. He is talking to the ref, the ref tells him to chill out, and then he tells the ref "he f'ing pushed me" immediately after he says that the ref goes for the flag.

Its just one of those things you cant do.

badger
9/26/2010, 08:54 AM
No way! The Cincy coach was cursing at the refs all night! We frequently got penalized for doing once what Cincy did all night.

jkjsooner
9/26/2010, 08:56 AM
I was a little upset about it, but the ref really missed that late hit call.

It wasn't just a late hit. It was also a shot to the head. Either should have warranted a penalty.

I frankly like it. I'd rather it had been Stoops than an assistant as an assistant should defer to the head coach on these matters. I had a coach one time tell us that it's our job to play the game and he will stick up for us and get the technical foul (bball) when it is necessary.

When officials f' up and put players safety at risk (not calling late hits and head on head hits encourages more of the same) the coaches need to hold them accountable. I think the refs knew darn well they missed the call and that had a lot to do with the quick flag.

OUthunder
9/26/2010, 09:05 AM
Of course it was a late hit but as an assistant coach you have to show leadership and have self control. With him acting like he did, I can now see why we get stupid personal foul penalties almost every game.

SoonerMom2
9/26/2010, 10:23 AM
Cincy has always been thug U. Some things never change. Why didn't the Cincy coach get flagged for his mouth and being on the field so much? Novell stood up for his player and you can bet every last Sooner on the team appreciated that and that Bob Stoops was smiling inside. Cincy player does a late hit that could have injured one of his receivers and then he gets elbowed by a Cincy player and our coach is supposed to take it all? No way! I am on Novell's side in this one. Refs blew calls all night including that last Cincy touchdown. Flashback to Oregon game with the on-side kick at the end which we recovered like last time but this time we got the ball!

bluedogok
9/26/2010, 10:34 AM
No way! The Cincy coach was cursing at the refs all night! We frequently got penalized for doing once what Cincy did all night.
He was screaming at the side and line judges all night, evidently the referee has a lower tolerance level for that. Most side/line judges hear crap like that in every game and learn to ignore it, since the ref is usually behind the QB in the middle of the field most of the time he rarely get exposed to it. That was the difference, Norvell directed it at the ref who happened to come over to the sideline at the end of the play, if he would have just vented to the side/line judge without the ref being nearby it probably would not have drawn the flag.

JLEW1818
9/26/2010, 10:35 AM
I'm all for him.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, it's not like he ripped off anyone's scrote.

cvsooner
9/26/2010, 11:07 AM
To be fair, the 77-yard run by Pead overturned on replay could have gone either way, in regards to officiating calls. I didn't think the game was particularly well officiated, since we wound up with 113 yards in penalties (!) and Cincy had far less.

I can see why Norvell got upset, but it's not his job to get upset. Stoops should have been the one to intercede with the official.

Leroy Lizard
9/26/2010, 12:20 PM
Here is how the Cinci coach could respond.

Maybe our player elbowed the coach. What is the coach doing there? There is a coaching box that coaches must remain inside during play. Why wasn't the coach inside the box? And why was another coach at least one yard on the field?

Sorry, but Norvell should not have placed himself in the position to where he would tangle with a player. This one is on Norvell.

bluedogok
9/26/2010, 12:29 PM
The play was over at the point of the "altercation", so your point is invalid and the fact that the "altercation" occurred within what would constitute the "coaching box" on the sideline. I just watched it again and Norvell was on the white stripe of the sideline. I agree that he shouldn't have jumped into the middle of it but questioning the refs ancestry or something to that effect is what got the flag, not the altercation itself.

If they were to enforce a "coaching box" rule like in basketball the Cincy staff would have been flagged all night as well.

cdlbdd
9/26/2010, 12:36 PM
I did not see this part of the game. Anyone have a link to the video?

bluedogok
9/26/2010, 12:39 PM
I watched it off my DVR.

cdlbdd
9/26/2010, 12:43 PM
I watched it off my DVR.

Way to go!

setem
9/26/2010, 01:36 PM
Bob will teach him to STFU, even when he is right.

No he wont! That was a BS penalty and Bob knows it!

Leroy Lizard
9/26/2010, 01:38 PM
No he wont! That was a BS penalty and Bob knows it!

Stoops to Norvell: It is MY job to get the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, not yours!

