PDA

View Full Version : Homeless torment

Boarder
9/24/2010, 02:04 PM
A friend of mine put this status on Facebook:

"...is disgusted at the person who faked a homeless person out by waving money at them and then speeding away. Pray for people like that."

Now, reading this status and thinking of the situation, what is your first inclination.

Fugue
9/24/2010, 02:07 PM
I'll be honest, I probably do all 3 in the order you listed.
Then I go give the homeless some $.

badger
9/24/2010, 02:14 PM
:rolleyes: <--- my reaction

some people only feel good about others by enjoying others' misfortune. For example:

:rcmad: C'mon Utah State Aggies! Beat them Oklahomos!

:les:Holy cow, Air Force might win! Gooooo, Air Force! [hairGel]

Seriously though, I don't carry cash too often anymore (vending machine is far too tempting) so I usually cannot help the homeless in that regard... but many services in the area actually say giving cash to homeless people only hurts them - allows them to continue their independence without actively seeking help to get out of their situation.

picasso
9/24/2010, 02:38 PM
That was me he did that to. A couple a miles down the road I caught up to 'em
and slit his throat.
I was a good one!

OhU1
9/24/2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
"...is disgusted at the person who faked a homeless person out by waving money at them and then speeding away. Pray for people like that."

In. Prayers sent: Dear Lord, please smite this horrible person from the face of the Earth. At least cause him to lose his home requiring him to carry a sign that says "Need money for beer, pot and hooker, hey, at least I'm not bull****ting you". In Jesus name we ask it. Amen.

BillyBall
9/24/2010, 02:54 PM
I would laugh and then feel bad that I laughed for about 30 seconds and then completely forget it.

sooner59
9/24/2010, 05:36 PM
Most of those people begging for money aren't even homeless. My dad talked to one once and asked him why he couldn't find a job. The guy told him that he makes way more money begging than he could if he got a job. The guy said he pulled in anywhere from $40K-$60K per year for doing nothing but standing at intersections.

XingTheRubicon
9/24/2010, 06:18 PM
homeless......??? get a mangy, starved dog. Include cute dog name on your sign "please help me and scurvy"

those people rake

StoopTroup
9/24/2010, 06:30 PM
3Kb0Qe9rOns

StoopTroup
9/24/2010, 06:35 PM
NSFW

_2d_m2OVa_g&feature=related

SoonerStormchaser
9/24/2010, 08:52 PM
I'm still trying to find sympathy...:confused:

the_ouskull
9/26/2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtD_GUvu-wc

stoopified
9/26/2010, 10:38 PM
I'm still trying to find sympathy...:confused:It's between sh!t and syphilis.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2010, 12:35 PM
Never, no how, no way do I give money to a hobo. I donate to a recognized charity that will help people asking, but never do I give money to a hobo on the street.

SouthFortySooner
9/29/2010, 10:35 AM
homeless......??? get a mangy, starved dog. Include cute dog name on your sign "please help me and scurvy"

those people rake

..so does the messican with the sign, 'I JUST NEED $10 MORE DOLLARS TO GET BACK TO mEssICO'.

soonervegas
9/29/2010, 10:44 AM
I have been a passenger in a car when that exact scenario happened without warning. I'll admit....I chuckled, then told the person not to do it again while I am in the car.

Breadburner
9/29/2010, 11:08 AM
Whats wrong with scamming a scammer......