PDA

View Full Version : In the war against weed...

Okla-homey
9/25/2010, 06:22 AM
this bust notwithstanding, the bad guys have won. Here's a thought. Legalize weed, and maybe, just maybe, narco-lords like this guy, and the mayhem they commit on and around both sides of the US/MEX border would stop. There is a mind-blowingly large amount of money involved. And countless violent deaths. I'm sick of it.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/18.jpg
Those are $100 bills.

http://poststuff4.entensity.net/092410/druglord/

Phil
9/25/2010, 07:30 AM
I can haz lots $100 bills?

Phil
9/25/2010, 07:32 AM
Oh, and I am in favor of legalization of weed, as well as my possession of many large stacks of $100 bills.

Mississippi Sooner
9/25/2010, 08:15 AM
What is that, about three feet tall and eight feet square? Hard to get your mind around how much cash that is.

sooner ngintunr
9/25/2010, 08:23 AM
What is that, about three feet tall and eight feet square? Hard to get your mind around how much cash that is.

According to the article, it's 22 million dollars. Wow. You would think us as a nation would have learned something from the first era of prohibition.

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2010, 08:48 AM
this bust notwithstanding, the bad guys have won. Here's a thought. Legalize weed, and maybe, just maybe, narco-lords like this guy, and the mayhem they commit on and around both sides of the US/MEX border would stop. There is a mind-blowingly large amount of money involved. And countless violent deaths. I'm sick of it.

Nah. Demanding proof of immigration status at traffic stops will solve it. And a big fence. Because Mexicans haven't invented ladders yet.

olevetonahill
9/25/2010, 09:01 AM
Nah. Demanding proof of immigration status at traffic stops will solve it. And a big fence. Because Mexicans haven't invented ladders yet.

Mike , This isn't about Illegal Immigration. Come on yer better than that.

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2010, 09:10 AM

Howard, the "debate" about illegal immigration frequently sounds in the argument that Mexican drug lords cross over illegally and commit crimes in the United States. To coin a phrase "come on yer better than that".

Harry Beanbag
9/25/2010, 09:47 AM

He is?

Harry Beanbag
9/25/2010, 09:48 AM
Howard, the "debate" about illegal immigration frequently sounds in the argument that Mexican drug lords cross over illegally and commit crimes in the United States. To coin a phrase "come on yer better than that".

The border is more secure than it's ever been! We've got nothing to worry or complain about.

olevetonahill
9/25/2010, 09:50 AM

In MY minds eye , when I think Illegals I see the workers at the chicken plant, or in the local rock yards.
When I think of Drug lords I think Cold blooded killers who will do anything for the all mighty dollar

Soonerwake
9/25/2010, 10:03 AM
The only question I have is, where does the legalization stop?

Once mj is legal, government regulation will step in basically determining farming, distribution, even price to some extent. The "drug lord" will have to move to something else because his huge profits and ability to grow and sell will be gone. So, now he moves meth up and down the interstate, or cocaine...

Do we really think these guys who will kill to protect their drug turf are going to just cease and desist once mj is legal??

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/25/2010, 10:13 AM
They will probably just move to harder drugs bc these "drug lords" want their money in some way, just as you said Wake. They'll start making crack and meth but those are already a problem now and will continue to be. The war on mj is ridiculous and it needs to end.

I'm not that "I wanna smoke my weed blah blah blah guy" but understand the tax implications as well as the money it would save our govt/prison systems to take mj crimes out of the equation. I had a great prof my junior year of college who let me write a research paper on this topic(14 pages kicked my arse) but it just makes sense.

The only catch, and it's a big one, is going to be getting a sobriety testing system in place because as much as anyone who has smoked will say they can drive.....there has to be some sort of detection way just like we do with alcohol. It will be difficult to develop but it could do big things for our prison system and our economy.

MR2-Sooner86
9/25/2010, 10:26 AM
I hate to say but I doubt we'll see marijuana decriminalized soon if not in our lives. Why? Too many people drank the reefer madness kool-aid and are very brainwashed on the matter.

olevetonahill
9/25/2010, 10:37 AM
They will probably just move to harder drugs bc these "drug lords" want their money in some way, just as you said Wake. They'll start making crack and meth but those are already a problem now and will continue to be. The war on mj is ridiculous and it needs to end.

I'm not that "I wanna smoke my weed blah blah blah guy" but understand the tax implications as well as the money it would save our govt/prison systems to take mj crimes out of the equation. I had a great prof my junior year of college who let me write a research paper on this topic(14 pages kicked my arse) but it just makes sense.