TXBOOMER
9/26/2010, 01:41 PM
Shouldn't have done it. We either scored or missed a FG on the drive (should have been a TD but Cam dropped it). No harm done this time.

salth2o
9/26/2010, 01:45 PM
Under no circumstances should an assistant coach EVER get a penalty of this nature. It is the job of the head coach to express his displeasure of a call with an official.

47straight
9/26/2010, 11:19 PM
Under these circumstances, it was perfectly fine for the assistant coach to get involved. No coach should ever stand for another team to commit a dangerous penalty against one of his players. No man should ever stand for another man to put his hands on him.

The only thing Norvell did wrong was say "****ing." There would have been no penalty otherwise.

Peach Fuzz
9/26/2010, 11:51 PM
under no circumstance my ***... trust me if you were a coach in that game and that sh*t happened you would have done the same thing.. maybe not use the same words but don't kid us when you all act like you can't believe such a thing...get ****in real

Joe
9/27/2010, 01:18 AM
To be fair, the 77-yard run by Pead overturned on replay could have gone either way, in regards to officiating calls. I didn't think the game was particularly well officiated, since we wound up with 113 yards in penalties (!) and Cincy had far less.

I can see why Norvell got upset, but it's not his job to get upset. Stoops should have been the one to intercede with the official.

Yeah because having your whole arm damn near up to your shoulder touching the ground means you're not down.

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2010, 01:21 AM
Weird how many people watch the game compared to how few know the rules.

Collier11
9/27/2010, 01:23 AM
To be fair, the 77-yard run by Pead overturned on replay could have gone either way, in regards to officiating calls. .

Other than the fact that he was obviously down by rule, you have it right :rolleyes:

sooner59
9/27/2010, 01:53 AM
Other than the fact that he was obviously down by rule, you have it right :rolleyes:

By rule I have to agree with you. :D

SoonerInSpringdale
9/27/2010, 07:11 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with it. Horrendous late hit on a player that can't defend themself and then the Cincy player puts his hands on him and pushes him. I thought in the replays I saw him saying "he f'in pushed me!" right before the flag was thrown.

kustang619
9/27/2010, 08:32 AM
That call was pathetic, the Cincy coach was yelling and acting a ham fool on his sideline. They should of called the late hit on cincy on that play.

Agree with ^ guy!

The Ghost of Mex
9/27/2010, 09:10 AM
I think the flag was racially motivated!:D

oudavid1
9/27/2010, 11:56 AM

By rule I have to agree with you. :D

he was down. nuff said.

bluedogok
9/27/2010, 04:21 PM
Weird how many people watch the game compared to how few know the rules.
Like broadcasters......

My wife was a Line Judge and Side Judge for a few years, mainly lower levels but she did work a Dallas Cowboys scrimmage when they camped here and some of the small college games. Her opinion of most referees is pretty low, yes they are sensitive and more prone to have a fit (after all she knew Cristal and Bible) than the LJ/SJ who hear the coaches scream all game long. If Norvell hadn't have directed his verbiage at the ref, there probably would have been no flag. As someone who worked that side of the field she saw nothing there that deserved a flag against Norvell....but she said she knows The Peacock (Cristal) would have probably thrown one.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 04:38 PM
I think if this had been the RRS and Muschamp had drawn the flag, our opinions would have changed dramatically.

Collier11
9/27/2010, 04:49 PM
I think if one of our players had struck another teams coach he would probably be in some trouble

Howzit
9/27/2010, 04:53 PM
No man should ever stand for another man to put his hands on him.

step actually pays good money for that.

SoonerWarMachine#1
9/27/2010, 05:01 PM
Love the passion. . . someone needs to get fired up, preferrably on defense but I'll take what I can get

cyclonesooner
9/27/2010, 05:09 PM
With all of the attention being given to concussions and the such, how is the flag not thrown on that late hit. Ridiculous. Yes, as an assistant coach, you can not go that far and be penalized.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 05:13 PM
Love the passion. . . someone needs to get fired up, preferrably on defense but I'll take what I can get

Well, we got a 15-yard penalty.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 05:14 PM
Does anyone have the video they can post?

TopDawg
9/27/2010, 05:17 PM
Under these circumstances, it was perfectly fine for the assistant coach to get involved. No coach should ever stand for another team to commit a dangerous penalty against one of his players. No man should ever stand for another man to put his hands on him.

The only thing Norvell did wrong was say "****ing." There would have been no penalty otherwise.

