PDA

View Full Version : A win is a....... oh **** it.

agoo758
9/25/2010, 08:48 PM
Our defense isn't very good, and it hasnt been very good when it counts since Bro. Stoops left. We need to get better. Simple as that. No other way to put it.

zeke
9/25/2010, 08:49 PM
Our O-line is not very good.

ratherthanlater
9/25/2010, 08:50 PM
I know we should be like 8-0 by now, at least. Stupid defense only contributing to our perfect record.

Okie35
9/25/2010, 08:50 PM
Fire EVERYBODY! :D hahaha once again I guess ppl missed the game we were actually hyped up for. I'm not trying to say the defense is great but if you didn't get any sign of how good we actually can be by the FSU game then you're pretty sad. Even that game we weren't flawless yet looked good.

delhalew
9/25/2010, 08:51 PM
Judging by that game we suck in all aspects...and we know better. That is why I am furious.

jumperstop
9/25/2010, 08:51 PM
I'll take a close win over a texas like game any day. At least were 4-0.

SCSooner71
9/25/2010, 08:52 PM
Im tired of sweating out games like this. We have chances to put these games away but we dont. Who knows maybe we struggle with teams we should beat up on and we save our good games for the good teams.

aero
9/25/2010, 08:54 PM
I would say we have had some pretty good players on defense since MS left. I've certainly thought we should have had a better defense just about every year since then with the players we've had. I can only surmise its the coaching. We seem to put defenses on the field that have great players and typically make 2 great stops then give up a long 3rd down for a first down. Can't even begin to think how many times I've seen that since Mike left.

possumfat
9/25/2010, 08:57 PM
I'm speechless................

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah we looked rough at times....

Thing is...you look at all the positives IMO. The negatives...I'm sure some guys will have some Coaches all over their *** this week.

The positives = Won a Road Game in a Hostile enviroment. Every game this year so far has been a tough game but resulted in a win. Every game we see another Receiver step up. Murray continues to be a workhorse. Our Special Teams are getting better. Travis Lewis looks like the Defensive Leader we need him to be tonight. Hurst and Fleming are going to become really good corners by years end IMO Maybe Ronnell might find a home by the time we play in the Cotton Bowl. Although Landry made some mistakes tonight...I think he's getting ready to step up his game to the next level. Not sure but maybe there is more.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2010, 09:00 PM
D line wasn't consistently impressive like they should have been. they had their moments, but they were few and far between. (PS I called this in the pre-season. You don't lose Gerald McCoy and not miss a beat.)
You might disagree with me, but IMO the secondary had more shining moments than embarrassing plays.
Murray wasn't getting blocking and if he was, his legs looked dead toward the end of the game. Madu didn't look much better toward the end of the game but I think that was almost completely due to the blocking. I will be glad to get Clay back.
Cam Kenney. Smh. That's all.
Screens, bubbles, etc. were pathetic. The catching on those was pretty bad too.
Too many negative yardage plays.
Special teams looked like they took a step back this week. Or maybe Cinci is just really good at ST?

On the other hand, we held it together in a very hostile environment when it seemed like everything was going wrong. Give the defense Kudos for that.
Kenny Stills showed up big. DeJuan Miller was clutch when he was thrown the ball.
Broyles saved the game by recovering that onside kick.
Landry Jones didn't completely get flustered and lose all of his confidence like he has done this year.
Jimmy Stevens only missed one, that was pretty far (for him)--42? Ha, yes, this is a positive.
We won another close one! Ha! According to some of you, this is an important stat.
Texas lost.

StoopTroup
Judging by that game we suck in all aspects...and we know better. That is why I am furious.

Those other four teams must really blow.

rawlingsHOH
Our defense isn't very good, and it hasnt been very good when it counts since Bro. Stoops left. We need to get better. Simple as that. No other way to put it.

Defense was outstanding in 2009.

agoo758
9/25/2010, 09:01 PM
Agreed. On the plus side, I felt Landry did a very good job, especially considering the playcalling.........:(

Sabanball
9/25/2010, 09:02 PM
Dang you guys like to live dangerously, and evidently play to the level of your competition this year so far. Congrats on the win, that's all that counts and all anybody will remember. Now go spank some 'horn a** while they're down.

RTR/BS

yankee
9/25/2010, 09:05 PM
Murray continues to be a workhorse.

28 carries for 67 yards. if i'm going to give the ball to my running back 28 times in a game, he better average more than 2.4 YPC. not to mention the drops he had on the swing passes. murray had an AWFUL game. a f'n joke.

agoo758
9/25/2010, 09:06 PM
I'd say SabanBall's team was living dangerously too :pop:

Sabanball
9/25/2010, 09:10 PM

But our opponent was ranked top 10 and we played them on the road. Little difference I'd say....

