PDA

View Full Version : My first impression of Ohio . . .

Phil
9/25/2010, 12:06 AM
dark. Very dark. Maybe light later, but dark now. That is all.

Leroy Lizard
9/25/2010, 12:35 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cywg7wzfIBs/SIY--mKugvI/AAAAAAAAG48/BgLvibktHEs/s320/ThatsRacist.gif

Soonerus
9/25/2010, 12:39 AM
Phil, glad you are there, I almost went...

Blue
9/25/2010, 12:51 AM
I got a great story about Cincinnatti...long story short, my buddy spent a month in jail there for one drunken night of ours.

OUstud
9/25/2010, 12:53 AM
Hmm...

Rows of lights to illuminate lines
Why don't they turn them off and let us see night?

-"Ohio", Modest Mouse

PDXsooner
9/25/2010, 12:55 AM
I'm an Ohio U grad...the state ain't too bad...I've had some good times there.

No1Better
9/25/2010, 06:10 AM
It's 57 degrees outside, nice change of pace...

OUthunder
9/25/2010, 06:12 AM
Try a Perogie.

swardboy
9/25/2010, 06:18 AM
It's always darkest before an OU blowout......

Phil
9/25/2010, 07:28 AM
Now more light. Less dark. My brother says he tried Skyline Chili once when he moved up here and that it is NOT chili and it sucks. I will find out for myself later. Details to follow.

Mississippi Sooner
9/25/2010, 07:31 AM
Now more light. Less dark. My brother says he tried Skyline Chili once when he moved up here and that it is NOT chili and it sucks. I will find out for myself later. Details to follow.

I'll second that. They have no right calling that Skyline stuff chili. It's more like watery spaghetti sauce full of kidney beans. Nasty.

Phil
9/25/2010, 08:02 AM
I got a great story about Cincinnatti...long story short, my buddy spent a month in jail there for one drunken night of ours.

I am not in Cincinnati, but I had to pass through there to get here.

Phil
9/25/2010, 08:05 AM
Phil, glad you are there, I almost went...

The same can be said for me. My flight was supposed to leave OKC at 5 yesterday, through Chicago to Dayton. However, the flight was delayed 2 hours, meaning I would miss my connection. I rerouted through Dallas to Cincinnati, which meant I got in an hour late and 60 miles south of where I was supposed to, but I made it.

olevetonahill
9/25/2010, 08:05 AM
So yer saying You've Seen the light now ?

Phil
9/25/2010, 08:47 AM
Yes. Haven't seen any Ohio State d-bags as yet, although I'm told they're everywhere.

Flagstaffsooner
9/25/2010, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drv0joKUcA&feature=related

OUTrumpet
9/25/2010, 08:57 AM
I'm an Ohio U grad...the state ain't too bad...I've had some good times there.

Did any of those times involve tackling Brutus the Buckeye?

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2010, 09:10 AM
Yes. Haven't seen any Ohio State d-bags as yet, although I'm told they're everywhere.

Oh trust me, they're EVERYWHERE...just like all the * fans, only .01% actually went there. Twelve years of my life was spent in that state, and one of the best days of my life was a day in August of 2001 when I was driving on I-75 across the Ohio River at Cincinnati...I rolled down the window and gave the state one big middle finger as I drove closer and closer to Oklahoma.

OUthunder
9/25/2010, 09:17 AM

They're almost as bad as horns.

PLaw
9/25/2010, 09:27 AM
dark. Very dark. Maybe light later, but dark now. That is all.

Yeah, they are proud of their chili there. I forget the name of the local institution that is supposed to be the place for chile, but you can YELP! it.

BOOMER

LRoss
9/25/2010, 09:30 AM
Skyline Chili -- I'll say you guys are half right.

I lived in Louisville KY (hour and a half from the 'Natti) for 8 years, and the first time I went to a Skyline I didn't get it -- because you're right, it's NOT AT ALL like what you would normally think of as "chili." Once you know what to expect, though, it's pretty good for cheap grub. Go in with an open mind -- not expecting "chili" per se, and you'll be all right. Or, if you just really want "chili," don't go at all as you'll not be served what you desire.

Whet
9/25/2010, 09:42 AM
Got here yesterday evening. Set up in the parking lot - the only RV here - the only OU people, too. This morning, we are still the only RV here, the lot is full of cars from a marathon they are doing this morning.

We did see one person in Cincinnati gear this morning and did see some OU folks yesterday evening. One guy that lives here and some guys that drove up from OKC in there RV but they parked across from the UPS office, west of here.

Last night was like spending the night in the middle of downtown. But, we are 3 blocks from the team hotel and 3 blocks north of the stadium.

Hopefully, we'll see more sooner fans here!

Actually, have a cubkitten fan parked behind us - at least flying their flag.

PDXsooner
9/25/2010, 09:53 AM
Did any of those times involve tackling Brutus the Buckeye?

Ha ha, no but that made me proud...

bent rider
9/25/2010, 10:17 AM
Never had Skyline or any of the Cinci "chilis", but from the descriptions I've seen, it sounds like what the grade school cafeteria would serve as "chef's surprise", namely, a bunch of leftover ground meat on spaghetti or macaroni noodles. Yeccccch.

GOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOONERS!

SoonerinLex
9/25/2010, 10:20 AM
I recommend going to Montgomery Inn BBQ. It is east of the stadium on the river. BBQ is good, on the sweet side. Has a lot of sports memorabilia from the Cincy area. Nice deck overlooking the river. I ate Skyline once and that was enough. If you are going to try it, I recommend after the game not before.

SoonerStormchaser
9/25/2010, 11:01 AM
Skyline Chili = MAJOR LEAGUE SUCKAGE (and major league ****s)