Reacting strongly wasn't going overboard.
Reacting as strongly as he did was.

yankee
9/27/2010, 05:26 PM
i'm the guy obsessed with jay norvell.

stoopified
9/27/2010, 05:47 PM
I seem to recall Stoops getting flagged for something similar in the past .I don't want a coach on my team who sees a blatant personal foul committed against one of OUr players without a flag and DOESN'T get in the ref's face.

GKeeper316
9/27/2010, 05:59 PM
It was a complete cheap shot. I'm surprised he was the only one who took exception to it. How the HELL was that not a flag?

i guess i didnt see what everyone else saw... i saw a ball come loose and an out of bounds player try to cover it, then i saw a cincy guy come in and try to claim the ball that was illegally touched by one of our boys, who had half his body sitting on the sideline.

honestly the flag was warranted.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2010, 06:16 PM
i'm the gay obsessed with jay norvell.

Sorry, yankee. It was just there, beckoning me.

OU_Sooners75
9/27/2010, 06:31 PM
Well, considering what drew the flag had nothing to do with the late hit and everything to do with that #4 player from Cincy pushing him...yeah, he reacted a little child like.

If you can read the lips of Norvell, you will see that he said something to the affect that, "he f'in pushed me first."

That #4 player from Cincy was a cheap shot artist and about as dirty of a player I have seen in quite sometime.

But you all are correct, the refs in that game were a bunch of pussies and bowed down to the hostile home crowd way too easily instead of calling a better game....and just think, the odds we draw them again are pretty high in a couple of our conference games.

47straight
9/27/2010, 06:59 PM
BTW, I'm pretty sure that #4's name is "BOMAR."

Yup.

btk108
9/27/2010, 08:13 PM
Well, considering what drew the flag had nothing to do with the late hit and everything to do with that #4 player from Cincy pushing him...yeah, he reacted a little child like.

If you can read the lips of Norvell, you will see that he said something to the affect that, "he f'in pushed me first."

That #4 player from Cincy was a cheap shot artist and about as dirty of a player I have seen in quite sometime.

But you all are correct, the refs in that game were a bunch of pussies and bowed down to the hostile home crowd way too easily instead of calling a better game....and just think, the odds we draw them again are pretty high in a couple of our conference games.

^^This^^

HBick
9/27/2010, 08:16 PM
Didn't Norvell do something like this as OC at UCLA with Karl Dorrell (forgive the spelling)?

NatureBoy
9/28/2010, 07:44 AM
Norvell learned that from everyone's favorite, Bill Callahan.

soonerloyal
9/28/2010, 08:05 AM
Maybe it's because I have two jarheads...but if the only difference between Norvell's and Jones'(?) screaming was the Eff Word - So the f*** what? That ref needs to change his too-tight lacy thong to a looser-fitting boxer. A cuss word shouldn't be the defining factor. Unless Norvell called HIM a f***er, both coaches' behavior was the same. I'm a mom and taught my sons good sportsmanship, but I simply cannot get the vapors over one blue adverb. Especially when a player physically fouls a coach.

Was it a good choice? No. Was Norvell's, not Jones', worth a penalty? I think not.

OU_Sooners75
9/28/2010, 09:02 AM
Maybe it's because I have two jarheads...but if the only difference between Norvell's and Jones'(?) screaming was the Eff Word - So the f*** what? That ref needs to change his too-tight lacy thong to a looser-fitting boxer. A cuss word shouldn't be the defining factor. Unless Norvell called HIM a f***er, both coaches' behavior was the same. I'm a mom and taught my sons good sportsmanship, but I simply cannot get the vapors over one blue adverb. Especially when a player physically fouls a coach.

Was it a good choice? No. Was Norvell's, not Jones', worth a penalty? I think not.

It doesnt matter. He is a coach and he should have acted in a higher manor than some 19 or 20 year old kid would.

More is expected out of coaches....but you are correct, he isnt the first coach to say a cuss word at a ref.

These refs were just pussies like I said in an earlier post. They were afraid to **** off a hostile crowd in Cincy.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/28/2010, 09:05 AM
No. Jay Norvell did NOT go overboard. End of discussion...

OU_Sooners75
9/28/2010, 09:10 AM
No. Jay Norvell did NOT go overboard. End of discussion...

End of discussion? LOL

Who are you to say such a thing...LOL...:texan:

Mad Dog Madsen
9/28/2010, 09:14 AM
Oh, sorry. I forgot to put the little smiley on there. :D ...Carry on.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2010, 10:20 AM
I actually thought this discussion ended Sunday.