Okie35
9/25/2010, 09:10 PM
Im tired of sweating out games like this. We have chances to put these games away but we dont. Who knows maybe we struggle with teams we should beat up on and we save our good games for the good teams.

.... you're catching on :D

Okie35
9/25/2010, 09:11 PM
But our opponent was ranked top 10 and we played them on the road. Little difference I'd say....

Duke lost to Army :P

Sabanball
9/25/2010, 09:12 PM

...and we played against arguably the best passer in college right now. Ryan Mallet lit us up for over 350 yds and he has done the same thing against every other opponent this season.

wolfeco24
Play calling was weak and that I dont understand.

agoo758

Kansas beat New meheeko state! :eek:

rawlingsHOH
9/25/2010, 09:13 PM
Agreed. On the plus side, I felt Landry did a very good job, especially considering the playcalling.........:(

I though the 3rd and 7 hand off to Murray was a terrible call. Other than that, I thought it was fine.

Widescreen
This was Murray's worst game in a long time (other than games in which he got injured). My goodness, was something wrong with him tonight?

Okie35
...and we played against arguably the best passer in college right now. Ryan Mallet lit us up for over 350 yds and he has done the same thing against every other opponent this season.

Its actually Luck and there's no argument :D .

Sabanball

Duke is a high school team. I don't put any stock in our win over them--we offered to buy the game out but they wouldn't let us.

Okie35
9/25/2010, 09:15 PM
This was Murray's worst game in a long time (other than games in which he got injured). My goodness, was something wrong with him tonight?

It was the turf. I wish someone would look up all his stats in games we've played on turf, they won't be good. I promise you. Turf sucks and you're liable to roll your ankle easily. I think he was just playing it safe.

Okie35
9/25/2010, 09:16 PM
Duke is a high school team. I don't put any stock in our win over them--we offered to buy the game out but they wouldn't let us.

I'm messing w/ you, man. Your next stretch is tough, good luck.

Sabanball
9/25/2010, 09:17 PM
Its actually Luck and there's no argument :D .

I don't care what it is, we got the scoreboard and we're 4-0. Bring on the gators. :-)

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 09:18 PM
28 carries for 67 yards. if i'm going to give the ball to my running back 28 times in a game, he better average more than 2.4 YPC. not to mention the drops he had on the swing passes. murray had an AWFUL game. a f'n joke.

Still doesn't take away the fact that he's a workhorse. If you go early to the Cotton Bowl the team buses come in early and you can probably get a chance to tell him what a f'ing joke of a running back he is....lol

Sabanball
9/25/2010, 09:19 PM
I'm messing w/ you, man. Your next stretch is tough, good luck.

I know....I'm messing with you:)

Good luck to both teams in red and white next week--that's all I care about.

sooner59
9/25/2010, 09:22 PM
Still doesn't take away the fact that he's a workhorse. If you go early to the Cotton Bowl the team buses come in early and you can probably get a chance to tell him what a f'ing joke of a running back he is....lol

I like him on short yardage, but not in space anymore.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2010, 09:24 PM
I'm the biggest Murray fan on this board, but he didn't look good tonight.
But I wouldn't give up on him yet.

OklahomaSooners
9/25/2010, 09:36 PM
We won the game folks, Murray was wore out, he was tired! Again we won!

GottaHavePride
9/25/2010, 10:20 PM
Our D is going to be inconsistent - hell, weren't half our corners freshmen? Really young secondary. Same problem with our receivers - they can make an amazing catch one play and bounce the ball off their helmet the next.

Next week we could suck balls, but if these guys ever put together a flawless game they can beat anyone.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/25/2010, 10:47 PM
Our D is going to be inconsistent - hell, weren't half our corners freshmen? Really young secondary. Same problem with our receivers - they can make an amazing catch one play and bounce the ball off their helmet the next.

Next week we could suck balls, but if these guys ever put together a flawless game they can beat anyone.

+1

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2010, 10:54 PM
Jefferson.... Man what a baller! Kid saved three tds!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2010, 10:55 PM

legit. like legit legit.

delhalew
9/25/2010, 10:56 PM
It was the turf. I wish someone would look up all his stats in games we've played on turf, they won't be good. I promise you. Turf sucks and you're liable to roll your ankle easily. I think he was just playing it safe.

I really think there is something to this.

btb916
9/25/2010, 11:01 PM

That was Nelson.

Listen, I'm really glad we won and that we now have experience winning a tight one on the road .That's great to build on.