The only catch, and it's a big one, is going to be getting a sobriety testing system in place because as much as anyone who has smoked will say they can drive.....there has to be some sort of detection way just like we do with alcohol. It will be difficult to develop but it could do big things for our prison system and our economy.

I think they already do , If a cop thinks yer under the Influence of Drugs , they take ya to the hospital and give a Pee test
the bad thing about that is it dont show if its current use or a month ago

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/25/2010, 10:42 AM
I think they already do , If a cop thinks yer under the Influence of Drugs , they take ya to the hospital and give a Pee test
the bad thing about that is it dont show if its current use or a month ago

You're right, Vet. I should have clarified what I meant by it, I mean just as a breathalyzer does and shows current useage. With mj and how long it stays in your system, I don't know how scientifically possible it is to come up with an equivalent testing system. If it is possible.....then legalize it!

Leroy Lizard
9/25/2010, 03:26 PM

What do you man, "move to harder drugs"? You think he hadn't already?

I seriously, seriously doubt that the money shown in that photo was made from MJ sales alone, or even if MJ was a large percentage of it. These guys are already making their money in narcotics, and it is foolish to think they will disappear once MJ is legalized.

It's like Prohibition. We finally legalized alcohol and the Mafia disappeared, right? No, they moved further into racketeering, extortion, loan sharking, and narcotics. Unlike what most people think, the golden age of organized crime was not during Prohibition, but in the 1950s.

The answer to crime is not to make illegal behavior legal. We can't make racketeering legal just to cut down on racketeering arrests. What finally halted the spread of organized crime in this country? It wasn't legalization, but tougher laws (e.g., RICO). In the past, you would get two years for extortion. Tie it to organized crime and you get 40 years.

soonerinkaty
9/25/2010, 04:11 PM
If they knew how many people already smoke, they'd legalize it tomorrow.

Leroy Lizard
9/25/2010, 04:21 PM
If they knew how many people already smoke, they'd legalize it tomorrow.

I would assume those who smoke it would vote for its legalization. So why is it illegal?

Sooner5030
9/25/2010, 04:29 PM
My fear regarding legalization is that the regulatory agency would be more intrusive of my rights than the crime fighting agencies.

I'd have to request a cultivation permit and then report to the IRS of my annual crop and ensure that I tag every plant for USDA compliance.

Free country my ***.

GKeeper316
9/25/2010, 04:37 PM
give me bong hits or give me death!

seriously... off to do some bong hits :)

bluedogok
9/25/2010, 04:54 PM
You're right, Vet. I should have clarified what I meant by it, I mean just as a breathalyzer does and shows current useage. With mj and how long it stays in your system, I don't know how scientifically possible it is to come up with an equivalent testing system. If it is possible.....then legalize it!
Many jurisdictions are moving away from breathalyzer tests and doing blood draws. The Austin PD has a bus that they do blood draws in (by phlebotomist) and a judge on stand by for warrants in case the suspect refuses and then during big events there are "no refusal weekends". The BAC tests is much more reliable and stands up in court better.

As far as people "moving onto harder things" there is a large segment of the population that drinks and nothing else, I would be one of those, never tried marijuana or anything else. I also know many who smoke marijuana and maybe drink and that is it, no interest in anything stronger. Most of the people that I have known who have had substance addiction is alcohol, I have known some who have had meth or other addictions and almost all of them started out on alcohol, moved to marijuana and so on. If you have a propensity to addiction, you are going to keep escalating but yet some want to call marijuana a "gateway drug" when for most it was alcohol. Most of those with addictions also have other addictions, just another part of their addictive personalities.

Okla-homey
9/25/2010, 05:31 PM
Carl Sagan's widow is President and Chairwoman of the NORML Board of Directors. She's a Cornell PhD. Just sayin'

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5063

I just find it silly that lots of folks think people who enjoy a bit of weed from time to timer are hopeless slackers who will never amount to anything.

And for the record, I've never felt the need to try a harder drug. evar.

picasso
9/25/2010, 10:48 PM

There's that and the whole reaping benefits without paying taxes thing.

picasso
9/25/2010, 10:49 PM
Carl Sagan's widow is President and Chairwoman of the NORML Board of Directors. She's a Cornell PhD. Just sayin'

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5063

I just find it silly that lots of folks think people who enjoy a bit of weed from time to timer are hopeless slackers who will never amount to anything.

And for the record, I've never felt the need to try a harder drug. evar.

Go lick a toad's back. It's free and legal.

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 11:51 PM
Most of you folks who smoke think that everyone is smoking that **** but really...it's the other way around. Also...folks I know are some of the most worthless human beings when it comes to really getting something done.