Crimson Kid
9/28/2010, 11:02 AM
Did he go overboard? Yes and no.

Yes. Because he's better then that.

No. Because He was standing up for his player and they respect that. They wanna know their coach is gonna have their back when stuff like that happens. And no because that punk kid should have never touched him in the first place. If it had been norvell that started it, different story then.

All coaches lose their cool, I'm just glad norvell didn't deck the punk for shoving him.

These refs shouldn't let emotions from coaches players or fans influence their call. I'm sure that ref had heard worse and seen worse.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2010, 11:04 AM
All coaches lose their cool, I'm just glad norvell didn't deck the punk for shoving him.

Now THAT would be worthy of a 5 page discussion!

Mad Dog Madsen
9/28/2010, 01:30 PM
What?

HolaKyle
9/28/2010, 01:39 PM
I did not see this part of the game. Anyone have a link to the video?

Should I post it on youtube?

Jello Biafra
9/28/2010, 02:05 PM

it wasnt his mouth...it was the fact that he made contact with the player/

Collier11
9/28/2010, 02:09 PM
No it was his mouth, the player made contact with him. At that point Norvell went off on the ref and said something to the affect of "He F***ing pushed me", he didnt get flagged til the F bomb dropped

Jello Biafra
9/28/2010, 02:11 PM
No it was his mouth, the player made contact with him. At that point Norvell went off on the ref and said something to the affect of "He F***ing pushed me", he didnt get flagged til the F bomb dropped

the ref probably let the infraction go but you cannot as a coach make a move like that and get in a players grill...... is and should be an imediate flag.

Collier11
9/28/2010, 02:12 PM
If a player pushes/hits you, the coach has every right to tell him how big of a doosher he is as long as he doesnt touch him. Those refs were p**sies and proved all through the game. That player shoulda been given a 15 yarder for the hit and another one for making contact with a coach

Jello Biafra
9/28/2010, 02:16 PM
If a player pushes/hits you, the coach has every right to tell him how big of a doosher he is as long as he doesnt touch him. Those refs were p**sies and proved all through the game. That player shoulda been given a 15 yarder for the hit and another one for making contact with a coach

easy there, one who sits whilest peeing....i agree they were choad munchers but he didnt do ANYTHING to help himself...

:)

Collier11
9/28/2010, 02:21 PM
Oh I agree that he pushed it but I think most of us woulda done the same thing, I was just proud he didnt go all Woody Hayes on the guy

C&CDean
9/28/2010, 02:27 PM
I watched the replay again last night. My observations:

The hit should have been a PF.

Norvell did NOT go overboard. Players drop F bombs all day long, why shouldn't the coach be able to? I thought he was actually pretty reserved. I did crack up though when the ref throws the flag and you can see Gundy mouth "good god almighty..."

I feel better about the team than I did while watching it live. Even one of the announcers at the end of the game said something like "you can just see how good this Oklahoma team can be in spite of blah blah blah..." The team played very hard.

I'll bet DeMarco doesn't drop 3 more passes the rest of this year. Kenney's drop in the end zone? Unfortunately, that **** will probably happen again. Good thing Miller is looking better and better.

Collier11
9/28/2010, 02:39 PM
That stare that Norvell gave the ref almost made me cry, man that was frightening

C&CDean
9/28/2010, 03:04 PM
That was only maybe a 4.5 on the Mike Stoops staredar.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/28/2010, 03:05 PM
he looked kind of a like a mad tony dungy, so i giggled

Collier11
9/28/2010, 03:05 PM
You mean a mad tony dungy that weighs 40 more lbs and is cut

KantoSooner
9/28/2010, 03:13 PM
This ^
Norvell is one big dude.

HolaKyle
9/29/2010, 01:17 AM
Video Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6ooLAWiQg)

and you're welcome!

Collier11
9/29/2010, 01:29 AM
Its even worse in review, both of those UC players should have been flagged

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 01:36 AM
Funny part is how you can see Bomar grinning about it over on their sideline afterward.

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2010, 01:37 AM
Although I caught grief in the game thread, I was right that a coach was on the field during play. Our coaching staff needs better sideline control. We don't want to pull a Texas.

Collier11
9/29/2010, 01:39 AM
Leroy, seriously...your act is getting old. WE GET IT, you want to counter argue every logical point, EVER!!! Now, act normal for Gosh Sake!

