PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and 6, Game on the Line

Boomer38Sooner
9/25/2010, 09:14 PM
Kevin Freaking Wilson calls a run up the middle... The line didn't run block a thing all night, Landry played good, not spectacular, but good.... THROW THE FOOTBALL!

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:15 PM
Terrible call, but other than that I thought the PC was fine.

The Ghost of Mex
Agree...

noobalicious
Yeah, our interior o-line got blown up by their tackles all game. Aren't we playing two converted tight ends at guard? Perhaps we should re-evaluate that strategy.

pappy
Agreed horrible call.

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, our interior o-line got blown up by their tackles all game. Aren't we playing two converted tight ends at guard? Perhaps we should re-evaluate that strategy.

Except on short yardage, when we always seem to convert. 3rd and 1s/2s etc.

swardboy
9/25/2010, 09:18 PM
Honestly, I don't jump in the threads much about assinine playcalling, but I'm beside myself tonight.

And I've admired DMs great plays over the years, but he just doesn't have it this year so far. Did he get by one first hit tonight? Mosis is by far the more exciting of the two backs imho.

ouhomer123
9/25/2010, 09:21 PM
Kevin Freaking Wilson calls a run up the middle... The line didn't run block a thing all night, Landry played good, not spectacular, but good.... THROW THE FOOTBALL!

Agree 100% :mad:

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 09:21 PM
Mosis is indeed a good back. Wilson isn't doing a good job of rotating DeMarco and him properly IMO. We should really be able to keep the opposing teams Defense on their heels like we did tonight in the first series against the bearcats. We just didn't keep the intensity going. We let up for some reason.

Peach Fuzz
9/25/2010, 09:24 PM
the reason is because KW lost his balls somewhere on the sideline and his brain went ape ****

TXBOOMER
9/25/2010, 09:29 PM
Terrible call, but other than that I thought the PC was fine.

You are turning into a sunshine pumper. The PC was swing pass, middle screen or handoff. No imagination at all, very predictable. Sick of it.

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:31 PM
You are turning into a sunshine pumper. The PC was swing pass, middle screen or handoff. No imagination at all, very predictable. Sick of it.
We ran the end around, faked off of it. Got the fullback into the passing game. I thought a very good mix, but just too much Murray. If Kenney doesn't drop the TD, it looks a lot better.

TXBOOMER
9/25/2010, 09:32 PM
We don't seem to lose yards out of the I. I would like to see some wide splits out of the I. I loved the play action out of the I when Sam was here.

TXBOOMER
9/25/2010, 09:34 PM
We ran the end around, faked off of it. Got the fullback into the passing game. I thought a very good mix, but just too much Murray. If Kenney doesn't drop the TD, it looks a lot better.

There are a few exceptions but when you run 80 plays I would like to see more.

Collier11
9/25/2010, 10:47 PM
We need to throw down the field more IMO, not long bombs but something other than 5 yard passes. When we did it we were successful. Run blocking is bad and Demarco didnt hit the holes like he typically does

SoonerLB
9/25/2010, 11:10 PM
the reason is because KW lost his balls somewhere on the sideline and his brain went ape ****

Yessir! And it was about 2 seasons back! Swing pass, swing pass, run Murray into the waiting arms of unblocked defensive players, that's our Mr. Predictable! :(

VA Sooner
9/25/2010, 11:13 PM
Murray got us quite a few first downs on third. Good play-call... keep the clock running.

So glad Less Miles is not our coach...

gaylordfan1
9/25/2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, our interior o-line got blown up by their tackles all game. Aren't we playing two converted tight ends at guard?Perhaps we should re-evaluate that strategy.

Not exactly, Mensik is at RT, and yes Ikard subs in and out with the guards.

Mosis is indeed a good back. Wilson isn't doing a good job of rotating DeMarco and him properly IMO.We should really be able to keep the opposing teams Defense on their heels like we did tonight in the first series against the bearcats. We just didn't keep the intensity going. We let up for some reason.

I believe Gundy is in charge of rotating the backs. Wilson calls the play depending on which back is in. Although I don't think it changes the play calling that much... both can catch out of the backfield.

mightysooner
9/25/2010, 11:22 PM
It was only a bad call because Murray had a terrible game. Had he been on point and gone for 17 yds on that play we'd be calling him a genius.

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 11:23 PM
Then Gundy is ****ing up our offense.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2010, 11:24 PM
Not exactly, Mensik is at RT, and yes Ikard subs in and out with the guards.

And Mensik has been playing very well