Now...if I need folks to be creative....pure LSD beats the **** out of pot but getting it legalized will be much tougher than pot.

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 11:56 PM
Good video on LSD...

r3CbfMuR2YA&feature=related

StoopTroup
9/25/2010, 11:57 PM
J_JqUOvsVI4&feature=related

StoopTroup
9/26/2010, 12:10 AM
LMAO

D_G8txdH7CY&feature=related

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2010, 12:11 AM
Troup loves weed..

yermom
9/26/2010, 12:12 AM
i didn't watch the the video, but LSD is totally on a different level from weed, i'm not sure what it has to do with the discussion

the last 3 presidents admitted to smoking weed. give me a break.

StoopTroup
9/26/2010, 12:14 AM
My Favorite.....The Shroom Monster

I5i7t2v07Is&feature=related

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2010, 12:16 AM
For 400 dollars I got Jerry Garcia in a pouch, man!

StoopTroup
9/26/2010, 12:22 AM
one time I took a trip....

There was crazy old dude that had a bird on his shoulder, an alligator in his coffee table and he was cooking something on the stove the whole time I was there. I saw some other animals too and i remember a bird attack and some strange messican that kept saying that he was gonna learn to cook stuff that people would enjoy more than a 5 star restaurant.

StoopTroup
9/26/2010, 12:23 AM
i didn't watch the the video, but LSD is totally on a different level from weed, i'm not sure what it has to do with the discussion

the last 3 presidents admitted to smoking weed. give me a break.

Folks who do LSD aren't worthless slackers like weed smokers. They are highly intelligent visionaries. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2010, 12:31 AM
Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

Leroy Lizard
9/26/2010, 02:36 PM
So once pot gets legalized, the next big cry will be for the legalization of LSD.

setem
9/26/2010, 03:05 PM
In 1970 Doc Ellis pitched a No-Hitter against the Padres while on LSD!

Ellis pitched a no-hitter against the San Diego Padres on June 12, 1970. He would admit in 1984 to being under the influence of LSD throughout the course of the game.[2] Ellis had been visiting friends in Los Angeles under the impression he had the day off and was still high when his friend's girlfriend told him he had to pitch a game against the Padres that night. Ellis boarded a shuttle flight to the ballpark and threw a no-hitter despite not being able to feel the ball or clearly see the batter or catcher.[3] Ellis said catcher Jerry May wore reflective tape on his fingers which helped Ellis to see his target. Ellis walked eight, struck out six, and was aided by excellent fielding plays by second baseman Bill Mazeroski and center fielder Matty Alou.[4] During the game, teammates (such as rookie Dave Cash) are reported to have commented to Ellis on the bench between innings that he was pitching a no-hitter, despite the superstition that discourages mentioning a no-hitter while it is in progress. Because the no-hitter was the first game of a double header, Ellis was forced to keep track of the pitch count for the night game.[5]

As Ellis recounted it:

I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me.[6]

The incident inspired the songs "Dock Ellis" by indie rock singer Barbara Manning, "America's Favorite Pastime" by folk singer Todd Snider, "Dock Ellis' No-No" by Chuck Brodsky,[7] and "LSD (The Ballad of Doc Ellis)" by Boston rock band Random Road Mother. Robin Williams has incorporated the tale into a standup routine for HBO [8] An animated short film about the game, "Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No", features narration in Ellis's own voice, taken from a 2008 radio interview.[9]

Leroy Lizard
9/26/2010, 03:41 PM
In 1970 Doc Ellis pitched a No-Hitter against the Padres while on LSD!

Gee, that changes everything. :rolleyes:

setem
9/26/2010, 03:45 PM
Not at all I am just saying THAT IS SOME CRAZY ****!

Leroy Lizard
9/26/2010, 04:01 PM
Not at all I am just saying THAT IS SOME CRAZY ****!

I think his memory is hazy. He had to have been able to see the strike zone; he just can't remember seeing it.

Because he was drugged. And stupid.

setem
9/26/2010, 04:50 PM
It said in that wiki that he hit a few guys. So seeing the zone might not have been too easy for him!

Leroy Lizard
9/26/2010, 05:01 PM
So he walked everyone. Okay, that makes more sense.

setem
9/26/2010, 05:09 PM
He walked 4 guys. I am not sure how many hit batsman he had though. I seen a kid hit 6 kids a row(in a game I was not part of) before the ump sent him packing. It was pretty clear he was head hunting. I asked his coach what the deal was and he said after he hit the first for he figured he was done so he went for the ribs on the next two guys. He couldnt throw a strike to save his life that day but he could aim for the ribs...that is ****y to me!