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2010, 01:39 AM
Its even worse in review, both of those UC players should have been flagged

One certainly. Who was the other player?

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 01:43 AM
I think one had the late hit and then another had the shove.

Collier11
9/29/2010, 01:44 AM
An obvious late hit followed by a Cincy player putting both hands on Norvell and shoving him

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 01:46 AM
That Bomar guy is a doosher all around.

Collier11
9/29/2010, 01:47 AM
which one :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 01:49 AM
Exactly.

[michael jackson]It doesn't matter if your Black Bomar or White Bomar[/michael jackson]

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2010, 03:01 AM
Leroy, seriously...your act is getting old. WE GET IT, you want to counter argue every logical point, EVER!!! Now, act normal for Gosh Sake!

Actually, I made the original point and others responded to me by calling me bad names, and making fun of me, and... and... ;)

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 03:26 AM
You big giant reptbag!

Collier11
9/29/2010, 03:35 AM
LOL

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 03:46 AM
I think we should spend the rest of the life of this thread coming up with new meanings for LOL.

So:

Leaping Ornery Lizard!

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 03:46 AM
Learning Our Lingo

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 03:47 AM
Liasons On Landlines

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 03:49 AM
Lesbians Offering Lungfish

Collier11
9/29/2010, 11:12 AM
Leroy offers Labia

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2010, 11:35 AM
Well, I have a whole new take on what Norvell did now...but I didn't cost my team any yards

Collier11
9/29/2010, 11:41 AM
youre too big of a girly man to stick up for your team

Collier11
9/29/2010, 11:43 AM
Lethargic Obvious Lesbians

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2010, 11:45 AM
Dude Im expecting a phone call anytime saying Im not allowed to be on the sideline anymore....

Their little punk center was kicking my NT after the play was over and they didn't do anything at all...didnt even penalize their team for it...on top of their coach was calling penalties for the refs...

Their coach told him to "Do it again" after it was over and I lost it dude..i can barely speak today..I went over to their coach and said "Tell him do it again one more time and see what happens!"....

Collier11
9/29/2010, 11:49 AM
Ah Snaps...ITS ON!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2010, 11:51 AM
Yup.....I've decided im a Mike Stoops wannabe

Collier11
9/29/2010, 12:00 PM
Just pull the line outta Rocky when Tommy Morrison hits Pauly

"You hit him now try hitting me" then start laying out little kids one by one

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2010, 12:32 PM
I blame this thread on drugs.

Jello Biafra
9/29/2010, 12:38 PM
Dude Im expecting a phone call anytime saying Im not allowed to be on the sideline anymore....

Their little punk center was kicking my NT after the play was over and they didn't do anything at all...didnt even penalize their team for it...on top of their coach was calling penalties for the refs...

Their coach told him to "Do it again" after it was over and I lost it dude..i can barely speak today..I went over to their coach and said "Tell him do it again one more time and see what happens!"....

step, where you coaching?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2010, 01:02 PM
YUP

Jello Biafra
9/29/2010, 01:24 PM
YUP

WHARE r U coaching? lol friggin knuckle head

Salt City Sooner
9/29/2010, 01:24 PM
That Bomar guy is a doosher all around.
Whadya expect? Jerry's his dad. :D

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bomar_maalik00.html

Jello Biafra
9/29/2010, 01:29 PM
for the record....i think the i may have the same issues. my wife calls me to the fence with 5 minutes left in the game last night and says "you have to be the only 6yo coach in the state who is winning 27-6 and looks like you would punch your mother in the face"

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/29/2010, 02:35 PM
My favorite part was when like 2 or 3 plays later, A Cincy player was talking **** to DeJuan Miller and then he torched his *** for like 30 yards

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2010, 05:54 PM
Whadya expect? Jerry's his dad. :D

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bomar_maalik00.html

That's ****in' hilarious.

HolaKyle
10/2/2010, 01:22 PM
HERE (http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?6976-Jay-Norvell-Flagged-for-arguing-with-the-ref-after-a-late-hit-in-the-Cinnci-Ga) is the Husker's take on the play. There are also hits from the * rivals site, but I don't have Rivals access. If anybody does, you should check it out. It would be interesting to see what they have to say.

StoopTroup
10/2/2010, 01:24 PM
Isn't Norvell some sort of birth control? Why does this thread keep going? Will this go on for 9 months?