But beating these teams that really aren't that good by such a slim margin is cause for concern when we do play a good team. Air Force barely won today. BYU is not any good (so Air Force's signature win isn't very impressive.) Utah State is not that good. So I don't get why people want to brush aside the criticism and say "a win is a win." Poor performances are the harbingers of losses. So yeah, a win is a . . . oh **** it.

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2010, 11:02 PM
If murray has a problem with turf maybe we should bench him now for the rest of the road games. I mean turf is everywhere but norman from here on out.

Tiptonsooner
9/25/2010, 11:03 PM
If murray has a problem with turf maybe we should bench him now for the rest of the road games. I mean turf is everywhere but norman from here on out.

I think that's probably, "not" a viable option.

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2010, 11:04 PM
That was Nelson.

Listen, I'm really glad we won and that we now have experience winning a tight one on the road .That's great to build on.

But beating these teams that really aren't that good by such a slim margin is cause for concern when we do play a good team. Air Force barely won today. BYU is not any good (so Air Force's signature win isn't very impressive.) Utah State is not that good. So I don't get why people want to brush aside the criticism and say "a win is a win." Poor performances are the harbingers of losses. So yeah, a win is a . . . oh **** it.
Whoever no.3 is. Kid played his heart out.

delhalew
9/25/2010, 11:06 PM

I would need to look at my Phil Steele preview which I don't have on hand, but I don't think we have more than a couple games on turf left. Just saying.

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2010, 11:06 PM
I think that's probably, "not" a viable option.

Ya think?

VA Sooner
9/25/2010, 11:08 PM
Jonathon Nelson was impressive with his two INTs. Saving that touchdown by punching the ball out... very heads up play and the difference.

The five turnovers was all the difference and credit special teams and defense for it. Collaros is a fast dual-threat QB and our D kept him average until that last drive.

Another close game but one in a hostile environment and gaining more confidence and moxie.

On to the RRR... going to be a slug-fest. Texas D is going to play pissed and our D should rise to the occasion once again.

Tiptonsooner
9/25/2010, 11:08 PM
Ya think?

LOL, just being a smartass. :D

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2010, 11:10 PM
Btb Ohio state had damn near all there games close back in 2002 when they won it all.

We have a lot to work on, but I'll take 13-14 1 point wins over any type of loss anyway!

Everyone here is just soiled and thinks the only proper way to make a win legit is by winning by 30 points while scoring 50.

Are we a perfect team? Far from it, but at least this team has yet to peak!

OU_Sooners75
9/25/2010, 11:13 PM
I would need to look at my Phil Steele preview which I don't have on hand, but I don't think we have more than a couple games on turf left. Just saying.

Well until we play on concrete or pavement or gravel, we play all games on turf... Lol

soonersweetie
9/25/2010, 11:13 PM
The positive - we're 4-0. The negative- we're possibly the worst 4-0 team out there. It feels very much like pre-Stoops....we're playing average teams and not sure if we are going to win. Every play is an "omg, are we gonna fumble, drop the pass, hopefully stop the D, maybe make a 3rd down conversion" kinda game.

That said, I'll take 4-0 over what tx had to deal with today.

This one's behind us. I'm sure it will be a tough practice this week for the guys.

OH, and BEAT THE HELL OUTTA TEXAS!!!!!

CBUS_SOONER
9/25/2010, 11:15 PM
Just got back from the game and... We aint very good. I believe we will lose at least 2 or 3 games. Our O and D lines are suspect, Landry is average, and we make too many bone headed plays. Tonight we looked a lot slower than Cincy. We are a yr away from being really good.

Okie35
9/25/2010, 11:17 PM
Just got back from the game and... We aint very good. I believe we will lose at least 2 or 3 games. Our O and D lines are suspect, Landry is average, and we make too many bone headed plays. Tonight we looked a lot slower than Cincy. We are a yr away from being really good.

I LOL'd @ that. You realize his arm is the reason why we won 2 of the 4 games. The main problem is penalties 13 for 113 yards just won't cut it. Most of which moved the ball for Cincy. As far as being a step slow we play better on natural grass. You'll change your tune next week.

CBUS_SOONER
9/25/2010, 11:21 PM
I hope your right. Just easier to see him miss open guys in person.

CBUS_SOONER
9/25/2010, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah and cincy's Defense is garbage

Statalyzer
9/25/2010, 11:31 PM
A win is a....... oh **** it.

Trust me, from a Longhorn ... count your blessings.

:(

delhalew
9/25/2010, 11:32 PM
Well until we play on concrete or pavement or gravel, we play all games on turf... Lol

We might be better of playing on gravel.

stoopified
9/25/2010, 11:48 PM
Those other four teams must really blow.:D